Finally, a reason to neglect my girlfriend and the ones I love :)

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kimbo_Slyce
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Three words.

Red. Dead. Redemption. Game of the year...nuff said. They captured so much of the wild west that I almost cried while playing it....

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
girlfriend>game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Meh. No interest.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

I think the PC version will be one of the best games ever, but the console one is certainly one of the best this year.

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kimbo_Slyce

girlfriend>game.ferret-gamer
I was allowed to take a small vacaction on Thursday and was suprised that the game already arrived in my mail (usually takes a few days longer than this). Its all I've been playing and doing since. I have about a bakers dozen of unread texts :O I cant even remember the last time that I've had this much fun with a videogame.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hellhund

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]girlfriend>game.Kimbo_Slyce

I was allowed to take a small vacaction on Thursday and was suprised that the game already arrived in my mail (usually takes a few days longer than this). Its all I've been playing and doing since. I have about a bakers dozen of unread texts :O I cant even remember the last time that I've had this much fun with a videogame.

I've been playing it, and pretty much nothing else, since it came out. I haven't gotten sucked into a game like this in a while. Fallout 3 did it, the first Mass Effect did it (haven't played 2 yet), NMH did it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]girlfriend>game.Kimbo_Slyce

ok, answer me honestly, would you rather have: A.) rdr and never have a girlfriend B.) a girlfriend.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

I think the PC version will be one of the best games ever, but the console one is certainly one of the best this year.

hellhund

Yeah because the improved graphics makes the gameplay 10x better right? If smg2 was on pc it would have gotten an 11.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="hellhund"]

IPWNDU2

Yeah because the improved graphics makes the gameplay 10x better right? If smg2 was on pc it would have gotten an 11.

mods say hi.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

[QUOTE="hellhund"]

ferret-gamer

mods say hi.

If mods say hi, then I am getting teh pc

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]girlfriend>game.ferret-gamer

ok, answer me honestly, would you rather have: A.) rdr and never have a girlfriend B.) a girlfriend.

Red Dead Redemption. Our relationship isnt too serious yet. ;)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I loved RDR but I can't defend you on this one TC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]I was allowed to take a small vacaction on Thursday and was suprised that the game already arrived in my mail (usually takes a few days longer than this). Its all I've been playing and doing since. I have about a bakers dozen of unread texts :O I cant even remember the last time that I've had this much fun with a videogame.

Kimbo_Slyce

you never specified your specific girlfriend, which if it is, it would be very hard for people on this forum to decide seeing as noone except you knows your girlfriend.
Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

Aaah, no. My GF >>> all of the videogames :P

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] ok, answer me honestly, would you rather have: A.) rdr and never have a girlfriend B.) a girlfriend.ferret-gamer

you never specified your specific girlfriend, which if it is, it would be very hard for people on this forum to decide seeing as noone except you knows your girlfriend.

??? :cry:

She's calling me back! The flat and circular entity sitting on the tray of my xbox beckons me back for more!

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"]

IPWNDU2

The better graphics will be nice, of course, but I was thinking there might be extra content, and of course, mods. Besides, I could really see shooting with the mouse as being an amazing thing.
Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kimbo_Slyce

Curious, would the scumbag who voted "Hate It!" please elaborate?

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#19 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
You may just be in luck, man! Isn't there some free co-op update coming out soon? I mean, you could play the game with your girlfriend, and have the best of both worlds ;). Yep, I love thinking outside the box :P.
Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kimbo_Slyce

You may just be in luck, man! Isn't there some free co-op update coming out soon? I mean, you could play the game with your girlfriend, and have the best of both worlds ;). Yep, I love thinking outside the box :P. DethSkematik
Haha I'll probably be done with the campaign by the end of next week (I just made it to Mexico and got Dead Eye level 3). Once I'm past that, then I'll probably be playing the game in moderate doses :D...but there are no doubts that my gf will be pissed :cry:

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#21 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts

[QUOTE="DethSkematik"]You may just be in luck, man! Isn't there some free co-op update coming out soon? I mean, you could play the game with your girlfriend, and have the best of both worlds ;). Yep, I love thinking outside the box :P. Kimbo_Slyce

Haha I'll probably be done with the campaign by the end of next week (I just made it to Mexico and got Dead Eye level 3). Once I'm past that, then I'll probably be playing the game in moderate doses :D...but there are no doubts that my gf will be pissed :cry:

Ah. Well, you're almost done anyway, so she'll understand ;). You just have to make it up to her later (might I suggest an Italian resturant?) :D.
kris912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kris912
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

girlfriend FTW, rdr SMH lol! game is dope though...

Cevesun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Cevesun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Just because someone views life differently than you, doesn't mean they're wrong. If he values the game more than his girlfriend, good for him. Do what makes ya happy. As for the poll question, I'd probably love it since I love open world games. I'll be getting it when I finish all my PS2 games and get a PS3.

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kimbo_Slyce

Just because someone views life differently than you, doesn't mean they're wrong. If he values the game more than his girlfriend, good for him. Do what makes ya happy. As for the poll question, I'd probably love it since I love open world games. I'll be getting it when I finish all my PS2 games and get a PS3.

Cevesun

No I just value this game more...at this moment. It brings me back to my childhood in a way...I used to be obssesed with cowboys hence my love of Toy Story and ownership of pretty much every Western that Clint Eastwood starred in.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hellhund

[QUOTE="Cevesun"]

Kimbo_Slyce

No I just value this game more...at this moment. It brings me back to my childhood in a way...I used to be obssesed with cowboys hence my love of Toy Story and ownership of pretty much every Western that Clint Eastwood starred in.

Lol, I don't like westerns. Pretty much only like Tombstone. But I love sandbox games, and this game is incredible.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

The campaign was great, but I'm not a fan of the online portion. Top game but I think 9.5 may be pushing it.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hellhund

The campaign was great, but I'm not a fan of the online portion. Top game but I think 9.5 may be pushing it.

Twin-Blade
The online portion is fun for a little bit, but that's it. The free roam is cool, since the entire game world is available. But there's just not much to do it in. Would've been better if it supported a lot more people, like 64.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#28 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

Kimbo_Slyce

I voted "Hate It!" because you didn't leave an option saying "Did not play it." I should have you moderated for calling me a scumbag too. :evil:

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

hellhund

The online portion is fun for a little bit, but that's it. The free roam is cool, since the entire game world is available. But there's just not much to do it in. Would've been better if it supported a lot more people, like 64.

Yeah that would be nice...but then again, imagine just doing your thing and then gettin in the middle of a war between 3 possees? It would be too much and there would be way too many people just hiding in buildings with buffalo rifles waiting for noobs or people who dont take video games very seriously to gallop by.

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

majadamus

I voted "Hate It!" because you didn't leave an option saying "Did not play it." I should have you moderated for calling me a scumbag too. :evil:

Come on man get the game already! You really wont regret it...yeah the introduction wasnt done too well and you might the impression that the graphics are terrible but they are quite the opposite. It seems daunting at first to explore this huge and violent world after Bonnie cuts you loose, but once you get out there, the game seriously opens up.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hellhund

This is the very game that was the last drop of dissappointment for me on the PS3 and why i instead am looking towards the Wii. You're just riding around a big dirt-patch shooting the same bad-guys with a boring aim-system for 15 hours. If you do the missions as quickly as possible, by using the stagecoaches and not watching the cinematics, you can probably finish the whole thing in 5 hours. The multi-player is the most lacking one i have played in a long time.

RobbySpry
Well, the Wii is definitely the place to go if you want something different.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hellhund

[QUOTE="hellhund"][QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

Kimbo_Slyce

Yeah that would be nice...but then again, imagine just doing your thing and then gettin in the middle of a war between 3 possees? It would be too much and there would be way too many people just hiding in buildings with buffalo rifles waiting for noobs or people who dont take video games very seriously to gallop by.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of stuff I want. Massive gang warfare. Hell, I already run around free roam, causing chaos. Shoot a guy off his horse and steal it to replace my donkey. Pick off people doing gang hideouts. Going on huge killing sprees in towns until the players hunt me down.
Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kimbo_Slyce

This is the very game that was the last drop of dissappointment for me on the PS3 and why i instead am looking towards the Wii. You're just riding around a big dirt-patch shooting the same bad-guys with a boring aim-system for 15 hours. If you do the missions as quickly as possible, by using the stagecoaches and not watching the cinematics, you can probably finish the whole thing in 5 hours. The multi-player is the most lacking one i have played in a long time.

RDR is a BIG step back from GTA4.

RobbySpry

Now why would you do that? lol

I have 11 hours of gametime and I've largely ignored the game's free form aspects such as minigames, sidequests, gang hideouts etc and I've only clocked in like 20 minutes of multiplayer. Yet, I just made it to Mexico, roughly five missions before the halfway mark. If I played a fare share of multiplayer, did all the gang hideouts I could, talked to more strangers, broke more horses and played all of the pub minigames, then I'm pretty sure I would be at like 16 hours.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

[QUOTE="majadamus"]

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

Kimbo_Slyce

Come on man get the game already! You really wont regret it...yeah the introduction wasnt done too well and you might the impression that the graphics are terrible but they are quite the opposite. It seems daunting at first to explore this huge and violent world after Bonnie cuts you loose, but once you get out there, the game seriously opens up.

I don't know if I want the game yet. Sandbox games don't appeal to me much anymore.
Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

[QUOTE="majadamus"]

majadamus

I don't know if I want the game yet. Sandbox games don't appeal to me much anymore.

Why? Tell me what you dont like and I'll tell you if Red Dead Redemption rectifies these problems. Oh yeah and did I forget Red Dead has a few RPG undertones? There are all these random encounters and things that I just love ontop of an interesting Honor system.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]girlfriend>game.ferret-gamer

To be honest after you're with a girl for a while you eventually end up wanting a break and having a hobby is like a vacation. I love playing games to clear my mind from my girl friend(Ex as of right now). I love girls, but they can be over rated as if you must stop your life for them. lol

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Kimbo_Slyce"]I was allowed to take a small vacaction on Thursday and was suprised that the game already arrived in my mail (usually takes a few days longer than this). Its all I've been playing and doing since. I have about a bakers dozen of unread texts :O I cant even remember the last time that I've had this much fun with a videogame.

bigblunt537

To be honest after you're with a girl for a while you eventually end up wanting a break and having a hobby is like a vacation. I love playing games to clear my mind from my girl friend(Ex as of right now). I love girls, but they can be over rated as if you must stop your life for them. lol

Exactly. Thanks man I need to start using this line. I think my next "vacation" will be somewhere around Fallout: New Vegas or the next in the Deus Ex installment hmmm? :D

BioDogshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BioDogshock
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts
[QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

[QUOTE="hellhund"]

ferret-gamer

mods say hi.

I dont care for mods anyway. Feel so fake. I only play official stuff. Not stuff from basement hackers :\
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] ok, answer me honestly, would you rather have: A.) rdr and never have a girlfriend B.) a girlfriend.Kimbo_Slyce

Exactly. Thanks man I need to start using this line. I think my next "vacation" will be somewhere around Fallout: New Vegas or the next in the Deus Ex installment hmmm? :D

Haha! I've been due a vacation for the longest, but I can never take it because GT5 keeps getting delayed :( lmao

Kimbo_Slyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kimbo_Slyce

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="IPWNDU2"]

BioDogshock

mods say hi.

I dont care for mods anyway. Feel so fake. I only play official stuff. Not stuff from basement hackers :\

I literaly laughed out loud after reading this

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
girlfriends are overrated soo RDR>>>GF
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Sucks IMO.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Fantastic game, but not one worth neglecting your GF for.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Since I cant shoot my girlfriend when I get mad at her, Red Dead Redemption wins by a landslide.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
girlfriend>game.ferret-gamer
Psssf. I real gamer wouldn't say such a thing. :P
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50663 Posts

I thought it was an 8.

After leaving America, the game got pretty lame. Mexico plain sucked and [spoiler] my ranch sucked [/spoiler]

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Got 100% in the SP of RDR last night, plus I make time for my girl. Gotta learn to multi-task tc. ;)