Final Fantasy XIII is not coming to the 360, but Fabula Nova Cristallis is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fraquelli
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts

Its like this, Im pretty sure you all heard about FFXIII's exclusivity being discussed right?
Im a big FF fan and I came to share some rumours circling around FF fansites with you.    but remember: they're just rumours

So, some of you may have heard about SE's Fabula Nova Cristallis project. It is a pact of DIFFERENT Final Fantasy XIII games that share nothing more than the same mythology (crystals). It has been confirmed that there are SIX FFXIII games within the project, three of which have already been shown:
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII (both for the PS3) and Final Fantasy Agito XIII (for Mobiles)

Now, there are some rumours going around concerning the 4th FFXIII game.
It has been said that the next FFXIII game, which acording to rumors will be named Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII, will be released to the Xbox 360----with the intention of competing with Mistwalker's Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

This is why I like SE, you know? They ONLY make exclusives, maintaining each game's quality as high as possible, and they make many of them for every console and portable. Not only do they make superb games and get good reviews, they also make a CRAPLOAD of money along the way.
Not only that,I LOVE FF, so the more people that get to experience it the better.

Although these are just rumours, they make perfect sense to me. This only benefits both SE and many gamers alike.

All people who own a 360 and love RPGs rejoice! Final Fantasy is (very likely) coming your way!:)

Thoughts? And keep it as unbiased as possible please.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
It's still a rumor. And if it comes, it better not be as boring as Crystal Chronicles.
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts

Its like this, Im pretty sure you all heard about FFXIII's exclusivity being discussed right?
Im a big FF fan and I came to share some rumours circling around FF fansites with you. but remember: they're just rumours

So, some of you may have heard about SE's Fabula Nova Cristallis project. It is a pact of DIFFERENT Final Fantasy XIII games that share nothing more than the same mythology (crystals). It has been confirmed that there are SIX FFXIII games within the project, three of which have already been shown:
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII (both for the PS3) and Final Fantasy Agito XIII (for Mobiles)

Now, there are some rumours going around concerning the 4th FFXIII game.
It has been said that the next FFXIII game, which acording to rumors will be named Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII, will be released to the Xbox 360----with the intention of competing with Mistwalker's Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

This is why I like SE, you know? They ONLY make exclusives, maintaining each game's quality as high as possible, and they make many of them for every console and portable. Not only do they make superb games and get good reviews, they also make a CRAPLOAD of money along the way.
Not only that,I LOVE FF, so the more people that get to experience it the better.

Although these are just rumours, they make perfect sense to me. This only benefits both SE and many gamers alike.

All people who own a 360 and love RPGs rejoice! Final Fantasy is (very likely) coming your way!:)

Fraquelli

so how do you know final fantasy is definatly not coming to 360? 

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14499 Posts

Makes sense from a business standpoint and seems beneficial to all parties.  But the problem lies in whether or not FFXIII Haerisies will be overshadowed by the other FF projects.  I think we can all admit that not all FF games are of equal worth, which is where the next fanboy battle begins: who has the BEST FF?

I definitely think it's a legit possibility.

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
It will probably end up being some shooter like Dirdge lol.
Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fraquelli
[QUOTE="Fraquelli"]

Im a big FF fan and I came to share some rumours circling around FF fansites with you. but remember: they're just rumours

So, some of you may have heard about SE's Fabula Nova Cristallis project. It is a pact of DIFFERENT Final Fantasy XIII games that share nothing more than the same mythology (crystals). It has been confirmed that there are SIX FFXIII games within the project, three of which have already been shown:

Now, there are some rumours going around concerning the 4th FFXIII game.
It has been said that the next FFXIII game, which acording to rumors will be named Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII, will be released to the Xbox 360----with the intention of competing with Mistwalker's Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

This is why I like SE, you know? They ONLY make exclusives, maintaining each game's quality as high as possible, and they make many of them for every console and portable. Not only do they make superb games and get good reviews, they also make a CRAPLOAD of money along the way.

All people who own a 360 and love RPGs rejoice! Final Fantasy is (very likely) coming your way!:)

oback

so how do you know final fantasy is definatly not coming to 360? 

I dont.
I just think that this particular rumour makes sense, thats why I posted it.

akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
Even if FF doesn't go to 360, MistWalker has the jrpg's covered. Namco also is bringing Eternal Sonata. So rpg lover's in genral should flock to the 360. it has alot of choice for nextgen rpg's. I'd say own a PS3 for " The Future ". Really, No joke. The PS3 will be great in a while, but until then get a 360 also and enjoy some great games. No, really.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
It's still a rumor. And if it comes, it better not be as boring as Crystal Chronicles.Tulak_Hord
That game was sooo dull, unless you had 4 mates with the game. And got them all round at the same time.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Terami

Even if FF doesn't go to 360, MistWalker has the jrpg's covered. Namco also is bringing Eternal Sonata. So rpg lover's in genral should flock to the 360. it has alot of choice for nextgen rpg's. I'd say own a PS3 for " The Future ". Really, No joke. The PS3 will be great in a while, but until then get a 360 also and enjoy some great games. No, really.akuma303x

Those RPG's are going to have to be pretty spectacular for all RPG lovers to flock to the 360.  And from what I've seen thus far... They look good but they don't look good enough to buy a 360 for.  Waiting to see how this all pans out...

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#10 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

It's still a rumor. And if it comes, it better not be as boring as Crystal Chronicles.Tulak_Hord

Or Mystic Quest. 

Ryusuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Ryusuken
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
I would wait for the Square-Enix Party thats going to happen in March before stating anything. The rumors are running rampant since Capcom saw the EAs light (i.e. multiplats makes you money....), and I do think that if SE doenst say anything about a major FF going to X360, its not going to happen. Maybe what the TC sayd has a point and have more chances of happening than FFXIII going multiplat (its always possible, but quite umproblable - SE owns to much to Sony to do such a thing without retaliation from them). Well, whatever, as it is, it seens that the era of 3rd party exclusives is really comming to an end.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SemiMaster

Actually this is a valid point.

I wonder if Square Enix will be so narrowminded to think that because its coming to the Xbox 360 (This other side project), it has to have lots of guns and violence to satisfy the audience. See thats the thing, some people want an actual Final Fantasy, not some bastard child game like Dirge of Cerberus. 

Not that I'm opposed to a first or third person shooter, but I don't like Square's non Final Fantasy main storyline games, they are always sub par and when they try new things they have no experience in those areas and end up sucking. Just put out XIII on the 360 and give people what they want : A true Final Fantasy game. Period.

Hopefully this party will shed some light though. 

rune-c1nd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rune-c1nd3r
Member since 2006 • 193 Posts
I actually want final fantasy to STAY on sony consoles. I mean, what's the point in having every single amazing game on the 360? I certainly don't want sony to just die. Sony sucks ass, but they are good competition. They keep M$ and Nintendo on edge, and trying to create fresh ideas, that will in turn be stolen by Sony.
Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fraquelli

I wonder if Square Enix will be so narrowminded to think that because its coming to the Xbox 360 (This other side project), it has to have lots of guns and violence to satisfy the audience. See thats the thing, some people want an actual Final Fantasy, not some bastard child game like Dirge of Cerberus. 

Not that I'm opposed to a first or third person shooter, but I don't like Square's non Final Fantasy main storyline games, they are always sub par and when they try new things they have no experience in those areas and end up sucking. Just put out XIII on the 360 and give people what they want : A true Final Fantasy game. Period.

SemiMaster

Exactly!
Thats why this rumour intrigued me. Because its was a FFXIII game, one of the main series.
Hell, if it was just a spin-off like a FF-FPS or something lol I would'nt have bothered in cliking "new topic"

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
It will probably end up being some shooter like Dirdge lol.Terami
ill hate SE forever if they make another one like this.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Terami
[QUOTE="Terami"]It will probably end up being some shooter like Dirdge lol.beldugo
ill hate SE forever if they make another one like this.

Me too!  LOL.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

So it's a FFXIII game but it's kind of a spin-off?

I'm not quite certain what to make of this. I just liked it more when they went 1 game at a time through the numbers.

If this Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII does come out on the 360, i'd hope it at least follows the main storyline rather than some type of Crystal Chronicles type of thing (although that wasn't a bad game at all).

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Terami
I actually want final fantasy to STAY on sony consoles. I mean, what's the point in having every single amazing game on the 360? I certainly don't want sony to just die. Sony sucks ass, but they are good competition. They keep M$ and Nintendo on edge, and trying to create fresh ideas, that will in turn be stolen by Sony.rune-c1nd3r
No to mention, I also like the idea of owning an entire series on one console.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

Fraquelli

Exactly!
Thats why this rumour intrigued me. Because its was a FFXIII game, one of the main series.
Hell, if it was just a spin-off like a FF-FPS or something lol I would'nt have bothered in cliking "new topic"

I'm confused, are you excited for this and the possibility it's not a straight up RPG or what? 

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
[QUOTE="rune-c1nd3r"]I actually want final fantasy to STAY on sony consoles. I mean, what's the point in having every single amazing game on the 360? I certainly don't want sony to just die. Sony sucks ass, but they are good competition. They keep M$ and Nintendo on edge, and trying to create fresh ideas, that will in turn be stolen by Sony.Terami
No to mention, I also like the idea of owning an entire series on one console.

i was about to say the same thing. its gonna be kind of wierd playing 3 different ff13.. i mean it would had been great if they release different ver. like pokemon with a few different pokemons in each ver. like back in the day pokemon red brung charizard or whatever his name is.. and blue brough blastoise. or i dont know i forgot what was different about it. but 3 different game is gonna make us pay $180 bucks on 3 FF with not that much work put into it and add to that the cost of a new system. not cool SE not cool.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
"Fabula Nova Cristallis" huh? Can I expect an effiminate male lead like most JRPGs?
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Well it's better than nothing if it's true,not sure how it will fit into the ff13 universe that square is putting more effort into than anything else they've done in the past.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

360 will egt FF13, anything else would just not sell at all, and after that they could port Versus too