Final Fantasy XIII awing SE vistors.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

So this month Advent Children Complete comes out in Japan with a limited release of the Final Fantasy XIII demo along side of it. But Square Enix has been inviting critics to their office in Tokyo to get a hands on with the demo. Both the UK staff at OPM and Edge were able to attend Square Enix only having good news to report.

"-his(FFXIII producer, YoshinoriKitase) claims are difficult to refute. Final Fantasy XIII is, put simply, the best looking game on the Playstation 3 yet." - Edge

So I guess the demo has left some good first impressions. Still the game isn't completed, but considering the two recent articles from each magazine I'm guessing Square Enix isn't holding back. Check out Final Fantasy-XIII.net for additional info.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Good news. If this turns out to be true, it could be a serious reinvigoration for Square-Enix in terms of quality.

Avatar image for UnrighteousFury
UnrighteousFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UnrighteousFury
Member since 2008 • 2764 Posts

It almost pains me to hear news about this game knowing that I won't get to play it for a long time.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
"best looking" what, artistically or technically? I'm actually sorta exciteed for this game now.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="tirralirra"]"best looking" what, artistically or technically? I'm actually sorta exciteed for this game now.

Probably the best to just look at. The thing about JRPGs is they can have a lot of detail because most of the stuff in the background, you can't interact with
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NeoGen85

[QUOTE="tirralirra"]"best looking" what, artistically or technically? I'm actually sorta exciteed for this game now.Couth_
Probably the best to just look at. The thing about JRPGs is they can have a lot of detail because most of the stuff in the background, you can't interact with

I would just like to say the phrase was from one person. But after it's said in the article the following paragraph goes on to describe how detail everything is from both an artistic and technical side. Not to mention both OPM and Edge were very impressed with how expressive the characters were. In OPM the writer says even though the demo was in Japanese he knew exactly what was going on simply because the body language of the characters provided by the motion-capturing was unbelieveable.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="tirralirra"]"best looking" what, artistically or technically? I'm actually sorta exciteed for this game now.NeoGen85

I would just like to say the phrase was from one person. But after it's said in the article the following paragraph goes on to describe how detail everything is from both an artistic and technical side. Not to mention both OPM and Edge were very impressed with how expressive the characters were. In OPM the writer says even though the demo was in Japanese he knew exactly what was going on simply because the body language of the characters provided by the motion-capturing was unbelieveable.

Well i'm sure it is a phenomenal looking game. FF games always look great. I'm just saying backgrounds are usually less intensive on hardware than say an FPS, where you have to factor in destructibility bullet holes and what not. Where as in an RPG you can focus less on that, and more on your character textures and effects on magic and what not. Overall making for a prettier game :D
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I have to be playing this by September. I really hope it's released in Japan by then.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tirralirra
[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="Couth_"] Probably the best to just look at. The thing about JRPGs is they can have a lot of detail because most of the stuff in the background, you can't interact withCouth_

Well i'm sure it is a phenomenal looking game. FF games always look great. I'm just saying backgrounds are usually less intensive on hardware than say an FPS, where you have to factor in destructibility bullet holes and what not. Where as in an RPG you can focus less on that, and more on your character textures and effects on magic and what not. Overall making for a prettier game :D

If only this was a PS3 exclusive, i'd be having so much more fun on SW :(
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NeoGen85

If only this was a PS3 exclusive, i'd be having so much more fun on SW :(tirralirra

Hehe. There has been a lot of news recently regarding Final Fantasy XIII taking advantage of the PS3 CPU. Actually, the word "advantage" might be a bit stretched. Square Enix is saying the game uses a lot of processing power from the Cell. Is that a good ora bad thing. But we've only seen screenshot and footage from the game running off of a PC most of the time. But OPM and Edge saw the demo running off the PS3; and theywere stun.

We're not going to know how the Xbox 360 will handle it. Square Enix hasn't even't been thinking about the port. We can only assume how the 360 will process things.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

Link is down.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tirralirra

[QUOTE="tirralirra"]If only this was a PS3 exclusive, i'd be having so much more fun on SW :(NeoGen85

Hehe. There has been a lot of news recently regarding Final Fantasy XIII taking advantage of the PS3 CPU. Actually, the word "advantage" might be a bit stretched. Square Enix is saying the game uses a lot of processing power from the Cell. Is that a good ora bad thing. But we've only seen screenshot and footage from the game running off of a PC most of the time. But OPM and Edge saw the demo running off the PS3; and theywere stun.

We're not going to know how the Xbox 360 will handle it. Square Enix hasn't even't been thinking about the port. We can only assume how the 360 will process things.

Hopefully, it will crap all over the 360 so we can say how it flopped, and of course on SW, a flop is more ownage-worthy than non-existence, right?
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Well Final Fantasy games always were known for their great graphics... If you look at FFX when it came out it was amazing and so was FFXII a few years later... Then you look at FF9 probably one of the most beatuiful games for the PS1. It wouldn't surprise me if FF13 was one of the most beautiful games both art and tech.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="NeoGen85"]

[QUOTE="tirralirra"]If only this was a PS3 exclusive, i'd be having so much more fun on SW :(tirralirra

Hopefully, it will crap all over the 360 so we can say how it flopped, and of course on SW, a flop is more ownage-worthy than non-existence, right?

Good for you you wish a game would flop you don't actually like final fantasy or think much of it or respect it if you did you'd want every one to experience it equally. Likely your another one of those that never heard of final fantasy before 7.

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Glad to hear about the general optimism of these critics following the demo. But we all know how impressions go before the actual retail release... Regardless, this is a Final Fantasy title following the numbered series. We have nothing less than immeasurably high expectations of the first Final Fantasy game of this generation.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I await in trembling anticipation for the day I can play that game and see the amazing art design and technical work on my TV. :D Final Fantasy is always is so strong in both departments that its just wonderful to look at.
Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
This is awesome. Nice new scans as well. Maybe you should put that to your title also.
Avatar image for KityKittyCatCat
KityKittyCatCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18 KityKittyCatCat
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts
Well Final Fantasy games always were known for their great graphics... If you look at FFX when it came out it was amazing and so was FFXII a few years later... Then you look at FF9 probably one of the most beatuiful games for the PS1. It wouldn't surprise me if FF13 was one of the most beautiful games both art and tech. haris12121212
Seriously, no one will be surprised. it's the first FF game to be released onto the PS3 with it's amazing graphics. Plus, it's the most recent one so all the best technology will be getting used to create the best graphics possible. Also, if they're taking this long to finish the game then there must be an awful lot of detail in there. If you watch the trailers of both cutscenes and gameplay, we can see that the game will be beautiful.