Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII Confirmed PS3 Exclusives!!!

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shuzen
Member since 2005 • 569 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII Confirmed PS3 Exclusives

At TGS Square showed off two new trailers for FInal Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII with confirmation that they would not be on Xbox 360 and would be PS3 exclusives.

The two trailers ran at TGS with the main character sitting in a big chair. Next thing you know there is a massive battle taking place with soldiers. A fantastic CG sequence follows.

The big news about these trailers from TGS fans which may upset a few Xbox 360 fans is that after the trailers ended in big biold letters it stated PlayStation 3 ONLY.

This is confirmation with this statement that these games will remain PS3 exclusives. So it may be possible for the Final Fantasy on Xbox 360 rumors to die down a bit.

http://www.ps3center.net/story-955-Final-Fantasy-XIII-and-Versus-XIII-Confirmed-PS3-Exclusives.html

So FFXIII will NEVER be on the Xbox 360!

Shuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shuzen
Member since 2005 • 569 Posts

http://www.ps3center.net/story-955-Final-Fantasy-XIII-and-Versus-XIII-Confirmed-PS3-Exclusives.html

Link

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts
The better source is here in gamespots preview.
xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts

Is this even the least bit surprising?

Its Final Fantasy..did anyone honestly expect this to be on 360? They'll be lucky to get a spinoff from Square Enix.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Awesome!!! Plotting exculsive games...2years in advance!!! 2009 is going be a great year.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Its Final Fantasy..did anyone honestly expect this to be on 360? They'll be lucky to get a spinoff from Square Enix.

xDonRobx

Lemmings thought they would get it.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

Screw Final Fantasy.

I am so sick and damn tired of hearing about that ****ing franchise that I could scream.

Dozens of lame spin offs, tons of repetitive re-hashes and sequels, I mean seriously, I cannot stand to hear or read the name Final Fantasy anymore.

This franchise is the ultimate golden goose for Square Enix, and they are milking the hell out of it, and out of all the misguided gamers that still have hope and respect for the franchise.:|

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Am I supposed to be surprised?

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

yeah well.... of course it is.

they wont work on the wii and releaseing them on the 360 would be dumb for squar since them games sellmostly in japan

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Am I supposed to be surprised?

Eponique

lol i got the same reawction :lol:

it's like saying MGS is a PS3 exclusive OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!! :o

bonethug1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bonethug1213
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts

Screw Final Fantasy.

I am so sick and damn tired of hearing about that ****ing franchise that I could scream.

Dozens of lame spin offs, tons of repetitive re-hashes and sequels, I mean seriously, I cannot stand to hear or read the name Final Fantasy anymore.

This franchise is the ultimate golden goose for Square Enix, and they are milking the hell out of it, and out of all the misguided gamers that still have hope and respect for the franchise.:|

jethrovegas
why so angry? nobody forces u to play these games or even read these threads. i personally stay away from all ff spinoffs but love the games in the series (except for XI), cant wait for XIII
ROCKINGFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ROCKINGFOOL
Member since 2005 • 1795 Posts

xDonRobx

back in 1996 no one ever thought that final fantasy would come to the ps1 but 1997 everything changed :)

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jethrovegas
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

Screw Final Fantasy.

bonethug1213

why so angry? nobody forces u to play these games or even read these threads. i personally stay away from all ff spinoffs but love the games in the series (except for XI), cant wait for XIII

Why am I angry?

Because Final Fantasy is a fan milking machine, and yet, for whatever reason, people treat the series as though it is sacred.

Do you have any idea how many FF games there have been? Do you have any idea how many of those spin-offs and re-hashes sucked?

Do you realize that SE has 12 games in their Chocobo mini-game series alone?

Do you even get that? :|

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
As long as SE continues to reveal new interesting stories I will always be a fan of Final Fantasy, and the odd remake of a older title is always apreciated. It's always nice to play a game of old with updated graphics and whatnot.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jethrovegas

As long as SE continues to reveal new interesting stories I will always be a fan of Final Fantasy, and the odd remake of a older title is always apreciated. It's always nice to play a game of old with updated graphics and whatnot.Jynxzor

There are twelve Chocobo games alone. Twelve. :|

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jynxzor

Why am I angry?

Because Final Fantasy is a fan milking machine, and yet, for whatever reason, people treat the series as though it is sacred.

Do you have any idea how many FF games there have been? Do you have any idea how many of those spin-offs and re-hashes sucked?

Do you realize that SE has 12 games in their Chocobo mini-game series alone?

Do you even get that? :|

Well obviously the people who buy all those rehashes and spin-offs disagree with you, matter of fact most Final Fantasy games have anything to do with previous titles. I wonder if you would be as angry if SE gave every Final Fantasy a different name, I think its more of a way to bind there titles together under one roof, also I assume it saves a bit of production time when using monsters/people from other games. Oh Chocobos...we love you.

It's not uncomon for a Sucessfull game series to have spin-offs and a few dud games, stuff happens developers are working on other projects and resources are pooled in other venues. Final Fantasy is a long runing series of games with a long history of greate games and potential.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts
[QUOTE="xDonRobx"]

ROCKINGFOOL

back in 1996 no one ever thought that final fantasy would come to the ps1 but 1997 everything changed :)

A main Final Fantasy (such as XIV, XV, XVI etc) will NEVER appear on a Microsoft system (atleast legally). They might givelemmings FF:Dirge of Cerberus 2 and complain that it didn't sell very well and it scored low due to the lack of disc space.

PS: That is excluding FFXI since it was released almost two years after it appeared on PC and PS2. Plus the fact that nobody really considers it to be FF since its an MMORPG instead of just a JRPG

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#20 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Good, then that makes it worth having both the 360 and PS3 for each set of exclusives.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jynxzor
Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jethrovegas

Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.Jynxzor

Actually FF gets milked alot more than Mario or Mega Man.

Like I said, FF is the town whore that stopped trying along time ago.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#25 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.R-Dot-Yung

FFX, FFXII arent good games?

Final Fantasy switches itself like a chameleon each time between games. The gameplay is usually quite different, whether ATB, Turn based, or something like FFXII. Final Fantasy only shares its name, nothing more. Smart marketing is all, get people who like a few (which more are great rather than sucky) coming back for more.

You don't have to be a Sony fanboy to love Final Fantasy, people just hate, that's all.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jethrovegas
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.R-Dot-Yung

I don't think they are good enough to warrant devotion when almost everything else in the entire franchise is absolute suckage/milkage outside of a handful of standouts like FF7 and FFX. :|

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.Jynxzor

Actually FF milking have even surpassed thoses. I thought it was a few months back. Something like 40+ FF titles were planned,comming out, or in development

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"][QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]Man you got some rage issues with SE, oh well everyones entitled to there opinion as odd as it may be, I'm sure Mario, megaman, and many others are on your hit list.jethrovegas

I don't think they are good enough to warrant devotion when almost everything else in the entire franchise is absolute suckage/milkage outside of a handful of standouts like FF7 and FFX. :|

The numbered games are critically acclaimed around the world.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

No surprise there,the real question is when will it come out?

it will probs be 2009....that's so long away :(

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
That is good to hear. People can stop saying FFVIII is coming to the 360.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII Confirmed PS3 Exclusives

At TGS Square showed off two new trailers for FInal Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII with confirmation that they would not be on Xbox 360 and would be PS3 exclusives.

The two trailers ran at TGS with the main character sitting in a big chair. Next thing you know there is a massive battle taking place with soldiers. A fantastic CG sequence follows.

The big news about these trailers from TGS fans which may upset a few Xbox 360 fans is that after the trailers ended in big biold letters it stated PlayStation 3 ONLY.

This is confirmation with this statement that these games will remain PS3 exclusives. So it may be possible for the Final Fantasy on Xbox 360 rumors to die down a bit.

So FFXIII will NEVER be on the Xbox 360!

shuhanmiah13657

MGS4 and Final Fantasy XIII and versus will sell millions of ps3s..everyone known it was only for ps3 accept lemmngs

ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts

No surprise there,the real question is when will it come out?

it will probs be 2009....that's so long away :(

blacktorn

Final Fantasy XIII probaly next year 2008 and Versus early 2009..

Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts

Ownage :D

Thats the japanease market penetrated....8)

O_OdazX_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 O_OdazX_X
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
My sig weeps...
Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
I am a Lemming and I wanna be the first to congratulate you cows on the success of having final fantasy as an exclusive. So without further to do Congratulations/sarcasm.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

My sig weeps...O_OdazX_X

''douse myself in Aunt Jemima syrup and go on top of my house and do the Macarena''

:lol:

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

STOP TEH PRESSES.

Seriously, wasnt this game already as a confirmed PS3 exclusive?

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Screw Final Fantasy.

jethrovegas

ANY company would "milk the hell" out of ANY successful game. Just look at Bungie. Three Halo games and and the next project will most likely be in the Halo universe. It really isn't that big of a deal since all FF game are amazing (excluding spin offs) and all Halo games are amazing. FF has brought more innovation to its series than the Mario, Pokemon, and Dragon Quest games have brought to theres (all with MANY sequals).

The main FF games dont get great scores across the board for nothing.

I never knew that many fans lost hope and respect for the franchise. Maybe I've been living in a cave???

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
maybe in 2009 ill want a ps3.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts
it was always a ps3 exclusive
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

What is this ?

We all know Blu dragon is better than the whole FF series... :roll:

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kevy619

What is this ?

AgentA-Mi6

Where did that come from? Lost Odyssey is more comparable to Final Fantasy. Anyway Mass Effect looks better than any of those games.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
This was confirmed years ago... why you think xbots stop talking about Multiplat years ago? Square Enix shut everyone up. Haeriesis is a rumour to me. if it goes to 360,i will buy a 360... no ill buy 2 360s!!!
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

What is this ?

kevy619

Where did that come from? Lost Odyssey is more comparable to Final Fantasy. Anyway Mass Effect looks better than any of those games.

... he's Sarcsatic xD! he said BLUE DRAGON!!! Mass effect is sucky... a new ip trying to beat a former underdog p-pleaze. Lost oddesy cant even 1 up FF3,Mass effect... LOL!!! how is that a rpg!!! it looks like a sci-fi TPS!!!

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

What is this ?

Hitamaru-homia

... he's Sarcsatic xD! he said BLUE DRAGON!!! Mass effect is sucky... a new ip trying to beat a former underdog p-pleaze. Lost oddesy cant even 1 up FF3,Mass effect... LOL!!! how is that a rpg!!! it looks like a sci-fi TPS!!!

Sarcasm? Or are you smoking crack? The point I was making was that Blue Dragon wasnt hyped as a Final Fantasy killer, it was barely hyped at all. Those other games are the ones that have a chance of being good rpgs, although lost odyssey is hyped A only.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

Link

shuhanmiah13657

Yes, and Undiscovered Infiniti will NEVER be on the PS3. :roll:

Seriously, who cares. Most people who want to play FFXIII will just get a PS3.

SE will probably make some other Final Fantasy games for the 360. I want some new IP's and sequels to Parasite Eve, Brave Fencer Musashi and Front Mission on the XBox 360. FF can stay on the PS3.

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="kevy619"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

What is this ?

Hitamaru-homia

Mass Effect.... sucky?

Do your self a favor and take the fanboy goggles off

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
nice
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Screw Final Fantasy.

jethrovegas

More like your misguided. If you knew ANYTHING about FF games you would know they are not related so calling them rehash and sequels is very silly. If anything FF franchise is stronger than ever after FFXII

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"]

People who think FF is one big series :lol:

They share the same name. That#s it.