Final Fantasy VX on PS4 putting TW3 and it's devs to shame!

• 119 results
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#101 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Some of those FFXV screenshots look pretty underwhelming. The game generally looks decent but by no stretch of the imagination spectacular. Its environments have a lack of object and geometry assets which is what I think is its weak point. Lighting isn't particularly impressive either, at least in those screens and for a Fantasy/Sci-Fi game (or indeed a Final Fantasy game) it seems to have a lack of particle effects adding variety, colour and extra light to the game's environment.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#102 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@general_solo76 said:

Every FF game that came after FF X is garbage anyway, so who cares? Bring back the old school turn based FF games, and some interesting characters and stories to go with them, then maybe they'll get their groove back.

This

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@general_solo76 said:

Every FF game that came after FF X is garbage anyway, so who cares? Bring back the old school turn based FF games, and some interesting characters and stories to go with them, then maybe they'll get their groove back.

This

actually ff xii was incredible, lacked a bit in the story aspect but the world and gameplay was one of the best.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

what the hell is VX?

Roman Numeral 15 is XV.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Zelda187 said:

@general_solo76 said:

This

actually ff xii was incredible, lacked a bit in the story aspect but the world and gameplay was one of the best.

Yep. When I first got it I was just as turned off as everyone else, but once you get into the game it's incredibly addictive with tons of content. It was more of a "next gen" FF than FFXIII AND it actually shared more similarity with the earlier games in the series than FFX did.

The story wasn't even that bad, it was just spread too thin over such a massive game.

JRPGLOL-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 JRPGLOL-
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

LOL what a joke. comparing a girly JRPG to Mans game that is witcher 3?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Haven't really seen enough of FF to make that kind of determination, but I honestly think TW3 looks better. But I'm excited for the Next FF game.. Next year will be VERY busy.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I came in expecting more talk about Graphics and nothing else.

I was not dissapointed..... Unfortunately.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

First off, all FFXV footage is on PC, confirmed by Nomura in 2013, Second, stop comparing games graphics before they come out, the amount of games that get downgraded before launch is disgusting

FF13 also comes to mind

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#110 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

For a game that has been in development for about 8 years, I would hope it'd look better than a game that's been in the works for half that time.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#112  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

While Final Fantasy 15 looks great graphically, the environments are really barren and not very diverse on a per-scene basis. There is a lot more detail packed in per-scene in The Witcher 3.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kinectthedots:

The picture at the bottom looks better even though is taken from a compressed video.

Witcher 2 is an open world, meanwhile FF is usually a corridor running simulator.

And secondly, suck this

The second GIF here, if it is truly being run in real time with consumer hardware; is the greatest graphical display of any video game, EVER.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

@chronoschris said:

@HaloinventedFPS:

I'm pretty sure the latest gameplay we saw is based off the demo we will be getting that comes with Final Fantasy Type-0. Which is in March 2015. I doubt there's going to be a downgrade.

No slowpoke, the demo isn't the TGS trailer, the demo takes place somewhere else & it's confirmed it's not coming in march 2015

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Zelda187 said:

@general_solo76 said:

This

Yep. When I first got it I was just as turned off as everyone else, but once you get into the game it's incredibly addictive with tons of content. It was more of a "next gen" FF than FFXIII AND it actually shared more similarity with the earlier games in the series than FFX did.

The story wasn't even that bad, it was just spread too thin over such a massive game.

FFXII was great. Many fans of the series just felt put off by it because of differences from the previous games. And I don't doubt many badmouth it without trying it out. A guy I know badmouthed it sometimes, until I lended him my copy.That being said, while it is certainly a solid and fun game it did have a number of questionable design decisions:

-The licence board, being the same for eveyone, meant that by the end of the game every character became more and more like eachother, to the point where they could become near carbon-copies.

-Executive meddling in the story, effectively shoehorning Vaan into the story because they though an androgynous main character would sell the game better in Japan (originally Balthier was supposed to be the main character).

-Having to buy gambits and going overboard with the system. (I should note that Dragon Age: Origins has a VERY similar system, almost a copy, and no one complains about that).

-etc

Regarding the story, like conan says, the story was simply a small part of a massive game. In that aspect XII was more western-style. JRPGs tend to focus a lot on the main story a few side quests while western RPGs tend to have a smaller main arch with a lot of side quests. XII was very western-style in that aspect. The game is massive, and it's easy to forget what the story is about but honestly it's quite interesting: The fight of a small country caught between the fight of two larger neighbours, and the attempt of Cid to free humanity from the will of the Gods (Occuria), which he actually succeeds at.

Also, the international edition actually fixed a lot of problems. Adding a job system for example, with many different licence boards. Unfortunately it never left Japan.

Regarding the topic at hand, I wouldn't be surprised if FFXV also makes it's way into PC, seeing has XIII just got released on Steam. I'm certainly hoping it will.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116  Edited By dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

2 things.

1. Thats a tech demo the gameplay is full of jaggies.

2.It is also coming to pc.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

hasn't ff15 been in development for probably 3 times longer than tw3

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

@kinectthedots:

The picture at the bottom looks better even though is taken from a compressed video.

Witcher 2 is an open world, meanwhile FF is usually a corridor running simulator.

And secondly, suck this

OP has been embarrassed.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Final Fantasy, the walking simulator!

reminds me of trying to evolve my Eevee into an Umbreon.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120  Edited By Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

FF 15 clearly looks better, the character models look better than in the Witcher 3

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#121 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Well it took FFXV like 8 years and its 60% done. This means we should expect this game by the year 2020 on the ps5.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Well it took FFXV like 8 years and its 60% done. This means we should expect this game by the year 2020 on the ps5.

By then, there might be a Xbox called Xbox Aquarius and SquareEnix developing for Xbox/PC Only (Sony will most likely go bankrupt sadly).