Fight Night Round 4 Demo Impressions...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

How are you liking the demo? will you buy the game? Discuss

-PSfanboy101

Cooldude224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Cooldude224
Member since 2005 • 3116 Posts

I didnt like it at all. It felt way to sporadic.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts
it was ok, i think i prefer FNR3 gameplay, but hopefully they let you choose the old control scheme instead of only the analogue stick
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

Very disappointed in the movement of the fighters. Super stiff and robotic. I'm kinda sad they simplified the controls, too. But the movement almost makes it feel like a broken game to me. I'll try it again to see if it was me or if it was the controls but my first impression is...............not good:(

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Not impressed...at all :( and it's a shame because i was really looking forward to this game
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
im loving ufc and im glad i got it. i played fnr4 demo. wasnt impressed i didnt like the graphics as much it just seems semi cartoony compared to fnr3. also i liked the gameplay more in fnr3.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I didn't like it at all. Punching with the right thumbstick was way too unresponsive (might just be my controller, the thumbsticks stick). The movement was really stiff as well.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

It just didn't have that punch behind the punch. I guess I got spoiled by UFC 2009. Fight Night 4 looks amazing though.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
using the sticks over face buttons killed it for me
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts
I didn't like it at all. Punching with the right thumbstick was way too unresponsive (might just be my controller, the thumbsticks stick). The movement was really stiff as well.II-FBIsniper-II
its not your controller lol, i had the same problem, in fact it was a 15 page thread on GT on just the control issues :lol: I think i might just go with UFC 2009
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Me and my friends had a blast with it.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Heres a link to the changes they made PEOPLE !!!

LINKAGGEEEE

Take note that this game was locked down in APril for demo release and it is much different now. they made some changes

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

First, bad fighters to try to sell a game with(you have Ali and Tyson and dont use them?). Punches are not strong enough, no one punch KOs...I will wait for the final build, but the demo is boring.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jerkface96

Also i did not have a problem with the thumbstick, i found it much easier to use and i actually knew what punches they were gonna throw, Yes the sounds the punches make are dumb but other than that i think it will be very tactical compared to other FNR games.

Link again just in case you guys missed my first one.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jerkface96

First, bad fighters to try to sell a game with(you have Ali and Tyson and dont use them?). Punches are not strong enough, no one punch KOs...I will wait for the final build, but the demo is boring.

Kahuna_1
Bad fighters PACQUIAO is one of the most popular boxers today lol, and there is one punch KOs ive had many of them happen, you just have to counter alot and landing a haymaker doesnt hurt either. but i do agree some punches like the right hand(heard they fixed it) arent exactly strong.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I'm actually liking it a lot and I think the introduction of the in-boxer/out-boxer gameplay is fantastic. I need to download it on my system and not just play it at my friends. :P
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]I didn't like it at all. Punching with the right thumbstick was way too unresponsive (might just be my controller, the thumbsticks stick). The movement was really stiff as well.navyguy21
its not your controller lol, i had the same problem, in fact it was a 15 page thread on GT on just the control issues :lol: I think i might just go with UFC 2009

How could they not notice that through development? Doing any punch that required two motions on the thumbstick was almost impossible to do consistently.
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

First time I've tried Fight Night and enjoyed the demo. Probably won't buy the game, or at least buy it anywhere close to full price.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

I hated it and I loved FNR3. FRN4 does seem more cartoony like someone else said.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kahuna_1

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

jerkface96

Bad fighters PACQUIAO is one of the most popular boxers today lol, and there is one punch KOs ive had many of them happen, you just have to counter alot and landing a haymaker doesnt hurt either. but i do agree some punches like the right hand(heard they fixed it) arent exactly strong.

Yeah he is big, but I wanted Tyson and Ali...and that would have been a much better combo than the worst fight of the year.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I liked it..but it feels like a huge downgrade from FNR3.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jerkface96

[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

Kahuna_1

Yeah he is big, but I wanted Tyson and Ali...and that would have been a much better combo than the worst fight of the year.

LOL yea i see what your saying also i was hoping for Tyson, but It was either the worst fight of the year or the best, i dont get how it could be the worst though, when UFC fights end like that sometimes lol, and people always complain about KOs never occuring lol.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Kahuna_1

Why buy the game when you can play as two of the best fighters (Read popular/influencial) with just the demo? It's just marketing and it makes sense.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jerkface96

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS LINK TO FIND OUT WHAT EA HAS FIXED

LINK

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kahuna_1

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

[QUOTE="jerkface96"] Bad fighters PACQUIAO is one of the most popular boxers today lol, and there is one punch KOs ive had many of them happen, you just have to counter alot and landing a haymaker doesnt hurt either. but i do agree some punches like the right hand(heard they fixed it) arent exactly strong. jerkface96

LOL yea i see what your saying also i was hoping for Tyson, but It was either the worst fight of the year or the best, i dont get how it could be the worst though, when UFC fights end like that sometimes lol, and people always complain about KOs never occuring lol.

I only say the worst fight because some boxing analysts were calling it fight of the year..and one said fight of the decade...yeah, ok, I saw that result coming from a mile away.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
using the sticks over face buttons killed it for mestereointegrity
Yeah, kinda ruined it. Looked pretty good at 1080p60hz
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kahuna_1

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

[QUOTE="jerkface96"] Bad fighters PACQUIAO is one of the most popular boxers today lol, and there is one punch KOs ive had many of them happen, you just have to counter alot and landing a haymaker doesnt hurt either. but i do agree some punches like the right hand(heard they fixed it) arent exactly strong. Ibacai

Why buy the game when you can play as two of the best fighters (Read popular/influencial) with just the demo? It's just marketing and it makes sense.

Yeah, I am just bitter because I have to wait until the end of the month.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Kahuna_1

Manny is a bad fighter? He's the hottest fighter there is right now.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Kahuna_1

The demo has been out for weeks for some of us that preordered, so the reason it's Hatton and Paquiao is because they'd just fought. It's the same reason that Shogun and Chuck were in the UFC demo.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jerkface96

Kahuna_1

I only say the worst fight because some boxing analysts were calling it fight of the year..and one said fight of the decade...yeah, ok, I saw that result coming from a mile away.

Id say KO of the year definently not fight maybe 10 punches were thrown lol
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jerkface96

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

BZSIN

The demo has been out for weeks for some of us that preordered, so the reason it's Hatton and Paquiao is because they'd just fought. It's the same reason that Shogun and Chuck were in the UFC demo.

exactly ive been playin the demo for ever