FF7 Remake, FF16, and Silent Hill 2 will never come to Xbox.

• 69 results
Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@uninspiredcup: 'At the end of day, just less accessible games'

That's only if you're poor 😎

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@fedor said:

Nowhere in that article does it say forever, the author is inserting that narrative, this is clickbait.

"When Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced, it was revealed as a timed exclusive, complete with a countdown timer as to how long it would remain exclusive to PlayStation. This led many Xbox fans to expect FF7R would eventually hit Microsoft's console, but alas, it simply hasn't been the case. It seems Square Enix's "timed exclusivity" periods pertain only to the PC versions of their games, given that FF7R is now available on Steam for Windows.

In case you missed it (spotted byKoreaXboxNews), Microsoft confirmed as much in its response to the UK regulator, claiming that Sony has set up permanent exclusion deals for games like Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XVI, and the upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake.".

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#54 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

Never say never. Shinji Mikami once claimed he would commit harakiri if Resident Evil 4 ever came to PlayStation...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@fedor said:

Nowhere in that article does it say forever, the author is inserting that narrative, this is clickbait.

"When Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced, it was revealed as a timed exclusive, complete with a countdown timer as to how long it would remain exclusive to PlayStation. This led many Xbox fans to expect FF7R would eventually hit Microsoft's console, but alas, it simply hasn't been the case. It seems Square Enix's "timed exclusivity" periods pertain only to the PC versions of their games, given that FF7R is now available on Steam for Windows.

In case you missed it (spotted byKoreaXboxNews), Microsoft confirmed as much in its response to the UK regulator, claiming that Sony has set up permanent exclusion deals for games like Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XVI, and the upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake.".

Once again, that's the author injecting his own narrative into the quote.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@fedor said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@fedor said:

Once again, that's the author injecting his own narrative into the quote.

"Microsoft confirmed as much in its response to the UK regulator, claiming that Sony has set up permanent exclusion deals"

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Fedor

@HalcyonScarlet: Click the link and show me the "confirmation". I've already read it and posted the entire quote to the regulator btw, literally speculation.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HalcyonScarlet

@fedor said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Click the link and show me the "confirmation". I've already read it btw

"In addition to having outright exclusive content, Sony has also entered into arrangements with third-party publishers which require the “exclusion” of Xbox from the set of platforms these publishers can distribute their games on. Some prominent examples of these agreements include Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix), Bloodborne (From Software), the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix) and the recently announced Silent Hill 2 remastered (Bloober team)."

Page 64

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1278 Posts

Exclusive deals will always be a thing. It has been since I was a kid, it still is as an adult. You might not like it, but that doesn't matter. There's a reason why some choose PS, while others choose Xbox. I know the games I like and I know they come to PS, and vice versa.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fedor

@HalcyonScarlet: I'll refer you to post 20 of this thread, I'm not going to have the same discussion twice in one thread. Have a good one.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@fedor: No idea why you're so worked up about this, my dude. Who even cares. It's just some news. Game on.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet

@fedor said:

@HalcyonScarlet: I'll refer you to post 20 of this thread, I'm not going to have the same discussion twice in one thread. Have a good one.

I read your post 20. I understand now.

Rather than the author injecting his own narrative, what could be worse is that he took it at face value and didn't research himself. Perhaps he doesn't know that some of those games are timed exclusives.

That would be worse, because video game journalism is littered with laziness and poor quality journolism in general. But to be fair, if you were a proper journolist, would you really give an eff about video games? Not exactly the thing renouned careers are made out of.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Thank you Sony for giving us another three reasons to own a PS5.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts
@eni232 said:

Devs should stop taking the money unless they prefer making games on Sony consoles only. It might be a bigger hassle for them to make games on both consoles since they are not the same hardware. So they are willing to take the money and make their game on the better console and cut their work time. You have to ask yourself why are they choosing a specific console to make games on. It can't be because of more money only. Microsoft has a lott of $$$$

What people forget is that MS decided to make 2 SKU of consoles for this generation and one with a SIGNIFICANTLY lower sec than the other which, by default, would have to be the base line development if included in ANY current generation title.

Some or many developers might not want to deal with the extra hassle of doing more work because a decision MS chose to split the generation's potential. Also, developers would be forced to limit the scope of their vision to the limit of what the Xbox Series S can do for any project and that also might not be something developers want to do for REAL current generation projects.

Many developers already voiced their frustration over having to work with Xbox Series S because of it's severe ram limitations, but everyone tried to pretend like it's not an issue saying "DaY Can JuZ ScAle" as if they saying something the developers don't already know.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@above_average:

Yeah I'm not surprised developers are trying to stay away from them. They tried pulling those same antics with the Xbox Kinect and trying to change how game sharing goes. I think they wanted to put something on purchased games to where they could only be played on a certain account or console. Goes to show you they are really out of the loop when it comes to what video games are and what they are about.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@pmanden:

Yeah, I don't see Final Fantasy selling PS5's. So Square Enix is really screwing themselves over this exclusivity deal - timed or not. I honestly don't know what the hell SE is thinking right now. It sure isn't about money.

Final Fantasy doesn't sell well on Xbox anyway. I'm sure they'll be fine.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#67 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

FF16 will show the PS5's power. The Revenge trailer is all in real time.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xvi-will-show-the-playstation-5s-power-revenge-trailer-is-all-in-real-time/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

FF16 will show the PS5's power. The Revenge trailer is all in real time.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xvi-will-show-the-playstation-5s-power-revenge-trailer-is-all-in-real-time/

Imagine not hearing that shit before and getting excited...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#69 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@above_average said:

What people forget is that MS decided to make 2 SKU of consoles for this generation and one with a SIGNIFICANTLY lower sec than the other which, by default, would have to be the base line development if included in ANY current generation title.

Some or many developers might not want to deal with the extra hassle of doing more work because a decision MS chose to split the generation's potential. Also, developers would be forced to limit the scope of their vision to the limit of what the Xbox Series S can do for any project and that also might not be something developers want to do for REAL current generation projects.

Many developers already voiced their frustration over having to work with Xbox Series S because of it's severe ram limitations, but everyone tried to pretend like it's not an issue saying "DaY Can JuZ ScAle" as if they saying something the developers don't already know.

If only what you typed made sense.😔

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@fedor said:

Uh, from the article: "It seems that Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Final Fantasy 16, and Silent Hill 2 Remake will never hit Xbox"

But yeah, I assume your point is nothing is definitive with these types of things. And it's true. But then, look at Bloodborne. At the end of the day, get a PC, and none of this matters. Except, of course, for Bloodborne.

You can play Bloodborne on PC if you have PS Plus Premium. Been on PC for a long time now.