deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Bioware may've lost its charm now ( ME A, Anthem) thanks to EA pressure and good programmers leaving the company , but it delivered masterpeices in its prime ( KOTOR, NW, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect Trilogy ). I will always be Bioware fan no matter what. And CDPR, never seen them delivering anything solid besides The Witcher 3. The combat too was a chore in TW 3. The Witcher 1 and Cyberpunk 2077 i need not describe. TW 2 somewhat improved upon TW 1 but then again messed up the combat. CDPR is no good as well if we take Cyberpunk 2077 debacle into account.Kind of went nostalgic as ME Trilogy Legendary Edition releasing soon, really hoping Bioware goes back into its former glory with upcoming Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age 4. *Fingers Crossed*

Guys, do you prefer BIOWARE or CDPR ?

Please share,

Thanking everyone in advance.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

CDPR has made two games that i liked (tw2 and tw3), but both of them are heavily flawed... the combat system being the major problem. Bioware has made way more quality games. ME1 is probably the rpg with my favorite story and characters. DA:O is most likely in my top 3 fav rpg's ever. ME3 has my favorite horde mode multiplayer and i don't think i've even played any of their prior titles to 2007 when ME1 came out, and i know they were praised a bunch.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

They both have limitations and tarnished reputations, but on balance, I trust CDPR more. The Witcher 3 had a rough launch too, but CDPR didn't abandon it, and so far they're not abandoning Cyberpunk either. BioWare left Andromeda and Anthem to rot, and the last game they supported to the same degree that CDPR do was Neverwinter Nights.

Quite frankly, when it comes to narrative-driven RPGs, Obsidian is who I would turn to first right now.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Neither

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Bioware

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

I haven't enjoyed any game from Bioware and I've absolutely loved Witcher 3. So the choice is obvious to me in this case.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

They both have limitations and tarnished reputations, but on balance, I trust CDPR more. The Witcher 3 had a rough launch too, but CDPR didn't abandon it, and so far they're not abandoning Cyberpunk either. BioWare left Andromeda and Anthem to rot, and the last game they supported to the same degree that CDPR do was Neverwinter Nights.

Quite frankly, when it comes to narrative-driven RPGs, Obsidian is who I would turn to first right now.

ok that funny comment.

you need to say ea told there own dev studio... yeah we wont fix it. cost to much...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

EA threw andromeda and anthem under the bus because they have a bunch of other games. CPDR has nothing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I got to go with Bioware as they have more high quality games that I have enjoyed. However, The Witcher 3 is the best game from either developer.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

CDPR have let me down once and so far seemed committed to fixing that let down, Bioware have been on a run of disappointment and seem happy to abandon those projects in fairly short order.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Avoid both like the plague.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

This has been asked dozen of time and my answer is still. they both suck.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

CDPR has made a grand total of one game I like so I'm going with Bioware.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

Bioware easily.

Kotor was cool but had wack gameplay. I love the ME trilogy. Andromeda and Anthem both have enjoyable combat even if they've got other issues. Never got into the Dragon Age . It's lame that they don't seem to know how to tell a decent story anymore, but the gameplay in their games has gotten alot better.

Witcher 2 and 3 have weak gameplay. 2 had a cool story. 3 dragged alot in places and wound up dropping it. Candidate for most overrated game of all time. Cyberpunk? Lol. All the crying about its launch, makes Anthem's and Andromeda's seem not so bad.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

Bioware fur chur.

Though lately umm, well, the new Mass Effect, better rock mah socks off baby!!! :P

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#16 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
@firedrakes said:

ok that funny comment.

you need to say ea told there own dev studio... yeah we wont fix it. cost to much...

@hardwenzen said:

EA threw andromeda and anthem under the bus because they have a bunch of other games. CPDR has nothing.

EA, BioWare, the effective outcome is the same. Doesn't matter what the motivations are.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Feel Bioware once started great, but have declined into mediocrity. Much of the staff has been replace, their design chasing with trends, directed by EA, their writing cringe, competitors risen over the years including their once derided B-TEAM Obsidian outclassing them at every turn.

In the case of CDPR, they were never great. Always overrated.

The original Witcher, wasn't good. It's Enhanced Edition, isn't good. It's borderline unplayable chalked full of bad design decisions.

Yet it was launched at a time when people were crying "PC Gaming is dying", with many developers jumping ship. Their was an air of desperation from the PC community willing to latch onto anything, and CDPR marketing team are better than their actual games. It became something championed. PC game for PC gamers with mature, adults only writing.

Witcher 2 is probably their best game imo. It's pretty good. Granted haven't played Cyberpunk.

In modern terms take Larian Studios, Paradox or indie developed games like Underail and the Shadowrun developers over them.

The games are cheaper. They have soul to them, something Bioware is desperately lacking as their once prestigious brand recognition now sits eroded to "just another EA studio", a monument to desecration.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

I like Bioware more. I mean some of their games sucks but atleast the combat portions is really fun. Heck Anthem combat was really good but the design of everything else is terrible.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Definitely BioWare for me. I’ve only ever played two games from CDPR, those being The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3. TW2 was ok, loved TW3. On the other hand I’ve played way more from BioWare and loved most all of it. Even enjoyed Andromeda although I was disappointed in it from it being a Mass Effect game.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

BioWare hasn't been relevant for me in almost 10 years.

Also Witcher 1 > Witcher 2

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I prefer Bioware for sci-fi.

I prefer CDPR for fantasy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Still prefer Bioware. Not to say I dislike CDPR; I do enjoy their games.

It's just Bioware has made two games I didn't enjoy out of a lot of games, and CDPR has only made two or three games I liked.

Plus Bioware's writing, character development, and so on is just top notch. CDPR tries too hard in a lot of examples though their writing and stuff is pretty good too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@lebanese_boy said:

I haven't enjoyed any game from Bioware and I've absolutely loved Witcher 3. So the choice is obvious to me in this case.

Wow, really? What games have you played from Bioware?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

The old Bioware, but recently it'd be CDPR. Though CP2077 definitely tarnished CDPR, I still enjoyed the game on the whole.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I never got into Witcher, and CP2077 was a letdown, so BioWare by default. Though I never cared for a single Dragon Age game, they got the Mass Effect series. Even Andromeda, despite being disappointing, looks quite good in the end when compared to Anthem.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

BioWare haven’t delivered a good game in ages, where CDPR are on a roll ( terrible launch of CP2077 aside) so obviously CDPR now, the BioWare I loved is long gone and have zero faith they ever will again... BioWares legacy is still a lot stronger than CDPRs though!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I like Mass Effect, but don't have much of a preference.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I like both honestly. Bioware's had a few games that missed the mark, (DA2, ME Andromeda, Anthem) but those games and the exodus of talent from Bioware I place at EA's feet, not Bioware. The gameplay in all of those games where great, but DA2 and ME:A where rushed out before they where ready to meet EA's deadlines, and Anthem was in development hell from 2012 to 2017 until it was pushed to a GaaS game. Even DA: Inquisition was clearly developed as EA's jump into the MMO market before switching gears back to a single player RPG.

ME:Andromeda's support was killed by EA after the forced, premature launch was negatively recieved, and people that have left Bioware have openly said that EA's Frostbite engine was a nightmare to develop for, but they where forced to use it anyway. Both developers have made excellent gaming experiences, but the sad fact is that Bioware's creativity and development cycles where shackled down and stifled the moment EA acquired them and injected their corporate bureaucracy.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Wow, really? What games have you played from Bioware?

If memory serves me correctly It's Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Didn't enjoy them one bit.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Can I choose Bioware of the 2000's? If not, both are shit.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Bioware has been on a steady decline for years while CDPR's reputation and reliability have taken a huge blow with Cyberpunk. All in all, I prefer Bioware as they've made my favorite trilogy (Mass Effect) and one of my favorite RPGs (Dragon Age: Origins). The Witcher 2 & 3 as well as Cyberpunk are games I enjoyed but I'm not that huge of a fan.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#33 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

based on their current status? CDPR

based on their entire libraries? probably Bioware

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1394 Posts

Bioware? Played DAO a dozen times. The add on not so much.

I didn't have hard feelings towards CDPR, but after 2077 they are irrecoverable. The CDPR fanboyism must be strong, seeing they still rake in big money after they straight up advertised the game falsely. I'm sure the big trail of goop they left throughout the community was of great contribution to achieve that.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I mean CDPR shit the bed with Cyberpunk sure but Bioware is basically a dead company at this point. If we're talking about which company has the best overall lineup it's Bioware but if we're talking who will produce the next big hit between the two it's CDPR.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

CDPR is still a good studio but with a recent misstep

Bioware currently is no longer the Bioware which released Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins.

We're comparing a studio who made 1 major F up, with another that has nothing but a name attached to it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

Bioware.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I'd take old Bioware over CDPR, but now I'll take CDPR over new Bioware any day.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

CDPR. I don't like them much, but I did like the Witcher 3 very much. I played Cyberpunk for about 2 hours and got so bored I never played it again.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

I've kinda enjoyed one bioware game. I've enjoyed two Cd games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Bioware since they have actually more than one good IP under their name. CDPR is like well we did good with TW2 and TW3 but haven't done anything great since then or before cause lets face it the first Witcher game was pretty ass. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if barely anyone played it.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

For RPGs right now, its Obsidian and Larian. Both are infinitely better than CDPR and Bioware at making much better games at a fraction of cost.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

But Cyberpunk's technical issues don't make it a bad game. They just forced it out a year early. But when they are done with it, it could be great, no?

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@voljin1987 said:

For RPGs right now, its Obsidian and Larian. Both are infinitely better than CDPR and Bioware at making much better games at a fraction of cost.

.......before being purchased by Microsoft. I can tell you one thing - Microsoft did not by Obsidian for Larian-esque RPGs like Pillars of Eternity. MS is thinking more along the lines of Fallout: New Vegas. Yes, it's still an RPG, but since you put Obsidian and Larian in the same sentence, I'm guessing you're thinking more of Pillars.

Say bye bye to isometric RPGs from Obsidian

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Bioware made some of my favorite games ever, those people behind the games are long gone and bioware has pretty much releases turds since ME2

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

I guess CDPR because they still have good waifus!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I prefer polls for these type of threads . But to answer your question, I use to like both equally, but now I’m just saddened how far they have fell :(

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11280 Posts

Bioware is a vastly superior. The Witcher 3 is one of the best RPGs of all time, but Mass Effect 2 is easily on par. Baldurs Gate I is on the same level. Baldurs Gate II is arguably even better.

while Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 3, Neverwinter Nights are all better than the first two Witcher games and Cyberpunk.

So not really close tbh. 1 masterpiece and a few great games doesn't compare to 3 masterpieces and a handful of great games.