lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I think FC5 is probably my least favorite after FC2, setting is good, there's moments the game visually impresses, but lacks in gameplay. I'd easily prefer FC3, Blood Dragon, FC4, or even Primal over FC5.

FC2 as well, horrible AI but one of the more unique Dunia builds with its balance of weather and foliage effects, and it's day night cycle.

Far Cry 5 just feels lacking at times, the guns available feel minimal, most the microtransaction guns are just special versions of weapons already in game so don't know why they even bothered. The special currency also just feels like a waste since it's not hard to earn money in the game.

I kind of wish there was more cookie cutter filler here, as there's not much to make up for the lack of it. Fewer outposts to take over. Hunting is done for me strictly to make money for new weapons and vehicle unlocks.

I gave this game a generous 7/10 when I started, I'm toward end and a 7/10 still feels pretty generous.

Oh, and no drugged out sequences to speak of. So sad. You can smoke pot, makes the world look pretty for a bit. There's the few bliss visions are kind of cool. Nothing close to what we saw in FC4.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

WTF has happened

Ubisoft happened

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

10 years ago when Far cry 2 released. it was most hated game that time. every one complain about its repetetiveness. now after decade later. it become most beloved game of series.

FC2 is still my fav far cry.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

What I really liked about FC2 was the immersion. it had a minimalist UI, and some cool touches like the map being a physical item you pull out and look at.

FC3 onward had terrible, cluttered UIs. You could turn off elements of them but the games were clearly designed with having all of the UI crap enabled in mind.

Cluttered UI design is one of my biggest gripes with Ubi games in general

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

What I really liked about FC2 was the immersion. it had a minimalist UI, and some cool touches like the map being a physical item you pull out and look at.

FC3 onward had terrible, cluttered UIs. You could turn off elements of them but the games were clearly designed with having all of the UI crap enabled in mind.

Cluttered UI design is one of my biggest gripes with Ubi games in general

It took 10 years to finally embraced FC2. its now a cult classic

while it has flaws. its execution are terrible. but game itself was very well made. probably best far cry game ever made imo.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Finally Far Cry 2 is getting some love. Still miles ahead of Far Cry 3 and its clones. The video reminds me of Mafia 3 v/s 1.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

there's a blog post i read a few years ago from an ex-ubisoft dev titled something like "why i left my dream job at ubisoft."

it describes how they went from creating games with small focused teams based at one location, to a multi-continental relentless production line churning out games 24/7 with no leadership or collective vision and devs working on tiny pieces of games with no exposure, visibility or understanding of one another's work and how it connected together.

shame because in the early to mid noughties ubi made some great games. far cry 2 was crap though, and from that point on saw the beginning of their decline into soulless, filler riddled mediocrity

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm not watching 20 minutes of that. I'm assuming the one with more realistic physics (helpfully unlabeled) is Far Cry 2 and we are mad about it

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I would like Far Cry 2 more if walking wasn't such a chore, not to mention there were ant hills the player's character could not traverse (similar to the limitations of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl). Another thing I didn't like is the green/brown tint. I don't know why that tint was so common: Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas.....Bleech.

On the other hand, I loved the gunplay, weapon jams, mortar, and especially the map:

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

You'd think the devs would build on what's already been made...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Ubisoft had to make sure far cry 2 could stand up to far cry 1, since far cry 1 wasn't made by ubisoft it was made by crytek.

While far cry 2 couldn't match the revolution far cry 1 was, far cry 2 was still a very good game. The depiction of african wilderness, gunplay and special effects were stellar for that time.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

What everyone hated farCry 2 back then the effects doesn't surprised me it used the same engine as crysis. I hated it because of the long ass driving parts

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

The Malaria mechanic in Far Cry 2 alone makes Far Cry 5 a better game at the sum of its parts.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

FC2 details are great but those damn annoying respawning AI and horrible voice acting kills it for me. I know FC5 has alot of annoying respawning enemies too but FC2 feels worst also the malaria was extremely annoying. FC2 has a great setting and alot of detail but I just don't find the game fun.I also wonder how the game would of turned out if it stayed a PC exclusive like it was suppose to be maybe it could of held up better to Crysis.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I've been saying it for years, but if they took the Far Cry 2 Dunia build and took the gameplay elements of later games, I'd think they'd have a great game on their hands. Though I imagine it's a trade, you get the open world of later games but have to sacrifice physics and AI. I'm surprised they hadn't strived for balance. I don't see how abandoning the day/night cycle and weather systems of Far Cry 2 were essential to creating Far Cry 3 onward. I think there were two main sections of the game's map that probably could have been chopped into two separate maps like Far Cry 2, just do away with that artificial land edge that Far Cry 2 had. Improving the gunplay and enemy AI to allow for stealth better probably would have greatly improved on the series.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

FC2 is still the best in the series. FC3&4 were just arcadey kiddie games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I prefer far cry 5 I hated far cry 2

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Far Cry 2 would be a good candidate for a remake or remaster. The crappy green tint has to go. But, keep everything else intact.

The green color palette isn't quite as bad as in Fallout 3. But, it's close. It's still yeech. ;) Even the first Far Cry had a better color palette.