Far Cry 2 - Better graphics on PS3? (no 56k) PICTURES!

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 bladeeagle
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"][QUOTE="Lidve"][QUOTE="JackDaniels121"][QUOTE="C-Lee"]

PC>360,PS3

I actually couldn't tell the difference between the two consoles

shery_n95

id say pc = 360 = ps3 in this one.

i've seen all in motion, and I really can't tell much of a difference. I'd imagine the pc version has a high resolution, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

Why exactly do we claim things to look so much better when it pretty much look the same?

And Im going to go out on a limb and say this FarCry 2 > Crysis graphically. While Crysis goes for straight realism, the lighting in farcry is freaking awesome.

16.2 frames per second. bet that is a blast to play.

hahahha that was a very bad ownage :lol: ...This was the only problem with Crysis.I loved the graphics and game but it needed optimization.Far Cry 2 team has done a marvelous job of optimizing it properly.And to be honest,its no less than Crysis.

Then pick up Crysis warhead. My 8800 GT can run it at high with above 30 FPS.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
What's up with those ugly scanlines in the 360 version?
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"][QUOTE="Lidve"][QUOTE="JackDaniels121"][QUOTE="C-Lee"]

PC>360,PS3

shery_n95

i've seen all in motion, and I really can't tell much of a difference. I'd imagine the pc version has a high resolution, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

Why exactly do we claim things to look so much better when it pretty much look the same?

And Im going to go out on a limb and say this FarCry 2 > Crysis graphically. While Crysis goes for straight realism, the lighting in farcry is freaking awesome.

16.2 frames per second. bet that is a blast to play.

hahahha that was a very bad ownage :lol: ...This was the only problem with Crysis.I loved the graphics and game but it needed optimization.Far Cry 2 team has done a marvelous job of optimizing it properly.And to be honest,its no less than Crysis.

The truth about crysis is that, though it is a beautiful game, most players have to run it at medium or lower settings to get a good framerate and, when reduced to that level, it's pretty but not spectacular.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

Here is the video comparison:

look at 0.38 at the shadows on the car, they're better on the ps3 so these pic can be real :P

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thetruespin

Here is the video comparison:

look at 0.38 at the shadows on the car, they're better on the ps3 so these pic can be real :P

Al3x_n90

i better throw in a fanboy comment:

well well well... so not only is the PS3 getting better exclusive nowadays, it's getting better versions of multiplats - Mirrors Edge, Far Cry 2. Plus you don't have to worry about the RROD.

Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts

PC version looks better than both, so why bring it up?Blue-Sky

It's called CONSOLE WARS, not PC vs CONSOLE WARS

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Cows dont post about the screen tearing and frame struggling sometimes in the ps3 version :lol: i wonder why...
bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bladeeagle

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]PC version looks better than both, so why bring it up?danthegardner99

Last time I checked this is SYSTEM wars. And PC is a system.

eloyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 eloyc
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts
[QUOTE="danthegardner99"]

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]PC version looks better than both, so why bring it up?bladeeagle

All 360s are the same, all PS3 are the same, all PCs AREN'T the same. They don't play the same game since PCs are upgradeable and you can charge them with a lot of RAM and ultrapowerful graphics cards.

The true war is between consoles. If not, tell us the specs of a single PC, not say just 'PC'.

This is my opinion. :)

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 thetruespin

Cows dont post about the screen tearing and frame struggling sometimes in the ps3 version :lol: i wonder why...MojondeVACA

umm.. because this is nonsense? I have put many hours into this game and I have encountered no stuttering and the screen tearing is on par with the 360 version - which i have played at my friends. On the 360 version i also noticed more significant pop-up... an entire bridge popped into existence at one point. this has never happened whilst i have been playing on the ps3, in fact the only pop up seems to be grass and the occasional bush.

fofal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fofal
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts
[QUOTE="C-Lee"]

PC>360,PS3

JackDaniels121

The PC version is way better....and sorry, crysis =/= farcry 2.

if you would see that in motion you wouldnt come up with this.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

Am I the only one who does not see any difference whatsoever?Floppy_Jim

Hence the term, 'Fanboy Goggles'.

bladeeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 bladeeagle
[QUOTE="bladeeagle"][QUOTE="danthegardner99"]

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]PC version looks better than both, so why bring it up?eloyc

All 360s are the same, all PS3 are the same, all PCs AREN'T the same. They don't play the same game since PCs are upgradeable and you can charge them with a lot of RAM and ultrapowerful graphics cards.

The true war is between consoles. If not, tell us the specs of a single PC, not say just 'PC'.

So an xbox elite is the same as the arcade mode?

Or a 40 gig PS3 is the same as a 20 gig?

Of course not.

Yes all PCs aren't the same, but most with modern technology can play the same games. PCs all require video cards, RAM, hard drive, motherboard, etc.

True war is between consoles? The fact is that same games come out for both PC, 360, PS3, and the Wii.

eloyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 eloyc
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts
[QUOTE="eloyc"][QUOTE="bladeeagle"][QUOTE="danthegardner99"]

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]PC version looks better than both, so why bring it up?bladeeagle

So an xbox elite is the same as the arcade mode?

Or a 40 gig PS3 is the same as a 20 gig?

Of course not.

Yes all PCs aren't the same, but most with modern technology can play the same games. PCs all require video cards, RAM, hard drive, motherboard, etc.

True war is between consoles? The fact is that same games come out for both PC, 360, PS3, and the Wii.

Come on, HDD space doesn't make games run faster or with more polygons.

And I know that games also come out for PC, but consoles are always at a disadvantage because SOME PC could be far more powerful. Consoles are ****fied by generations, PCs follow a continuous path.

:)

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

true or not true who cares cuz PC > both

chikenfriedrice

Anyone who hasn't built a high end PC in the last 18-24 months.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
Looking at all the mutiplats so far, the 360 seems to do better with textures, while the PS3 does better with the lighting.
Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Grady420
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

Looking at all the mutiplats so far, the 360 seems to do better with textures, while the PS3 does better with the lighting.Rikusaki

The 360 is always going to do better with textures and will usually have less jaggies. But the Ps3 seems to be better with lighting, draw distance and having more stuff on screen. I think the power of these consoles are closer than people think.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#68 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

wow, people really go that far to see a shadow diffrence?

and + i don't see a difffrence.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
my 8600gt looks better than both.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
It better seeing as they had about 4x the amount of devs porting to the PS3 compared to the 3 used on the 360 version.
medicine_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 medicine_freak
Member since 2003 • 300 Posts

Anyone who thinks that Far Cry 2 comes close or :o even surpasses Crysis in the graphics department is absolutly out of his mind, or didn't play both games. The weapon models in Far Cry 2 is a joke, nothing more than plastic models. The character models are barely touching to a Half Life 2 level.

In terms of performance, the FPS average in Crysis cannot be directly compared to the FPS average in other games or Far Cry 2. If you played Crysis you would understand that. While playing Crysis with an FPS in the 20s is very responsive and very playable, other games don't offer the same responsivness unless you play at well above the 30 FPS level.

Conclusion:

Crysis Graphics > Far Cry 2 graphics

And I am not a fanboy of any, I own both, with the PC version of Far Cry 2. Sadly I wish I could get my money back on Far Cry 2, and my gripes are not the graphics, but the rediculous AI and the repetitive gameplay.

Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Grady420
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

Anyone who thinks that Far Cry 2 comes close or :o even surpasses Crysis in the graphics department is absolutly out of his mind, or didn't play both games. The weapon models in Far Cry 2 is a joke, nothing more than plastic models. The character models are barely touching to a Half Life 2 level.

In terms of performance, the FPS average in Crysis cannot be directly compared to the FPS average in other games or Far Cry 2. If you played Crysis you would understand that. While playing Crysis with an FPS in the 20s is very responsive and very playable, other games don't offer the same responsivness unless you play at well above the 30 FPS level.

Conclusion:

And I am not a fanboy of any, I own both, with the PC version of Far Cry 2. Sadly I wish I could get my money back on Far Cry 2, and my gripes are not the graphics, but the rediculous AI and the repetitive gameplay.

medicine_freak

And who was saying far cry was better?

medicine_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 medicine_freak

And who was saying far cry was better?

Grady420

This:

JackDaniels121

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 thetruespin

Conclusion:

medicine_freak

a game running at 20fps may be "playable", but it aint much fun.

medicine_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 medicine_freak
[QUOTE="medicine_freak"]

Conclusion:

thetruespin

Actually in Crysis it is very playable and very much fun in my experience. I tried it on the machine in my signature, getting around 25 fps steady. On my more recent machine it goes above 40 both with a special config with a mixture of high and very high but much loser to very high.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
[QUOTE="medicine_freak"]

Conclusion:

thetruespin

The game is very much playable at 20FPS and Crysis is actually more fun than Far Cry 2 considering Far Cry 2 is way too repetitive that it gets boring after a while.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
The textures are a lot muddier and uglier.The only thing I see slightly better are the shadows.
dbocanegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dbocanegra
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
can someone put the PC pics up there to crush both
fofal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 fofal
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts

BANG!!!

housy2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 housy2008
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
If your comparing something like shadows, look at the arm, the tattoo looks much crisper on the 360 lol. See how dumb that sounds? Who cares.
linkinpark494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 linkinpark494
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

Am I the only one who does not see any difference whatsoever?Floppy_Jim

Look the same to me also.

shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#83 shahchip
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts
I agree, the windshield wipers look waaaaaaaaaay better on PS3
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think its the picture card thing because it doesn't look like that . pc version is better hands down.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
what i see are lots of jaggies that I don't have in my version
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 thetruespin
everyone is talking about the difference between Mirrors Edge on the ps3 and 360.. but farcry looks a lot worse on the 360
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
they are both ugly.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Does it make the gameplay any less boring???
98scoutgandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 98scoutgandia
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

Some of these are just Sony Fanboys who got insecured because of what happened in Fallout 3 for PS3....

And I also saw one comment saying that the XBox 360 looks "a lot worse" WTF?? If it's "a lot worse" then it should've been the graphics of Wii!!!

And also, (PS3=XBOX360)>Wii

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
I prefer my pc version. Everything is so sharp :).