Face it SW posters Nintendo is winning the console war

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-_Wii_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -_Wii_-
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves.
Re5ident_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Re5ident_Evil
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
Sales matter? Yea, that's how PS2 won.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Let's just hope these sales bring quality games and not more "My Word Coach"'s
Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
They are winning in sales.
And soon to be winning games. After November.
-_Wii_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -_Wii_-

Sales matter? Yea, that's how PS2 won.Re5ident_Evil

Wii has games as well just the majority of posters around here dont like the selection

Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts
Ok I agree it is winning in sales and will proberly win in sells.But , Games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sales . and at this point the wii has little to show for its number one spot.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves. -_Wii_-

Its the other way around buddy. The lemmings are exactly winning considering they have the most AA and AAA games.

groudyogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 groudyogre
Member since 2006 • 1661 Posts
Wii FOR THE EPIC WIN!! SUPER MARIO GALAXY SPORE RESI UMBRELLA CHRONICLES FIRE EMBLEM BWII SMASH BROS BRAWL MEDAL OF HONOUR HEROES 2 METROID PRIME 3 ZACK AND WIKI SO MANY GOOD TITLES *POP*
-_Wii_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -_Wii_-
The wii has great games but you all just go by someeditors opinion but fact is sales is not some opinion on whether some dude gave a game a certain score or not.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves. -_Wii_-

Great its winning with what, minigames, shovelware, 1st party solid games and PS2 ports. So guess what you can expect with its success...more of those kind of games. The Wii is being left out of alot of solid PS3/360 multiplats and its gone beyond a trend, its beginning to be the way it will be this gen. So enjoy the Wiis sales and if you like the kind of games the Wii has and will be getting good for you but dont expect gamers who bought a PS3 or 360 for games like, GTA, GT, Halo, MGS, GOW, RE5 and more to be jealous because Wii gamers arent getting any of the games that appeal to us.

pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pintabear49blue

The wii has great games but you all just go by someeditors opinion but fact is sales is not some opinion on whether some dude gave a game a certain score or not. -_Wii_-

So 50 cent bullet proof is a great game then?

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Yes, because your username gives off such an incredible aura of neutrality...

j/k

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

The wii has great games but you all just go by someeditors opinion but fact is sales is not some opinion on whether some dude gave a game a certain score or not. -_Wii_-

Dude I dont go by scores, I go buy my own opinion and IMO the Wii does not have the kind of games that appeal to me. I also like play games with my normal control and devs liking making games for this which is why you get Soul Calibur legends while I get Soul Calibur 4, and you get RE: UC (FPS...lol) while I get RE 5. Wii could never satisfy my gaming requirements.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

I could see if someone was saying the Wii had a good library and according to review sites it was off by a few amount of AA AAA titles, but overall on most credible review sites it seems that the Wii is falling behind the other consoles in games, take GS for example its almost 3 times behind what the PS3 has to offer in AA and up games.

AA and up games:

Wii:13

PS3:30

360:60

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
the wii is way behind in games,itll take more then galaxy to come back
KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Great... except Nintendo said they aren't in the console war.
reximus2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 reximus2000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The only reason the Wii is winning is sales is because people that have been anti-gaming in the past go over to there friends home or see a display with the the Wii they see it played or pay it themselves (mostly Wii Sports) and they go Wow! that is so different I think I should get on of those. Just about everyone I know that is 40+ and didn't grow up when video games came out tell me their wives play the Wii and are like honey we need to get one they are so much fun. The Wii is fun don't get me wrong played enjoy playing it. But I think the Wii is just trendy cause its new and different. With I weaker graphics processor compared to the 360 and PS3 I don't see it maintaing a very long shelf life such as Gamecube or PS2. And most games for the Wii suck unless directly developed by Nintendo.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Why even argue the only good games for the Wii are made by nintendo.

Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
Funny how some lemmings claiming how they are winning the console war because they have most of the AAA games. What do lemmings think? That because in USA, they have the most AAA does not mean it does on Europe and Japan. Lemmings always don't count the other regions for a reason. Hmmm, i wonder.
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
the wii is going to walk alway with this gen if it does even 1/2 as good as ds then 360 and ps3 are dead .
Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts
the wii is way behind in games,itll take more then galaxy to come backi-lick-monkeys
You say that like it's behind or something...this with your R&C sig and avatar, kinda...ironic.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Sure it's winning in sales, who can argue? But how can minigames and first party games make it the winner of this gen?
gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gilv3r
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts

Toasters have sold more than all combined. Does that make it a gaming console? No. But yeah congrats on your sales bud. Considering you boast about them you must get commission or something? Otherwise I don't see how it is beneficial to sheep.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Any real gamer would give a **** about sales.

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Sales let new games and consoles be made... just throwing that out there.
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pintabear49blue

Funny how some lemmings claiming how they are winning the console war because they have most of the AAA games. What do lemmings think? That because in USA, they have the most AAA does not mean it does on Europe and Japan. Lemmings always don't count the other regions for a reason. Hmmm, i wonder.Zaistev_basic

Nearlyeveryone here goe by US scores.

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

the wii is way behind in games,itll take more then galaxy to come backi-lick-monkeys

What's that about a 7.5 again?

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chipp

[QUOTE="-_Wii_-"]Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves. gilv3r

Toasters have sold more than all combined. Does that make it a gaming console? No. But yeah congrats on your sales bud. Considering you boast about them you must get commission or something? Otherwise I don't see how it is beneficial to sheep.

Terrible analogy, you can do better than that. At least try, ok?

Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaistev_basic"]Funny how some lemmings claiming how they are winning the console war because they have most of the AAA games. What do lemmings think? That because in USA, they have the most AAA does not mean it does on Europe and Japan. Lemmings always don't count the other regions for a reason. Hmmm, i wonder.pintabear49blue

Nearlyeveryone here goe by US scores.

Thus, when we talk about the quality of the games, it's mostly one point of view (American). Thus, there is bias. When we use games score from one region onlyfor game quality, then there is bias which makes game rating as a measure for console success invalid. You have to count the entire market. You can't just cherry pick game scores and use it as evidence for a console winning the console wars.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gilv3r
[QUOTE="gilv3r"]

[QUOTE="-_Wii_-"]Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves. Ramadear

elaborate. Try better than that. No rebuttle or anything. Just an empty remark. When you think of something kiddo let me know.

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

They are winning in sales.
And soon to be winning games. After November.
Weslii

Maybe if super smash brothers hadn't of been delayed.

carios23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 carios23
Member since 2002 • 898 Posts

is there anything else other than galaxy in november or december?

hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chipp
[QUOTE="Ramadear"][QUOTE="gilv3r"]

[QUOTE="-_Wii_-"]Whether you like the games or not the fact remains that Nintendo is #1 in the sales charts and is STILL having problems keeping the Wii on shelves. gilv3r

elaborate. Try better than that. No rebuttle or anything. Just an empty remark. When you think of something kiddo let me know.

Fair enough, The analogy makes no sense because the toaster is a household appliance that does simply one thing. You don't interact with it really nor can it change the way it can stimulate you. And on top of that no one expects a toaster to become a gaming machine. Which is were your analogy collapses upon itself. So basically what you are stating is that Wii isn't a gaming console because of sales. Yet, individuals buy the console to play game. So yes, what you said makes no sense. But if you wish to further explain your analogy to me, be my guess.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
This is how I see it at the moment.

The 360 is in the driver's seat when it comes to games. The Wii is in the driver's seat when it comes to sales. And I really hate to say it, but sadly, the PS3 isn't even in the back seat. It's more like in the trunk. :(
householdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 householdman
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

This is how I see it at the moment.

The 360 is in the driver's seat when it comes to games. The Wii is in the driver's seat when it comes to sales. And I really hate to say it, but sadly, the PS3 isn't even in the back seat. It's more like in the trunk. :(peaceful_anger

Tied up and gagged.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Ok I agree it is winning in sales and will proberly win in sells.But , Games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sales . and at this point the wii has little to show for its number one spot.pintabear49blue

nex munth :D jus wait :D

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gilv3r
I will be your guest. I don't consider "mini-games" games. The gamecube was a gaming machine, the Wii is not. I'll put it in better terms for you. The wii is a toaster okay? It can only make toast, toaster strudels, etc. The PS3 and 360 are more like microwaves, they can make frozen dinners, pot pies, pizza, fried chicken, taquitos, egg rolls, salsa, cheese dip, etc. You can actually make something really good in it. You can make a much larger variety of things, not just casual light breakfast material. You see the toaster is in a different market. It isn't capable of producing what a microwave does. When they are in completely different markets do sales really matter? Nah.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
I will be your guest. I don't consider "mini-games" games. The gamecube was a gaming machine, the Wii is not. I'll put it in better terms for you. The wii is a toaster okay? It can only make toast, toaster strudels, etc. The PS3 and 360 are more like microwaves, they can make frozen dinners, pot pies, pizza, fried chicken, taquitos, egg rolls, salsa, cheese dip, etc. You can actually make something really good in it. You can make a much larger variety of things, not just casual light breakfast material. You see the toaster is in a different market. It isn't capable of producing what a microwave does. When they are in completely different markets do sales really matter? Nah. gilv3r
Except the Wii is just as capable of handling any gaming genre as any other console, unless you're going to put on your fanboy goggles and regurgitate ignorance about minigames. If anything, it provides for experiences which wouldn't be possible on the 360 or PS3. Do you think games like Trauma Center or Zack & Wiki could be done on other home consoles? I think not. And that's where your analogy falls apart: it isn't grounded in reality.
gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gilv3r
But does trauma center or z&x have the depth of a true game? Oh yeah they don't.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Yes indeed, though I can't say from first hand experience, everyone in my family interested in one (thus far) has gotten their hands on one. Still, these all required multiple trips to the store and/or camping out. It's quite a different sort of system though, the DS has a different sort of library, more in the way of what interests me has been on the portable side of Nintendo.

Avatar image for Lakers20004life
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lakers20004life
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

360 makes over 360,000,000 a year on XBOX live by itself. Plus 360 sales way more games and way way way more software than the wii. Just because they Wii has sold a couple of million more in Japan doesnt mean they are winning the console war.

No next gen console, crappy online gaming, none multiplatforms, all their exclusives are little kid games or mini games, not HD compatable not a DVD player this stuff really hurts the system. I could go on but wont.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gilv3r

[QUOTE="gilv3r"]I will be your guest. I don't consider "mini-games" games. The gamecube was a gaming machine, the Wii is not. I'll put it in better terms for you. The wii is a toaster okay? It can only make toast, toaster strudels, etc. The PS3 and 360 are more like microwaves, they can make frozen dinners, pot pies, pizza, fried chicken, taquitos, egg rolls, salsa, cheese dip, etc. You can actually make something really good in it. You can make a much larger variety of things, not just casual light breakfast material. You see the toaster is in a different market. It isn't capable of producing what a microwave does. When they are in completely different markets do sales really matter? Nah. Hoffgod
Except the Wii is just as capable of handling any gaming genre as any other console, unless you're going to put on your fanboy goggles and regurgitate ignorance about minigames. If anything, it provides for experiences which wouldn't be possible on the 360 or PS3. Do you think games like Trauma Center or Zack & Wiki could be done on other home consoles? I think not. And that's where your analogy falls apart: it isn't grounded in reality.

Actually the controls hinder gameplay in fighters. RPGs well.....does the wii have rpgs? Don't have nearly as many great shooters as the 360. They are capable of bringing games in a genre, but to the same effect as the PS3 and 360? No.

Avatar image for Lakers20004life
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lakers20004life
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

360 makes over $360,000,000 a year on XBOX live by itself. Plus 360 sales way more games and way way way more software than the wii. Just because they Wii has sold a couple of million more in Japan doesnt mean they are winning the console war.

No next gen console, crappy online gaming, none multiplatforms, all their exclusives are little kid games or mini games, not HD compatable not a DVD player this stuff really hurts the system. I could go on but wont.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
But does trauma center or z&x have the depth of a true game? Oh yeah they don't.gilv3r
So puzzle games aren't real games any more? BTW... z&x? :question:
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chipp

I will be your guest. I don't consider "mini-games" games. The gamecube was a gaming machine, the Wii is not. I'll put it in better terms for you. The wii is a toaster okay? It can only make toast, toaster strudels, etc. The PS3 and 360 are more like microwaves, they can make frozen dinners, pot pies, pizza, fried chicken, taquitos, egg rolls, salsa, cheese dip, etc. You can actually make something really good in it. You can make a much larger variety of things, not just casual light breakfast material. You see the toaster is in a different market. It isn't capable of producing what a microwave does. When they are in completely different markets do sales really matter? Nah. gilv3r

You must mean graphically the ps3 and 360 are more diverse? Because generally they are no different from their last gen predecessors besides the graphical upgrade. I suppose you might be one of those types of individuals who believes graphics make the game, however they don't. They only contribute to a portion of it. Which is another loop hole in your argument, unless your speaking purely about graphics. If the 360 and PS3 are only graphical upgrades of the last gen, they are bringing nothing more diverse to the table than the last systems did. However, the Wii is techinically stronger than the last gen systems and it brings motion controls to the table. So which one does more again? Or as you say it, cooks more? Sure not the 360/PS3. I own a Wii and guess what? I don't have any mini games besides Wii sports which came with they system. There is no one forcing you to go out and buy those types of games.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gilv3r
see above post. and i mean't to put zack and flop....my bad.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Its only winning the sales war and doesn't deserve its success

/thread

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chipp

Funny how some lemmings claiming how they are winning the console war because they have most of the AAA games. What do lemmings think? That because in USA, they have the most AAA does not mean it does on Europe and Japan. Lemmings always don't count the other regions for a reason. Hmmm, i wonder.Zaistev_basic

Of course not, Japan won't find half of the games 360 fanboys call AAA to be AAA. Basically the 360 is a polarized system that is geared at aiming towards one type of individual while the Wii aims at a more universal approach.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gilv3r

[QUOTE="gilv3r"]I will be your guest. I don't consider "mini-games" games. The gamecube was a gaming machine, the Wii is not. I'll put it in better terms for you. The wii is a toaster okay? It can only make toast, toaster strudels, etc. The PS3 and 360 are more like microwaves, they can make frozen dinners, pot pies, pizza, fried chicken, taquitos, egg rolls, salsa, cheese dip, etc. You can actually make something really good in it. You can make a much larger variety of things, not just casual light breakfast material. You see the toaster is in a different market. It isn't capable of producing what a microwave does. When they are in completely different markets do sales really matter? Nah. Ramadear

You must mean graphically the ps3 and 360 are more diverse? Because generally they are no different from their last gen predecessors besides the graphical upgrade. I suppose you might be one of those types of individuals who believes graphics make the game, however they don't. They only contribute to a portion of it. Which is another loop hole in your argument, unless your speaking purely about graphics. If the 360 and PS3 are only graphical upgrades of the last gen, they are bringing nothing more diverse to the table than the last systems did. However, the Wii is techinically stronger than the last gen systems and it brings motion controls to the table. So which one does more again? Or as you say it, cooks more? Sure not the 360/PS3. I own a Wii and guess what? I don't have any mini games besides Wii sports which came with they system. There is no one forcing you to go out and buy those types of games.

eh read the first line and stopped reaing the wall. No not just graphically but how diverse the games are as well. You guys have SMG(looks good) and wii fit(haha) this holiday. Extremely unimpressive.