Fable Legends PC will be exclusive to the Windows 10 Store

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/fable-legends-pc-will-be-exclusive-to-the-windows-10-store/

GOG, Steam, Origin, Uplay. No, **** off Microsoft. We've got enough platforms, passwords and accounts as is.

Kevin Unangst, senior director for PC gaming states, "We are not intending to compete with Steam. If anything, we want Steam to be even more successful – they’ve done great things for PC gamers in terms of having a single store...our goal right now isn’t to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I knew this would happen. Doesn't really bother me right now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Doubt most pc gamers care about this game, be loaded with cynical paywalls regardless.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#5 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

People might have cared if it was a game they actually wanted

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Man , that's funny.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

It's because of Cross-play on XBL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Are we actually complaining about a free to play game not being on Steam? Did you throw a hissy fit when League of Legends, Hearthstone, or Minecraft were not on Steam?

Jesus.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Are we actually complaining about a free to play game not being on Steam? Did you throw a hissy fit when League of Legends, Hearthstone, or Minecraft were not on Steam?

Jesus.

response thread or no... i could have just edited that pat out. i'm just saying... how are you not climbing up on your high horse to lock this thread that is posting news we already knew a long ass time ago? lol

you guys make no sense! lol

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

Knew it would happened to "We'll support valve and steam" microsoft?

I wonder if they'll try to keep Rise of The Tomb Raider off Steam since they paid it off to be a Windows 10 exclusive which counts out potential support for Mac, Linux, and SteamOS.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Don't you already have to have a microsoft account for windows 10? I'm really not seeing the problem.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

You guys will bitch about anything that has to do with Microsoft. Free game with cross play on Xbox One. Deal with it. Bye.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Jesus.

Blizzard and Riot Games never claimed their goal was to support Steam.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Never played the series.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

It's not like you have to download a storefront or anything, because it's embedded in the system. Plus like someone else said, the game's free.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

not surprising or a big deal. gears ultimate will probably be the same.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Don't really care since I have no interest in this game, but hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

lol fable...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@soulitane said:

Don't you already have to have a microsoft account for windows 10? I'm really not seeing the problem.

i guess people would rather play it on steam and STILL need to use another account to join in to.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Do you need an active XBLG subscription to play online though?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Jesus.

And this isn't proof of a long term goal of not supporting steam. It is a free to play, MS published first party, cross play with the X1 console game. Don't see the problem here in wanting to keep the game's name tied to MS' gaming platforms be it Windows 10 or X1

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#23 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

As if we are starving for a game like this. Lol... Can't wait for Divinity: Original Sin 2.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Jesus.

And this isn't proof of a long term goal of not supporting steam. It is a free to play, MS published first party, cross play with the X1 console game. Don't see the problem here in wanting to keep the game's name tied to MS' gaming platforms be it Windows 10 or X1

My thoughts exactly.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/fable-legends-pc-will-be-exclusive-to-the-windows-10-store/

GOG, Steam, Origin, Uplay. No, **** off Microsoft. We've got enough platforms, passwords and accounts as is.

Kevin Unangst, senior director for PC gaming states, "We are not intending to compete with Steam. If anything, we want Steam to be even more successful – they’ve done great things for PC gamers in terms of having a single store...our goal right now isn’t to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

Ermm....it's Windows 10 exclusive. You need account for basic OS functionality.

Anyway, it's crossplatform and Free-2-Play. It was obvious it wouldn't be on Steam. It's impossible to do crossplatform with Xbox One through Steam alone. At most you would be downloading it from Steam but after launching you would still need to go through Xbox system. So what's the point? It's even free, so it;s not like you could hope to buy it cheape during Steam promo. All you would achieve by it being on Steam is forcing yourself to log-on twice.

Anyway...Steam isn't doing all that hot in F2P category anyway. Majority of biggest F2P titles aren';t even on Steam at all. So the complains seems really weird

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdrianWerner

@Juub1990 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Jesus.

And Blizzard and Riot don't have any games on Steam. Microsoft does. So they are supporting Steam, just like they said they would.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Lol was on steam for a while.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

All this means is that even fewer people will care about this game, if that's even possible.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#29  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

DL it right now (15.9 GB). Will give it a go Saturday.

illage2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 illage2
Member since 2011 • 713 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: What if your on Windows 7????

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Never understood why some PC gamers freak out if they have to get a game somewhere other then Steam.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#32 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

BTW, you do not need to run anything in the background to play the game. You just launch the shortcut.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Not really a problem when the Windows 10 store is installed automatically, and can't be uninstalled... And your account is linked to your complete PC, so I don't even think you need to keep track of that account.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdrianWerner

@GrenadeLauncher said:

All this means is that even fewer people will care about this game, if that's even possible.

It's a free 2 play game. In this category arriving on Steam is usually a sign of failure

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: They are afraid their God will abandon them.

@illage2: You can upgrade from Win7 to 10 for free.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: You literally can't use Windows 10 without a MS account efficiently, to set up a second account you need a Microsoft account.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I don't see the problem.

I don't want to get games from is Square, because I hear they have some weird drm thing going. Also I've got a bit of a '**** off' attitude to Ubisoft as well, just because they've had some weird drm practices and poor ports.

I'm happy to use Steam and Origin.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

WIndows store comes with Windows 10 and links with your Hotmail/Microsoft online account.

@illage2 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: What if your on Windows 7????

Same issue as if a game is available for PS4 and you have PS3.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

I wonder if they'll try to keep Rise of The Tomb Raider off Steam since they paid it off to be a Windows 10 exclusive which counts out potential support for Mac, Linux, and SteamOS.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive for Microsoft. It's even coming for PS4 later. This is different. But then again, I don't care about Fable Legends, and I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@starjet905 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive for Microsoft. It's even coming for PS4 later. This is different. But then again, I don't care about Fable Legends, and I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

Meh I could careless since I can just add non steam games to Steam but I'm worried that microsoft may start locking down third party games to be Windows 10 exclusive. Gigantic is another example.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@daniel_su123 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: You literally can't use Windows 10 without a MS account efficiently

I can and do. Don't care about the Windows Store or Cortana at all. I already have apps cluttering my smartphone. I don't need or want them on my PCs. I don't need to synchronize seetings between devices either because they are supposed to be different on each one. What else? Nobody else is using my computers and I never felt the urge to use OneDrive. I used a local account with Windows 8 and will continue to do so with Windows 10. Microsoft realized that not everybody wants that shit anyway.

"Microsoft's policy about local accounts in Windows 10 seems to have changed in a very positive way. You no longer have to choose between limited capabilities and cross-platform integration. Windows 10 tries to find a balance between Microsoft accounts and regular users' expectations.

This policy change seems to be oriented at users who, for example, have a single computer and synchronization services are useless for them. Also, it is now easier for those of you who like the idea of having separate accounts on separate computers to create usable local accounts.

The inability to install apps from the Windows Store when you are using a local account doesn't seem such a serious problem, especially for users who are not interested in them. Still, you have to remember that there is a middle ground, meaning that you can log into a local account and then use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows Store and separately into any apps you would like to use.

All in all, Windows 10 takes it down a notch when it comes to Microsoft accounts and will allow you to use this operating system in a more personalized manner. It may well be an attempt on Microsoft's part to make this operating system more appealing to legacy users."

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@starjet905: But is it going to be on Windows 7? Doubt it, if it's going to be on the Windows Store, you can be sure that the Steam version would only work on Windows 10

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

You can use Windows 10 without an account... It sure does love it's telemetry but it runs and works great.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#44 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

They probably shouldnt have said they're supporting Steam some month ago.

Not surprised, but not disappointed either. The Windows Marketplace is nicely integrated into windows anyway like as if it's part of windows explorer. It doesnt feel too much like a separate client compared to Steam, Origin, Galaxy, Uplay etc.

Fable sucks, though

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

@daniel_su123 said:

@starjet905: But is it going to be on Windows 7? Doubt it, if it's going to be on the Windows Store, you can be sure that the Steam version would only work on Windows 10

I don't think you understand how Windows Store apps work. The Windows Store version is not what will be on Steam. Those Windows Store apps don't work via any other distribution platforms.

EDIT: To add to that, there are already games that are on both the Windows Store and Steam, and while the Windows Store versions work only on Windows 8.1 or higher, Steam versions work fine on Windows 7.