Fable 2 is terrible

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Why do so many people consider Fable 2 superior to Fable 1? Neither are great imo. Here's the problems with Fable 2.

• barely a rpg
  • can't die
  • hardly any augments
  • way too many glitches in the game. needed far more testing before it was released.
  • boing characters who repeat the same lines over and over. I especially liked hearing "capricious products to satisfy all your gluttonous needs" repeated over and over. And "the time is...very late." Amusing the 1st time, annoying as heck after the 100th.
  • boring quests. helping characters out I could care less about.
  • horrible graphics. might have worked for a launch 360 game, but terrible by today's standards.
  • terrible menu
  • long load times and small areas between each load time
  • terrible map
  • way too easy to make money

And this game won GOTY on Xplay? lol...

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Yeh, The Witcher is a much better RPG. Play that.
Avatar image for TheAnnihilation
TheAnnihilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheAnnihilation
Member since 2009 • 430 Posts

Why do so many people consider Fable 2 superior to Fable 1? Neither are great imo. Here's the problems with Fable 2.

• barely a rpg
  • can't die
  • hardly any augments
  • way too many glitches in the game. needed far more testing before it was released.
  • boing characters who repeat the same lines over and over. I especially liked hearing "capricious products to satisfy all your gluttonous needs" repeated over and over. And "the time is...very late." Amusing the 1st time, annoying as heck after the 100th.
  • horrible graphics. might have worked for a launch 360 game, but terrible by today's standards.
  • terrible menu
  • terrible map

AvIdGaMeR444

But when I was on these forums before being member, about one year ago - many months before Fable II was released - it was supposed to put Crysis to shame in terms of graphics...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#4 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts
If you didn't enjoy and/or didn't like Fable... why would you play Fable 2 -- or is all of this just "hearsay"? :roll:
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AvIdGaMeR444

If you didn't enjoy and/or didn't like Fable... why would you play Fable 2 -- or is all of this just "hearsay"? :roll:Stevo_the_gamer

Because dumb me fell for the hype for Fable 2 just like I fell for the hype for Friday the 13th after seeing the cool preview. Both stunk...I need to change my avatar.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I sense conflict. This will not end well.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I think the graphics are pretty good. But yea Fable 2 barley qualifies as an RPG really.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]If you didn't enjoy and/or didn't like Fable... why would you play Fable 2 -- or is all of this just "hearsay"? :roll:AvIdGaMeR444

Because dumb me fell for the hype for Fable 2 just like I fell for the hype for Friday the 13th after seeing the cool preview. Both stunk...I need to change my avatar.

Why would you buy a game that's part of a franchise you don't even enjoy? Fell for the hype? Yeah, and the Wii is the greatest console ever created known to man. :roll: What's your gamertag, then?
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
Why do so many people consider Fable 2 superior to Fable 1? Neither are great imo.AvIdGaMeR444
Because your opinion =/= other people opinions?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Yeah, I don't consider Fable II and RPG, but if you look at it as an action adventure, it's not to bad. It's the closest thing to Zelda on Xbox, so I think many loved it for that reason alone.

Think of it, a 360 guy is sick of shooting things, then Fable II comes out and reminds them of their days with Zelda...bang, instant love.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Well I have loved Fable 2 and I think it was an excellent game.

joegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joegar
Member since 2007 • 870 Posts

Get Fallout 3 its way better than Fable 2.

PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PS3Fanaddict
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

barely a rpg can't die hardly any augments way too many glitches in the game. needed far more testing before it was released. boing characters who repeat the same lines over and over. I especially liked hearing "capricious products to satisfy all your gluttonous needs" repeated over and over. And "the time is...very late." Amusing the 1st time, annoying as heck after the 100th. boring quests. helping characters out I could care less about. horrible graphics. might have worked for a launch 360 game, but terrible by today's standards. terrible menu long load times and small areas between each load time terrible map way too easy to make money

i completely agree, it is horrible in my opinion...on top of that, there were plenty of promises made about that game that were VERY overexadurated
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AvIdGaMeR444

Get Fallout 3 its way better than Fable 2.

joegar

I have Fallout 3. And yes, it is 1000 times better than Fable 2. It also can handle wide open areas with far less loading, has better graphics, and much more actually role-playing in it. Ranged weapsons and the way you use them in Fable 2 are an absolute joke compared to VATS in Fallout 3.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
but teh GRASS!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

If you didn't enjoy and/or didn't like Fable... why would you play Fable 2 -- or is all of this just "hearsay"? :roll:Stevo_the_gamer
Exactly. I never could get into Fable so I didn't bother with Fable 2.

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

I agree, Fable 2 blows. I like the first back in the day but the sequel was one big "Meh" to me.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
fable 2 is good definitely funny, but over hyped.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50668 Posts

[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

• barely a rpg
  • can't die
  • hardly any augments
  • terrible menu
  • terrible map

TheAnnihilation

But when I was on these forums before being member, about one year ago - many months before Fable II was released - it was supposed to put Crysis to shame in terms of graphics...

Don't listen to Saolin
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
but teh GRASS!n00bkid
You mean teh leaves! 120,000!!!! :o
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I agree. Fable 2 has one of the worst final boss battles in history of gaming. It's story is abysmal as well. I did find it's combat fun, but the developers decision to never have you able to die in the game makes it feel easy and cheap. The world also felt quite small to be honest. The first Fable destroys it in comparison.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
bad graphics? lol. Keep trying.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

You can blacksmith over and over and over and get infinite money though! :) Isn't that the most exciting part?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="n00bkid"]but teh GRASS!AAllxxjjnn
You mean teh leaves! 120,000!!!! :o

:lol: that Microsoft rep saolin sure left an impression here.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Where is that Obemian guy(I spelt his name wrong)? He should be arriving to this thread any minute now.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Cool. Thanks for your opinion. I was dying to know what you thought about it. I disagree. Then again, I just expect a good ol' fun game. Some expect too much from their games anymore. They expect every game to be the be all, end all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
Where is that Obemian guy(I spelt his name wrong)? He should be arriving to this thread any minute now. jfcundiff
He will show i know he will, with copy/paste images as far as the page can stretch and invalid arguments like if a game is not an RPG it cant be good due to small levels and coridoors.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts

I'm gonna get this game no matter how many negative threads about it I read.

wackapacka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wackapacka
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

It's all about the leaves! Well, at least for Obamanian.

The game is easy as *****, filled 20 second loadings screens that takes over the screen every 30 seconds.

The game also felt way too small.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts

It's all about the leaves! Well, at least for Obamanian.

The game is easy as *****, filled 20 second loadings screens that takes over the screen every 30 seconds.

The game also felt way too small.

wackapacka
Wait, isn't the loading improved if you install the game?
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Fable 2 is great. I played around with the side activities more so than I did for Fable, so it lasted longer. And the graphics are sooo beautiful. Technically more impressive than Fable, but I really love the art style. For my second play through, I'm gonna play as the girl and be evil this time.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Yeah, it would be terrible if you were expected a deep complex RPG. I played and liked Fable as a nice, moderately paced action game with cool looking spell effects to spice things up, so that's what I expected from Fable 2, and I was satisfied.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

I really liked the the first Fable. I bought the Lost Chapters when it went into the bargain bin on PC and I thought it was worth every penny. But I didn't really care much for Fable II, I think Peter Molyneux needs to lower expectations drastically instead of raising them.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

There were so many awesome parts like the spire, etc. The graphics did suck, and sucked so hard that I don't know how anyone could say that game looked good. Graphically it looked worse than kameo.... but the ending. OMG at the ending. I felt like reviewers stopped playing it during the spire. The ending was so bad that THE FINAL boss is a rock.That said I did like the game, but it shouldn't have gotten the gamerankings score it got. Switch kameo with fable 2 and everythign should be all right.

Anyway, Fable 1 >>>> Fable 2 by alto. I found that fable was way more revoloutionary, graphically appealing, etc than fable 2 was...

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#36 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Cool. Thanks for your opinion. I was dying to know what you thought about it. I disagree. Then again, I just expect a good ol' fun game. Some expect too much from their games anymore. They expect every game to be the be all, end all.

BioShockOwnz

Agreed.

The game was fun. It wasn't deep, complicated, difficult, but I enjoyed myself with it a lot. Best game ever? No. Best WRPG ever? No. But I wasn't anticipating it to be either of those.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

There were so many awesome parts like the spire, etc. The graphics did suck, and sucked so hard that I don't know how anyone could say that game looked good. Graphically it looked worse than kameo.... but the ending. OMG at the ending. I felt like reviewers stopped playing it during the spire. The ending was so bad that THE FINAL boss is a rock.That said I did like the game, but it shouldn't have gotten the gamerankings score it got. Switch kameo with fable 2 and everythign should be all right.

Anyway, Fable 1 >>>> Fable 2 by alto. I found that fable was way more revoloutionary, graphically appealing, etc than fable 2 was...

nhh18

I don't see how anyone could think the graphics are bad. The only thing I can think of is if you were judging by realism. It doesn't go for a realistic look. It has an artistic style which is really beautiful. Besides that, it's very detailed as far as textures and objects go, excellent anti-aliasing,it has nice weather effects, spell effects, etc. and runs at a steady frame rate. Plus I found it to be a much better game than Kameo. I have to agree with reviewers on this. If anything, they were a bit generous with Kameo. Perhaps because it was a launch game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

• barely a rpg

NinjaOmega8900

:roll:...Yeah okay that's were i stopped reading,Should we disqualify Folklore on the PS3 as an RPG also?,When i played It barely felt as if it was an RPG:|

cept Folklore has nothing to do with this thread.
RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

I agree. Worst $60I ever spent.

99% of the time I always finish a game that I started. Mainly because I rarely play bad ones but there area few I don't do my research on, I guess Fable 2 was one of them even though I did.

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
While Fable II doesn't really stick to what most of us would consider "RPG Material", it definitely doesn't make the game bad. It isn't perfect, but it is great, and about half of your reasons for why it sucks are hardly even valid
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

99% of the time I always finish a game that I started. Mainly because I rarely play bad ones but there area few I don't do my research on, I guess Fable 2 was one of them even though I did.

RobNBankz
Your gamer card doesn't even show that you've played it...
Avatar image for norfliver_basic
norfliver_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 norfliver_basic
Member since 2002 • 2069 Posts

• barely a rpg
  • can't die
  • hardly any augments
  • terrible menu
  • terrible map

AvIdGaMeR444

I prefer The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess over Fable 2 in the genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
It's ok. It's a fun game. The combat is simple yet satisfactoy, and the spells are well implemented. The graphics are awesome and so is the music. But: Most side quests are terrible. The main quests are not that much better. Main plot is "meh" at best. Tries too hard to be funny (almost never being) Sadly, this is one of those games whose potential surpass the achieved.
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
[QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

Stevo_the_gamer

owned
Gordon_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gordon_Walker
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
AvidGamer is displeased with yet another facet of modern video games! Shocker. You purposely look for displeasure in gaming that apposes the contrary - Enough of your hyperbole, pessimist views.
EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

tancred8120

owned

Ownage approved.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

[QUOTE="tancred8120"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Your gamer card doesn't even show that you've played it...EZs

owned

Ownage approved.

Ownage disapproved. You don't need to log in to your Xbox Live profile to play a 360 game. You can use local profiles, use no profile, or play on someone else's 360.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Fable 2 is the biggest disappointment of all time And those animations are just ugly. Why does it seem like MS games have so little polish?
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

[QUOTE="EZs"]

ownedtancred8120

Ownage approved.

Ownage disapproved. You don't need to log in to your Xbox Live profile to play a 360 game. You can use local profiles, use no profile, or play on someone else's 360.

why would he have a gamercard that has been used on LIVE for other games and suddenly decide to play offline for this?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
X Play? Since when did they have any credibility anyway?