Exclusive PS4 DLC within Destiny DLC, lol

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony taught Bungie that Sony fans loves waiting so they weren't in a hurry with that DLC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Sony taught Bungie that Sony fans loves waiting so they weren't in a hurry with that DLC.

Clearly.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

As an added bonus for PlayStation platforms, the Destiny Expansion pass will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II that will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/07/first-look-destiny-collectors-editions/#sf3597571

I remember a Bungie team that was, above all else, devoted to their fans. I guess that changed after Step 6 in your Plan for World Domination, huh Bungie? Here I have been sitting and thinking that "bloody cue" was just a Bungie term (like a lot of the playfully stupid things that Bungie does constantly -- how they are a studio that will beat around the bush consistently and often) but no....this is the new Bungie business model, to support a platform because you have to to make back the $500 million your new Destiny franchise cost to make.

Bungie said they support the Xbox and love all their fans and assures(!) us that they will treat us all equally! Is that so Bungie? What does exclusive, at least one year access to the Comet expansion mean to you? Is that "We love you" "We love you" "We love you" to you?

Is this really about Microsoft exploiting your baby for all it's worth? Is Halo something you loved so much but realized that you couldn't be held down by one franchise no matter what?

You are still my favorite developer Bungie, ever since the first time I picked up Halo in 2001. I am just disappointed by the apparent favoritism and what I take as lies coming from a studio who has always been totally devoted, first and foremost, to it's fans.

____

My post on Bungie.net. Just thought I'd put it here as well.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R3FURBISHED

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Way to take it personally bro.

It's just business. No different from the CoD, GTA4 and other games timed exclusive deals. In fact this content, as far as I understand, won't be perpetually exclusive, it's just timed.

This isn't the month or two exclusive-DLC of Call of Duty -- this is "at least" one year exclusive.

Especially for how Destiny is slated to come out with a new Destiny every two years and the Comet expansion every other year, we are talking about getting the DLC when the next game launches....what is the point of the DLC then if you release it when you release the next game!?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

As an added bonus for PlayStation platforms, the Destiny Expansion pass will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II that will remain exclusive until at least Fall of 2015.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/07/first-look-destiny-collectors-editions/#sf3597571

I remember a Bungie team that was, above all else, devoted to their fans. I guess that changed after Step 6 in your Plan for World Domination, huh Bungie? Here I have been sitting and thinking that "bloody cue" was just a Bungie term (like a lot of the playfully stupid things that Bungie does constantly -- how they are a studio that will beat around the bush consistently and often) but no....this is the new Bungie business model, to support a platform because you have to to make back the $500 million your new Destiny franchise cost to make.

Bungie said they support the Xbox and love all their fans and assures(!) us that they will treat us all equally! Is that so Bungie? What does exclusive, at least one year access to the Comet expansion mean to you? Is that "We love you" "We love you" "We love you" to you?

Is this really about Microsoft exploiting your baby for all it's worth? Is Halo something you loved so much but realized that you couldn't be held down by one franchise no matter what?

You are still my favorite developer Bungie, ever since the first time I picked up Halo in 2001. I am just disappointed by the apparent favoritism and what I take as lies coming from a studio who has always been totally devoted, first and foremost, to it's fans.

____

The exquisite vision of a heartbroken Xbox fanboy typing that post with tears running down his face will definitely give me a smile for days to come.

Feel free not to buy Destiny; you and your whining brethren will absolutely not be missed. And don't worry, while the rest of us are enjoying Bungie's latest opus, you can give $60 to Microsoft to, uh, replay their old games in whatever resolution they can squeeze out of that box you paid $500 for.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@Dire_Weasel said:

The exquisite vision of a heartbroken Xbox fanboy typing that post with tears running down his face will definitely give me a smile for days to come.

Feel free not to buy Destiny; you and your whining brethren will absolutely not be missed. And don't worry, while the rest of us are enjoying Bungie's latest opus, you can give $60 to Microsoft to, uh, replay their old games in whatever resolution they can squeeze out of that box you paid $500 for.

What? Why would I not buy Destiny? I look forward to playing the beta come July 23 (especially after the time I spent in the alpha)

Bungie, in my eyes, just isn't living up to what they are saying -- they aren't showing us that they value the Xbox player and the PlayStation player equally.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

MS buys a 1 month dlc for CoD that no1 gives a flying crap about. Sony buys a 1 year exclusive dlc in the biggest and most talked/hyped new franchise of the year. Its clear which company is dumb. Why is MS even buying this 1 month cod dlc at this point? Do people really care about this? Do people chose worst performance + 720p while getting some shallow content faster than others over solid 60fps/1080p and bigger online community? I guess some still are in their 360 bubble and think that X1 is anywhere near as good as their old X360 hah.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Blame MS for starting this whole exclusive content nonsense....Sony and Bungie are just playing the game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@Dire_Weasel said:

If it's not completely clear by now, if you're going to buy Destiny, you should buy it on the Playstation 4. Seriously.

@chikenfriedrice said:

Blame MS for starting this whole exclusive content nonsense....Sony and Bungie are just playing the game.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

Run better, look better, have a significantly bigger playerbase, have more content and costs the same. What is the point of getting this on anything else but PS4?

Moo moo mooooo, Moo moo, moo mooo-mooo-mooo!

FYI, stormy, that joke wasn't funny the first one hundred times you used it, and repetition hasn't made it any better.

If someone is just going to spew cow speak, I am going to call them on it.

what sound do you make when you spew moronic bs in every post?

I don't know, because I don't?

I don't get it @Krelian-co, I couldn't care less what someone like you thinks of me. I dismiss you like I would the village idiot. so why respond to my threads - especially in a confrontational manner?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

Run better, look better, have a significantly bigger playerbase, have more content and costs the same. What is the point of getting this on anything else but PS4?

FYI, stormy, that joke wasn't funny the first one hundred times you used it, and repetition hasn't made it any better.

I don't get it @Krelian-co, I couldn't care less what someone like you thinks of me. I dismiss you like I would the village idiot. so why respond to my threads - especially in a confrontational manner?

weird, this thread just showed people think YOU are the village idiot, and of course you don't confront me unless you want me to make you look like a fool yet again.

Also LOL at the first part, at least you have a sense of humor.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Activi$ion for you.

We're talking about the same guys that keep milking CoD to this day.

Shitty game anyway, over-budgeted, and already being over-hyped by the media and the average retarded gamer. When we all know from the previews and alpha is just an average to mediocre attempt of a game.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

butthurt lems everywhere

Sony chose the right new IPs with Watch Dogs and Destiny, both of them are huge system sellers......

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@-Damien- said:

butthurt lems everywhere

Sony chose the right new IPs with Watch Dogs and Destiny, both of them are huge system sellers......

lol watch dogs....

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

____

MS start this trend because they could not compete with first party studio. Now it backfire. TLHBO

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Dire_Weasel

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

What? Why would I not buy Destiny? I look forward to playing the beta come July 23 (especially after the time I spent in the alpha)

Bungie, in my eyes, just isn't living up to what they are saying -- they aren't showing us that they value the Xbox player and the PlayStation player equally.

Ok, then, that's perfectly reasonable.

Honestly, I think the Xbox One version will be quite good, and the exclusive perks that are going to the Playstation 4 version aren't going to amount to much at all, in the long run. That's the honest truth.

I think Destiny will be the game to own in 2014, independent of platform.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

wow shawn, you sound exactly like one of those butthurt trolls that whines on every Bungie update.

• You get the same game.
  • You get the same updates
  • You just have to wait 1 year for a strike mission and a few pieces of armor that aren't even that good.
  • Oh wow the playstation got to test the game for a couple more days.

Please, continue telling us all how THAT isn't fair and Bungie betraying their "loyal" xbox fanbase, yet it's completely ok for Insomniac to actually ditch their PS fanbase by making an Xbox exclusive "for the fans". You also get Titanfall, so don't cry that things aren't fair. It's like being in a 3rd world country and complaining that the food sucks right in front of the starving people.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I hate practices like this in the gaming industry TC to. I can understand how you feel about this, because I would not be that happy either if I had to pay extra money for less things like the dlc for this game which releases a year later for the console you have.It would be even worse if the content that you don't get in the dlc instantly is massive.I rarely buy dlc for games usually. The only dlc I have ever boought is map packs.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

What is the point of being a MULTIPLATFORM game if you're going to still divide up your audience? Might as well go exclusive then.

Certainly is boneheaded thinking for the dev/publisher IMO. You tick off fans on the platforms you under serve instead of engendering loyalty all for a small one time payment.

It makes little more sense for the platform creators, as they spend money better used to create actual games to get small pieces of timed exclusive content that never, Never influence consumers' decisions on which console to buy.

Hard to act shocked or indignant about it anymore though. It's been a pervasive practice for AAA multiplats for at least five years now.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By super600  Moderator

@handssss said:

wow shawn, you sound exactly like one of those butthurt trolls that whines on every Bungie update.

• You get the same game.
  • You just have to wait 1 year for a strike mission and a few pieces of armor that aren't even that good.

Please, continue telling us all how THAT isn't fair and Bungie betraying their "loyal" xbox fanbase, yet it's completely ok for Insomniac to actually ditch their PS fanbase by making an Xbox exclusive "for the fans". You also get Titanfall, so don't cry that things aren't fair. It's like being in a 3rd world country and complaining that the food sucks right in front of the starving people.

He's complaining about paying the same amount for less content since he has to wait a long time to get access to the content which is a good complaint.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I'm not overly concerned about it. At this point in time, Destiny is not a priority game for me. This is just more reason to wait a while to pick it up if and when i do.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

@silversix_ said:

Free online on the PS3.

Shitty performance to go with your free online I'll bet.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@super600 said:

I hate practices like this in the gaming industry TC to. I can understand how you feel about this, because I would not be that happy either if I had to pay extra money for less things like the dlc for this game which releases a year later for the console you have.It would be even worse if the content that you don't get in the dlc instantly is massive.I rarely buy dlc for games usually. The only dlc I have ever boought is map packs.

you can thank Microsoft for inventing this exclusive DLC practice

funny to read lemmings epic meltdown at Bungie forum

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics?page=0&ty=0&s=3&d=1&tg=%23Destiny

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@super600 said:

@handssss said:

• You get the same game.

He's complaining about paying the same amount for less content since he has to wait a long time to get access to the content which is a good complaint.

it IS the same amount of content. PS doesn't get exclusivity for all time. It's merely 1 year. It's not even a new thing either. tons of games do this. exclusive dlc per game or per store pre-order. Nobody gave a shit that there were exclusive Benedict Arnold missions for "1 hour of gameplay" in Assassins Creed 3. Hell, I don't think that ever even went multiplat. The content is small and insignificant. It always is.

It's a shitty business practice, but hardly one that Sony, Bungie, or Activision created.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Way to take it personally bro.

It's just business. No different from the CoD, GTA4 and other games timed exclusive deals. In fact this content, as far as I understand, won't be perpetually exclusive, it's just timed.

This isn't the month or two exclusive-DLC of Call of Duty -- this is "at least" one year exclusive.

Especially for how Destiny is slated to come out with a new Destiny every two years and the Comet expansion every other year, we are talking about getting the DLC when the next game launches....what is the point of the DLC then if you release it when you release the next game!?

MS did the DLC madness off the wall. GTA4 was lovely.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@super600 said:

you can thank Microsoft for inventing this exclusive DLC practice

funny to read lemmings epic meltdown at Bungie forum

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics?page=0&ty=0&s=3&d=1&tg=%23Destiny

So its wrong for microsoft to pull stunts like this,but perfectly acceptable for sony?

and here i thought only lemmings knew how to bend over.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#81 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

Lets see.

Run Better- Makes perfect sense because of the more powerful hardware and Xbone isn't exactly performing well in open world games

Look Better- Again, better hardware,,,,,,,,,,,, just fucking look at multiplats and wake up...

More Content- Read TC

Bigger Playerbase- this is an assumption but one that makes perfect sense. Why? because of all the reasons above+ps4 sold waaaaay more.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cow talk, yeah brah... You just can't accept the truth and i understand. It'll take you a couple of years to get over it and that's fine. It takes time to transform from a delusional lem into a normal person

Nope

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I quite honestly doubt I will even being playing Destiny for a year. I cant remember the last time I felt the need to pick up a game after a year and play through it again.

Halo 2 and Crash bandicoot being exceptions to that rule.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By super600  Moderator

@handssss said:

@super600 said:

@handssss said:

• You get the same game.

it IS the same amount of content. PS doesn't get exclusivity for all time. It's merely 1 year. It's not even a new thing either. tons of games do this. exclusive dlc per game or per store pre-order. Nobody gave a shit that there were exclusive Benedict Arnold missions for "1 hour of gameplay" in Assassins Creed 3. Hell, I don't think that ever even went multiplat. The content is small and insignificant. It always is.

It's a shitty business practice, but hardly one that Sony, Bungie, or Activision created.

Like I said the TC doesn't get access to the content until one year later. which is really unfair for people that have to pay for content that don't get access to immediately which is also a problem with other exclusive dlc like the cod dlc,but at least people get dlc like the cod dlc in a couple of weeks and not 52 weeks later.I hate practices like this.I rarely buy dlc in the first place anyway.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Yeah, just some money getting thrown around. It's a shame, but that's how this industry rolls.

Most of this content ends up being mediocre anyway.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah, just some money getting thrown around. It's a shame, but that's how this industry rolls.

Most of this content ends up being mediocre anyway.

I agree. the game also looks mediocre anyway. just another overhype

its just Halo DLC mix with borderlands 2

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Meh. I hadn't planned on getting any DC for this game anyway and there's no way in hell I'll be playing it still in a year. I'm getting it on the XB1 and I'll enjoy the vanilla experience for a month and move onto something else.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 StormyJoe

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

weird, this thread just showed people think YOU are the village idiot, and of course you don't confront me unless you want me to make you look like a fool yet again.

Also LOL at the first part, at least you have a sense of humor.

You making me look like a fool is like a fur seal scaring away a white shark. But hey, you can go live in your ignorance bubble and be happy.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@lostrib said:

Uh, you do get the content

I do, a year later despite paying the same price as a PS4 owner, hence the complete bullshit. Its laughable to me and I hope no company every does this again. Why in the **** would I pay the same price for expansion packs that contain less content? That's insane. I hope that maybe they lower the price of the Xbox expansion packs to reflect less content, and a years wait for it.

Dont blame Bungie because you go out and buy the wrong console...lol

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 StormyJoe

@silversix_ said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

Lets see.

Run Better- Makes perfect sense because of the more powerful hardware and Xbone isn't exactly performing well in open world games

Look Better- Again, better hardware,,,,,,,,,,,, just fucking look at multiplats and wake up...

More Content- Read TC

Bigger Playerbase- this is an assumption but one that makes perfect sense. Why? because of all the reasons above+ps4 sold waaaaay more.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cow talk, yeah brah... You just can't accept the truth and i understand. It'll take you a couple of years to get over it and that's fine. It takes time to transform from a delusional lem into a normal person

Run Better: Nope.

Look better: WTF? Outside of resolution, all multiplats have looked the same...

More content: Yes, that is the topic of this thread.

Bigger Player base: "Way more," huh? You're what, 12? Anyway... not a valid point at all, It's not like there are 2x the number of PS4 gamers playing COD; Ghosts to XB1 players.

Sidebar: LOL at @Krelian-co - you can never make points of your own, you just have to piggy back on others. That's why I give you zero credibility.,

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dire_Weasel

@StormyJoe said:

Wait ... do you actually believe that? That multiplat games on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One "look the same"?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By StormyJoe

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

Wait ... do you actually believe that? That multiplat games on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One "look the same"?

The difference has been the resolution. Does the resolution make the game look different? Sure. A big difference? To some.

But, outside of the resolution, the games are the same.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Tbh, seems like bungie is bringing alot of dirty tactics over to the PSF.

First other things, then the dude voice acting, and now what?? Someone plz explain to me...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

who cares , MS did this last gen, If you don't want to wait for timed DLC buy the game for the Ps4, problem solved man.

Why do we always argue over Timed DLC that generally turns out to be rubbish most of the time anyway.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

The difference has been the resolution. Does the resolution make the game look different? Sure. A big difference? To some.

it never gets old to see lems make excuses over an actual huge gap on performance when a year ago you and your lem brigade frands declared victory if 360 ran at 3 fps more than ps3 xD

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Buy(s) an xbox one...

complain about getting less than what you paid for...

PICK ONE.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 StormyJoe

@scottpsfan14 said:

@StormyJoe: Lol Joseph, you keep getting things wrong. Silly cernt.

You think this is a joke? A frigment of your imagination? The PS4 IS more powerful wether you like it or not. Stop downplaying it.

WTF are you talking about? When did I ever say the PS4 didn't have a performance edge?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By StormyJoe

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

it never gets old to see lems make excuses over an actual huge gap on performance when a year ago you and your lem brigade frands declared victory if 360 ran at 3 fps more than ps3 xD

Yet again, @Krelian-co demonstrates exactly how big his level of ignorance is. Way to go. Maybe one day, with hard work, you will actually rise out of this state of brain-apathy. We're all pulling for you.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

If this were a single player exclusive id get it on PS4, but I prefer Xbox Live.