Everything you need to know about Kinect 2.0 (and it is scary)

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 rhodes1
Member since 2004 • 1488 Posts

I will never, EVER . . I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT ANYONE SAYS . . Buy a XBOX One as long as Kinect is REQUIRED to use the Sytem. 

I DO NOT TRUST MICROSOFT WITH THIS KIND OF POWER.

http://i.imgur.com/5WXh32l.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
It is a scary thought, but it's far from my biggest problem with the system at the minute. I realize the opportunity is there, but I don't think it will be any more abused than ad-targeting. Either way, hard for them to spy on me when I'll never own the system in the first place.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

ok.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Doesn't matter because nobody is buying one.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
It is worrying, but MS wouldnt waste the time and resources just to alienate customers... Also dont compare this device to 1984. Thats so stupid.
Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

Dat propaganda. It was clearly designed to detect when your belly rumbles so it can order you some pizza.

rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rhodes1
It is worrying, but MS wouldnt waste the time and resources just to alienate customers... Also dont compare this device to 1984. Thats so stupid.wolverine4262
It is more than worrying that a monolithic tech giant has a HD video and audio recorder in a homes private space now that is REQUIRED to use a GAMING SYSTEM.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Will the system be useless if Kinect craps out on you?????

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

It listens even when turned off? That's messed up.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Its not kinect thats scary, its what they could do with it that is.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Not buying one so I don't care!

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

I've read that the Kinect 2.0 could actually be outlawed in Germany because it's always on, always listening.

Invasion of privacy etc.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
MS wants to watch you undress.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 clyde46
MS wants to watch you undress. mems_1224
I like to do that too.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

meh... don't watch or do anything inappropriate while the system is on.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Do not want ever. I wasn't for buying one until dem exclusives, but games or not I'm not buying this console.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Since Kinect(lol) only games will continue to be garbage, that's about the only thing its good for.
rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rhodes1

Joedgabe

NEXT-GEN GAMING - YOU MUST BEHAVE IN FRONT OF CONSOLE.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

rhodes1

what are you doing that you're so ashamed of being caught? sounds like a guilty conscious to me.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Xbox One comprimises the security of your chlidren.

rhodes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rhodes1

[QUOTE="rhodes1"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

mems_1224

what are you doing that you're so ashamed of being caught? sounds like a guilty conscious to me.

"Who cares if Microsoft Spies on you . . . make sure you watch your tongue while at home and youll be fine!" -MEMS1224

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="rhodes1"]

rhodes1

"Who cares if Microsoft Spies on you . . . make sure you watch your tongue while at home and youll be fine!" -MEMS1224

Who cares about your right to privacy? :roll:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224

[QUOTE="rhodes1"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] what are you doing that you're so ashamed of being caught? sounds like a guilty conscious to me. Bigboi500

hope you dont own a smart phone if you love privacy so much or pay bills over the internet.
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

lol.

I'm amazed at how much work people are putting into hating on MS.  It's just funny to read. 

Tin foil hats anyone?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="rhodes1"]

rhodes1

If you have Kinect connected when you play Fifa, if you swear the ref sends your player off.
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

know how patriot act lets govt just drop in on your cell without even needing a legal reason?

just wait till they can have a field day with kinect 2.

God, americans are stupid.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="rhodes1"]

mems_1224

hope you dont own a smart phone if you love privacy so much or pay bills over the internet.

I don't own a smart phone, they're for idiots who like throwing their money away. Paying bills online isn't exactly the same thing as having a corporation watching you 24/7 inside your own home. Shame on you for comparing the two.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
[QUOTE="rhodes1"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] what are you doing that you're so ashamed of being caught? sounds like a guilty conscious to me. clyde46

If you have Kinect connected when you play Fifa, if you swear the ref sends your player off.

Thats actually really awesome. They need to do that for NBA 2k where if you flip out over a bullshit call you get a tech.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
they're for idiots who like throwing their money awayBigboi500
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.

Naked gaming. Sounds fun. [spoiler] Not [/spoiler]
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I dont personally think that MS is gonna try to do some shady crap, but still, I wouldnt get one, because on the off chance that MS did do some really shady stuff with Kinect, who's fault would it be? I knew this thing was spying on me yet i brought it into my home. That's like hiring a guy with a known history of theft and then getting mad when he steals from you. Wtf did you think was gonna happen? So yeah, while im not down with all the suggestions that microsoft has some sinister plan, I just dont agree with the concept so will avoid it. But the Kinect always spying on u issue, is minor compared to all the other glaring issues i have with the console.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.

You love it.
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Jesus do you realise how much legislation and how many laws there are regarding the privacy of personal information. The only way people can gain access to your personal information is if you give them express permission to do so. Much in the way certain applications downloaded from the appstore or android market ask for permission to access certain areas of your mobile phone. The only way they could access your information against your will is if you...as a potentially ignorant consumer granted them access to it unintentionally...eg-not reading the access priveladges/terms and conditions.

The legal ramifications for a company as large as Microsoft ignoring the privacy of information for millions up on millions of users does not bare thinking about, think law suits, huge payouts, fines.

Microsoft want to sell us products, the information they gather is certred around that fact, they can see what movies we watch and what games we play, that is more than enough information they require to sell products aimed at a particular demographic.

A gigantic multinational corparation have little interest in listening to my conversations about what colour to paint the kitchen. When I sit semi-naked playing Skyrim in my underwear...the relevant information is that I am playing Skyrim for X number of hours....not the fact that I am in my underwear.

This Big Brother scaremongering is slightly nieve....

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 II_Seraphim_II

Jesus do you realise how much legislation and how many laws there are regarding the privacy of personal information. The only way people can gain access to your personal information is if you give them express permission to do so. Much in the way certain applications downloaded from the appstore or android market ask for permission to access certain areas of your mobile phone. The only way they could access your information against your will is if you...as a potentially ignorant consumer granted them access to it unintentionally...eg-not reading the access priveladges/terms and conditions.

The legal ramifications for a company as large as Microsoft ignoring the privacy of information for millions up on millions of users does not bare thinking about, think law suits, huge payouts, fines.

Microsoft want to sell us products, the information they gather is certred around that fact, they can see what movies we watch and what games we play, that is more than enough information they require to sell products aimed at a particular demographic.

A gigantic multinational corparation have little interest in listening to my conversations about what colour to paint the kitchen. When I sit semi-naked playing Skyrim in my underwear...the relevant information is that I am playing Skyrim for X number of hours....not the fact that I am in my underwear.

always_explicit
Imagine if you bought the Xbone, and then as you turn it on, there is a TOU that says MS can spy on u as much as it want and sell the information, and if you dont agree, it wont let u use the device. lol. Then you would really be Xboned out of a good chunk of money :P
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mems_1224
[QUOTE="always_explicit"]

II_Seraphim_II
Imagine if you bought the Xbone, and then as you turn it on, there is a TOU that says MS can spy on u as much as it want and sell the information, and if you dont agree, it wont let u use the device. lol. Then you would really be Xboned out of a good chunk of money :P

or you could just return it like a normal person......
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
All I hope no one hacks it again an buys over $200 worth of MS points to buy fifa stuff with my credit card... :( That really screwed me over for a while. Now when I buy something I delete my info afterwards. It's cumbersome but I feel safe this way.
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

always_explicit
MS has already said they would bend over for the govt if it came to easedropping on skype convos............now theres going to be a camera in a bunch of living rooms........not too hard to figure out what is going on here.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AcidThunder
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.

You love it.

I don't live alone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Get your tin foil hats out morons its time to be paranoid about nothing like idiots as usual.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.freedomfreak

1363058886862.gif

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
I don't live alone.AcidThunder
No, I mean, you love the idea of me gaming naked.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="always_explicit"]

mems_1224

or you could just return it like a normal person......

Yes....but some of us live in countries where there arent very good return policies. I know I do.If you buy an item, its 50/50 if the store will let u return it lol.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Thank you lemmings for making m$ think they can do anything and making them rich to do it. You guys really improved gaming for everyone.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clyde46

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.TecmoGirl

1363058886862.gif

Emma Stone!
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Meh. Won't stop me from gaming naked.TecmoGirl

1363058886862.gif

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224
Thank you lemmings for making m$ think they can do anything and making them rich to do it. You guys really improved gaming for everyone.kuraimen
couldn't agree more. MS saved the gaming industry and the X1 seems to continue the MS trend of innovation and pushing the limits of gaming forward. Glad you've finally come to your senses kuraimen
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AcidThunder
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]I don't live alone.freedomfreak

Absolutely [spoiler] not [/spoiler]
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I think lawyer most be salivating as of now,i can already see the sues for invation of privacy all around..

Woman sue MS after seeing his naked picture on facebook...:lol:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]I don't live alone.AcidThunder

Absolutely [spoiler] not [/spoiler]

I prefer those posts without the spoiler tags.