Every American should be pulling for MS and the Xbox 360 to win

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

Every American on this forum should be cheering for MS and the 360 to win this gen and every gen there after. The reason why is simple, Microsoft is an American company. Sony and Nintendo are both based out of Japan. We are in the middle of a world wide recession and if you want your parents to have jobs and pay for your internet you should be rooting for any company that is based out of the USA.

Before you make the arguement that "they are all made in Taiwan or China anyways"you need to understand something about the ecconomy. When a company is headquartered out of the US (or any other country) then the majority of the revenue ends up in this country. Steve Balmer, for example,the current CEO of MS made 1.35 million last year and that's actually a pretty low paid CEO. All the top executives and even the middle managment make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year if not millions. A well paid factory worker in Taiwan will make $5800 dollars a year. That means that 232 people in Taiwan could live off what Steve Balmer makes alone. The majoirty of the money that those MS execs make is then spent in the US and gets circulated to other people in the US.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Japan is going through a recession also, anyways if MS somehow wins it won't drive us out of it.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Firelore29

Japan is going through a recession also, anyways if MS some how wins it won't drive us out of it.

Yandere
It's all about where the money ends up. If it ends up in the US it gets circulated to other businesses/people in the US if it ends up in Japan then it gets circulated to the Japanesse. We need the money here in the US to keep the economy moving here.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Lol we should support an american company that pays the chineese to build their console for probably less than 4 dollars an hour.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Doesn't MS just outsource stuff anyway?

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Just because they are an american company doesn't mean that they provide alot of american jobs. MS outsources alot and Sony has plenty of stores and factories here in the U.S. as well.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Firelore29
why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?stereointegrity
Please read the post again please.
Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts

So who do I root for? I'm neither American or Japanese! :shock:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Sorry I ain't a proud american, this country can go destroy itself for all I care. Japan gets my money.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Japan is going through a recession also, anyways if MS some how wins it won't drive us out of it.

Firelore29
It's all about where the money ends up. If it ends up in the US it gets circulated to other businesses/people in the US if it ends up in Japan then it gets circulated to the Japanesse. We need the money here in the US to keep the economy moving here.

Ya know there was a thread on this last week. Explain to me how does the 360 help the economic crisis here on the home front. I wanna know how it gets circulated to other businesses and how it gets circulated into the american economy and how it helps me.
greatness00008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greatness00008
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Every American on this forum should be cheering for MS and the 360 to win this gen and every gen there after. The reason why is simple, Microsoft is an American company. Sony and Nintendo are both based out of Japan. We are in the middle of a world wide recession and if you want your parents to have jobs and pay for your internet you should be rooting for any company that is based out of the USA.

Before you make the arguement that "they are all made in Taiwan or China anyways"you need to understand something about the ecconomy. When a company is headquartered out of the US (or any other country) then the majority of the revenue ends up in this country. Steve Balmer, for example,the current CEO of MS made 1.35 million last year and that's actually a pretty low paid CEO. All the top executives and even the middle managment make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year if not millions. A well paid factory worker in Taiwan will make $5800 dollars a year. That means that 232 people in Taiwan could live off what Steve Balmer makes alone. The majoirty of the money that those MS execs make is then spent in the US and gets circulated to other people in the US.

Firelore29

Yeah but the key is as you said, its a worldwide recession. We should be rooting for every company to succeed cuz its we're all part of the global economy. Besides, Sony and Nintendo employs a lot of US citizens anyways.

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?stereointegrity
You are the reason why I hate most system warers. READ THE FIRST POST OF EVERY THREAD YOU ENTER. What it comes down to, as small as a difference as it is, you are doing America better buy playin X360. Especially cause our XBL subscriptions go straight to MS
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?shadow8585
You are the reason why I hate most system warers. READ THE FIRST POST OF EVERY THREAD YOU ENTER. What it comes down to, as small as a difference as it is, you are doing America better buy playin X360. Especially cause our XBL subscriptions go straight to MS

And how does MS help the economy by expanding the wallets of MS fatcat CEO's?
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Firelore29

Rob-Belmont
Humm... well I guess your off the hook go for whatever you think is best :)
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Your argument worked in 1912. Now there is what we like to call the "global economy" Easy analogy: "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" or "butterfly effect" ... What effects Japan (or any other country) affects us-we are tied to other countries That is why the downturn that started here is having global ramifications We should be rooting for the success of ALL our trading partners ... For the slow people: we need people in Japan to prosper so that they can afford to buy 360's and they need us to prosper so we can buy PS3's
SuperNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SuperNecro
Member since 2005 • 1423 Posts
So is this the new excuse to buy a 360?
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Firelore29
[QUOTE="shadow8585"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?Animal-Mother

Because they want to say expand their house? They hire on 30 workers who work on their house and they all make a good amount of money doing the work. Or they want to invest the money so they invest in a small side business here in the states. When the money is earned here it stays here and circulates to other people in the country.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts

Shouldn't the argument then be to buy games from American developers to help them? God knows they need it more than a massive corporation like Microsoft...

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Firelore29
Your argument worked in 1912. Now there is what we like to call the "global economy" Easy analogy: "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" or "butterfly effect" ... What effects Japan (or any other country) affects us-we are tied to other countries That is why the downturn that started here is having global ramifications We should be rooting for the success of ALL our trading partners ... For the slow people: we need people in Japan to prosper so that they can afford to buy 360's and they need us to prosper so we can buy PS3'srawsavon
It still works today. Who is going to build that 2 million dollar mansion that some MS executive purchases?
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]why when Microsoft has all there tech support in india and consoles made in china?shadow8585

i did read the OP and i still gave my response...maybe M$ should do the country a favor and give americans the outsourced jobs and that could help america more then buy some console....thats why i dislike misinformed people on these boards....plz take econ in school
The__Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The__Havoc
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

Its a Global Recession not just a US reccession.

freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts

lol, wow this thread was epic fail.

I am from America but don't really consider myself much of an American. More of a human being just like everyone else. Why do we let the invisible lines we call borders let so much hate grow between all of us? who cares if your american and support another country, america isn't the only country in the world that is important. America and its companies wont always be on top, then what i can't wait to hear what my fellow American's think about their country then!

As for gaming Japan gets most of my money, because well they make things better then American companies.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="shadow8585"] You are the reason why I hate most system warers. READ THE FIRST POST OF EVERY THREAD YOU ENTER. What it comes down to, as small as a difference as it is, you are doing America better buy playin X360. Especially cause our XBL subscriptions go straight to MSFirelore29

Because they want to say expand their house? They hire on 30 workers who work on their house and they all make a good amount of money doing the work. Or they want to invest the money so they invest in a small side business here in the states. When the money is earned here it stays here and circulates to other people in the country.

Hahahahah that's the best joke I've heard all day. So I work for a furniture company now. We do a lot of upper class people in mid-town manhattan. I mean people who own stores in trump buildings/ ambassadors/ So on and so fourth. Their not spending a penny now. People don't want to spend money on unnecessary things. Ya people WANT to expand their house. But do they NEED too?
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is an american company.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Your argument worked in 1912. Now there is what we like to call the "global economy" Easy analogy: "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" or "butterfly effect" ... What effects Japan (or any other country) affects us-we are tied to other countries That is why the downturn that started here is having global ramifications We should be rooting for the success of ALL our trading partners ... For the slow people: we need people in Japan to prosper so that they can afford to buy 360's and they need us to prosper so we can buy PS3'sFirelore29
It still works today. Who is going to build that 2 million dollar mansion that some MS executive purchases?

i would give my real answer but stereotyping isnt nice
theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

Sorry, I'm Swedish and all I care about is buying a good product for ME. With that said, I love my 360, PS3 and recently PSP.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Firelore29

The__Havoc
Just because it's a global recession does not mean that one country cannot be doing better than another.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rawsavon
[

But MS depends on WORLDWIDE sales (not just sales in the US) = want other countries to do well so they can buy stuff from MS. Also, money spent on mansion = some goes to US (workers), some goes abroad (supplies) We want success of everyone Politicians that think like YOU are SCREWING US because they are enacting protective tariffs These only force other countries to do the same = hurt our exports = everyone screws everyone
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Because they want to say expand their house? They hire on 30 workers who work on their house and they all make a good amount of money doing the work. Or they want to invest the money so they invest in a small side business here in the states. When the money is earned here it stays here and circulates to other people in the country.Firelore29
Your assuming that this big CEO's will spend most of their money in the states which may or may not be true. These CEO's could just as easily buy a house in Italy for their vacation trips or invest it in other overseas projects. They can also spend their money buying expensive European cars, clothes and other fun stuff that doesnt necessarily help the american economy. People with money aren't nearly as limited to their country as most others are. I mean come on, do you really think that giving the rich more money is gonna help the middle class or lower end income american citzen in this economy?? The economy needs more then the upper .5% investing in the economy.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Firelore29
[QUOTE="Firelore29"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] And how does MS help the economy by expanding the wallets of MS fatcat CEO's?Animal-Mother

Hahahahah that's the best joke I've heard all day. So I work for a furniture company now. We do a lot of upper class people in mid-town manhattan. I mean people who own stores in trump buildings/ ambassadors/ So on and so fourth. Their not spending a penny now. People don't want to spend money on unnecessary things. Ya people WANT to expand their house. But do they NEED too?

That's because consumer confidence is low because people are afraid of the bad ecconomy. They are still earning that money though and eventually when they feel confident about their financial situation they will order that couch from your strore as opposed to buying one from a store in Japan.
Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob-Belmont"]

Firelore29
Humm... well I guess your off the hook go for whatever you think is best :)

Brilliant! You'll be pleased to know I'm not a big fan of JRPG's and buying most of my multiplats on 360!
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="The__Havoc"]

Firelore29
Just because it's a global recession does not mean that one country cannot be doing better than another.

Ya and MS doesn't help by putting customer support in india and building their consoles in china. How does that help people when the unemployment rate is at 9.7 percent.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rawsavon

Once you get older, you'll realize the world isn't so simple. Buying Microsoft products for the sake of buying American while flipping the bird to foreign companies will do nothing to aid the current economic situation, and will ultimately do more harm.

Slashkice
THANK YOU Exactly what I was saying Only in a more succint way
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Firelore29
[QUOTE="Firelore29"] Because they want to say expand their house? They hire on 30 workers who work on their house and they all make a good amount of money doing the work. Or they want to invest the money so they invest in a small side business here in the states. When the money is earned here it stays here and circulates to other people in the country.Javy03
Your assuming that this big CEO's will spend most of their money in the states which may or may not be true. These CEO's could just as easily buy a house in Italy for their vacation trips or invest it in other overseas projects. They can also spend their money buying expensive European cars, clothes and other fun stuff that doesnt necessarily help the american economy. People with money aren't nearly as limited to their country as most others are. I mean come on, do you really think that giving the rich more money is gonna help the middle class or lower end income american citzen in this economy?? The economy needs more then the upper .5% investing in the economy.

It's a proven fact that CEO / Executive or whomever else you are spend the firm majority of the money you make in the country you live in. It's difficult to make the daily commute from a second home in El Salvador. It's called trickle down ecconomics and yes it it does help other people in the local ecconomy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Maybe if american products didn't break down so much we'd support them more ... :P
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

No offense to americans but I'm just as likely to trust my money with the japanese.

Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Firelore29

Once you get older, you'll realize the world isn't so simple. Buying Microsoft products for the sake of buying American while flipping the bird to foreign companies will do nothing to aid the current economic situation, and will ultimately do more harm.

Slashkice
It's wrong for any politican to come out and say that sure. That would kill international relations and hurt foreign trade. However, I'm not a polician and I can almost guarantee you I'm older then you are plus I have a Bachelors Degree in Economy.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Firelore29
Maybe if american products didn't break down so much we'd support them more ... :Pblue_hazy_basic
:)
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
This topic is mind boggingly stupid. This is a giant joke right?
ThaDenominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ThaDenominator
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

Firelore29

This is such an uneducated post. The "232 people" being paid $2 in hour in Asia don't spend their money in the US anyways so the US gets no benefits from them. Steve Balmer only needs what one person needs, he can only eat a certain amount of food, use a certain amount of computers, etc., etc. However, if those jobs were in the US then there would be 232 US workers buying food and buying other products so that will stimulate the economy. There is absolutely no reason to support MS in the video game industry until they bring jobs back home.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Firelore29

It's wrong for any politican to come out and say that sure. That would kill international relations and hurt foreign trade. However, I'm not a polician and I can almost guarantee you I'm older then you are plus I have a Bachelors Degree in Economy.

You have a bachelors in economy? Thats why MS is going to help us out of the recession right? Thats why they have factories and office's in china and india not giving jobs to the almost 3 million people who are in need of them. Those people across the sea arn't spending their money here. And they certainly arn't being paid a lot either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I guess we should be buying American cars, also, eh? lulz
angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 angel_14
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts
Plus if the Xbox 360 was made in the US it would cost a lot more than what you paid for it.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rawsavon

Do you mean that have a degree in ECONOMICS

I am going to call BS on that one

You were citing wiki earlier, not any famous economists or theories

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="Firelore29"] Because they want to say expand their house? They hire on 30 workers who work on their house and they all make a good amount of money doing the work. Or they want to invest the money so they invest in a small side business here in the states. When the money is earned here it stays here and circulates to other people in the country.Firelore29

It's a proven fact that CEO / Executive or whomever else you are spend the firm majority of the money you make in the country you live in. It's difficult to make the daily commute from a second home in El Salvador. It's called trickle down ecconomics and yes it it does help other people in the local ecconomy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics

Proven fact?

Did you even read the Wikipedia article you posted? Trickle down economics has been criticised for decades. Even now, it's political suicide to base your policy on trickle down economics. Even Republicans, the biggest proponents of tax breaks for the rich and businesses, doesn't want to be labelled with the term.

I'm still reeling from the fact you actually believe Microsoft = good for America, Sony = good for Japan. You do realize Sony is a huge transnational company with several subsidiaries headquartered within the United States; Sony Pictures in California and Sony Music in New York.

I'm having immense difficulty believing you had a Bachelor's degree in economics.

angel_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angel_14
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Plus if the Xbox 360 was made in the US it would cost a hell of a lot more than it does now.

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Pred-Alien-
Member since 2009 • 1733 Posts
USA, USA, USA! No seriously:|
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Firelore29

Let me know where you went so I don't ever make the mistake of recommending anyone to go there.

Great job spelling politician wrong twice in one post by the way, bachelor(-s?!) degree in economy(-ics?!)

Edit: fixed grammar.