Eurogamer: Microsoft kills games ownership and expects us to smile

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-07-microsoft-kills-game-ownership-and-expects-us-to-smile Very well written article
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

"Very well written article"

LOL no, I read it earlier. Guy should get a job at Fox news

SmileyTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SmileyTown
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

RR360DD

What a loser lol 

ps ur sig sucks n i mean sucks

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

You mean like Steam?Soviet666

135 beardmad herms downvoted this comment.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

SmileyTown

What a loser lol 

ps ur sig sucks n i mean sucks

:lol: :cry: :lol:

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

RR360DD
it wouldnt get over 270 comments as of now, if it wasnt
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="Soviet666"]You mean like Steam?call_of_duty_10

Nah, I agree completely, and don't care. Hermits look at this situation and think "So what? its been like this for us for 15+ years .... nobody gives a f*ck but cheap kids that cant trade games in."
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Good old Europe.

Fighting MS's tyranny

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

M$ has never allowed people to own multiplayer games. They have taken it a step further this time after seeing how dumb lems are.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

[QUOTE="Soviet666"]You mean like Steam?MBirdy88

Nah, I agree completely, and don't care. Hermits look at this situation and think "So what? its been like this for us for 15+ years .... nobody gives a f*ck but cheap kids that cant trade games in."

Well,you agree,but 135 buttbeardmad pc gamers don't.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

-Damien-

510 comments ;)

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

A well written article. Thanks for posting.

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
What a whiny article.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Lol, the net rage and nerd-anger going around over MS and their polices is epic. But they are standing side by side with the publishers in having arranged this. Having reread their statement6 yesterday 3 times I am still failing to be angry or shocked, and laughing at the sheer stupidity of a ton of the internet forum posts, while wishing the more intelligent ones did their research better on certain topics. The times they are changing, and to blame MS for this fully is laughable, but I guess someone needs to be the villan.

Just wait till Monday night when the vast majority of Sony's third party support all institute DRM on their disks, placing Sony in a pretty similar boat to MS. Its not a wish of mine, its a fact.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

The problem with M$ plans is you get nothing in return, its a straight up completely 100% disadvantages the customer. If the at least gave some amazing benefits we could be like "ok that sucks but OMG THIS THING I WILL GET IN RETURN SOOOO MAKES IT WORTH IT" But get ready for all those nickle and dime DLC plans as well as a Hike of $10 for new games along with this.And the implications for the wider entertainment industry are staggering if M$ pulls this off get ready for music, movies , digital books implementing similar procedures.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

lol at the whiney comments.  This is what many people here, including myself, have been hesitent about supporting Microsoft.  They're trying to do to games what Apple did to music.  I simply can't believe people failed to see this for so long.  If you are a fan of games, you should lobby against this.  Speak with your wallets.  Do I want Halo 5 and Killer Instinct and Battletoads?  Absolutely, but not at the extent to what MS is pushing.  That article really simplified things--very well said.  I'll still wait until the thing is on sale, as some part of me simply things there will be too much negativity around the console up until release to go forward with it, but it surely isn't looking good.

Sony and Nintendo.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag

Lol, the net rage and nerd-anger going around over MS and their polices is epic. But they are standing side by side with the publishers in having arranged this. Having reread their statement6 yesterday 3 times I am still failing to be angry or shocked, and laughing at the sheer stupidity of a ton of the internet forum posts, while wishing the more intelligent ones did their research better on certain topics. The times they are changing, and to blame MS for this fully is laughable, but I guess someone needs to be the villan.

Just wait till Monday night when the vast majority of Sony's third party support all institute DRM on their disks, placing Sony in a pretty similar boat to MS. Its not a wish of mine, its a fact.

shawn30

No it doesn't place them in the same situation because Sony themselves are not doing it. M$ is making it mandatory. You can play next-gen Sony first and second party games without online or DRM. Can't do that with the next Halo.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

-Damien-

it is he just wants people to discredit and/or ignore anything calling on ms bs.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shawn30

lol at the whiney comments.  This is what many people here, including myself, have been hesitent about supporting Microsoft.  They're trying to do to games what Apple did to music.  I simply can't believe people failed to see this for so long.  If you are a fan of games, you should lobby against this.  Speak with your wallets.  Do I want Halo 5 and Killer Instinct and Battletoads?  Absolutely, but not at the extent to what MS is pushing.  That article really simplified things--very well said.  I'll still wait until the thing is on sale, as some part of me simply things there will be too much negativity around the console up until release to go forward with it, but it surely isn't looking good.

Sony and Nintendo.

Heirren
Is MS were the bad guy here all alone, I might agree. But it is the gave developers/publishers who are behind this fully, so the industry is changing and I have to decide how I feel about that. But I have my own opinion on most of this and saw it coming as well. If the Xbox One is a good price and E3 kllls me with games Im still buying it. Internet fury fades in time as all is revealed about all the players here, giving gamers more than one POV. Buy whatever you like in the end, but don't be naive that there's one villan here and a hero. Its an industry decision made by ALL of those in it. And its not the end of the world to me.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krelian-co

What a whiny article. ShoulderOfOrion

yeah fuk consumer rights or buying what we pay for.

ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShoulderOfOrion

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]What a whiny article. Krelian-co

so don't buy the freaking console don't write walls of text crying about it
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shawn30

[QUOTE="shawn30"]

NathanDrakeSwag

No it doesn't place them in the same situation because Sony themselves are not doing it. M$ is making it mandatory. You can play next-gen Sony first and second party games without online or DRM. Can't do that with the next Halo.

I know,. Its a once a day check in. Big freaking deal. Sorry, but that is the least of my worries in this connected age. MS has their policy, but are leaving things up to the publishers as well. And what they do on one system they will do on the other. Don't live in Never Never land thinking they wont.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]What a whiny article. ShoulderOfOrion

lol :lol:. I wish you had the same attitude when people wrote articles talking about what a blunder the PS3 was in its early years lol
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]What a whiny article. ShoulderOfOrion

why don't you buy the console and stop crying about media writing articles about it?

ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShoulderOfOrion

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

why don't you buy the console and stop crying about media writing articles about it?

Why don't you find another hobby and stop crying about my constructive criticism?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Sony and Nintendo.

shawn30

Is MS were the bad guy here all alone, I might agree. But it is the gave developers/publishers who are behind this fully, so the industry is changing and I have to decide how I feel about that. But I have my own opinion on most of this and saw it coming as well. If the Xbox One is a good price and E3 kllls me with games Im still buying it. Internet fury fades in time as all is revealed about all the players here, giving gamers more than one POV. Buy whatever you like in the end, but don't be naive that there's one villan here and a hero. Its an industry decision made by ALL of those in it. And its not the end of the world to me.

While I don't use things like Twitter and Facebook and Youtube, I'd say the internet rage/reactions are more relevent now than ever.  I think things will get sooo bad that MS might change this. 

What really started killing the xbox was the change in the console directors.  The original xbox was a brilliant model.  Even though it paled in comparison to the ps2 sales wise, people really saw it as a legit contendor and that it offered things Sony did not.  360 sales are proof of this.  I bought a 360 based solely on how MS treated the original.  I'm actually baffled at what they are doing.  Xbox One could quite possibly be the next Virtual Boy.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

Last time i check on term of agreement you dont have a game you only have right to use a game ,that's why game account like steam,origin or battle net cannot be trade or resell

i totally agree with totalhalibut said about used games 

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] so don't buy the freaking console don't write walls of text crying about itShoulderOfOrion

Why don't you find another hobby and stop crying about my constructive criticism?

whiny article, an article informing people about the drm of x1

Constructive criticism 4 sure.

ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShoulderOfOrion

Krelian-co

That's the worst way of "informing" someone - forcing your own opinion on them instead of just presenting facts. If this guy was remotely professional he would have waited until E3 at least.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] Why don't you find another hobby and stop crying about my constructive criticism? ShoulderOfOrion

That's the worst way of "informing" someone - forcing your own opinion on them instead of just presenting facts. If this guy was remotely professional he would have waited until E3 at least.

no, you want media to stay silent and give ms a free pass cause you are fanboy, thats different. You want everyone to be hush hush about their bs consumer practices.

ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShoulderOfOrion

Krelian-co

no, you want media to stay silent and give ms a free pass cause you are fanboy, thats different. You want everyone to be hush hush about their bs consumer practices.

Not really, the media can present negative FACTS all they like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

logical

Angry Joe

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

-Damien-

.....lolololol.... Will I do agree with the article your logic is stupid Ive seen mant articles and youtube videos that were shit and garnered millions of hits. Comment quantity doesn't equal a well written article.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shawn30

Krelian-co

Im glad fans aren't staying silent, and Im glad MS has clearly stated where they stand. Now no one is confused about how the Xbox One will work. Buy it or not, you know where you stand and that better than waiting for the next big interview, ect. If you think the PS4 will be all that different, or you suddenly want a Wii-U, or to game PC its your choice. I reread MS polices 3 times and thought about them, called a couple of gaming pals.They were like whatever, lol. Unless you follow internet forums daily you are barely aware of the rage, lol. But when most regular people are shown the policies and explained, they still say how much does it cost and where are the games. I don't get a cent if Xbox One sells through the roof or flops. But I do want one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

from all i've read about xbox one, I think the only people who have a problem with it are kids who have to ask mummy and daddy to buy their games, and people with naff jobs who can't afford to buy their games new. if you have an xbox live connection already and buy your games new (like me) WTF is your problem?sts106mat

It is called market direction/consumer rights.  I'd say it is the adults that still game that find this appalling.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag

from all i've read about xbox one, I think the only people who have a problem with it are kids who have to ask mummy and daddy to buy their games, and people with naff jobs who can't afford to buy their games new. if you have an xbox live connection already and buy your games new (like me) WTF is your problem?sts106mat

People rent games, borrow games, sell games through places like ebay, experience internet outages etc.

None of those things effect you? Cool. Not everyone is sts106mat.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] Why don't you find another hobby and stop crying about my constructive criticism? ShoulderOfOrion

Yean... sorry but no I have heard enough "just wait" from you and a few others on SW and a few people in real life there is no amount of stuff that Microsoft can show at e3 that will repair they're image in my eyes. Short of Bill Gates anouncing that he is taking the reigns from balmer and all the online require no used game stuff was a joke there is no way Im purchasing an Xbox one and I now actively refuse to purchase anything on the 360 so my money doesnt fund the failed entertainment division at Microsoft.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]from all i've read about xbox one, I think the only people who have a problem with it are kids who have to ask mummy and daddy to buy their games, and people with naff jobs who can't afford to buy their games new. if you have an xbox live connection already and buy your games new (like me) WTF is your problem?Heirren

It is called market direction/consumer rights.  I'd say it is the adults that still game that find this appalling.

The length some of these shills are going to defend M$ is pathetic.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Privacy concerns, lack of ownership, system failure when internet is down, focus on kinect.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]from all i've read about xbox one, I think the only people who have a problem with it are kids who have to ask mummy and daddy to buy their games, and people with naff jobs who can't afford to buy their games new. if you have an xbox live connection already and buy your games new (like me) WTF is your problem?NathanDrakeSwag

I'd say it is more childish, or the inability to comprehend what the possible outcome of supporting something like this can have.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

let MS be stupid ... who care's .... sony will win ....

RR360DD

absouloutely noot ........

TLOU ... 96 metacritic wt 28 perfect score to date

GT5 is the best selling ps3 game

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

sts106mat

really? please explain how things would change for me?

For you maybe nothing would change. For millions of other people alot would change. You realize how many people rent, borrow, sell and buy used games? Without secondhand games the industry will die.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RR360DD

let MS be stupid ... who care's .... sony will win ....

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] hippiesanta

absouloutely noot ........

TLOU ... 96 metacritic wt 28 perfect score to date

GT5 is the best selling ps3 game

:lol: :cry: :lol:

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I sincerely hope you are just playing up to some pantomime role, because if not, then WOW!Â