Enhancing Our Democracy - System Wars Senate [SW Rules Remain Unchanged]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Please read the OP thoroughly before voting :). This isn't "law", and anarchy will still remain!

Trying to turn this:
Lawmaker Fight

Into this:
Tea Time Ladies

(Or the other way around!)

----------

~ Preface ~

----------

So while I was banned I lurked and witnessed the "Episodes From Liberty City Debacle". It was an elongated and strenuous discussion not untouched with controversy. Midst the heat of the debate, I noticed our King, SolidTy, proposed the initiation of a committee that could oversee and vote on such matters once all competing interests provided evidence and/ or sound arguments. After a few mentions here and there, I've decided to take action and propose The System Wars Senate (SWS aka "Swiss" :P). This is also an idea that our beloved agentfred, Editor-of-the-Spreadsheet, would like to see implemented (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

----------

~ What is it & what does it do? ~

----------

1.)The System Wars Senate can be a body of 11 elected members that frequent (and hold interest in) the GameSpot board of 'System Wars'. If the majority of posters think we need more or less, so be it :).

2.) The SWS will have access to the System Wars Spreadsheet, but individual members can only edit it once they confer with the others.

3.) In times of controversy, the SWS will take into consideration, the evidence at hand and greatest arguments for the cases of "Game X", and vote together whether said title will be considered an "exclusive" or not. Outcomes will be made public and the Spreadsheet will be updated accordingly.

4.) The SWS can track the hype of high profile games and games on the Spreadsheet can be listed with official brands of FLOP(Ex: Lair [FLOP]) if they were to fail at reaching recorded hype. There can also be a retroactive update using the best of our knowledge.

5.) Mostly, the SWS can comb through the archives of GameSpot every so often and update the Spreadsheet if necessary. Believe it or not, there are a number of titles not listed on the Spreadsheet that belong there! Something my crack team of investigators have noticed (my dog; just kidding TREAL_Since).

6.) The SWS can update the Spreadsheet with NDS and PSP games as well! Why alienate our friends who game on handhelds? They're gamers too :evil:!

----------

~ So who's in it? ~

----------

That, my fellow System Warriors is left up to you! Here's the voting process:

1.) Choose the top 11 users you feel retains the ability to hold the position. Please feel free to nominate anyone you want, but try to stray away citing members who've been active less than a year. If you can, put a short description of each poster.

2.) Once voting ends, we'll select the top 22 nominees overall as candidates. Out of these 22, we vote for the top 11 who we think are best suited for the job. Those 11 posters will be granted the privilege to serve you :).

3.) If you don't want to be nominated please say so! It's up to the voter to know if users are running or not (edit when needed)! And try to spell the users' names correctly! I opt to vote for some great posters with level headed arguments. Some may own only one system, others all of them.

Here are my 11 nominations:

NOTE: You MUST vote for agentfred :D (the only hint of dictatorship :P). No ifs, ands, or buts! I'd also nominate the Spreadsheet creator, NerdMan, but he hasn't been active since late 2008! If you want in NerdMan, all you need to do is say so.

• agentfred - The editor of the Spreadsheet. Not sure about his owned systems. Forgive me.
  • SolidTy - Teh King. 'Nuff said.
  • Wasdie - PC gamer mostly and GUFU leader. To my knowledge owns a PS3 and 360 as well.
  • Couth_ - Manticore shmanticore.
  • jg4xchamp - Manticore and womanizer.
  • II_Seraphim_II - Only owns a PS3 to my knowledge. No hints of fanboyism, but he does prefer Sony's games and system.
  • lawlessx - A self-proclaimed Lemming. No hints of fanboyism, but he does prefer MS's games and system.
  • ActicEdge - A self-proclaimed Sheep. No hints of fanboyism, but he does prefer Ninty's games and system.
  • TREAL_Since - My brotha from the same motha. Manticore to the fullest and helped me with these ideas!
  • Malta_1980 - Super duper cool guy. Owns all systems and even plays on handhelds.
  • Kevin-V - The head honcho of GS staff. Likes to mingle with us from time to time and has great views.

Get to expressing your rights people!

-

Posters who don't want to be nominated:

- IronBass -
- SpinoRaptor24 -

----------

~ PLEASE READ ~

----------

- Determining "flops" will remain the same. They will just be updated onto the Spreadsheet.

- Determining "exclusives" will remain the same - by utilizing factual evidence and reasonable arguments by SW posters.

- System Wars will continue as it always has! Discussion will not die. It never does. There will just be more people to help out Agent Fred with the spreadsheet. There can be upgrades for FLOPS, HANDHELDS, and ARCADE GAMES.

- The Spreadsheet is NOT law. Never was, never will be. This is not an attempt to make it one.

- I proposed to name it System Wars Senate because it flows well. It's not necessarily final.

- The 11 posters that get elected must befriend (track) each other, if you're not already doing so.

-We could also have elections once a month, every 6 months, or year.

- A Union could be created to better communicate once deliberated.

-There is always going to be an element of ANARCHY, so we could certainly keep that as well. But at least the power would be in the communities hands, rather than those we never see, those behind the scenes (Factions). You know?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

hmmm...its not a democracy when one person nominates every one...including him self. the party system should be paramount...I.E a group decides who is nominated then the people vote for the people in those positions...

a voting system as you have put forth is quite flawed...just voting for people like this makes it so popular people get voted for, not smart people, not the best people for the job, but popular people...its all so far to easy for said peopel just to get their friends to vote for them....

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

this is utterly pointless. how about to decide whether a game is exclusive or not we consult a dictionary? instead of members of this board who again and again prove themselves to be completely inept at using the proper deffinition of any word.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Seems like an attempt to remove some of the soul of this place... Chaos makes system wars fun to visit and there are plenty of boards around for more civil rounded conversation...
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

While I am not for the idea, I must win a seat in this so called "Senate"

I nominate myself.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Chaos makes system wars fun to visit and there are plenty of boards around for more civil rounded conversation... alextherussian

I agree. SW has managed without this kind of thing up until now, and it would continue managing without it.

If I wanted peace, I'd go to GGD.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="alextherussian"]Seems like an attempt to remove some of the soul of this place... Chaos makes system wars fun to visit and there are plenty of boards around for more civil rounded conversation...

On the contrary...this place needs structure to stay healthy. Chaos only invites trolls.
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 heysharpshooter

[QUOTE="alextherussian"]Chaos makes system wars fun to visit and there are plenty of boards around for more civil rounded conversation... BZSIN

I agree. SW has managed without this kind of thing up until now, and it would continue managing without it.

If I wanted peace, I'd go to GGD.

More like a coma inducing nothingness than peace... too many 11-15 post threads.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
If I wanted peace, I'd go to GGD.BZSIN
Yeah, it's so peaceful there you can hear a pin drop.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Episode_Eve

hmmm...its not a democracy when one person nominates every one...including him self. the party system should be paramount...I.E a group decides who is nominated then the people vote for the people in those positions...

a voting system as you have put forth is quite flawed...just voting for people like this makes it so popular people get voted for, not smart people, not the best people for the job, but popular people...its all so far to easy for said peopel just to get their friends to vote for them....

WilliamRLBaker
1.) You're right about the potential popularity contest. But I fully believe that the posters I nominated are fully capable of the job :). Also, I don't think that easy to gather fanboys as "parties" and have them put forth a candidate. Some users may not be honest about their affiliation and this is more straight forward. This is democracy, SW sty|e lol. 2.) I'm not the only person who gets to vote, everyone does! If you want, you could and should. Even for yourself. Don't candidates get to vote for themselves? 3.) These are of course my propositions which I believe to be fair. It's left to everyone else to agree with me. Things can be amended as well.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Seems like an attempt to remove some of the soul of this place... Chaos makes system wars fun to visit and there are plenty of boards around for more civil rounded conversation... alextherussian

You got my vote!!!

Jk, but seriously, I agree.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]If I wanted peace, I'd go to GGD.Cherokee_Jack
Yeah, it's so peaceful there you can hear a pin drop.

There will still be lulz and debates! Those shouldn't go anywhere. Look at congress lol.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

LOVE the idea :)

My 11 Votes:

• agentfred - The editor of the Spreadsheet. Not sure about his owned systems. If you don't vote him you're doing it wrong!
  • SolidTy - All hail The Kang! If you don't vote him you're doing it wrong!
  • Wasdie - PC gamer mostly. Cool and fair. To my knowledge owns a PS3 and 360 as well.
  • XturnalS - Level headed and only owns a PS3 and PC from my knowledge. SWAG Officer!
  • Giancar - One of the best posters on the boards. Only owns a PS3 from my knowledge but is always fair and makes sense.
  • II_Seraphim_II - Only owns a PS3 to my knowledge. No hint of fanboyism in his posts. MJ Fan!
  • Hahadouken - Owns a PS3, PC, and 360. Defends any system that is unfairly kicked in the dirt.
  • ActicEdge - Overlord of the Sheep. Only owns a Wii to my knowledge. No hint of fanboyism in his posts.
  • Kevin-V - Possibly the greatest editor Gamespot has every seen! Fair and just. Lives and loves his job with more happiness than many people I know, and I hardly even know him!
  • Episode_Eve - The SWS trend setta and Manticore. SWAG Leader!
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Episode_Eve

I just don't think (as does our King), that the spreadsheet should be controlled by one. Also, guys, this won't make SW less fun. Just more organized :).

I do think more people will have a voice as well. Please read the proposition thoroughly!

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Miyomatic

My 11 Votes:

• agentfred - The editor of the Spreadsheet. Not sure about his owned systems. If you don't vote him you're doing it wrong!
  • Wasdie - PC gamer mostly. Cool and fair. To my knowledge owns a PS3 and 360 as well.
  • XturnalS - Level headed and only owns a PS3 and PC from my knowledge. SWAG Officer!
  • IronBass - Manticore who has an affinity for handheld gaming.
  • II_Seraphim_II - Only owns a PS3 to my knowledge. No hint of fanboyism in his posts. MJ Fan!
  • Hahadouken - Owns a PS3, PC, and 360. Defends any system that is unfairly kicked in the dirt.
  • ActicEdge - Overlord of the Sheep. Only owns a Wii to my knowledge. No hint of fanboyism in his posts.
  • TREAL_Since - Me :D. Do I need to desribe myself :x... :cry: ? SWAG Leader!

TREAL_Since

Is it me or is this thing rigged? :P

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TREAL_Since
This isn't really about PEACE. It's about making sure more posters have a VOICE. Please read :D!
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I think it's a terrible idea. This is a forum, is meant to encourage discussion. Having any kind of "authority" will only hinder it. If people want to keep arguing over MLB/GRAW/Whatever being exclusive or not, more power to them. Thank for the nomination, I appreciate it, but it's a terrible idea.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

My 11 Votes:

Miyomatic

How so :? ? Anyone an vote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63f6895020e66
This isn't really about PEACE. It's about making sure more posters have a VOICE. Please read :D!TREAL_Since
The best way to making sure more poster have a vote is... to let them talk. If a senate is supposed to decide things like exlusivity, the talk is over.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TREAL_Since

WilliamRLBaker

Presidential candidates vote for themselves :|. If ANYONE and EVERYONE are allowed to vote, what's the issue?

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="IronBass"]I think it's a terrible idea. This is a forum, is meant to encourage discussion. Having any kind of "authority" will only hinder it. If people want to keep arguing over MLB/GRAW/Whatever being exclusive or not, more power to them. Thank for the nomination, I appreciate it, but it's a terrible idea.

You're welcomed lol. A system like this will still encourage discussion! That's apart of it all. It's not so cut and dry. It's either this, or one person (or a few) controls it.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]This isn't really about PEACE. It's about making sure more posters have a VOICE. Please read :D!IronBass
The best way to making sure more poster have a vote is... to let them talk. If a senate is supposed to decide things like exlusivity, the talk is over.

Where does it say no one can talk????????? It says that after long and heated debates in SW the elected members will decide exclusives and flops. It would be multiple people helping out Agent Fred :|. Did you read :(.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Miyomatic

[QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

My 11 Votes:

TREAL_Since

Merely commenting on the cut-n-paste job is all. Are your votes any different from the TC's? If so, my apologies. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-63f6895020e66
You're welcomed lol. A system like this will still encourage discussion! That's apart of it all. It's not so cut and dry. It's either this, or one person (or a few) controls it.Episode_Eve
What kind of discussion will it encourage? The "MLB is/is not exclsuive because the senate said so". Or "Lair is a flop because the senate said so". I can see it, so will most discussions end. Then those threads will be a discussion about the senate, and not the games.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]This isn't really about PEACE. It's about making sure more posters have a VOICE. Please read :D!IronBass

When we elect officials and they make decisions. Do the people stop "talking"? No man. Discussion and debate will forever remain.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]This isn't really about PEACE. It's about making sure more posters have a VOICE. Please read :D!TREAL_Since

Where does it say no one can talk????????? It says that after long and heated debates in SW the elected members will decide exclusives and flops. It would be multiple people helping out Agent Fred :|. Did you read :(.

So elected members have the final say and not say a poll of a bunch of posters?
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"] You're welcomed lol. A system like this will still encourage discussion! That's apart of it all. It's not so cut and dry. It's either this, or one person (or a few) controls it.IronBass
What kind of discussion will it encourage? The "MLB is/is not exclsuive because the senate said so". Or "Lair is a flop because the senate said so". I can see it, so will most discussions end. Then those threads will be a discussion about the senate, and not the games.

The senate takes the discussions and evidence to vote on whether they think its exclusive. The discussion is a HUGE part of it all. Right now, decisions are made by a single person (or small few), mostly disregarding said discussion. This is a way for people to have a say! As for flops...

As for LAIR, everyone knows it was a flop because it didn't reach its hype. Games won't be noted as such just because the senate wants it. They'll use evidence, i.e. Hype threads. Did you read how it could all work?

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
This is shaping up to be a dictatorship lol. It sounds good in theory but falls flat on its face in practice. And why should the OP elect them. People should be able to put themselves up for contention if you wanted this to be fair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Where does it say no one can talk????????? It says that after long and heated debates in SW the elected members will decide exclusives and flops. It would be multiple people helping out Agent Fred :|. Did you read :(.TREAL_Since
That's not why I meant when I said that people can talk. I meant that, if a senate is meant to have the final word, people will be arguing more about our decissions than the game themselves. It's a good idea too have a solid track of he hype/flop metagame for the ones interested, and adding missing games to the spreadsheet is win, but the rest seems a little pointless.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miyomatic

I have my doubts only because, if you look at any form of government, there will be rebels. No matter what this "government" claims as a flop or exclusive, there'll be plenty who disagree and will argue their points to the ends of the earth regardless of what the Senate says. Soon after, we'll have a terrorist problem, and I'm really against risking the accounts of so many hard-working, honest posters in System Wars. :|

/sarcasm

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"] You're welcomed lol. A system like this will still encourage discussion! That's apart of it all. It's not so cut and dry. It's either this, or one person (or a few) controls it.IronBass

- System Wars will continue as it always had! There will just be more people to help out Agent Fred with the spreadsheet. We will upgrade for FLOPS and HANDHELDS and ARCADE GAMES. - Discussion on ANY topic will remain the same as usual :D. The senate will then look at the heated debates/ every poster's opinion/ and then vote on it for the spreadsheet if need be. It's more fair that way. THE MAIN POINT is to upgrade the spreadsheet though not some freaking HIDDEN AGENDA! That's why we are allowing VOTING. If ANYTHING will be rigged it would be GUFU members voting for one another :P. - No one is saying change the heated discussion of SW! That would be ludicrous :cry: !
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TREAL_Since

I have my doubts only because, if you look at any form of government, there will be rebels. No matter what this "government" claims as a flop or exclusive, there'll be plenty who disagree and will argue their points to the ends of the earth regardless of what the Senate says. Soon after, we'll have a terrorist problem, and I'm really against risking the accounts of so many hard-working, honest posters in System Wars. :|

/sarcasm

Miyomatic
There are "rebels" in SW now and there will always be. This is mainly to help out with the spreadsheet. And guess what? Everyone gets to vote!
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Episode_Eve
This is shaping up to be a dictatorship lol. It sounds good in theory but falls flat on its face in practice. And why should the OP elect them. People should be able to put themselves up for contention if you wanted this to be fair.ocstew
Lol, if you read carefully, I'm not the only person who gets to vote. Everyone does :).
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
No instead of a senate we should have voting
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="IronBass"] The best way to making sure more poster have a vote is... to let them talk. If a senate is supposed to decide things like exlusivity, the talk is over.

So elected members have the final say and not say a poll of a bunch of posters?

There are TWO people who have the final say now! Casey and AgentFred. We want to add to that list to help out and make it fair. The point is that yuo get to VOTE anyone you think would be FAIR and JUST. Discussion will always be the same :D.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

B-but teh anarchy!

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 heysharpshooter

[QUOTE="ocstew"]This is shaping up to be a dictatorship lol. It sounds good in theory but falls flat on its face in practice. And why should the OP elect them. People should be able to put themselves up for contention if you wanted this to be fair.Episode_Eve
Lol, if you read carefully, I'm not the only person who gets to vote. Everyone does :).

They voted in Iran too... and Zimbabwe... and just about every other blossoming dictatorship...

BTW, GS scores are the final determining factor on flops(although I hate this rule)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-63f6895020e66
The senate takes the discussions and evidence to vote on whether they think its exclusive. The discussion is a HUGE part of it all. Right now, decisions are made by a single person (or small few), mostly disregarding said discussion. This is a way for people to have a say! As for flops...Everyone knows LAIR was a flop because it didn't reach its hype. Did you read how it could all work?Episode_Eve
Yes, and that's exaclty my problem. The senate considers the evidence is my main one. It will become a game of "what the senate says > you" . Example. I made a thread about MLB being exclusive. What will be the most common reply? "The senate said its not. /thread". People will start basing their arguments on what the senate says, and not on... real arguments. It will make things worse.
When we elect officials and they make decisions. Do the people stop "talking"? No man. Discussion and debate will forever remain.Episode_Eve
You overstimate SW.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
It works if you streamline the stupid semantics of SW. One official hype thread started by the senate. That one thread piles up votes from you the SW community. and then the Senate keeps track of it. We don't hear pointless flop comments, we call it a flop or not based on that thread. We run one official thread for arguing over whatever, and then that commitee looks at the votes declares the results and then thats that. No more complaining just to go around in a circle(we should not be arguing GRAW in 2010) They have spreadsheet control and now its done by more people so one person doesn't take all the blame, hype threads and flops are more reasonable, and other arguable discussions can end quicker and a standard can be met that will be argued over once and not 30 times in 3 months.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-63f6895020e66
No more complaining just to go around in a circle(we should not be arguing GRAW in 2010) jg4xchamp
I disagree with this one. If they want to, let them.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

I will gladly not object to a position, but I will not vote for myself. I'll try to keep it fair as one person can reasonably keep it fair(please for the love of all that is holy, spare me your BS. I don't give a crap about what you have to say. It means nothing to me)

1- Agentfred
- Dude's done all the spreadsheet work gets non of the credit and he's a great poster

2- Wasdie- SW vet, moderator, plus I need brownie points

3- CaseyWagner
- SW vet, moderator, plus I need brownie points

4- Adrian Werner- yes yes he's a hermet. But He's a SW veteran and he knows SW rules. He won't bend the spreadsheet to his will or something. It's the internet relax

5- EpisodeEve- Thinks I'm a womanizer :), but no while him and his brother have had a pro-PS3 run of posts. They have played other systems and they express their opinions on something without being a jackass. They express an opinion, they back up an opinion, and at the end of the day THEY ACKNOWLEDGE what an opinion is they do not force their opinion on others. Plus I enjoy their threads.

6- Treal since- Same as above, his brothers cooler than him though(oh yeah, i went there)

7- ActicEdge- Out of all the pro nintendo posters, I like his sty-le. Plus he seems to be able to follow simple things like logic

8- Legend of Nerd- SW monthly editor. Again brownie points, but also he's incharge of one of the bigger things in the SW forum community

9- SolidTy- Can't have the King not on the senate. I mean love em or hate em, I don't see why he shouldn't be on. He is SW king until the next vote

10 and 11 is very hard since I'm trying to avoid picking GUFU members, since I honestly don't want to here the consistant GUFU complaining(you know exactly who you are, and you know you will complain) so with my 10th and 11th pick I go for

10- Giancer- Easily one of the better posters here

11- Kevin Von Ord- Gamespot editor. When you want someone to argue for your opinion you don't want me or treal pfft. You want a man that has college degrees in writing, journalism and tons of other crap to help him write in a manner that will school everyone on this forum(and make it look quite easy). That's who I want to argue for my internet rights. he's like shaft. Except he's white...and not as jacked.......and not as cool....and without the badass theme music.....come to think of it Von ORd aint nothing like Shaft. Whats up with that Von Ord?

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]The senate takes the discussions and evidence to vote on whether they think its exclusive. The discussion is a HUGE part of it all. Right now, decisions are made by a single person (or small few), mostly disregarding said discussion. This is a way for people to have a say! As for flops...Everyone knows LAIR was a flop because it didn't reach its hype. Did you read how it could all work?IronBass
Yes, and that's exaclty my problem. The senate considers the evidence is my main one. It will become a game of "what the senate says > you" . Example. I made a thread about MLB being exclusive. What will be the most common reply? "The senate said its not. /thread". People will start basing their arguments on what the senate says, and not on... real arguments. It will make things worse.

I look at it like this: A.) A few control the spreadsheet disregarding the population. That's the way it is now. B.) Help Agenfred out in expanding and streamlining the spreadsheet. And let users have more of a voice. That's why I think honest and level-headed posters such as yourself should be on the team :wink:.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

But who will watch the watchmen?

I suppose it's no worse than having a single person controlling that all-powerful infallible spreadsheet...

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

I don´t really like where this is going.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="Miyomatic"]

Miyomatic

Merely commenting on the cut-n-paste job is all. Are your votes any different from the TC's? If so, my apologies. ;)

YOU can vote too D. Anyone can. I just happen to agree with Episode Eve :lol:. And if you look closely, I changed some people around :).
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Episode_Eve

I will gladly not object to a position, but I will not vote for myself. I'll try to keep it fair as one person can reasonably keep it fair(please for the love of all that is holy, spare me your BS. I don't give a crap about what you have to say. It means nothing to me) 1- Agentfred- Dude's done all the spreadsheet work gets non of the credit and he's a great poster 2- Wasdie- SW vet, moderator, plus I need brownie points 3- CaseyWagner- SW vet, moderator, plus I need brownie points 4- Adrian Werner- yes yes he's a hermet. But He's a SW veteran and he knows SW rules. He won't bend the spreadsheet to his will or something. It's the internet relax 5- EpisodeEve- Thinks I'm a womanizer :), but no while him and his brother have had a pro-PS3 run of posts. They have played other systems and they express their opinions on something without being a jackass. They express an opinion, they back up an opinion, and at the end of the day THEY ACKNOWLEDGE what an opinion is they do not force their opinion on others. Plus I enjoy their threads. 6- Treal since- Same as above, his brothers cooler than him though(oh yeah, i went there) 7- ActicEdge- Out of all the pro nintendo posters, I like his sty-le. Plus he seems to be able to follow simple things like logic 8- Legend of Nerd- SW monthly editor. Again brownie points, but also he's incharge of one of the bigger things in the SW forum community 9- SolidTy- Can't have the King not on the senate. I mean love em or hate em, I don't see why he shouldn't be on. He is SW king until the next vote 10 and 11 is very hard since I'm trying to avoid picking GUFU members, since I honestly don't want to here the consistant GUFU complaining(you know exactly who you are, and you know you will complain) so with my 10th and 11th pick I go for 10- Giancer- Easily one of the better posters here 11- Kevin Von Ord- Gamespot editor. When you want someone to argue for your opinion you don't want me or treal pfft. You want a man that has college degrees in writing, journalism and tons of other crap to help him write in a manner that will school everyone on this forum(and make it look quite easy). That's who I want to argue for my internet rights. he's like shaft. Except he's white...and not as jacked.......and not as cool....and without the badass theme music.....come to think of it Von ORd aint nothing like Shaft. Whats up with that Von Ord?jg4xchamp
Cool. I understand your reasoning for not voting for yourself. Still, I don't see what's wrong with doing so :). Do members of congress vote for themselves?

And I didn't think about nominating Kevin-V! If he's down, then that would be awesome.

---

EDIT: I don't want users to get my stance twisted! In the first 3 years of the PS3's life-cycle, I think it's def. been an underdog faced with criticisms (PS brand of all things?). Some criticisms that I didn't agree with. That has really changed lately, especially after the Slim. I'm not anti-"anything else" and I've never bashed anything outright. Not one bit. I just like rooting for the underdog (loved the GCN most last gen) and I respect all systems and enjoy them equally. I promote everything that's good.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

It works if you streamline the stupid semantics of SW. One official hype thread started by the senate. That one thread piles up votes from you the SW community. and then the Senate keeps track of it. We don't hear pointless flop comments, we call it a flop or not based on that thread. jg4xchamp

Hype threads only made by people in this "senate?" No thanks. And the flop/not a flop arguments are entertaining and funny.

Hopefully this idea will die on its arse, which seems to be the way it's going, judging by the reception so far.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TREAL_Since
I'm changing one of my votes to Kevin Van Ord :D! Maybe myself.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]It works if you streamline the stupid semantics of SW. One official hype thread started by the senate. That one thread piles up votes from you the SW community. and then the Senate keeps track of it. We don't hear pointless flop comments, we call it a flop or not based on that thread. BZSIN

Hype threads only made by people in this "senate?" No thanks. And the flop/not a flop arguments are entertaining and funny.

Hopefully this idea will die on its arse, which seems to be the way it's going, judging by the reception so far.

I don't think anyone understands the reason for this :(. it's worst off the way it is now actually...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-63f6895020e66
I look at it like this: A.) A few control the spreadsheet disregarding the population. That's the way it is now. B.) Help Agenfred out in expanding and streamlining the spreadsheet. And let users have more of a voice. That's why I think honest and level-headed posters such as yourself should be on the team :wink:.Episode_Eve
If the spreadsheet is the issue, then it's kinda an unnecessary effort. I mean, it's not too difficult to browse the "Top Games" section of GS. I agree that the spreadsheet has a lot of issues, but I think the main issue is to consider it any form of law in the first place.