Eidos want next Deus Ex to do what Cyberpunk didnot do.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

The team behind the DeusEx series apparently wants to bring the series back and show up CD Projekt Red'sCyberpunk 2077. The Deus Ex series is one of the most beloved sci-fi, cyberpunk-ish gaming franchises out there and it really found a lot of love with its most recent games, Deus Ex: Human Revolutionand Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Both games were received quite well by critics, but Square Enix was supposedly unhappy with the sales of the last game. DespiteEidos the Montrealassuring fans that Deus Ex wasn't dead, the developer went to work on other games, such as the belovedMarvel's Guardians of the Galaxy which also disappointed Square Enix sales-wise.

Thats incredible news. hope next Deus Ex is coming. need more immersive sim. Cyberpunk is barely immersive sim.

beside Deus Ex 1 is best game of all time, Human revolution is one of the best 7th gen game.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

It´s overhyped already and we know what mostly happens to overhyped titles do we?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Square Enix selling Eidos was their final mistake, who the hell is interested in buying Square Enix NFTs???

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Square Enix selling Eidos was their final mistake, who the hell is interested in buying Square Enix NFTs???

square not interested in Deus Ex. they sell eidos is as good news as they separated from IO interactive.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

Cyberpunk isn't an immersive sim

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

I still look at both prior Deux Ex games from Eidos as being superior to Cyberpunk 2077 beyond the second one's unfinished ending. But I'll take an abrupt ending that never gets seen all the way through over all the problems and lies which plague Cyberpunk 2077.

Just give me a cool story in a futuristic setting that makes me question the pace of technology and the place humanity will have in that near future. I don't need an "immersive sim" to enjoy a game like this. None of the other prior Deus Ex games were immersive sims and they did great... Invisible War not counting.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I liked HR. Another one wud be cool.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I think an open world Deus Ex would be amazing.

I think CP2077 attempted it but needed more time achieve what they originally showed.

The version we got was cut down from the original and made parts feel disjointed.

Human Revolution as an open world would have been amazing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@navyguy21 said:

I think CP2077 attempted it but needed more time achieve what they originally showed.

The version we got was cut down from the original and made parts feel disjointed.

Please stay open world out of Deus Ex.

Deus Ex work better with multiple hub system. ie semi open. making it open world will kill its immersion.

its immersive sim with deep level design.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I think they could pull it off, but would have to give it gen 6 visuals so they could focus their efforts elsewhere.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Like what make a lot of money? Oke then.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Deus ex 1 is one of the best games made, however mankind divided was a massive let down the pacing was pretty bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Not too fussed one way or another.

UnderRail shares a lot of concepts with Dues Ex, and generally implements them better than HR/MD.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I like DeusEx a lot, but how are they gonna accoplish what CDPR couldn't? They don't have the resources to do so, and unless they're using UE5, and and that engine is able to achieve miracles, i don't see how it could be done.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

As far as I know, they only did more harm than good. Not just a wasted investment, but turning FF7 into NFTs was a complete slap in the face to the artistic merits of that game, and the fans.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

As far as I know, they only did more harm than good. Not just a wasted investment, but turning FF7 into NFTs was a complete slap in the face to the artistic merits of that game, and the fans.

I'm sure there are some die hard suckers fans willing to pay upwards of 10.000 dollars for a .jpeg. But where is the long term business in NFTs anyway?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

I like DeusEx a lot, but how are they gonna accoplish what CDPR couldn't? They don't have the resources to do so, and unless they're using UE5, and and that engine is able to achieve miracles, i don't see how it could be done.

they are using UE5.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Not too fussed one way or another.

UnderRail shares a lot of concepts with Dues Ex, and generally implements them better than HR/MD.

see the pattern.

1 Dus Ex is good. other is bad

Deus Ex 1 - Good

Deus Ex 2 - Bad

Deus Ex HR - Good

Deus Ex MD- Not good

Deus Ex 5 - ??

Is this conspiracy? Deus Ex also based on conspiracy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

they are using UE5.

Good start. We will see, i guess.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

they are using UE5.

UE5 is monster.

STALKER 2 using it and looks like next graphic king. too photorealistic

IGI origins move to UE5 and really want to see what it will like.

I even wanted to see how next Bioshock looks in UE5.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

they are using UE5.

UE5 is monster.

STALKER 2 using it and looks like next graphic king. too photorealistic

IGI origins move to UE5 and really want to see what it will like.

I even wanted to see how next Bioshock looks in UE5.

You're already hyping my game, Callisto. Don't you dare being interested in Bioshock, which always was mine since 2007.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I'm glad Square Enix sold Deus Ex so we can finally get a sequel to Mankind Divided. If they play their cards right they can create a far deeper cyberpunk world than 2077 did.

Hopefully they won't fall for the open world trap though. That would unnecessarily complicate the development process. Open hub areas are perfect for an immersive sim like Deus Ex. With UE5 they can make them even more realistic and detailed.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I could get excited for a Deus Ex 1 remaster but the rest of the games didnt really do it for me.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@navyguy21 said:

Please stay open world out of Deus Ex.

Deus Ex work better with multiple hub system. ie semi open. making it open world will kill its immersion.

its immersive sim with deep level design.

When I think open world Deus Ex, I think more like Witcher 3 so I think we agree on that point.

Witcher 3 had huge open areas, not a single open world.

I felt Mankind Divided was too small and that world felt limited because of it. I loved the different openish areas in HR and wished they were bigger

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Eidos Montréal Deus Ex games are boring and technically garbage. Though they have improved ever so slightly as shown with their work on Shadow of the Tomb Raider, though still a huge letdown, and the Guardians of the Galaxy game, they're still a technically capable company that could potentially pull off a polished looking game, but they are still lacking in gameplay design. Probably only Rockstar is only one remotely capable of doing what CP2077 was promised to be and fat chance that will ever happen. But they might actually stand a chance to make a game people will buy because nobody else is trying.

Surprised more publishers aren't looking at CP2077 and seeing dollar signs. People were pumped for what it was offering, just not one bit excited with the the end result which didn't come close to anything it was hyped to be. They basically have a blue print of everything they need it to be, just look at all CDPR promised and make that.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@ghosts4ever: you should do a collisto thread. Deus X and stalker, alanwake aren't my thing. Gimme some callisto. Any new updates??

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

Mankind Divided wasn't good. The shooting and stealth sucked.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Loved both HR and MD so I'll be onboard with it. It's a good thing Eidos got out from under the control of Sh*tEnix.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Loved both HR and MD so I'll be onboard with it. It's a good thing Eidos got out from under the control of Sh*tEnix.

MD was disappointing. not as disappointing as invisible wars but still.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

I rather have another soul reaver game from them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Deus Ex HR was good, I would enjoy another one of those.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

After MD (barely finished game, with the other half never releasing) I never trust them.

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

MD was disappointing. not as disappointing as invisible wars but still.

They split the story into seasons, felt like I played a quarter of a game. You were supposed to pay for the remainder, but that didn't even come out lol.

Idiots.

That being said I really hope the next one is like Deus Ex (original).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

The team behind the DeusEx series apparently wants to bring the series back and show up CD Projekt Red'sCyberpunk 2077. The Deus Ex series is one of the most beloved sci-fi, cyberpunk-ish gaming franchises out there and it really found a lot of love with its most recent games, Deus Ex: Human Revolutionand Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Both games were received quite well by critics, but Square Enix was supposedly unhappy with the sales of the last game. DespiteEidos the Montrealassuring fans that Deus Ex wasn't dead, the developer went to work on other games, such as the belovedMarvel's Guardians of the Galaxy which also disappointed Square Enix sales-wise.

Thats incredible news. hope next Deus Ex is coming. need more immersive sim. Cyberpunk is barely immersive sim.

beside Deus Ex 1 is best game of all time, Human revolution is one of the best 7th gen game.

what a garbage take from a garbage poster.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hardwenzen

Now that i think about it, even if they do make a DeusEx game that is better than Cp2077, we're all gonna be 5-6 years older, and that saddens the flying **** out of me😥