EA not interested on making sports games for Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Lol EA make the best sports games, some of the best racers (Need For Speed, Burnout), one of the best music games (Rockband), one of the best FPSs (Battlefield), some of the best RPGs (Bioware) and you gonna tell me their support doesn't matter? Yeah think only the Nintendo fanboys are gonna say this doesn't matter.

It actually doesn't when even EA couldn't sell a Nintendo console version of their multiplat, using a similar strategy that only worked with Namco during that same gen.

Guess no 3rd party matters so. Back to N64 days?

For how long have you been complaining?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] It actually doesn't when even EA couldn't sell a Nintendo console version of their multiplat, using a similar strategy that only worked with Namco during that same gen.

Since the N64 days ;)
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#103 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Lol EA make the best sports games, some of the best racers (Need For Speed, Burnout), one of the best music games (Rockband), one of the best FPSs (Battlefield), some of the best RPGs (Bioware) and you gonna tell me their support doesn't matter? Yeah think only the Nintendo fanboys are gonna say this doesn't matter.locopatho
It actually doesn't when even EA couldn't sell a Nintendo console version of their multiplat, using a similar strategy that only worked with Namco during that same gen.

That would actually be amazing considering the fact that the "hardcores" took what they could get out of the N64. Less controversies over certain games for certain. No one cared when Turok and Star Wars games were on N64 (and for GameCube's sake, no one cared when Rogue Squadron stayed GameCube exclusive), unlike what happened with RE4, TvsC, Goldeneye 2010, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta 2.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] It actually doesn't when even EA couldn't sell a Nintendo console version of their multiplat, using a similar strategy that only worked with Namco during that same gen.nintendoboy16

That would actually be amazing considering the fact that the "hardcores" took what they could get out of the N64. Less controversies over certain games for certain. No one cared when Turok and Star Wars games were on N64 (and gor GameCube's sake, no one cared when Rogue Squadron stayed GameCube exclusive), unlike what happened with RE4, TvsC, Goldeneye 2010, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta 2.

No, it wouldn't, N64 days were sh!tty. I wanted Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Tekken and the 8 bazillion PS games :(
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts
I liked the N64 more than the Playstation. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Blast Corps, and Conker's Bad Fur Day ftw.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Guess no 3rd party matters so. Back to N64 days?locopatho

That would actually be amazing considering the fact that the "hardcores" took what they could get out of the N64. Less controversies over certain games for certain. No one cared when Turok and Star Wars games were on N64 (and gor GameCube's sake, no one cared when Rogue Squadron stayed GameCube exclusive), unlike what happened with RE4, TvsC, Goldeneye 2010, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta 2.

No, it wouldn't, N64 days were sh!tty. I wanted Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Tekken and the 8 bazillion PS games :(

Sure the library lacked, but the attitude towards them was perhaps much better then than it was now (though that may not be saying much as that started Nintendo's controversial reception).

Besides, I don't think most people actually like it when Nintendo gets third party support these days (again referring to the Bayonetta 2 and RE4 controversies)

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Guess no 3rd party matters so. Back to N64 days?

Since the N64 days ;)

Complaining for 16 years? :/
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

One can only imagine the situation that would occur if Rockstar announces that Grand Theft Auto 5 will have PS4 and 720 versions in support of their launch, but NO Wii U version.   

Goodnight sweet Nintendo.  :|

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]That would actually be amazing considering the fact that the "hardcores" took what they could get out of the N64. Less controversies over certain games for certain. No one cared when Turok and Star Wars games were on N64 (and gor GameCube's sake, no one cared when Rogue Squadron stayed GameCube exclusive), unlike what happened with RE4, TvsC, Goldeneye 2010, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta 2.

nintendoboy16

Sure the library lacked, but the attitude towards them was perhaps much better then than it was now (though that may not be saying much as that started Nintendo's controversial reception).

Besides, I don't think most people actually like it when Nintendo gets third party support these days (again referring to the Bayonetta 2 and RE4 controversies)

Yeah sorry I can't be dealing with your therioes. I think you just got way too into the SW mindset. People don't despise Nintendo no matter what, they're just sick of their crap. If WiiU turns into the SNES/DS of next gen, people will love it.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 locopatho
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] For how long have you been complaining?

Since the N64 days ;)

At least :D I'll be complaining about PS3's mandatory installs and 360's RROD for decades too! Moaning is fun :D
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
Holy crap, it;s the Dreamcast all over again. Prepare for Nintendo Sports 2k14
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] No, it wouldn't, N64 days were sh!tty. I wanted Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Tekken and the 8 bazillion PS games :(locopatho

Yeah sorry I can't be dealing with your therioes. I think you just got way too into the SW mindset. People don't despise Nintendo no matter what, they're just sick of their crap. If WiiU turns into the SNES/DS of next gen, people will love it.

And I can't deal with how BS that statement is. Even SNES didn't get all that much love as everyone says.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Sure the library lacked, but the attitude towards them was perhaps much better then than it was now (though that may not be saying much as that started Nintendo's controversial reception).

nintendoboy16

And I can't deal with how BS that statement is. Besides, even SNES didn't get all that much defense as everyone says.

All of your posts are about poor Nintendo and how everyone hates on them for everything, no matter what they do.

Get a grip on reality, dude.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 locopatho

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Yeah sorry I can't be dealing with your therioes. I think you just got way too into the SW mindset. People don't despise Nintendo no matter what, they're just sick of their crap. If WiiU turns into the SNES/DS of next gen, people will love it.DarkLink77

And I can't deal with how BS that statement is. Besides, even SNES didn't get all that much defense as everyone says.

All of your posts are about poor Nintendo and how everyone hate on thems for everything no matter what they do.

Right? I think the Wii's (well deserved) savaging by gamers all gen long has broken his mind.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Guess no 3rd party matters so. Back to N64 days?locopatho

The N64 would have dominated the Playstation if Nintendo hadn't screwed up their deal with Philips over the CD drive, and if they had included 8MB of ram out of the box instead of gimping it and selling the expansion pack years later. The N64 would have been able to smoke the PS1 in pretty much every category, including 2D games because the PS1 didn't have as much RAM (N64 had 4MB out of the box, 8MB with expansion pack; PS1 had 2MB, which was less than even the Sega Saturn's 4MB). The PS1 would have still been easier to develop for, but the N64 would have had both the advantage of CDs and the raw power to make games that were far better than the competition's to the point where it would have been almost a generation ahead.

I still mark the N64's lack of an integrated CD drive as the moment when Nintendo started going downhill. If Nintendo hadn't screwed up their deal with Phillips and were able to get them to manufacture the system's CD drive, the system wars today would be a very different landscape.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And I can't deal with how BS that statement is. Besides, even SNES didn't get all that much defense as everyone says.

locopatho

All of your posts are about poor Nintendo and how everyone hate on thems for everything no matter what they do.

Right? I think the Wii's (well deserved) savaging by gamers all gen long has broken his mind.

It was definitely the weakest console, in terms of both games and hardware. Not useless by any means, but it deserved to get knocked around for what it did wrong.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 StaticOnTV

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]That would actually be amazing considering the fact that the "hardcores" took what they could get out of the N64. Less controversies over certain games for certain. No one cared when Turok and Star Wars games were on N64 (and gor GameCube's sake, no one cared when Rogue Squadron stayed GameCube exclusive), unlike what happened with RE4, TvsC, Goldeneye 2010, No More Heroes, and Bayonetta 2.

Timstuff

The N64 would have dominated the Playstation if Nintendo hadn't screwed up their deal with Philips over the CD drive, and if they had included 8MB of ram out of the box instead of gimping it and selling the expansion pack years later. The N64 would have been able to smoke the PS1 in pretty much every category, including 2D games because the PS1 didn't have as much RAM (N64 had 4MB out of the box, 8MB with expansion pack; PS1 had 2MB, which was less than even the Sega Saturn's 4MB). The PS1 would have still been easier to develop for, but the N64 would have had both the advantage of CDs and the raw power to make games that were far better than the competition's to the point where it would have been almost a generation ahead.

I still mark the N64's lack of an integrated CD drive as the moment when Nintendo started going downhill. If Nintendo hadn't screwed up their deal with Phillips and were able to get them to manufacture the system's CD drive, the system wars today would be a very different landscape.

No actually, It would have helped, but Phillips CD technology was pretty gimped and would have cause possibly longer slowdown than the Playstation.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And I can't deal with how BS that statement is. Besides, even SNES didn't get all that much defense as everyone says.

locopatho

I don't mind the Wii's criticisms (hell, it's MY least favorite Nintendo console), but it blows my mind that when Nintendo tried to address something, it backfires, one way or another.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

It was definitely the weakest console, in terms of both games and hardware. Not useless by any means, but it deserved to get knocked around for what it did wrong.

It's the same for WiiU: if it's the worst, it'll get savaged like the Wii. If it's the best, it'll get godly praise like the DS. No conspiracies here mister! :P
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

That's not good. Although, I doubt that many people bought a Wii U for Madden, 2K, Fifa, when it's a already on other systems.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 StaticOnTV

nintendoboy16

I don't mind the Wii's criticisms (hell, it's MY least favorite Nintendo console), but it blows my mind that when Nintendo tried to address something, it backfires, one way or another.

Because they don't actually address it.
com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Timstuff

Nintendo didn't want loading times with their games, regardless of the third party support the N64 still had some of the greatest games and Nintendo made a decent profit as well
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Since the N64 days ;)

At least :D I'll be complaining about PS3's mandatory installs and 360's RROD for decades too! Moaning is fun :D

LOCOPATHO!!! -_- lol :P
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 locopatho

nintendoboy16

Results are what matter. JUST TRYING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! Well it is for the hardcore fans. They were defending Wii's online system :?
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#126 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
Even the GC got EA sports games. This is starting to look like Dreamcast, yet worse.fernandmondego_
. I predict the Wii U lifespan will be a very short one, with Nintendo, perhaps exiting the console market and sticking to handhelds.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 locopatho
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Complaining for 16 years? :/

LOCOPATHO!!! -_- lol :P

I can find something to b!tch about in anything. It's more fun then everyone calmly politely agreeing that Mario Galaxy is awesome for the billionth time :P
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] No, it wouldn't, N64 days were sh!tty. I wanted Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Tekken and the 8 bazillion PS games :(com2006

Nintendo didn't want loading times with their games, regardless of the third party support the N64 still had some of the greatest games and Nintendo made a decent profit as well

I would give most of that profit to the gameboy, The N64 did pretty badly ww.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

If EA isn't interested in making games for Wii U then who is?

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

DivineSword
Nintendo, for now. Though like the Gamecube, that may change.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

[QUOTE="DivineSword"]

fernandmondego_

Nintendo, for now. Though like the Gamecube, that may change.

If Nintendo wasn't interested then they might as well not make the console to begin with.:P

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Right? I think the Wii's (well deserved) savaging by gamers all gen long has broken his mind.

Results are what matter. JUST TRYING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! Well it is for the hardcore fans. They were defending Wii's online system :?

no one was defending abominations like Wii music, don't paint all nintendo fans with a single color
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]I don't mind the Wii's criticisms (hell, it's MY least favorite Nintendo console), but it blows my mind that when Nintendo tried to address something, it backfires, one way or another.Shinobishyguy

no one was defending abominations like Wii music, don't paint all nintendo fans with a single color

Not dire stuff like Wii Music, no. But half arsed sh!t gets defended. Wii online was defended. Crappy ports were defended (the controls makes up for it!). Tiny storage is defended (lol just buy a harddrive). Lack of media features gets defended. (lol everyones moved to Netflix, no one needs dvd/blu ray playback). And so on. If Nintendo fans were more demanding, Ninty wouldn't get away with this crap. That's what annoys me. Young me playing SNES expected Nintendo to always be the kings, and they still could be! If they only copped the hell on.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Right? I think the Wii's (well deserved) savaging by gamers all gen long has broken his mind.

Well, based on the friend code thing, I wasn't completely defending it. I found some playable games on there, but I hated the FC's.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Even the GC got EA sports games. This is starting to look like Dreamcast, yet worse.ChiefFreeman
. I predict the Wii U lifespan will be a very short one, with Nintendo, perhaps exiting the console market and sticking to handhelds.

You realize they wouldn't survive on handhelds alone in this day in age, right?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nintendoboy16

Because they don't actually address it.StaticOnTV
How about publish a game people actually wanted to play, only to announce it and that same game is now wanted dead?

All of your posts are about poor Nintendo and how everyone hates on them for everything, no matter what they do.

DarkLink77

Link, I don't believe EVERYONE hates Nintendo. I know they have their fans, but with all the "doom and gloom" articles as well as getting into gamer related controversies as much as EA, Activision, and Capcom does, I'm just finding it harder to believe. The severe backdraft (based on what I first witnessed) I saw the GameCube get that gen really makes me iffy (as well as reading a certain website and blogger maybe a bit too much).

Even I don't defend Nintendo on everything. In fact, didn't you criticize me for calling the Pandora's Tower release "too little, too late"? I'm sorry to get on you like this, but...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 locopatho

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] Because they don't actually address it.nintendoboy16

How about publish a game people actually wanted to play, only to announce it and that same game is now wanted dead?

DarkLink77

Link, I don't believe EVERYONE hates Nintendo. I know they have their fans, but with all the "doom and gloom" articles as well as getting into gamer related controversies as much as EA, Activision, and Capcom does, I'm just finding it harder to believe. The severe backdraft (based on what I first witnessed) I saw the GameCube get that gen really makes me iffy (as well as reading a certain website and blogger maybe a bit too much).

Even I don't defend Nintendo on everything. In fact, didn't you criticize me for calling the Pandora's Tower release "too little, too late"? I'm sorry to get on you like this, but...

The doom and gloom articles are based on solid facts and evidence tho. Say that guy losing all his VC games cos the massive update bricked his console. That's not bias or hate, that's reporting the facts of how far behind Nintendo are in those respects. That couldn't and wouldn't happen on a 360 or PS3. It's reality, not conspiracy. If their dam system worked, there'd be no negative article.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I was actually thinking it'd be super fun to play sports games with the Wii U gamepad as some sort of playbook, or something.

Guess I will continue on not playing sports games :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#140 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] How about publish a game people actually wanted to play, only to announce it and that same game is now wanted dead?

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

locopatho

The doom and gloom articles are based on solid facts and evidence tho. Say that guy losing all his VC games cos the massive update bricked his console. That's not bias or hate, that's reporting the facts of how far behind Nintendo are in those respects. That couldn't and wouldn't happen on a 360 or PS3. It's reality, not conspiracy. If their dam system worked, there'd be no negative article.

That happened to his Wii not WiiU.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 nintendoboy16

The doom and gloom articles are based on solid facts and evidence tho. Say that guy losing all his VC games cos the massive update bricked his console. That's not bias or hate, that's reporting the facts of how far behind Nintendo are in those respects. That couldn't and wouldn't happen on a 360 or PS3. It's reality, not conspiracy. If their dam system worked, there'd be no negative article.locopatho
Yet, are they enough to justify it as "doomed", especially when their damn system has been out for far less than a year? I admit their systems have flaws, but just because an accident happens, doesn't mean Nintendo is doomed. It's blowing things way out of purportion and doing that isn't fair at all.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Nintendo completly ignored third party developers when creating the Wii U.  Factor in that third party titles almost always sell like crap on Nintendo systems, and you have a recipie for disaster.  

This is completely Nintendo's fault.  I hope they suffer for their hubris.  The Nintendo Wii only succeeded because casuals bought it.  They ignored their core and expected the core to walk back with open arms with the Wii U.  Nintendo is dead to me thanks to the Wii.  

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PurpleMan5000
Tiny storage is defended (lol just buy a harddrive).locopatho
I actually support this, as long as I can use my own 3rd party external hard drive. Why not save money on the console and then just use a dirt cheap hard drive to save downloadable games?
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 PurpleMan5000

Nintendo completly ignored third party developers when creating the Wii U.  Factor in that third party titles almost always sell like crap on Nintendo systems, and you have a recipie for disaster.  

This is completely Nintendo's fault.  I hope they suffer for their hubris.  The Nintendo Wii only succeeded because casuals bought it.  They ignored their core and expected the core to walk back with open arms with the Wii U.  Nintendo is dead to me thanks to the Wii.  

Fizzman
Why shouldn't they have ignored third party developers? Those developers were just going to abandon their platform as soon as the new offerings from Sony and Microsoft dropped anyway, so why not create the system Nintendo's first party developers want?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Tiny storage is defended (lol just buy a harddrive).PurpleMan5000
I actually support this, as long as I can use my own 3rd party external hard drive. Why not save money on the console and then just use a dirt cheap hard drive to save downloadable games?

Cos storage is dirt cheap, and last gen consoles come with hundreds on board. Not to mention WiiU has USB 2.0, which isn't very good for streaming games/data off.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Bahahhahahahah, my stomach literally  hurts from laughing at all the ridiculous damage control in this thread, sheep really are die hard fans. Nintendo fell off many years ago.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Bahahhahahahah, my stomach literally  hurts from laughing at all the ridiculous damage control in this thread, sheep really are die hard fans. Nintendo fell off many years ago.

Advid-Gamer

Agreed. Hopefully the beardfat nintendo fans can coup with their loss.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

They still mad because Nintendo didn't want Origin :lol:

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#150 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

EA's still butthurt over the Origin thing, eh?