EA Developers say 360 wins console war!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

Interesting article about how most EA developers say the 360 will win the console war.

Anyway, according to Garett,

"Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was.

That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing.

My opinion - get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future"

For full article click here: http://ps3.qj.net/EA-dev-Get-the-360-and-or-Wii/pg/49/aid/82471.

Now let the EA hating start.......

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
Or just get all 3 like I did.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
that is allegedly ONE developer reporting his personal opinion and what he claims is the opinion of others. meaningless. he's probably right though.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
360 having EA on is side could really play a big part in the war :| The console that have EA , have the Casuals .
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
360 having EA on is side could really play a big part in the war :| The console that have EA , have the Casuals .Prid3r
Yet this is one EA dev. not one EA exec. Also this is old.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AgentVX

that is allegedly ONE developer reporting his personal opinion and what he claims is the opinion of others. meaningless. he's probably right though.ROLFCHANK

Well, it's a pretty big claim, and if he was stating something that was not correct, I am sure the EA would quickly have a rebuttal or correction on the issue.

But this doesn't surprise me one bit, it is a general fact that most developers like working better on the 360 than the PS3, and the PS3 numbers as of now are very disappointing.  And there doesn't seem to be much improvement for the PS3 anytime soon.

I really hope the PS3 does well, competition is what drives companies to give us users better products and games at a cheaper price.

But I still wouldn't touch a PS3 for at least another year if I was looking at purchasing one.

Avatar image for XtinctionAgenda
XtinctionAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XtinctionAgenda
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

Interesting article about how most EA developers say the 360 will win the console war.

"Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was.

That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing.

My opinion - get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future"

For full article click here: http://ps3.qj.net/EA-dev-Get-the-360-and-or-Wii/pg/49/aid/82471.

Now --

AgentVX

No surprises there. Does this mean Assassin's Creed will be crappy on the PS3?

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AgentVX

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]360 having EA on is side could really play a big part in the war :| The console that have EA , have the Casuals .tegovoltio

No, this is not just one EA dev, he states that most of the EA dev also believe that the 360 will dominate this generation.

As for "Also this is old" bit, are you for real??? He posted this just 2 days ago OWN3D!!!

zsc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zsc4
Member since 2005 • 5233 Posts
So what a developer told his opinion, this just doesn't mean 360 has won.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="Prid3r"]360 having EA on is side could really play a big part in the war :| The console that have EA , have the Casuals .AgentVX

No, this is not just one EA dev, he states that most of the EA dev also believe that the 360 will dominate this generation.

As for "Also this is old" bit, are you for real??? He posted this just 2 days ago OWN3D!!!

First of all, do you think EA devs. are happy to port games to every console every time? Also I was replying to the other poster comment on the ''support'' thing. If Dev. execs wants games ported, devs. have to do so. And it wouldn't feel older if there weren't already a bunch of threads about this.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentVX

So what a developer told his opinion, this just doesn't mean 360 has won.zsc4

No, he is not telling his opinion, he is telling what most of his co-workers are saying plus his opinion

And "No", this doesn't mean the 360 has won.

mido275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mido275
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts

AgentVX

The 360 cant win the console war, cause it supports dead formats, DVD wont last much longer and HD DVD has already lost , due to the fact that there are atleast 10 times more blueray players out there than HD DVD players. (most of which r ps3's) MS decision to make HDDVD external was a bad one cause no one will buy it ( only 90 K were sold). Who wants an external drive that raises the price to the same as ps3. y not just get a ps3 and not deal with all that bulk ???????????????????????????????
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

mido275

The 360 cant win the console war, cause it supports dead formats, DVD wont last much longer and HD DVD has already lost , due to the fact that there are atleast 10 times more blueray players out there than HD DVD players. (most of which r ps3's) MS decision to make HDDVD external was a bad one cause no one will buy it ( only 90 K were sold). Who wants an external drive that raises the price to the same as ps3. y not just get a ps3 and not deal with all that bulk ???????????????????????????????

DVD dead? in your better dreams maybe
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ROLFCHANK

[QUOTE="ROLFCHANK"]that is allegedly ONE developer reporting his personal opinion and what he claims is the opinion of others. meaningless. he's probably right though.AgentVX

Well, it's a pretty big claim, and if he was stating something that was not correct, I am sure the EA would quickly have a rebuttal or correction on the issue.

But this doesn't surprise me one bit, it is a general fact that most developers like working better on the 360 than the PS3, and the PS3 numbers as of now are very disappointing. And there doesn't seem to be much improvement for the PS3 anytime soon.

I really hope the PS3 does well, competition is what drives companies to give us users better products and games at a cheaper price.

But I still wouldn't touch a PS3 for at least another year if I was looking at purchasing one.

i doubt they would retract this statement because they likely dont know about it. the guy was posting on a political message board. how would any execs at ea know about it? and the guy isnt necessarily even an actual developer. i could go post somewhere saying i was a developer for whatever company and say things like this. im sure developers are criticizing the ps3 and i dont intend to buy one at any point, but it is misleading to say "EA SAYS 360 WILL WIN" based on some post on a political site by some guy who claims to be a developer.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
Yeah Wii60 is the way to go.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgentVX

The 360 cant win the console war, cause it supports dead formats, DVD wont last much longer and HD DVD has already lost , due to the fact that there are atleast 10 times more blueray players out there than HD DVD players. (most of which r ps3's) MS decision to make HDDVD external was a bad one cause no one will buy it ( only 90 K were sold). Who wants an external drive that raises the price to the same as ps3. y not just get a ps3 and not deal with all that bulk ??????????????????????????????? mido275

And here I thought that people buy a video gaming console for games!!!  Wow, now I know better, they buy video game consoles to play movies on, Geessshhhh, now I feel stupid!!!!

:|

ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ROLFCHANK
anyone saying dvd is dead is seriously deluded. the dvd format got mainstream in what, the mid 1990s? and it didnt catch on until 2000 or so. and consider that it is FAR superior to video and that it had no competing format and it still took 5 or so years to really catch on. then consider that the jump from dvd to hd-dvd/blu ray is not nearly as drastic in terms of improvement of picture. etc as the jump from vhs to dvd and that there are two competing high def disc formats, and that hdtvs arent yet commonplace and it is rather apparent that dvd is far from dead. i have two hdtvs and have no intention of bothering with any high def movie format. honestly, regular old dvds on an upscaling player look great on my tv. high def discs would look better, but not enough to justify the cost of even a $200 add on for my 360 and certainly not 600 bucks for a ps3 or any of the standalone players.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentVX

i doubt they would retract this statement because they likely dont know about it. the guy was posting on a political message board. how would any execs at ea know about it? and the guy isnt necessarily even an actual developer. i could go post somewhere saying i was a developer for whatever company and say things like this. im sure developers are criticizing the ps3 and i dont intend to buy one at any point, but it is misleading to say "EA SAYS 360 WILL WIN" based on some post on a political site by some guy who claims to be a developer. ROLFCHANK

I didn't say "EA" said, I said "EA Developers" said.  Big difference.

I also posted the quote on what an EA developers said, saying that most of his co-workers agreed with the 360 winning the console wars.

As for you claim that he never wrote that, you just go with that if it makes you feel better!  Not that you couldn't be right, but that most likely your accusation is wrong.

Anyhoo!!!!

ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ROLFCHANK

[QUOTE="ROLFCHANK"] i doubt they would retract this statement because they likely dont know about it. the guy was posting on a political message board. how would any execs at ea know about it? and the guy isnt necessarily even an actual developer. i could go post somewhere saying i was a developer for whatever company and say things like this. im sure developers are criticizing the ps3 and i dont intend to buy one at any point, but it is misleading to say "EA SAYS 360 WILL WIN" based on some post on a political site by some guy who claims to be a developer. AgentVX

I didn't say "EA" said, I said "EA Developers" said. Big difference.

I also posted the quote on what an EA developers said, saying that most of his co-workers agreed with the 360 winning the console wars.

As for you claim that he never wrote that, you just go with that if it makes you feel better! Not that you couldn't be right, but that most likely your accusation is wrong.

Anyhoo!!!!

my point was, it could have been me posting and claiming to be that guy. it just isnt very solid and i dont see what the big hoo-ha is about. from what ive heard what he said seems to be the consensus among developers, but still, who knows who that poster really is.
Avatar image for volumetricCloud
volumetricCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 volumetricCloud
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
I think XBox 360 has a chance, definately.
VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

Now --

XtinctionAgenda

No surprises there. Does this mean Assassin's Creed will be crappy on the PS3?

Unless I am mistaken  AC is being made by UBISOFT in France.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

mido275

WOW! you actually think DVD is dead :lol: OMG talk about Cow damage control!

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="ROLFCHANK"] i doubt they would retract this statement because they likely dont know about it. the guy was posting on a political message board. how would any execs at ea know about it? and the guy isnt necessarily even an actual developer. i could go post somewhere saying i was a developer for whatever company and say things like this. im sure developers are criticizing the ps3 and i dont intend to buy one at any point, but it is misleading to say "EA SAYS 360 WILL WIN" based on some post on a political site by some guy who claims to be a developer. ROLFCHANK

I didn't say "EA" said, I said "EA Developers" said. Big difference.

As for you claim that he never wrote that, you just go with that if it makes you feel better! Not that you couldn't be right, but that most likely your accusation is wrong.

Anyhoo!!!!

my point was, it could have been me posting and claiming to be that guy. it just isnt very solid and i dont see what the big hoo-ha is about. from what ive heard what he said seems to be the consensus among developers, but still, who knows who that poster really is.

You have a point, and it's fair enough!!!  My opinion is that your wrong, or at least to the point that 'chances' are that your wrong.

I have also read many other articles with developers saying the same thing.

But this again doesn't mean the 360 will beat out the PS3, the public is a very fickle type, and within 2 years we shall know the answer if it's a one horse race, or a close race.

I don't even consider the Wii as a console that's in the race, it's an budget system for a different crowd, and has no bearing on the PS3 or 360, or more properly stated, it has little bearing on the 360/PS3 war.