EA Access coming to PS4.

#1 Posted by Ant_17 (12456 posts) -

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/7/18535236/ea-access-subscription-ps4-games-price-release-date

I swear they said it will never come...

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31020 posts) -

Good news, but I currently have 0 game subscriptions and I plan to keep it that way.

#3 Edited by jcrame10 (5066 posts) -

Least Xbox still has Gamepass. I believe it’s on sale for $1 until May 15 too.

#4 Posted by Litchie (23886 posts) -

@jcrame10: I've played Sea of Thieves like a motherfucker, and all I've paid is 3 bucks for 5 months of gamepass. Lulz

#5 Posted by Vaidream45 (1904 posts) -

Lol EA....lol...

#6 Posted by jcrame10 (5066 posts) -

@Litchie: right, I keep buying every time they’ve had a deal. I got Xbox live $2 for 2 months and gamepass $2 for 2 months

#7 Posted by AJStyles (834 posts) -

LOL

Lems taking another L.

Lems crying tears.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13625 posts) -

@ajstyles: Claiming victory over a subscription service by the worth publisher in the industry? Wow.

#9 Posted by XVision84 (16038 posts) -

It's EA, couldn't care less.

#10 Edited by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

That's awesome, but how's it going to work with stuff like Skate 3, Fight Night Champion and Mass Effect? I thought that PS3 backwards compatibility wasn't possible on the PS4. 🤔 Is there a games list out yet?

#11 Posted by iambatman7986 (2787 posts) -

I thought Sony did not see the value in EA Access? Oh well, another service I will not subscribe to. EA has been garbage this gen.

#12 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

Trash EA is trash.

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (33403 posts) -

EA, no thanks.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#14 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3164 posts) -

It’s a good deal and if you like shooters or sports games, it’s a no brainer.

#15 Posted by DaVillain- (36549 posts) -

About time Sony gets with the times. Let customers decide for themselves what's good value and to me, I been satisfied with EA Origin service in my experience.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#16 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4637 posts) -

Playstation 4 could have gone its whole life without this service, and no one would have ever missed it. But, more options is good I guess.

#17 Posted by ProtossRushX (5352 posts) -

Lol Ea Acess Terrible service

#18 Posted by xHedon (188 posts) -

Wait, I thought cows said they never wanted EA Pass to begin with. All of a sudden, an about face and now they do? ROFL>

#19 Edited by Shewgenja (21451 posts) -

@xhedon: Funny post, considering there's like maybe two people in this thread even pretending that EA Access is worth a damn after it was hype trained when it was announced for the XBone.

Let's be real here. This is probably just a part of some marketing package between EA and Sony gearing up for PS5 software. This is cyclical business. Platform companies hold the leverage when a generation gets underway and publishers have the leverage when generations are about to begin.

#20 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

Ok

#21 Posted by BassMan (10200 posts) -

Good for PS players. I used to have EA access on X1, but now I have Origin Access Premier on PC.

#22 Posted by xHedon (188 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

@xhedon: Funny post, considering there's like maybe two people in this thread even pretending that EA Access is worth a damn after it was hype trained when it was announced for the XBone.

Let's be real here. This is probably just a part of some marketing package between EA and Sony gearing up for PS5 software. This is cyclical business. Platform companies hold the leverage when a generation gets underway and publishers have the leverage when generations are about to begin.

Yup, indeed. I knew it was eventually coming to the Bore, but it was a little longer than I anticipated. It has a lot to do with the games as a service strategy that Sony is now all excited about now.

#23 Posted by Shewgenja (21451 posts) -

@xhedon: GaaS has been a thing for Sony for a while. Planetside 2 says hi.

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (36557 posts) -

It’s a good value for their customers now.

#25 Posted by rmiller365 (786 posts) -

If it where free I still wouldn't waste the HD space for it, and I have a 4TB. That's how much value I give to EA's games.

#26 Posted by Zero_epyon (13239 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

Pretty much this. I wonder if Activision will go back to MS next gen?

#27 Posted by VFighter (4910 posts) -

I'll pass.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (36557 posts) -

How are last gen games going to play since PS3 BC doesn’t exist outside streaming?

#29 Posted by watercrack445 (1563 posts) -

I'll try it out for a month. I don't know if they give you a free month or no before billing you but I'm going to assume that its going to to be free for a month. Will use it to play mass effect adromeda.

#30 Posted by jeezers (2852 posts) -

So Sony rejects crossplay with microsoft and Nintendo and decides to partner up with the most evil barbarian in the industry.

Sounds about right

#31 Edited by NoodleFighter (10249 posts) -

@Litchie said:

@jcrame10: I've played Sea of Thieves like a motherfucker, and all I've paid is 3 bucks for 5 months of gamepass. Lulz

Hot damn I think I'll hop on that deal for the upcoming Gears Of War 5

#32 Posted by lamprey263 (36114 posts) -

I am pretty much done with this service myself over lack of support in updating Vault, they have some good games but at this point I own most I'd want to keep playing.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#33 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1464 posts) -

First I thought cows hated EA Access until now it's coming to PS4 by this July then they will love it? lol?

#34 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

@rmiller365 said:

If it where free I still wouldn't waste the HD space for it, and I have a 4TB. That's how much value I give to EA's games.

Same. They have nothing that I want. I subscribed to it for a short time to try out Anthem on PC and cancelled my subscription after I realized they didn't have anything worth shit.

#35 Edited by Daredevils2k (2040 posts) -

yuck, keep that crap away from my precious ps4. if any one needs it the most it's XBOX1< it has no good games :(

#36 Edited by commander (15375 posts) -

Ea access does have the benefit that it lets you play certain game before release, like fifa :)

#37 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1237 posts) -

And nothing of value was gained.

#38 Edited by Syn_Valence (1783 posts) -

Can i play Fight night champion and old mass effects with this?

#39 Posted by PSP107 (17470 posts) -

@BassMan said:

I used to have EA access on X1, but now I have Origin Access Premier on PC.

What's the difference?

@Syn_Valence said:

Can i play Fight night champion with this?

EA should make another Fight Night.

#40 Edited by BassMan (10200 posts) -

@PSP107 said:
@BassMan said:

I used to have EA access on X1, but now I have Origin Access Premier on PC.

What's the difference?

@Syn_Valence said:

Can i play Fight night champion with this?

EA should make another Fight Night.

Origin Access is the equivalent of EA Access, but PC only. If you subscribe to the Premier tier, you get unrestricted access to the deluxe versions of releases at launch. You do not have to wait for the games to be added to the vault. It is similar to what MS is doing with Xbox Game Pass and first party titles. What I would like EA to do is unify the service so you can play on your platform of choice and offer the Premier tier to everybody.

#41 Edited by DaVillain- (36549 posts) -

I failed to see how folks here claim Cows hated the idea of EA Access when it was Sony who said no from the start? Unless Cows actually hated EA in general, then I can understand.

#42 Posted by xantufrog (11374 posts) -

No paid a service for me, thnx

#43 Posted by Ten_Pints (3796 posts) -

While I would never use it, Sony should be allowing more third party stores to sell the things they refuse to sell.

#44 Posted by Star67 (4405 posts) -

While I'll never use it, this is a step in the right direction.

If consoles are going to move to an all digital future, there are going to have to be multiple stores to be able to buy and download games. I don't want to be forced to buy from one store.