Duke Nukem Forever, 360 exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

09Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 09Nick
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

xboxevolved.e-mpire.com has quoted their source, that's allegedly close to Microsoft, saying that the game will launch exclusively for XboX360, and will thus probably be published by Microsoft. They also claim that it's quite likely that we will see the launch in the following year.

The site claims that Duke is developed on the UT3 engine, the same one that Gears of War 1 and 2 use, which would support their claim that the game is XboX360 exclusive. Furthermore, the screens from this game are thus not PC screenshots, but rather XboX360 ones

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9765&Itemid=1

Hermits about to lose their biggest game?, megaton if true and another nail in the coffin for PC gaming...if true. Start worrying hermits, this is like FFXIII jumping ship to Xbox 360 and Square scrapping the PS3 version.

It's that big.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
The only gameplay on the entire game has been shown on a PC being played with KB+Mouse. So much for that rumor.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Biggest game :| are you freaking kidding?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This is PC first, no doubt about it.

They wouldn't BURN all those fans away.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

The site claims that Duke is developed on the UT3 engine, the same one that Gears of War 1 and 2 use, which would support their claim that the game is XboX360 exclusive. Furthermore, the screens from this game are thus not PC screenshots, but rather XboX360 ones

Lol at thier reasoning. UT3 used the UT3 Engine (obviously, PS3/X360/PC) but they failed to mention that game yet mention gears of war :lol: , oh and because screenshots are from the 360 version it's going to be exclusive? When the only gameplay vid is on PC? Using thier logic it's going to be a PC exclusive ....because both the UT3 engine and the gameplay vid come from that one ..

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts

ye my uncle who knws someone who knows a dogs whose owner is a cleaner at ms heard a binman talk about duke being exclusive to the wii, and that person heard it from a guy who works for 3drealms who also heard it from a ant that happened to walk around the floor of the building.

end\

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It's using a modified Unreal 2.5

/thread

Italiano_Medio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Italiano_Medio
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Duke Nukem is a game for what console?
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Were never going to see the game so whatever.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
WHo cares if duke nukem is exclusive.
Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts
I don't think 3D Realms master plan to recoup all the money sunk into this project is to release it to just one platform, let alone one console platform. If it was exclusive at all (which I don't think it will be) it would be a PC exclusive.
division_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 division_9
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts

ye my uncle who knws someone who knows a dogs whose owner is a cleaner at ms heard a binman talk about duke being exclusive to the wii, and that person heard it from a guy who works for 3drealms who also heard it from a ant that happened to walk around the floor of the building.

end\

superjim42

Really?, I heard the exact same thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Sony told me they don't want it.
Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
I dont think this game will ever see the light of day personally...It's been Vapourware for so long now I dont think anyone cares anymore...
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
Duke Nukem Forever, vaporware exclusive?
blaaah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blaaah
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

I once read a topic about why people come to System Wars. One of the reasons was because you can get news faster here than anywhere else.

Is this what you people call news...random information about games cited from unnamed employees of a company?

Gee, I'm going to start my own video game blog and start posting all kinds of garbage and cite an anonymous sources.

"Sources close to Microsoft say MGS4 coming to SNES"

"Sources close to Nintendo say a possible buyout of Microsoft is in the works"

NEWS!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidTy

I once read a topic about why people come to System Wars. One of the reasons was because you can get news faster here than anywhere else.

Is this what you people call news...random information about games cited from unnamed employees of a company?

Gee, I'm going to start my own video game blog and start posting all kinds of garbage and cite an anonymous sources.

"Sources close to Microsoft say MGS4 coming to SNES"

"Sources close to Nintendo say a possible buyout of Microsoft is in the works"

NEWS!

blaaah

Can I blog that?...if you aren't gonna....that's some sweet news right thar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

SolidTy
We should just send it to kotaku. They'll post it. :o
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Jandurin

lol...yeah, they tend to jump the gun, alot. Thank god for their edit section.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Jandurin

rofl, they post a lot of crap over there

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

Their evidence consists of the fact that it is using the unreal engine. That is the worst evidence for any claim in the history of the universe (mild exaggeration). UE3 is one of the most popular engines for big budget games, lots and lots of games use it, games exclusive to the Xbox 360, exclusive to the PS3 and exclusive to PC, even some Wii games use an unreal engine.

Maybe DNF (if it ever comes out) will make it's way to consoles as well (which ever gen it is when it finally gets finished) but there's no way it willnot be on the PC, that's 3D Realms' home.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts

xboxevolved.e-mpire.com has quoted their source, that's allegedly close to Microsoft, saying that the game will launch exclusively for XboX360, and will thus probably be published by Microsoft. They also claim that it's quite likely that we will see the launch in the following year.

Hermits about to lose their biggest game?, megaton if true and another nail in the coffin for PC gaming...if true. Start worrying hermits, this like FFXIII jumping ship to Xbox 360 and Square scrapping the PS3 version.

It's that big.

09Nick
WOW, how delusional can one lemmings be, If you think the biggest joke in video game history being a 360 exclusive is relevant in any way, you are sorely mistaken
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
You know spore was a long time coming and score wise disappointed. Even with over a decade of work this game is still going to suck. Duke sold because for it's time it was edgy, now it's just another shooter with some jerk character.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Dam, that means no n64 version?
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

:lol: @ this being the hermit's biggest game. I hope you were joking.

I lost all faith in this game being released. 3D Realms most likely don't have the team they did when it was announced and they haven't done **** in years.

They're a joke now. A big fat joke.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

You know spore was a long time coming and score wise disappointed. Even with over a decade of work this game is still going to suck. Duke sold because for it's time it was edgy, now it's just another shooter with some jerk character.DeliriumGlo
It still features exceptional level design, something most shooters lack. Duke sold for it's edge, but also because it was the best shooter of it's time.

How do you know this "will" suck? What is your gurantee?

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

I hope if it does come out it will be as good if not better than Duke3d, but I have a feeling it won't.

I hope they stick with what made the game, a good fun shooter not like half the shooters today with there heads stuck up there ar$es trying too over complicate things and messing up the fundementals of a shooter.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
All these deniers are dumb. Everybody loves the recently released Duke 3D on the 360, just check out the boards here.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I doubt if it ever launched they could afford to put it out on one console alone, I really don't see how there going to profit from it at all, it's crazy how long it's been in the making.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

Hermits about to lose their biggest game?, megaton if true and another nail in the coffin for PC gaming...if true. Start worrying hermits, this is like FFXIII jumping ship to Xbox 360 and Square scrapping the PS3 version.

It's that big.

09Nick

3DRealms is like Valve and Blizzard and Relic, they will always be PC centric. Then you wil still have ompanies like Bethesda and even Bioware, who will always support the PC in the very least. For Duke, The fanbase is on PC with a mixture on 360 as well for all of us PC gamers that also own 360's

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

All these deniers are dumb. Everybody loves the recently released Duke 3D on the 360, just check out the boards here.Baranga

the popularity on 360 is due in large part because many PC Gamers also have 360's, it's why so many PC titles/Franchises do well on 360. Imo, the fact that most PC gamers lean towards to the 360 instead of the PS3 is a major factor in gettings games like Duke3D, which I bought the second it came out. Most PC peeps I know play on console as well as PC, almost all of them, and that's a good thing.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
[QUOTE="superjim42"]

end\

division_9

Really?, I heard the exact same thing.

no way u heard it too? so we both heard the same RUMOUR which means we just ended this thread which was based on RUMOUR to begin with

end\

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Lol at thier reasoning. UT3 used the UT3 Engine (obviously, PS3/X360/PC) but they failed to mention that game yet mention gears of war :lol: , oh and because screenshots are from the 360 version it's going to be exclusive? When the only gameplay vid is on PC? Using thier logic it's going to be a PC exclusive ....because both the UT3 engine and the gameplay vid come from that one ..

Espada12

I like 360 and all, but its so obviously NOT a 360 exclusive. I mean its a PC game at heart, and made for PC from ground up. It could be ported to 360, but its also been confirmed that they aren't using UE3 anymore, they built their own parts from ground up so it could function the way they wanted it to. Using UE3 was old news. right away that states 'fail' for this thread.