DRAGONBORN!!!! Can Skyrim Pumble Uncharted and Mass Effect? What's Your Call?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Firstly, im just gonna assume you all saw the amazing new gameplay trailer for Skyrim.... in fact today, you are probably tired of all the skyrim hyping threads. Yeah, well that wont stop me.....cus today i love hyping Skyrim!!!

But see that is what surprises me....I did not expect this game to blow me away the way it did. It has set a new bar for the other games this year I think...in my personal opinion no other title has yet proven they can be more epic than this game. I am sure they could be, but they have to prove it to me!

But i digress.....I find when it all comes down to it, Mass Effect, Uncharted, and Skyrim are going to be the very definition of saving the best for last....they are probably the three most hyped up games of the year (for better or worse) and will be the three games most likely to be stealing the GOTY show.

Question is, which one is hyping you up better? That may be cruel to make you decide, but factof matter is its very very likely all three of these games are November titles and will be duking it out....which will stand as the winner, in your prediction? Its tough call, but just make a logical prediction.

As a side note, I state this topic the way I do because Skyrim has some incredible competiton. Oblivion was arguably the best RPG known to man but has also been out of the spotlight for a long time. I dont think pure nostalgia for Oblivion is going to help Skyrim beat ME3 and Uncharted. However, its trailer certainly proves theres more to the game than nostalgic value!

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Story/telling is what helps define ME and UC....something that all TES games lacked.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Uncharted 3 for sure, probably Mass Effect 3, and hell no for Skyrim.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Uncharted 3 is the one I am hyping the most easily. That said Skyrim is shaping u to be something special no doubt, and I am hoping they deliver with it, cause Oblivion was not that great IMO. ME I still need to play (1 and 2) so I cant really pass judgement on 3.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

ME3 is by far my most looked forward to game. Uncharted and Skyrim are high up there though.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Mass Effect 3 is my top pick. Skyrim is second, i loved Oblivion, but it beat it pretty quick so eh. Uncharted looks cool, but i didn't enjoy the second all that much .
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ms555

Uncharted 3 is the one I am hyping the most easily. That said Skyrim is shaping u to be something special no doubt, and I am hoping they deliver with it, cause Oblivion was not that great IMO. ME I still need to play (1 and 2) so I cant really pass judgement on 3.

NaveedLife
you better jump on the Mass Effect bandwagon, cus ur really missing out.....but thats just my opinion......u know, i agree with ur Oblivion comment a bit, I played it and didnt get the same sense of enjoyment i thought i would, but that was also because i first touched it last year and the engine used in Oblivion is extremely dated and unimpressive now. But that is also why i was so blown away by Skyrim. When fallout 3 got a sequel, it looked exactly the same! On the contrary here, Skyrim looks like not just a sequel but a total overhaul of epic proportions....despite my lack of care for Oblivion a bit, I am more than happy to hype Skyrim.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

I hate Oblivion with a passion so for me personally no.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
ME3>BF3>Skyrim>U3 Thats how i see it but i can't wait for them all :P
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Well, I am fully expecting it to be the one game to rule them all for me this year. With maybe the exception of Dark Souls, which I think will be right up there for me as well. The bottom line is that this is The Elder Scrolls, and I know that it is guaranteed to give me hundreds of hours of enjoyment and I will still be going back to play it years from now. That is not something I can say for most games and that is what sets this series apart for me.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 will be the games that'll end up scoring more, selling more. Thus being more critically acclaimed titles.

I'm sure Skyrim will be great though........just not UC3 or ME3 great :D

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts
I like a game that offer's hundreds of hours worth of content.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ms555
ME3>BF3>Skyrim>U3 Thats how i see it but i can't wait for them all :Pwalkingdream
I ACTUALLY COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU.....well, maybe i would put BF3 as the fourth title, i dont see BF3 as better than the other three but will be a game to get for sure! I am a hardcore ME fan, cant help myself......so just like being a New Yorker obliges me to like the Yankees, being an ME lover obliges me to like ME3 more than anything, haha
v61k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 v61k
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

What does pumble mean?

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ms555
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 will be the games that'll end up scoring more, selling more. Thus being more critically acclaimed titles.

I'm sure Skyrim will be great though........just not UC3 or ME3 great :D

its honestly a good year to be a PS3 owner, cus u can own all three of those orgasmic titles on the same console now...that is where the Mass Effect porting really pays off
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
uncharted 3 as im not really a fan of wrpgs..
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Never played Mass Effect, but I'll be getting UC3 and Skyrim.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23055 Posts

I ussually dont resond to templars, being an assassin and all, :) but in this case, my answer is yes, it will crush Uncharted and NO it cant touch Mass Effect. obviously all opinion based.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ms555

I ussually dont resond to templars, being an assassin and all, :) but in this case, my answer is yes, it will crush Uncharted and NO it cant touch Mass Effect. obviously all opinion based.

TheEroica
keep talking like that and I might just have to encage you in an animus till you bleed! JK, yea i feel same as you though assassini
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Skyrim, I say this after playing oblivion consistently since launch, ME3 and UC3 will be good for about a month or two but Skyrim will keep on giving for a good year or 2. I hear people saying that srory wise Elder scrolls games arent that engrossing which is true but to me the sheer amount of content, exploration side quests ( Dark brotherhood questline) is what will make Skyrim memorable

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
[QUOTE="walkingdream"]ME3>BF3>Skyrim>U3 Thats how i see it but i can't wait for them all :P

IF the arrows point from worst to best, you're spot on ;)
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ms555
[QUOTE="walkingdream"]ME3>BF3>Skyrim>U3 Thats how i see it but i can't wait for them all :PMozelleple112

i think we can mostly all agree that the four games will be the most powerful titles this xmas....i have no lack of respect for Gears and Batman but these four are the ones that matter i think....but i think of the four BF3 is the weakest only in respect to which of the four will most likely not win GOTY
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23055 Posts
[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="walkingdream"]ME3>BF3>Skyrim>U3 Thats how i see it but i can't wait for them all :Pms555

i think we can mostly all agree that the four games will be the most powerful titles this xmas....i have no lack of respect for Gears and Batman but these four are the ones that matter i think....but i think of the four BF3 is the weakest only in respect to which of the four will most likely not win GOTY

Dont underestimate Gears, templar... batman will do just fine as well.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="Mozelleple112"] IF the arrows point from worst to best, you're spot on ;)TheEroica

Dont underestimate Gears, templar... batman will do just fine as well.

You better hold your tongue, assassini! Gears will be great but definitley wont be the GOTY winner, simply because games like that just never win. If batman isnt in the running for GOTY this year, i will be very surprised. Batman will do great im sure! Only those two titles are just not in the same league as BF3, ME3, Skyrim, and UC3....i meanbatman reaks with quality but just it doesnt have the advantage of being an incredibly well established franchise like the other four do, ya know?

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Skyrim, but I'm an avid TES fan. I enjoyed ME1, but never got ME2, and only scarcly played UC1, so my vote is slightly biased.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
I'm most excited for Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3. Mass Effect 3 I will wait for until 2012. I love bioware games, I held off on the first two Mass Effects because they announced it as a trilogy. I don't do well with cliff hangers.. So I will play all three on my PC in order sometime next year. Bliss.
Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

After that trailer, Skyrim became my most anticipated game. Mass Effect 3 isn't too far behind.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

After the new trailer, I'm pumped for Skyrim.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ms555
I'm most excited for Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3. Mass Effect 3 I will wait for until 2012. I love bioware games, I held off on the first two Mass Effects because they announced it as a trilogy. I don't do well with cliff hangers.. So I will play all three on my PC in order sometime next year. Bliss.madmidnight
well ME games sort of had cliffhangers, but they were very well done and very easy to accept... because the two endings both suggested the story wasnt over and more was to come, but also the main problem in the games plot was always solved in the end anyways. Do yourself a favor, tomorrow go to Best buy and pick the two games up.....you will be paying fourty bucks for two of the greatest games this gen
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Skyrim will easily beat ME3 and UC3, which have sequels every 1-2 years , while Skyrim is a true evolution.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Skyrim will easily beat ME3 and UC3, which have sequels every 1-2 years , while Skyrim is a true evolution.

Jankarcop

You mispelled illusion with evolution.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ms555

Jankarcop
but both of the games are just trilogies, they dont have like yealy installments or anything....both of them only had two titles released thus far, skyrim has had many more and if u count fallout, bethesda basically releases an RPG every year or so almost
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Skyrim, hell I'll call Skyrim GOTY right now. But I'm a TES fanboy (I even changed my steam name to Dovahkiin).

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I'm not interested in Skyrim and UC3 is way better than ME3 as a TPS game.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
Pumble Uncharted and Mass Effect? Why pick games not even in the same genure? Shouldn't you have said Dragon Age 2 and Fable 3 instead of an action adventure and shooter?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ms555
Pumble Uncharted and Mass Effect? Why pick games not even in the same genure? Shouldn't you have said Dragon Age 2 and Fable 3 instead of an action adventure and shooter?Shielder7
why would I? those two games have no relevance to the fact that these three games are basically all coming out in about November, are highly anticipated, have 100% chances of being GOTY contenders, and it will be interesting to see which one turns out the best....comparing Skyrim to other games by genres is for another day
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

ME3 or Skyrim. Wasn't impressed by UC2.

xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xsatyr86
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

There are many games I would rather play than Uncharted 2.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]Pumble Uncharted and Mass Effect? Why pick games not even in the same genure? Shouldn't you have said Dragon Age 2 and Fable 3 instead of an action adventure and shooter?ms555
why would I? those two games have no relevance to the fact that these three games are basically all coming out in about November, are highly anticipated, have 100% chances of being GOTY contenders, and it will be interesting to see which one turns out the best....comparing Skyrim to other games by genres is for another day

Because your comairing apples and oranges at leat pick other RPGs like Project Dark for Skyrim to beat not Shooters..........
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

tonitorsi

You mispelled illusion with evolution.

Speaking strictly fact based, the difference from Oblivion - Skyrim is considerably larger than the difference from ME1-ME2 or UC1-UC2.

This is speaking gfx and gameplay.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I'm really excited for all 3 and probably will end up getting them all.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Story/telling is what helps define ME and UC....something that all TES games lacked.

Gamerz1569
...wah? um one of the high points of elder scrolls series was its story and narative...
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

Oblivion was a snorefest-

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#44 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I'm more hyped for Uncharted 3, because I'm sure it will be about as good as Uncharted 2. Whereas I have huge doubts with Skyrim, but if by some miracle they actually hit all the right notes...Uncharted might as well not even exist.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#45 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Skyrim is going to DESTROY ERYTHANG!!!

Mass Defect 2 was proof that BioWare just want to move on from the RPG genre entirely. I'm not ruling out Mass Effect 3 by any means. BioWare may come to their senses and make a good sequel. I don't hate ME2 but it felt like ME1 with a mid-life crisis.

But man oh man, I see Skyrim taking the cake in November. Bethesda do not disappoint. Between Dark Souls and Skyrim I doubt I'm going to be playing anything else for a long, long time. These are RPGs in their truest and purest forms. I don't see Uncharted 3 or Mass Effect 3 doing anything to stop Bethesda's upcoming game from stealing the show, barring a delay to 2012, of course.

ethanradd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ethanradd
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

Skyrim > ME3 > U3, thats how I feel it unfolding, ..on a side note, did they say when they are releasing Dark Souls?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NeonNinja

Skyrim > ME3 > U3, thats how I feel it unfolding, ..on a side note, did they say when they are releasing Dark Souls?

ethanradd

Still on a TBA 2011 schedule. I just hope it doesn't release near Skyrim. I want both, but I'd hate to have to choose.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

I can't believe people are getting so excited about Elder Scrolls 4.5...

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#49 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

For me

Skyrim>Uncharted 3>Mass Effect 3

I haven't played Mass Effect yet so that is why it is last. Although, I loved the demo, so I wouldn't count it out when I do get my hands on it.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NeonNinja

I can't believe people are getting so excited about Elder Scrolls 4.5...

DerpyMcDerp

CIassy. Adding the .5 at the end.

A brand new game built around a new engine with a bunch of gameplay variety shown in the trailer is 4.5. I take it you're not an Elder Scrolls fan.