NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

https://www.techradar.com/news/an-xbox-series-x-redesign-isnt-coming-out-anytime-soon-microsoft-confirms

Speaking on the 500th episode of Podcast Unlocked, Spencer said: “There’s nothing that’s going to come out next year that’s going to make you feel like, oh, I should have waited. These are the consoles that [we will] have in the markets for years. And we built them with that in mind, and I love the tech that's in there and that capability, and that’s where our focus is going.”

That's a shame because spec wise XSX is already struggling to run games at 60fps with the recent news that the console version of Flight Simulator will cap at 30fps.

Couple that with its overheating issues that will turn your house into cloud of smoke and it is clear this console was rushed to market.

Disappointing to hear Microsoft doesn't view it as a priority to fix the XSX's shortcomings and potential safety and health hazards.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40008 Posts

Dunno, the build quality is what excels the most on the X. I wouldn't waste time making a slim version and instead focus on games that the system has never even tasted as of yet.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NathanDrakeSwag

@hardwenzen said:

Dunno, the build quality is what excels the most on the X. I wouldn't waste time making a slim version and instead focus on games that the system has never even tasted as of yet.

They have 23 studios who all happen to be on a 2026+ release schedule at the same time. So there's no hope for Xbox to have games this gen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40008 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

They have 23 studios who all happen to be on a 2026+ release schedule at the same time. So there's no hope for Xbox to have games this gen.

Its tragic, i know. Simply put, its not "ok" having this many studios, and all you've given us is Starfield that is a year and a half from launch (which we all know is gonna be delayed) and "3 years after The Elder Scrolls 6 was announced, Todd Howard is thinking about making it" Its just not ok. Microsoft needs to try harder because Sony needs actual competition.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

The overheating is nonexistent and the smoke is from idiots vaping into the fan. And to top this thread off, the Series X is housing 3 more teraflops than the PS5.

Stop. Posting.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag

@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its tragic, i know. Simply put, its not "ok" having this many studios, and all you've given us is Starfield that is a year and a half from launch (which we all know is gonna be delayed) and "3 years after The Elder Scrolls 6 was announced, Todd Howard is thinking about making it" Its just not ok. Microsoft needs to try harder because Sony needs actual competition.

I made a thread about ES6 being a decade away and lemmings derailed it. They are shooting the messengers instead of questioning Microsoft as to why not one out of 23 studios has something near ready to release.

It's always Forza and Halo and literally nothing else from this company. Some of these dudes seem content until waiting until their reflexes are long gone before Microsoft releases a game. At what point do we start questioning the GP business model as being the issue. They own too many studios for their not to be an underlying cause as to why they have no games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6261 Posts

Which GPU around the cost of XSX can run flight sim at 60fps?

What does the best looking game so far run on PS5?

Must hurt alot to trigger the number of references to it.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

I made a thread about ES6 being a decade away and lemmings derailed it. They are shooting the messengers instead of questioning Microsoft as to why not one out of 23 studios has something near ready to release.

It's always Forza and Halo and literally nothing else from this company. Some of these dudes seem content until waiting until their reflexes are long gone before Microsoft releases a game. At what point do we start questioning the GP business model as being the issue. They own too many studios for their not to be an underlying cause as to why they have no games.

One of those studios has a 'banger' out in 4 months.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46718 Posts

They should cut off the top half and paint it purple:

to compensate for the reduced size, they should opt for a mini-DVD drive instead.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@theam0g: have a link to back the claim you pulled from your backside?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

What a lame troll thread. You and your butty buddy Solid_Game_Basic really need to go back to work.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

They don't need to redesign it. The PS5 however... Gotta wait for the Slim version.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45603 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

They don't need to redesign it. The PS5 however... Gotta wait for the Slim version.

Yea, the PS5 definitely needs a slim version lmao. The XSX is pretty compact, but boring.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56564 Posts

I really don't expect Series X to get a redesign at all...if ever cause the default design is more than enough, and it does the job of keeping the system cool. Even the Series S doesn't need such a redesign and yet, the Series S was smaller than I expected it to be. Always forget it's there lol.

MS explained that beforehand they designed consoles with the most power possible and they would then wait for die shrinks to make slimmer consoles at lower prices. Today, that isn't really feasible, shrinking the die size no longer makes the device that much cheaper to manufacture. For more GPU power, they needed to put more transistors than ever and as a result the Series X consumes the most electricity of any Xbox they've made, which is why it's so huge. Series S consumes a lot less power on the same node size, because they cut the GPU power by almost a factor of 3. I also don't think we'll see mid-generation refreshes this time. PS5? Hard to say but that default design isn't all that bad.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13135 Posts

Smart move Phil. Xbox Series X is the most powerful, most reliable and best quality next gen system with the most games, best games and great community of gamers.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9851 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Cows are so desperate they end up bare face lying. This is past embarrassing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44328 Posts

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I'm fine with that, the PS5 on the other hand I won't buy one until they do a redesign.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/an-xbox-series-x-redesign-isnt-coming-out-anytime-soon-microsoft-confirms

Speaking on the 500th episode of Podcast Unlocked, Spencer said: “There’s nothing that’s going to come out next year that’s going to make you feel like, oh, I should have waited. These are the consoles that [we will] have in the markets for years. And we built them with that in mind, and I love the tech that's in there and that capability, and that’s where our focus is going.”

That's a shame because spec wise XSX is already struggling to run games at 60fps with the recent news that the console version of Flight Simulator will cap at 30fps.

Couple that with its overheating issues that will turn your house into cloud of smoke and it is clear this console was rushed to market.

Disappointing to hear Microsoft doesn't view it as a priority to fix the XSX's shortcomings and potential safety and health hazards.

That's how they're selling out. Xboxes keep burning up and people buy replacements. It's xbox 360 and RROD all over again.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44711 Posts

I’m perfectly fine with this myself. Would have liked something that was designed like the Xbox One S|X but the Xbox Series X has a decent and compact look to it as well. As for the specs they look and sound quite sufficient to me for the price it’s selling for.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4694 Posts

I see the TC has run out of stuff to falsely claim against Xbox so he instead is scraping the bottom of the barrel and recycling ones that were disproved at launch

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44328 Posts

@regnaston said:

I see the TC has run out of stuff to falsely claim against Xbox so he instead is scraping the bottom of the barrel and recycling ones that were disproved at launch

Yep, Heil68 is running on empty these dayzzz...

lol :P

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29835 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

They should cut off the top half and paint it purple:

to compensate for the reduced size, they should opt for a mini-DVD drive instead.

lol, I loved the Cube. One of my favorites of all time.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29835 Posts

I personally like the XSX design. I think the PS5 is fugly, but then again, It's not like I bought either one as an art display.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70683 Posts

The smallest next gen console needs a redesign...😂🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

So the XSX is struggling with "games", because one highly demanding "game" on PC resources, runs at 30fps on Xbox, the XSX needs a re-design... :-S

I think it's the fat ugly PS5 you need to worry about getting redesigned.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

They ALWAYS do that when we call MS out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46718 Posts

@clone01: Yup, I love everything about Gamecube. The size, the shape, that handle which makes it easier for transportation.

The mini-DVD, which was too tiny to fit a lot of games so third party took issue with it.

A lot of the games on Gamecube are Nintendo at its finest. N64 innovated 3D, GameCube perfected it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sealionact

@wonderwinner: Nobody is calling ms out. What cows are doing here is literally spinning absolute bullshit because they are desperately trying to find any negative….even if it’s a bare face lie.

No, Xbox’s are not turning into smoking piles of overheating meltdown.

And no….Xbox series x is not selling out because of rrod type faults.

No, the next first party games are not 2026.

No, ms is not just releasing Halo and Forza.

I mean there’s trolling, and there’s the depths that you and your like have fallen to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@sealionact said:

@wonderwinner: Nobody is calling ms out. What cows are doing here is literally spinning absolute bullshit because they are desperately trying to find any negative….even if it’s a bare face lie.

No, Xbox’s are not turning into smoking piles of overheating meltdown.

And no….Xbox series x is not selling out because of rrod type faults.

No, the next first party games are not 2026.

No, ms is not just releasing Halo and Forza.

I mean there’s trolling, and there’s the depths that you and your like have fallen to.

Nice meltdown.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@wonderwinner: You got rekt son. 😂

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5561 Posts

Great news considering mine just got delivered yesterday. Also the vapor chamber and cooling solution is pretty solid on the Series X.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34811 Posts

Get in thread.
Say stupid shit.
Get owned.
Tell people they're triggered or having a meltdown.
Leave.

The way of the Sony fan.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact

@wonderwinner: …. and the standard response from trolls like you who cant back up their silly claims.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Y'all know that image was faked, right?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

I wonder if you've been spouting this nonsense for so long that you actually started thinking it's true lol. I hope sony pays you good money for what you do because if not, well then you are just 1 sad individual.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkangel115
@Litchie said:

Get in thread.

Say stupid shit.

Get owned.

Tell people they're triggered or having a meltdown.

Leave.

The way of the Sony fan.

it's really just the 1 user. not all sony fans are village idiots.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NathanDrakeSwag

@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

I wonder if you've been spouting this nonsense for so long that you actually started thinking it's true lol. I hope sony pays you good money for what you do because if not, well then you are just 1 sad individual.

So what first party games has Microsoft released this gen?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkangel115

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Your thought process is so outdated you should go back to arguing nintendo vs sega back when gens are a thing. Doesn't surprise me though, Sony is stuck in the past and so are many of their fans. You keep doing you, all it does is make sony worse and worse as times go on. they won't adapt or get better because their fans will eat up whatever nonsense and even champion their brand all for free.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag

@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your thought process is so outdated you should go back to arguing nintendo vs sega back when gens are a thing. Doesn't surprise me though, Sony is stuck in the past and so are many of their fans. You keep doing you, all it does is make sony worse and worse as times go on. they won't adapt or get better because their fans will eat up whatever nonsense and even champion their brand all for free.

That's a lot of words to say none lol.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkangel115

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

pretty much your whole posting career :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You got REKT son. 😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You got REKT son. 😂

The sign of a lemming getting destroyed is when you come in to comfort them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Your desperation is more entertaining that you realize. 😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:

I asked a simple question and it triggered you into typing a wall of text that didn't answer it lol.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6858 Posts

Eh, no need. Now that I finally got one, I can appreciate it's simple, smaller form factor. I still think the PS5 looks better, but can admit it's a whooper.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkangel115

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@darkangel115 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I asked a simple question and it triggered you into typing a wall of text that didn't answer it lol.

lol sure i'm triggered cause i'm the one shit talking an entire company 24/7 on a dumb forum. Microsofts entire existence triggers you buddy. take a look in the mirror :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Pedro said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You got REKT son. 😂

He's been trying to get my attention for days now, it's getting sad. Here, Pedro, have a cookie.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Series X doesn't need a redesign, it already looks good and it's size is fine.

The travesty that is the PS5 though, that's a face in need of a makeover...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@sealionact said:

@wonderwinner: …. and the standard response from trolls like you who cant back up their silly claims.

The meltdown continues.