Do you want the next-gen to start ??

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Rexer-i4
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

So E3 is coming and I think that we all almost sure that there are no plans from MS or Sony to announce their next-gen system at least till 2013, And Ninty is promoting its upcoming system that according to rumors it sounds like a current gen system with little spice.

personally I'm done with this gen, I cant wait till they start the next gen, PC is now way ahead of consoles and that is normal at the end of each gen life span, but in this gen I got the feeling that we are still in the middle of it and PC is already way ahead and the bad news is that this PC power over console is over kill, any modern mid-range desktop or laptop can play the latest games at max ... this is really sad ....

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I want it to start in 2012 at least, I love how we're going beyond 6 years without a new console(inbetween), that's a 1st.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
I think these consoles still have life despite what this forum says. That being said, the start of next-gen is the most exciting time in gaming and yes I absolutely want it! Fresh new consoles being announced, all these new features, promise, hope, shock, excitement, looking to the future, all the new games, etc. It's so fun :D
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Next gen starts with nintendo's new system.

mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

not until 3 more years

Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rexer-i4

not until 3 more years

mojosodopee
Please give me a reason why??
ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

MS spent over 500 mill on Kinect, Sony cannot risk another downfall with PS4 especially with what happened with PS3's "599 US DOLLARS" announcement (launch too), the 3.2 Billion dollar loss, and the recent reign of terror; known as the PSN downtime. Sony/MS needs to regain good amount of cash in order to start next gen.

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

MS spent over 500 mill on Kinect, Sony cannot risk another downfall with PS4 especially with what happened with PS3's "599 US DOLLARS", the 3.2 Billion dollar loss, and the recent reign of terror; known as the PSN downtime. Sony/MS needs to regain good amount of cash in order to start next gen.

ScottMescudi
500 million is pocket change to Microsoft :P
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I'm good for now, but i do want them to come out sometime in 2013.

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

[QUOTE="ScottMescudi"]

MS spent over 500 mill on Kinect, Sony cannot risk another downfall with PS4 especially with what happened with PS3's "599 US DOLLARS", the 3.2 Billion dollar loss, and the recent reign of terror; known as the PSN downtime. Sony/MS needs to regain good amount of cash in order to start next gen.

Da_lil_PimP

500 million is pocket change to Microsoft :P

Typical MS. Making Sony look bad :P

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Next gen will start next year just to catch up to graphics made in 2007. I've been ready ever since then.

Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rexer-i4

ScottMescudi
ok I understand that but we don't need MS or Sony to start the next gen, we already have the tools of next-gen: PC is now capable of handling next-gen pretty well but the problem is that no one is developing next-gen games for pc although the technology is available.. why do game developers always wait the consoles maker to upgrade, it should be the other way around...
mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mojosodopee

[QUOTE="mojosodopee"]

not until 3 more years

Rexer-i4

Just don't see a reason to release new ones right now.Game still looks great & graphics are still getting better on consoles. Just when you think consoles reached it's graphical power another game comes out 6-7 months later that looks twice as better then the last. I remember playing killzone 2 & uncharted 1 when everyone thought ps3 reached it's graphical limit. now killzone 3 looks even better then the 2nd & uncharted 2 looks almost 3x's better then the 1st.

I still think consoles have power left for 2-3 more years some reason. They really finding ways to improve gameplay & the way game look on the same 5+ year old hardware this gen.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Not really, I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rexer-i4

[QUOTE="Rexer-i4"][QUOTE="mojosodopee"]

not until 3 more years

mojosodopee

Just don't see a reason to release new ones right now.Game still looks great & graphics are still getting better on consoles. Just when you think consoles reached it's graphical power another game comes out 6-7 months later that looks twice as better then the last. I remember playing killzone 2 & uncharted 1 when everyone thought ps3 reached it's graphical limit. now killzone 3 looks even better then the 2nd & uncharted 2 looks almost 3x's better then the 1st.

I still think consoles have power left for 2-3 more years some reason. They really finding ways to improve gameplay & the way game look on the same 5+ year old hardware this gen.

but they can create 20x better games on every aspect not just 3x , if they make a console with 2009 hardware and that is 2 yrs ago, you can't imagine how powerful PCs are today, in the old days we were waiting the technology to advance until we can have a better console today we have the technology but we are standing still
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rexer-i4

[QUOTE="Rexer-i4"][QUOTE="ScottMescudi"]

mojosodopee

ok I understand that but we don't need MS or Sony to start the next gen, we already have the tools of next-gen: PC is now capable of handling next-gen pretty well but the problem is that no one is developing next-gen games for pc although the technology is available.. why do game developers always wait the consoles maker to upgrade, it should be the other way around...

Consoles pretty much rule gaming & have all the say so now. It's what popular and what makes money and developers realize that.

pc can advance all it want but "Next gen" won't starts until ps4 & the next xbox comes out. If sony & microsoft doesn't comes out with a new console for another 10 years developers would still make games for ps3,360,and wii rather then to go exclusively to pc. It's only right for business.

This is really sad ... I really hop that BF3 will take advantage of PC and show a real improvement over the console version maybe then gamers will start to notice what we are missing today in consoles
mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mojosodopee

A litle of topic but is this the longest we've stayed in one gen without a new console in gaming history? I wonder since they're waiting so long will next gen will be a HUGE jump in power & graphics say like going from a ps1 to ps3?

I really wonder if next gen games will make killzone 3 & Crysis 2 look like gamecube games lol

Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rexer-i4

I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015ultraking

:o 2014/2015 at that time my iPhone will be able to run Crysis :lol:

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

An upgraded Nintendo console will be good to see next year. However, I think 2013 would be a good time for new Sony and MS consoles. There's still plenty of exciting, fresh new games to be experienced on the current platforms and on the way, like The Witcher 2, Dark Souls, Catherine, The Last Guardian, Shadows of the Damned, Alice, etc. There's a lot of life left in this gen.

Note: I meant Witcher 2 as an example of a PC game in this gen with huge replay value. I know it's not confirmed for PS3/360.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

I dont want sony or MS to start for atleast another 2 years but Ill pick up the new nintendo system next year

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mitu123

[QUOTE="Rexer-i4"][QUOTE="mojosodopee"]

not until 3 more years

mojosodopee

And new consoles will trash the current ones, heck, it seems they are reaching their limits. Those sequels are understandable since their previous games were the 1st time they made PS3 games, with sequels they can improve of course. Better hardware can improve gameplay as well that goes with the tech.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mitu123

A litle of topic but is this the longest we've stayed in one gen without a new console in gaming history?I wonder since they're waiting so long will next gen will be a HUGE jump in power & graphics say like going from a ps1 to ps3?

mojosodopee
It's pretty much up there.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

It's not so much that they have enough power imo, (that's what I voted) it's that I don't want the next gen, which will last a ~millennia, to suck and hold back pc from getting that UE3.971 Samaritan demo quality in ports/exclusives.

grantsrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 grantsrosen
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts

I don't want the next gen, because I just bought a PS3. I want to make some use of it before getting a new console :P

And both Microsoft and Sony recently introduced their motion gaming alternatives (kinect and move); so will they really be bringing out a new console right now? I would think they would at least support their motion games for a while before leaving them in the dark.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mitu123
I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015ultraking
If you're talking about graphics then I don't agree at all. Gameplay and game support like the PS2 is something I can understand though.
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rexer-i4

A litle of topic but is this the longest we've stayed in one gen without a new console in gaming history?I wonder since they're waiting so long will next gen will be a HUGE jump in power & graphics say like going from a ps1 to ps3?

mojosodopee
Right now I think the next-gen will start in 2013/2014 and I think they will use hardware from 2010/2011 so I 'm pretty sure that the leap will be huge , in short the longer this gen will last the bigger the bigger the jump will be ..
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#29 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="mojosodopee"]

not until 3 more years

Rexer-i4

It could simply be that some people aren't in the mood to spend hundreds of dollars to buy new machines again.

mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mojosodopee

[QUOTE="ultraking"]I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015Rexer-i4

LMAO yeah i think that's the year both companies are aiming for. Sony promised that they're sticking with PS3 fully for 10 years this time around (around 2015) & after Microsoft released kinect they say it will extend the 360 life by "years" and they won't release a need for a new system for a while (im assuming until 2014).Rumors that sony even coming out with a "add on" to make the ps3 more powerful so it can last them 10 years.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/playstation-4-may-be-an-add-on-for-ps3-20101210/

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="mojosodopee"]

Rexer-i4

Right now I think the next-gen will start in 2013/2014 and I think they will use hardware from 2010/2011 so I 'm pretty sure that the leap will be huge , in short the longer this gen will last the bigger the bigger the jump will be ..

I hope they pull a second gen7, where they put slightly better than the best of the top of the line on the first console out, not skimp and put old tech in their consoles, especially tech that would be pushing 2-4 years x.x

LMAO yeah i think that's the date both companies are aiming for. Sony promised that they're sticking with PS3 fully for 10 years this time around (around 2015) & after Microsoft released kinect they say it will extend the 360 life by "years" and they won't release a need for a new system for a while (im assuming until 2014).

mojosodopee

The gens can overlap a bit...

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
I hope not. This gen is just getting awesome. I feel like the ps3 has about 3 more years in it. Handhelds are okay though.
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rexer-i4

And new consoles will trash the current ones, heck, it seems they are reaching their limits. Those sequels are understandable since their previous games were the 1st time they made PS3 games, with sequels they can improve of course. Better hardware can improve gameplay as well that goes with the tech.

agree with you there PS3 was hard to develop for at the beginning and those improvements were normal , on the other hand we have for example COD which didn't improve at all since COD:MW1
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rexer-i4

I dont want sony or MS to start for atleast another 2 years but Ill pick up the new nintendo system next year

shaggyaz
but if the leaks were true nintendo new console will have the ps3/x360 power so there is no point of buying it at all .. unless if u want it for ninty exclusives
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015Rexer-i4

I doubt you'd want to play that on a phone tho
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ultraking
[QUOTE="ultraking"]I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015mitu123
If you're talking about graphics then I don't agree at all. Gameplay and game support like the PS2 is something I can understand though.

I'm kind of talking about both. Games are looking better and better as this gen goes on , gameplay and game support are a given
TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

Next gen will start next year just to catch up to graphics made in 2007. I've been ready ever since then.

ChubbyGuy40

Id hate to burst your bubble but the next consoles will make Crysis look plain outdated.

TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="shaggyaz"]

Rexer-i4

but if the leaks were true nintendo new console will have the ps3/x360 power so there is no point of buying it at all .. unless if u want it for ninty exclusives

The new Nintendo console is leaked to have an ATI card that puts it on par with the 700 series and GTX285, thats hardly equal to the PS3 and 360.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="ultraking"]I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015ultraking

I'm kind of talking about both. Games are looking better and better as this gen goes on , gameplay and game support are a given

And games reach their limits as time goes on until it's time for new consoles for more advanced tech to do things not possible now, like a Crysis 1 type game on consoles. I know next gen consoles can handle it but not the current ones. I care too much about tech.=p
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ultraking
That's the thing tho , consoles haven't reached their limits yet. Each game coming out looks better and better
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rexer-i4

[QUOTE="Rexer-i4"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]I don't.. I think both playstation3 and xbox both have tons of life left in them.. Id like to see new new consoles around 2014/2015mojosodopee

LMAO yeah i think that's the year both companies are aiming for. Sony promised that they're sticking with PS3 fully for 10 years this time around (around 2015) & after Microsoft released kinect they say it will extend the 360 life by "years" and they won't release a need for a new system for a while (im assuming until 2014).Rumors that sony even coming out with a "add on" to make the ps3 more powerful so it can last them 10 years.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/playstation-4-may-be-an-add-on-for-ps3-20101210/

I would prefer a real PS4 rather than an upgrade. although im sooo eager to put my hands on a next-gen console today but if they did this upgrade this im not gonna buy it as im not gonna buy ninty ps3/x360 look alike project cafe
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Hell yes! I like new things. Also, Wii and 360 are pretty much dead, there is nothing new those two consoles could possibly show us anymore. PS3 still has some fuel in it (especially thanks to games like The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3 just around the corner), but it also wont last more than 2 or 3 years from now on.

Well this E3 will show us, what will next gen look like. I have no doubts at all Nintendo will surprise us with its graphical capability (especially those people that are ignorant enough to think that Wii2 will be like quarter of generation ahead of 360), but it also has some other surprises ready for us.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mitu123
That's the thing tho , consoles haven't reached their limits yet. Each game coming out looks better and betterultraking
PS2's limit was God of War 2, PS3 will be Uncharted 3 and 360 will be Gears of War 3, if there are much better looking games they will cut corners but I would be impressed with what they do on those HD systems.
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rexer-i4

Hell yes! I like new things. Also, Wii and 360 are pretty much dead, there is nothing new those two consoles could possibly show us anymore. PS3 still has some fuel in it (especially thanks to games like The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3 just around the corner), but it also wont last more than 2 or 3 years from now on.

Well this E3 will show us, what will next gen look like. I have no doubts at all Nintendo will surprise us with its graphical capability (especially those people that are ignorant enough to think that Wii2 will be like quarter of generation ahead of 360), but it also has some other surprises ready for us.

BlbecekBobecek
I really hope to see a surprise from nintendo because those leaked spec on project cafe are not good enough to be next-gen ,, Wii is dead now and by releasing nintendo next console the x360 will be the weakest system, hope this could convince MS to take a step forward and announce its next-gen xbox
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rexer-i4
[QUOTE="ultraking"]That's the thing tho , consoles haven't reached their limits yet. Each game coming out looks better and bettermitu123
PS2's limit was God of War 2, PS3 will be Uncharted 3 and 360 will be Gears of War 3, if there are much better looking games they will cut corners but I would be impressed with what they do on those HD systems.

I agree with you , in 2012 both systems will be maxed out
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ultraking
[QUOTE="ultraking"]That's the thing tho , consoles haven't reached their limits yet. Each game coming out looks better and bettermitu123

all in the eye of the beholder. I think last guardian looks better the u3. There's still so much consoles can do with with animations also and facial expressions . Let's not forget how long dev time is ,hell some of the best devs are just now getting the hang of the hardware for both systems. To me it seems like a good thing to drag this gen out as long as possible
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Inconsistancy
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="ultraking"]That's the thing tho , consoles haven't reached their limits yet. Each game coming out looks better and betterultraking

all in the eye of the beholder. I think last guardian looks better the u3. There's still so much consoles can do with with animations also and facial expressions . Let's not forget how long dev time is ,hell some of the best devs are just now getting the hang of the hardware for both systems. To me it seems like a good thing to drag this gen out as long as possible

I don't think cramming devs into a tiny box and forcing them to come up with crazy tricks to get things to look okayish is any good. Also, as a PC gamer, I don't want this gen to go on too long, since most of the games are multiplat, and consoles come first with the vast majority of devs, so we get the short end of the stick, never pushing our hardware.
Rexer-i4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rexer-i4

[QUOTE="Rexer-i4"] And new consoles will trash the current ones, heck, it seems they are reaching their limits. Those sequels are understandable since their previous games were the 1st time they made PS3 games, with sequels they can improve of course. Better hardware can improve gameplay as well that goes with the tech.Cranler

agree with you there PS3 was hard to develop for at the beginning and those improvements were normal , on the other hand we have for example COD which didn't improve at all since COD:MW1

MW was a big improvement over COD 2 which was the first COD this gen. They could drop to 30 fps and get close to Uncharted or KZ level graphics if they wanted.

my point is since mw1 : world at war, mw2, black ops, and now mw3 nothing changed in COD its the same game with different environment settings and that's mean the devs were not able to pull more power out of current consoles anymore and all they are doing is repack the same game every year and sell it
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Inconsistancy

my point is since mw1 : world at war, mw2, black ops, and now mw3 nothing changed in COD its the same game with different environment settings and that's mean the devs were not able to pull more power out of current consoles anymore and all they are doing is repack the same game every year and sell it Rexer-i4
That's just that one dev that only makes one game and has just been rehashing it endlessly, other devs are trying hard to squeeze every last ounce of power out of those consoles.

I do think it's pretty much at it's limit though. Especially since it's at the crossroads, do you want scale, or quality, chose one.