Do you want God of War IV?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

Warning, if you haven't finished God of War 3, just close this thread immediately

Okay, so I had finished God of War III and I think the conclusion is a little bit dissappointing...

We even don't know whether Kratos is still alive or not!!

I think it's better for us to get God of War IV in my opinion, just because I really want to know what happened to Kratos!

What about you?

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Nah my square button couldn't handle all the button mashing.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
u dont know whether kratos is still alive or not? HE FREAKEN IMPALES HIMSELF WITH A GIANT GLOWY SWORD AND THE WORLD TURNS TO **** he's dead the TRILOGY is over time for new ip.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Seems like this series has gone as far as it can go. I'd say please no more GOW games.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

yes would really love to play GOW4

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]u dont know whether kratos is still alive or not? HE FREAKEN IMPALES HIMSELF WITH A GIANT GLOWY SWORD AND THE WORLD TURNS TO **** he's dead the TRILOGY is over time for new ip.

You must have missed the part after the credits, they more than heavily suggest that Kratos is still alive.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]u dont know whether kratos is still alive or not? HE FREAKEN IMPALES HIMSELF WITH A GIANT GLOWY SWORD AND THE WORLD TURNS TO **** he's dead the TRILOGY is over time for new ip.

Someone didn't watch after the credits. Of course I want a God of War IV. God of War games are well designed and fun.
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

I like to believe after all his torment, he is finally laid to rest. I think it ended well. And I think its time to move on. This series doesnt need to be dragged on like Halo. In fact I just bought Ghost of Sparta (New psp one) and although I absolutly love the series, I find im having a hard time getting throught it, not saying its bad in any sense, just that ive been through theses motions before and its kinda old.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

I actually enjoyed the ending, and finally gave a bit of humanity to Kratos. But a 4...not sure. I think Santa Monica can continue with this story, but perhaps start focusing on another character. There's just too much interesting content in Greek Mythology to not be able to come up with another great story.

Edit: Maybe focus on the war between the Gods and the Titans, where you can really play a God or a Titan. That would be sweet.

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

Nah my square button couldn't handle all the button mashing.Skittles_McGee

lol, maybe you should play it on hard so your L1 button could share some of the damage.

I would love a new GOW, it's one of my faviroute series.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Nah my square button couldn't handle all the button mashing.nbessiner

lol, maybe you should play it on hard so your L1 button could share some of the damage.

Oh man. Two buttons.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 campzor
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="campzor"]u dont know whether kratos is still alive or not? HE FREAKEN IMPALES HIMSELF WITH A GIANT GLOWY SWORD AND THE WORLD TURNS TO **** he's dead the TRILOGY is over time for new ip.

Someone didn't watch after the credits. Of course I want a God of War IV. God of War games are well designed and fun.

na i watched it i just didnt remember it... i just checked it out on youtube... its a possibility but earth is destroyed pretty much.. all we can do is assume. I personally would prefer an entirely new ip
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Not if it's anything like 3.:P

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9901 Posts
He killed Zeus, Hades, Hercules, Poseidon etc. How could they possibly top that in the context of Greek mythology? Kratos is a difficult character to build on, because of his lack of emotions. Meh I think it's time to move on.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

No.

The series could've ended with God of War 2 if they'd just made the game like three hours longer, but they decided to drag it out with an entire 'nother game and I just found it monotonous and agonizing. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had actually changed some things up with the series, but they kept a lot of the same enemies and even the same animations, so they obviously have no intention to do anything with the series but rehash.

Just let it end.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Not if it's anything like 3.:P

MFDOOM1983

Pretty much.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i would like a fourth one, also what was wrong with the story of 3? it was a simple plot, take revenge against the Gods, you know what the previous 2 were building up too, the final climax. But its been confirmed that their will be no more god of wars WITH kratos, so who knows. I thought they were going to do something with his brother but that what ghost of sparda was about.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

No.

The series could've ended with God of War 2 if they'd just made the game like three hours longer, but they decided to drag it out with another game and I just found it monotonous and agonizing. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had actually changed some things up with the series, but they kept a lot of the same enemies and even the same animations, so they obviously have no intention to do anything with the series but rehash.

Just let it end.

MetroidPrimePwn
Okay, considering what next gen tech allowed them to do in GOW3 I would not have wanted to end in the story with GOW2. That opening battle with Poseidon is one of gamings most brilliant moments, ever.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I thought GoW3 was really bad compared to the previous 2. I think the jumping mechanics killed it for me.....
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

No, I'd want more GoW games like prequels and spinoffs (but not for a while or just a copy pasted game, I'd want some new gameplay features). But the story ended with III, they said it would before its release, and its clear that it was over. I'm sure they'll explain what happened in another game, but it won't be GoW IV because the main story ended with III.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
The third game was far and away the worst of the series and the gameplay just feels simplistic at this point. I would like another GoW if they can return it back to the way series was before in terms of quality of story and actually work on improving the combat.

Honestly though I would prefer that they just move on and let it die. I understand the financial reasons why popular series dont die but after a while things start to become like beating a dead horse, with another dead horse while chewing on chicken. Namely nonsensical, ridiculous and bland.
nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Nah my square button couldn't handle all the button mashing.Skittles_McGee

Oh man. Two buttons.

3 buttons if you use combos :P , but most hack and slash games use about 2 buttons for combat and a block button

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I wouldn't mind in and of itself. Although III was the worst of the series I enjoyed the hell out of it nonetheless. Although before they do anything like that I'm hoping they format Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for the PS3. It bugs me that there's two GoW games that I can't play (and I'm not shelling out for a PSP just for two games).

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Not at all, I love the GoW series but they'd need to make a big change or it will be COD-like.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

nah it's time to move on, gow 1 and 2 were amazing, gow 3 was quite the disappointment. the story is pretty much finish as it is

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

i've only played a bit of GoW 1, completed GoW Chain of Olympus and half way through GoW3 and am already kindatired lol

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
I loved 1 & 2. GOW3 was very disappointing. Admittedly, I only played about 5-6 hours into the game.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#29 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I thought it was obvious that Kratos was dead. I loved the ending. He got a hold of hope, and gave this inexhaustible power to man. It made sense to me that the Gods are dead, the titans are gone, and now humans will begin to define their destinies.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 campzor
I loved 1 & 2. GOW3 was very disappointing. Admittedly, I only played about 5-6 hours into the game.lhughey
u could have finished it if u played for an extra 2 hours
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#31 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I'm not sure 4 would hold much of an impact, IMO. I mean, Kratos basically whacked every major mythological being in Greece, so there's not much left to fight to give it an epic feeling anymore.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
No. the story ended. I wouldnt mind another GoW-esque game using different mythology. You know what, get creative. I want a game based on Zulu culture and Mythology!
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alextherussian
No. the story ended. I wouldnt mind another GoW-esque game using different mythology. You know what, get creative. I want a game based on Zulu culture and Mythology!II_Seraphim_II
I think the world would be to sensitive about a big muscular white guy running around chopping black zulus into tidbits. Would be a very unique game though if only just for the concept.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts
[QUOTE="alextherussian"]The third game was far and away the worst of the series and the gameplay just feels simplistic at this point. I would like another GoW if they can return it back to the way series was before in terms of quality of story and actually work on improving the combat.

Honestly though I would prefer that they just move on and let it die. I understand the financial reasons why popular series dont die but after a while things start to become like beating a dead horse, with another dead horse while chewing on chicken. Namely nonsensical, ridiculous and bland.

The only thing anyone should be disappointed about is the story and pacing. Everything else delivered in this. Combat was the most improved thing by far in God of War III, and yet there's people here who actually have the nerve to complain about it lol. I have a feeling that people are just tired of the series more than disappointed with the last game.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i would love another god of war game.. it would be a shame if we only got one game on a machine as capable as the ps3.. they could do anything they wanted storey wise..
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]No. the story ended. I wouldnt mind another GoW-esque game using different mythology. You know what, get creative. I want a game based on Zulu culture and Mythology!alextherussian
I think the world would be to sensitive about a big muscular white guy running around chopping black zulus into tidbits. Would be a very unique game though if only just for the concept.

lol, no i mean Zulu mythology, not history :P So Zulu mythology, Zulu gods and spirits. I've never seen such a game and I believe the western world is very unknowledgeable about that. It would be fresh.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 campzor
[QUOTE="mD-"][QUOTE="alextherussian"]The third game was far and away the worst of the series and the gameplay just feels simplistic at this point. I would like another GoW if they can return it back to the way series was before in terms of quality of story and actually work on improving the combat.

The only thing anyone should be disappointed about is the story and pacing. Everything else delivered in this. Combat was the most improved thing by far in God of War III, and yet there's people here who actually have the nerve to complain about it lol. I have a feeling that people are just tired of the series more than disappointed with the last game.

pacing? really? I thought it was pretty good and well structured and regards to story..i like to think of it as god of war 2 : part 2
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mD-

No.

The series could've ended with God of War 2 if they'd just made the game like three hours longer, but they decided to drag it out with an entire 'nother game and I just found it monotonous and agonizing. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had actually changed some things up with the series, but they kept a lot of the same enemies and even the same animations, so they obviously have no intention to do anything with the series but rehash.

Just let it end.

MetroidPrimePwn
Actually play God of War III or stop with the extreme exaggerations lol...
I thought GoW3 was really bad compared to the previous 2. I think the jumping mechanics killed it for me.....Lethalhazard
Not sure if serious.... It's funny how most of these criticisms aren't even legit criticisms at all. And trust me I've heard legit ones and see what people mean. God of War III was great game, incredible experience, and fun entry in the series that improved in everything that matters most in a hack n slash adventure and that's NOT story. The story was disappointing but you all act like that the story was so amazing to begin with in the first place when it really wasn't.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alextherussian
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="mD-"][QUOTE="alextherussian"]The third game was far and away the worst of the series and the gameplay just feels simplistic at this point. I would like another GoW if they can return it back to the way series was before in terms of quality of story and actually work on improving the combat.

pacing? really? I thought it was pretty good and well structured and regards to story..i like to think of it as god of war 2 : part 2

The part 2 that was really not needed as an extra hour at the end of GoW2 could have wrapped everything up better. As far as combat being improved the only notable difference was the Bow having its own recharge, thus changing it from being completely useless and broken to actually a decent staple in a fight. Using stuff as a battering ram was gimmicky at best and there was no reason to really use anything but the first chains (except very specific instances were you were breaking chains and what not with the lion fists).

Three games is not the point were you become tired of a series. They have all been spaced out very well too. Its honestly because the game was , at least to me, a notable step back for the series.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
God of War III was basically the same thing as the previous games, but obviously much more spectacular graphics and set pieces. I thought everything about the finale was improved, including the controls. The changes there were just tweaks - minor evolutionary changes. If you liked the 1st two in the series I don't know how you couldn't have at least "enjoyed" the last one. I can't believe people complain about the story in the 3rd. It's not THAT bad for a video game, but honestly the story was pretty much crap in all three by any other standard BUT video games, why did the 3rd stand out as particularly bad? That being said I don't really want to see God of War IV. I wouldn't mind a spinoff game for PS3, maybe put that on the people that did the PSP games just let them make a spinoff game using the GOW3 engine. I'd rather Sony Santa Monica just create a whole new IP of similar quality.
RunningRiot12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RunningRiot12
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

as much as i agree that kratos is alive, and that we have not seen the end of the GOW franchise. I would like a new IP form santa monica

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

God of War III was basically the same thing as the previous games, but obviously much more spectacular graphics and set pieces. I thought everything about the finale was improved, including the controls. The changes there were just tweaks - minor evolutionary changes. If you liked the 1st two in the series I don't know how you couldn't have at least "enjoyed" the last one. I can't believe people complain about the story in the 3rd. It's not THAT bad for a video game, but honestly the story was pretty much crap in all three by any other standard BUT video games, why did the 3rd stand out as particularly bad?2Chalupas

Story has never been one of the stronger points of the series. It's all in the gameplay. To me, at least, the games are pure visceral fun with the story only being something to move the action forward.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
GOW3 was extremely epic. Not as good as GOW2, but still a great game. The gameplay is so simple, but the sheer awesomeness really makes it one of my favorite series. Its like the opposite of MGS for me. I love the tight and complex MGS gameplay, but the story makes me want to kill myself.
youranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 youranus
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

i like the way kratos kills himself lol end of the trilogy period :P hes f$cked @p :D

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I didn't even want GOW 3. So no.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

You'd be approaching milkage territory with any more. The main trilogy and the 2 PSP titles in about 5 years...

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mD-
[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="mD-"] The only thing anyone should be disappointed about is the story and pacing. Everything else delivered in this. Combat was the most improved thing by far in God of War III, and yet there's people here who actually have the nerve to complain about it lol. I have a feeling that people are just tired of the series more than disappointed with the last game.

The part 2 that was really not needed as an extra hour at the end of GoW2 could have wrapped everything up better. As far as combat being improved the only notable difference was the Bow having its own recharge, thus changing it from being completely useless and broken to actually a decent staple in a fight. Using stuff as a battering ram was gimmicky at best and there was no reason to really use anything but the first chains (except very specific instances were you were breaking chains and what not with the lion fists).

Three games is not the point were you become tired of a series. They have all been spaced out very well too. Its honestly because the game was , at least to me, a notable step back for the series.

So because you don't bother to using the whole grappling system (great for chaining combos) or the on the fly weapon switching as a part of combos makes the combat changes not noticeable? You know just because they don't force you to use the new mechanics in the game doesn't mean that the combat gameplay isn't a big improvement because it is... With all the other weapons you get, I don't understand why ANYONE would still want to be using the chains of exile. The electric one you get last is amazing lol.... Also some weapons are better against certain enemies or are just better for continuing combos in general.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
No. I liked the two PSP games and the two PS2 games, but God of War III seemed a bit far up its own ass for me.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

God of War III's story was awful. I can't speak for GoW and GoW2, but if they had to try THAT hard to make the story plausible in GoW3, it would be atrocious in GoW4.

Besides, who's left to murder, anyhow?

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Warning, if you haven't finished God of War 3, just close this thread immediately

Okay, so I had finished God of War III and I think the conclusion is a little bit dissappointing...

We even don't know whether Kratos is still alive or not!!

I think it's better for us to get God of War IV in my opinion, just because I really want to know what happened to Kratos!

What about you?

ihsanqueen

You don't know if Kratos is dead ?? Come on... You know he's not dead, I know he's not dead, everyone knows it! Unless they haven't played the game. Anywho... I would absolutly love another God of War game, make him fight other gods from different mythologies, egyptcien, norse, chinese I don't care, me want more god slaying please.