Do you think IGN or Gamespot could make a good game If they hired game makers?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

They should just make their own game and see if their game is amazing. I'd think it would be interesting. Im not sure If they know anything about the actuall creation of games though, but they could hire some people and run all if the game makin bussiness.

P.S. I know their are other game rating places but I just wanna stick with these two..... Mostly IGN

Do you think they could make an amazing game if they had the people to do it. I mean, before they release it they could just like "review" thier own game and figure out what could make it better until its perfect in their eyes.

EDIT: I dont know why everyone is assuming that they gave a game I liked a low score or something. Im not mad at all so I dont know why people think I am. Im just curious at how It would be if they made their own game. And Im aware that they dont have the skills to make their own game, but If they hired some people who knew how and people from IGN and GAMESPOT just told them what to do and whatnot, do you think they could make it good?

Bretter2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bretter2200
Member since 2010 • 757 Posts

They should just make their own game and see if their game is amazing. I'd think it would be interesting. Im not sure If they know anything about the actuall creation of games though, but they could hire some people and run all if the game makin bussiness.

BTW: dont take my topic title that seriously

P.S. I know their are other game rating places but I just wanna stick with these two..... Mostly IGN

Do you think they could make an amazing game if they had the people to do it. I mean, before they release it they could just like "review" thier own game and figure out what could make it better until its perfect in their eyes.

IcyFlamez96

IGN isn't a single person, games are judged by varying reviewers.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
different reviewers for each company have different opinions. what they might consider a 10 other people might not so it doesnt really matter the score a game gets
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

They don't know better than you or me... that's just their opinion, and I'm pretty sure someone else will agree or even think the game deserves a lower score.

Just stick toyour own judgement and if you think the game's a 10/10, why would you care if others don't think so??

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"]

BTW: dont take my topic title that seriously

Bretter2200

IGN isn't a single person, games are judged by varying reviewers.

Duhhhh
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IcyFlamez96

They don't know better than you or me... that's just their opinion, and I'm pretty sure someone else will agree or even think the game deserves a lower score.

Just stick toyour own judgement and if you think the game's a 10/10, why would you care if others don't think so??

GreenGoblin2099
How does this have anything to do with what I said? Im just saying It would be interesting If they made their own game
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
you don't have to be able to do something to judge it. you don't need to be an oscar-winning director to say "this movie is bad" or "this movie is good", and you don't have to be shigeru miyamoto to criticize a game. you sound like someone who is butthurt over some random review, one that, who knows, may not even be written yet, as if you were damage controlling something. "OH THEY THINK THEY KNOW WHAT MAKES A GOOD GAME AND WHAT DOESN'T I WANNA SEE THEM TRY AND MAKE SOMETHING NEARLY AS GOOD AS *insert game*!"
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

IcyFlamez96

How does this have anything to do with what I said? Im just saying It would be interesting If they made their own game

Well, because you obviously disagree with some of their scores... and sinceyou seem to know better, why don YOU mak a game and show us?? ;)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
It's an opinion. Is it really any thing to get worked up over? I think not, but this won't stop some of you.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Just when I think SW couldn't get more dumb... :|
Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

IGN and Gamespot don't know how to make a 10/10 game, they only know what makes a game 10/10 in their opinion.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"] How does this have anything to do with what I said? Im just saying It would be interesting If they made their own gameGreenGoblin2099

Well, because you obviously disagree with some of their scores... and sinceyou seem to know better, why don YOU mak a game and show us?? ;)

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]you don't have to be able to do something to judge it. you don't need to be an oscar-winning director to say "this movie is bad" or "this movie is good", and you don't have to be shigeru miyamoto to criticize a game. you sound like someone who is butthurt over some random review, one that, who knows, may not even be written yet, as if you were damage controlling something. "OH THEY THINK THEY KNOW WHAT MAKES A GOOD GAME AND WHAT DOESN'T I WANNA SEE THEM TRY AND MAKE SOMETHING NEARLY AS GOOD AS *insert game*!"

Excuse me!? I dont care much about reviews, they are just interesting to read and I agree with most of them anyway. But thats not even the point!!! Jeez how do you guys get all of this from me saying that they should make their own game!? You guys are ridiculous......
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IcyFlamez96
Just when I think SW couldn't get more dumb... :|Funconsole
What does SW stand for?
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vodka_FTW
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
The same idea can be applied to you. It is just their opinion
Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

No. Just because they know what looks good, that doesn't mean they have the technical and creative skill to pull it off.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="Funconsole"]Just when I think SW couldn't get more dumb... :|IcyFlamez96
What does SW stand for?

It stands for system wars.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Did they flop your favorite game or something? I ask because the same thing happened to me, but then I realized Silverbond's opinion >>>>>>>>>> anyone else's opinion
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IcyFlamez96
The same idea can be applied to you. It is just their opinionVodka_FTW
Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Make a game? They aren't game developers dude.

Thats like saying a sports critic should go out there and play professional to "show them how its done." They obviously wouldn't have the experience and possibly the body build to pull off such an effort.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="Silverbond"]Did they flop your favorite game or something? I ask because the same thing happened to me, but then I realized Silverbond's opinion >>>>>>>>>> anyone else's opinion

NO! Im just curious how their game would be If they were to make one. Why does everyone keep assuming this?? My favorite games are Ratchet and Clank games and they always get high review scores on IGN so that wouldnt matter to me. But anyway thats not even the point. Stop assuming things
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vodka_FTW
[QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]The same idea can be applied to you. It is just their opinionIcyFlamez96
Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.

How does reviewing and programming link together?
Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]Did they flop your favorite game or something? I ask because the same thing happened to me, but then I realized Silverbond's opinion >>>>>>>>>> anyone else's opinionIcyFlamez96
NO! Im just curious how their game would be If they were to make one. Why does everyone keep assuming this?? My favorite games are Ratchet and Clank games and they always get high review scores on IGN so that wouldnt matter to me. But anyway thats not even the point. Stop assuming things

Gamespot and IGN are not developers, they are reviewers. They couldn't make a 10/10 game if they tried.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IcyFlamez96

Make a game? They aren't game developers dude.

Thats like saying a sports critic should go out there and play professional to "show them how its done." They obviously wouldn't have the experience and possibly the body build to pull off such an effort.

JangoWuzHere
No, thats not like saying "a sports critic should go out there and play professional to "show them how its done." Thats like saying, a game reviewer company should go out there and make a game to show them how its done lol. I know they probably couldnt do It, but If they hired a team who knew how, then kinda told them what to do then... yeah....
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Game reviewers don't make games...they review them just like taste testers or movie critics don't make food/movies, they critique them. That's why they're "reviewers" or "critics" or "testers" in the first place :P

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]The same idea can be applied to you. It is just their opinionVodka_FTW

Why dont you read my original post. I said if they hired some people to do what they wanted then they could make a good game
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

You say that as if it's that easy to make a game of that quality.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]The same idea can be applied to you. It is just their opinionIcyFlamez96

This vv

DEFINITELY!!! :x

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.

Why dont you read my original post. I said if they hired some people to do what they wanted then they could make a good game

But they wouldn't necessarily have the knowledge about the people to know what kind of person was needed and all that. They review the games but that doesn't necessarily mean they know everything about game development.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

they don't know how to build a new game. that's what designers are for. making videogames is more than "hey this worked here and this worked there, let's mash it all up". they are game critics, not designers. they can't make games. however, if you put a game in front of them, they'll be able to tell you if it's good or not.
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vodka_FTW
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.

Why would they do that? THey don't need to prove anything to you, they're reviews, they judge people who know how to build games and have done so for years
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vodka_FTW

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"] Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.GreenGoblin2099

This vv

Please go on, they may know stuff about games, but they aren't developers
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"]

This vv

[QUOTE="Funconsole"]Just when I think SW couldn't get more dumb... :|Vodka_FTW

Please go on, they may know stuff about games, but they aren't developers

EDIT: SORRY... seems I quoted the worng guy :o

I hereby declare myself one of the dumb ones here. :x

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]How does reviewing and programming link together?Vodka_FTW

Why would they do that? THey don't need to prove anything to you, they're reviews, they judge people who know how to build games and have done so for years

You guys are... interesting... Im not sure why you think im mad at them or something, Im just simply wondering how their game would be if they hired people to make one
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"] Well they are like game review professionals since they do it for a living so Id think they could make a good game.GreenGoblin2099

This vv

I was just thinking the same thing.....
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] Why dont you read my original post. I said if they hired some people to do what they wanted then they could make a good gameIcyFlamez96

You guys are... interesting... Im not sure why you think im mad at them or something, Im just simply wondering how their game would be if they hired people to make one

Well, in my personal SW experience you're either mad or something else that I can't say because it'll probably get me modded.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Make their own games? It takes alot more than one man to make a game worthy of a 10. Also, Gamespot, Ign, 1up, Game Informer, etc etc are made up of multiple people. So when it comes down to the review it is likely that there are other editor within the team who disagree with the scoring. Thats why you should actually read the reviews rather than just looking at the score and also go out and actually try the game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] Why dont you read my original post. I said if they hired some people to do what they wanted then they could make a good game

it's the tone of the original title + the OP that made you sound like a butthurt jerk. but your question has been answered: good game critics aren't necessarily good game designers. they are different jobs that require different sets of skills and a different take on how games work (though a good designer should always be a good critic as to evaluate its own work)
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Yeah, I think I see what you mean. But even if you have a perfect idea in your head, it's not always easy to get it to work in the game. If IGN just told them exactly what to do, it probably won't work out.

But devs could use the reviews they write as tips for their future games. But even then, 10's are still rare. Which shows that they are not that easy to accomplish.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]Why would they do that? THey don't need to prove anything to you, they're reviews, they judge people who know how to build games and have done so for yearsGreenGoblin2099

Well, in my personal SW experience you're either mad or something else that I can't say because it'll probably get me modded.

Yeah! Im mad because you guys keep assuming im mad for no good reason. How does anything in my original post indicate that im mad. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about IGN or Gamespot hiring people to make a game under their lead
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vodka_FTW
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] Why dont you read my original post. I said if they hired some people to do what they wanted then they could make a good game

I am curious on why you think the reviewers need to make a 10/10 game, it is their opinion. No game can get perfect, and just because they don't give your favorite game a 10/10 doesn't mean you have to make a thread questioning their abilities in what it is to make a 10/10 game.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] You guys are... interesting... Im not sure why you think im mad at them or something, Im just simply wondering how their game would be if they hired people to make oneIcyFlamez96

Yeah! Im mad because you guys keep assuming im mad for no good reason. How does anything in my original post indicate that im mad. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about IGN or Gamespot hiring people to make a game under their lead

Like I said, and seems we all here agree, comes from the experience we've got here in SW... but since you're not mad, I guess it's something else.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#42 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Just because someone know what a good game is doesn't mean they can make one. Just like knowing what tastes good doesn't make you a chef. Besides, games are expensive and time consuming to create. It's not just something just do just to prove a point.
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#43 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I bet even if GameSpot had their own game they'd still give it an 8.5

Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vodka_FTW

WTA2k5
God I am dieng laughing. Sigging it
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]Why would they do that? THey don't need to prove anything to you, they're reviews, they judge people who know how to build games and have done so for yearsVodka_FTW

I am curious on why you think the reviewers need to make a 10/10 game, it is their opinion. No game can get perfect, and just because they don't give your favorite game a 10/10 doesn't mean you have to make a thread questioning their abilities in what it is to make a 10/10 game.

When did I ever say they NEED to make a 10/10 game, I said do you think they could. I know its their opinion. I know no game can be considered perfect but all of the times IGN gives a 10/10 the games are coincidentally considered one of the best games of all time by alot of people so you gotta give their opinions some credibility. And they actually did give may favorite game a 10/10 so you can get outta here :D . JK they ddnt but the post I made has nothing to do with me being mad at them for apparently rating a game I like badly. Im done having this pointless argument with you. How are you going to tell me why I posted this topic? (ok I say im done arguing but im probablt not you you reply :P )
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="WTA2k5"]

Vodka_FTW
God I am dieng laughing. Sigging it

NOOOOO! I was gunna sig it :(
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vodka_FTW
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] You guys are... interesting... Im not sure why you think im mad at them or something, Im just simply wondering how their game would be if they hired people to make one

When did I ever say they NEED to make a 10/10 game, I said do you think they could. I know its their opinion. I know no game can be considered perfect but all of the times IGN gives a 10/10 the games are coincidentally considered one of the best games of all time by alot of people so you gotta give their opinions some credibility. And they actually did give may favorite game a 10/10 so you can get outta here :D . JK they ddnt but the post I made has nothing to do with me being mad at them for apparently rating a game I like badly. Im done having this pointless argument with you. How are you going to tell me why I posted this topic? (ok I say im done arguing but im probablt not you you reply :P )

That was fun, sorry you feel that way.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"]I am curious on why you think the reviewers need to make a 10/10 game, it is their opinion. No game can get perfect, and just because they don't give your favorite game a 10/10 doesn't mean you have to make a thread questioning their abilities in what it is to make a 10/10 game.Vodka_FTW

All DAY!
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vodka_FTW

[QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"][QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"] When did I ever say they NEED to make a 10/10 game, I said do you think they could. I know its their opinion. I know no game can be considered perfect but all of the times IGN gives a 10/10 the games are coincidentally considered one of the best games of all time by alot of people so you gotta give their opinions some credibility. And they actually did give may favorite game a 10/10 so you can get outta here :D . JK they ddnt but the post I made has nothing to do with me being mad at them for apparently rating a game I like badly. Im done having this pointless argument with you. How are you going to tell me why I posted this topic? (ok I say im done arguing but im probablt not you you reply :P )IcyFlamez96

All DAY!

I don't get it?

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IcyFlamez96

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="Vodka_FTW"] That was fun, sorry you feel that way.Vodka_FTW

All DAY!

I don't get it?

Ummmm yeah im preeeeeettty sure there's some kind of cream for that.