Do you think folding home will help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sulimanitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sulimanitachi
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

Do you think folding home will help?

Do you people think it will help finding a cure. I think it might just if enough people are on it. I think it is a good feature but still does not foucus on games. Ps3 has horrible games except Resistance but that is not enough to justify 600 stupid Blu-ray made the prices go up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Probably not.  They've been mapping the human genome for quite some time, now.  All the folding does is contribute to the mapping.  They're trying to locate genes that they think are responsible for certain diseases or may serve as markers for them.  But actually treating the disease is much different.
sulimanitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sulimanitachi
oh I get it now
jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts
It'll give the PS3 something to do :P
kutaragism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kutaragism
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
If people care about curing these terrible diseases enough $600 dollars is next to nothing when compared to losing the life of a loved one. It's a shame Microsoft chooses to sit on the sidelines with their millions while Sony is out there trying to find a cure.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Probably not. They've been mapping the human genome for quite some time, now. All the folding does is contribute to the mapping. They're trying to locate genes that they think are responsible for certain diseases or may serve as markers for them. But actually treating the disease is much different.sonicare
That's not really correct. It plays into the Human Genome project but is actually about the folding of proteins. The human genome is the blueprint for proteins, not the explanation.
jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts

If people care about curing these terrible diseases enough $600 dollars is next to nothing when compared to losing the life of a loved one. It's a shame Microsoft chooses to sit on the sidelines with their millions while Sony is out there trying to find a cure.kutaragism

Yeh.  Hey, do you think Sony will release a game console soon? ;)

I've been participating in DC for a little while.  I had 2 PC's, and the idle one was available for DC.  I now have a single dual core and allow DC (Rosetta is currently running) and I allow them 100% of 1 core so that my website and source control services keep running.

On the PS3:

If you attach to the Stanford project, can you still play games?  Or does it occupy your whole PS3?

There's a lot of other projects out there.  Is the PS3 only going to enable the Stanford project?

sulimanitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sulimanitachi
Well I guess this is the only reason I am keeping the PS3 for folding home I will keep the ps3 24/7 now and get 2 more for folding home people matter more and enjoy the 360 games.