Do you think '08 will be as good as '07 was?

• 45 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Last year we had tons of great games. Do you think this year can even compare?
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

GTAIV MGS4, Gears 2, Resistance 2= YES

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
This year doesn't have Halo, instant fail sorry :(
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MancsFTW
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
last year had ALOT OF big names (unless you were a cow), this years lineup has more variety in it. so we will see.
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MancsFTW

f50p90

Crysis, Team Fortress 2, Halo3, Call of Duty 4, Half Life, Portal, BioShock. Mass effect, Witcher, Mario Galaxy, Forza2.....and umm, dude raider and lair.....= WE will see

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Despite the delays of Killzone 2, Alan Wake, Halo Wars and maybe Splinter Cell, I still think it will be better than 2007. I'm sure E3 will reveal some surprises.
el_Andreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 el_Andreas
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts
Im Not So Sure, Im Finding I Get Very Disapointed with big releases (GTA4) these days, just dont seem to have the magic i remember.
EvilSpeaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EvilSpeaker
Member since 2005 • 1410 Posts
look at my sig =) MGS4 baby
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"]

MancsFTW

Crysis, Team Fortress 2, Halo3, Call of Duty 4, Half Life, Portal, BioShock. Mass effect, Witcher, Mario Galaxy, Forza2.....and umm, dude raider and lair.....= WE will see

Have fun seeing ill be playing

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"]

MancsFTW

have fun waiting to play.....im already playing.

:lol: ive been playing burnout, lost odyssey, DMC4, MLB the Show, prologue, GTAIV, thats 08 son.....Year has barely even begun
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
better....and 09 will be great as well IMO.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"]

MancsFTW

but cows are used to waiting, so youre good.

but the thing is

while us cows wait on software

lems wait on hardware (RROD) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 f50p90
better....and 09 will be great as well IMO.MikeE21286
Agree each year will be better than the previous it's just logic
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MancsFTW
[QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"]

f50p90

:lol: ive been playing burnout, lost odyssey, DMC4, MLB the Show, prologue, GTAIV, thats 08 son.....Year has barely even begun

dmc4 (LOL), mlb and a Gran turismo demo is supposed to destroy 07's lineup? :lol:

Gta4's the only thing you have on the list, "SON"

MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MancsFTW
but the thing is

ermacness

"ZOMG LULZ, RLY??", this isnt 2006 anymore.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ermacness
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="f50p90"]

MancsFTW

dmc4 (LOL), mlb and a Gran turismo demo is supposed to destroy 07's lineup? :lol:

but didn't you say "HAVE FUN WAITING TO PLAY?" He was just showing you that there's games to play on the ps3 (as hard as that may be to be believed by the lems)
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 f50p90

MancsFTW

DMC4, GTAIV (HIGHEST RATED GAME EVER ummm??) Burnout, Lost Odyssey, The show (best sports game EVER fanboy) prologue, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart Wii, Okami, MGSIV, Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Banjo, VP2, SCIV, Tekken 6, Street Fighter, DC vs Mortal Kombat, Motorstorm 2, HAWX, + more + whatever the helll PC has

I didn't say it destroyed I said it was better son

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"]but the thing is

MancsFTW

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop with the " have fun waiting to play games" argument, it has gotten old
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts
I would not have bet on it last year as 2007 was phenom for great games; this year, should all go according to plan will be even better.:D
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="MancsFTW"][QUOTE="ermacness"]but the thing is

ermacness

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop with the " have fun waiting to play games" argument, it has gotten old

Yup, both arguments are old and outdated and seriously need to die already.
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MancsFTW
[QUOTE="MancsFTW"]dmc4 (LOL), mlb and a Gran turismo demo is supposed to destroy 07's lineup? :lol:

f50p90

DMC4, GTAIV (HIGHEST RATED GAME EVER ummm??) Burnout, Lost Odyssey, The show (best sports game EVER fanboy) prologue, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart Wii, Okami, MGSIV, Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, Banjo, VP2, SCIV, Tekken 6, Street Fighter, DC vs Mortal Kombat, Motorstorm 2, HAWX, + more + whatever the helll PC has

I didn't say it destroyed I said it was better son

The show (best sports game EVER fanboy)

this cow is calling me a fanboy, after typing that comment????? :lol:

again, a 40$ demo, A dmc rehash. A burnout that ruined the formula, you seriously put mario kart in there??? HAWX and Motorstorm?????? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

are you trying defend the 08 line up or bash it? LMAO!!!!! what a joke

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Meh, last year wasn't so great. A couple decent titles and the rest were okay-meh.

This year all genres are getting great titles, even some long dormant genres such as fighting and adventure are getting some kickass games this year. JRPGs, platformers, even (more) FPS are coming out and they all look on par with last year's releases.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

With GTA IV, MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Disgaea 3, Gears of war 2 alone make 2008 better and it is still much more games i didn't list.

Nice to be gamer now :D

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

have fun waiting to play.....im already playing.f50p90

nah almost half of 08 has passed

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bigboi500
Meh, last year wasn't so great. A couple decent titles and the rest were okay-meh.

This year all genres are getting great titles, even some long dormant genres such as fighting and adventure are getting some kickass games this year. JRPGs, platformers, even (more) FPS are coming out and they all look on par with last year's releases.
Saturos3091
Yep that's where it's at for me, we should get quite a few good JRPG's this year and next.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 f50p90

With GTA IV, MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Disgaea 3, Gears of war 2 alone make 2008 better and it is still much more games i didn't list.

Nice to be gamer now :D

aroxx_ab
This post is full of win
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MancsFTW
[QUOTE="MancsFTW"]

f50p90

Nice just ignore everything else FANBOY

SSBB, MGS4, GTAIV and Gears 2 ALONE are on a bigger scale than anything released in 08 save for Mario and Halo3 which SUCKED. You fail. Fanboys fail

i love how this cow says Halo3 and Mario sucks and then calls other people fanboys.....:lol:

Crysis, Stalker, Portal, Team Fortress2 and Half life ep2 makes that list look pathetic....oh wait, you dont "play teh PeaSeaz gamez"

Add in Halo3, Mario galaxy, Virtua fighter, Bioshock, Assassins creed, Forza2, PGR4, Eternal sonata, The Darkness, Mass effect, Overlord. Lost Planet, Crackdown, GRAW2.....and many more

oh, i lost you, i forgot youre a cow and not played 90% of these games, why am i even arguing. its pointless to point out facts when the answer im gonna get, is full of "buh i heard it teh suckzors"........:lol:

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"]

MancsFTW

SSBB, MGS4, GTAIV and Gears 2 ALONE are on a bigger scale than anything released in 08 save for Mario and Halo3 which SUCKED. You fail. Fanboys fail

i love how this cow says Halo3 and Mario sucks and then calls other people fanboys.....:lol:

Crysis, Stalker, Portal, Team Fortress2 and Half life ep2 makes that list look pathetic....oh wait, you dont "play teh PeaSeaz gamez"

Add in Halo3, Mario galaxy, Virtua fighter, Bioshock, Assassins creed, Forza2, PGR4, Eternal sonata, The Darkness, Mass effect, Overlord. Lost Planet, Crackdown, GRAW2.....and many more

oh, i lost you, i forgot youre a cow and not played 90% of these games, why am i even arguing. its pointless to point out facts when the answer im gonna get, is full of "buh i heard it teh suckzors"........:lol:

Halo 3 was pretty much crap compared to the other top fps released that year. so 'nuff said.

and how is he a cow if he is hyping SSBB and Gears 2, maybe over-rated fps, and really innovative platformers aren't his thing.

MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MancsFTW
I didn't say Mario sucks i said Halo sucks, and it does I own it. GEARS>HALO thats done with. SMASH>Mario thats done with. nice list 1 game (orange box) as 3 different games to beef your list. NO son. :lol: at listing crackdown the darkness lost planet and eternal sonata WTF :lol:

:lol: Your the FANBOY i own PS3 and 360 son I get Lost Odyssey> Eternal Sonata. Fallout3>Mass Efect

MGS4 DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden II OWN any action game released last year by far.

Soul Calibur IV+Street Fighter+ Tekken 6+ DC vs MK OWN Virtua Figter

get tha FFFF out of here fanboy :lol:

f50p90

Gears is better? says who, you? the person who hasnt played either and says the word "son" 5 times in a post?

A side scrolling button mashing Trash like Smash bros is better than GOTY Platformer of the year Mario galaxy??

Why shouldnt i list the games in orange box? every single of one those games could be a seperate product, your just pointed out how amazing the ORANGE BOX was...sad little cow.

Fallout3?? you dont play pc games, and your screaming fallouts name???? and your basing this on what? some screen shots??? LMAO!!!!

if you played DMC1 and 3 you wouldnt mention 4, but i guess you were too young too remember those games.....

and if you can mention DC v mortal combat, motorstorm and HAWX i cant mention crackdown, darkness and lostplanet???? PLAY THE GAMES FIRST COW, THEN COMEBACK.

seriously kid, give up, its getting sad and pathetic now

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
when it comes to pc i think this year is gonna be better Starcraft II, Stalker clear skies, Left 4 Dead, Project Offset, Project Origin, Grid, Sins of Solar Empires, Maybe burnout will come out this year, Total War, Spore, Warhammer, Mass Effect, Battlefield Heroes, and lots of mods for crysis
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="MancsFTW"]

f50p90

umm I think you forgot BioShock, Mass Effect, Crysis, Uncharted and The Orange Box to name a few. 07 was amazing for gaming. Oh and Halo 3 didnt suck, check out the scores.

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Much better. 2007 came off as really dissapointing imo.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

when it comes to pc i think this year is gonna be better Starcraft II, Stalker clear skies, Left 4 Dead, Project Offset, Project Origin, Grid, Sins of Solar Empires, Maybe burnout will come out this year, Total War, Spore, Warhammer, Mass Effect, Battlefield Heroes, and lots of mods for crysisadamosmaki

May i add "Wrath of the lich king" to your nice list :D

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
While 2007 was great and some nice games (OB, Witcher, Crysis, Stalker, NWN 2 : MotB, SMG, CoH : OF, Gal Civ 2), I think 2008 is going to be better
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 f50p90
seriously kid, give up, its getting sad and pathetic nowMancsFTL
I own Gears AND Halo believe waht you want :lol:

You don't even recognize Gears MGS4 GTAIV Starcraft II, SPORE, SSBB are on a MUCH bigger scale than anything that came out last year

And your a ban dodger WTF...Who did you USED to be is the question...

MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MancsFTW
[QUOTE="MancsFTL"]seriously kid, give up, its getting sad and pathetic now[QUOTE="MancsFTW"] I own Gears AND Halo believe waht you want :lol:

You don't even recognize Gears MGS4 GTAIV Starcraft II, SPORE, SSBB are on a MUCH bigger scale than anything that came out last year

And your a ban dodger WTF...Who did you USED to be is the question...

f50p90

you played MGS4, Starcraft 2 (you dared to mention a pc game again?), Spore???? can i have your time machine, so i can play it too? then i can make dumb comments like how a game thats yet to come out OWNS other AAA games....

tisk, tisk.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 f50p90

you played MGS4, Starcraft 2 (you dared to mention a pc game again?), Spore???? can i have your time machine, so i can play it too??

MancsFTW

Stop ban dodging. That's all I can say to you. I can mention any game I want, This is 08 vs 07 not PC vs consoles. Only genre that doesn't get owned in 08 is FPS because of Crysis Bioshock, OB and CoD4. And theres still Stalker, Left4Dead, Resistance2, Vegas 2, and Project offset, so it's still a battle. Every other genre gets owned

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]when it comes to pc i think this year is gonna be better Starcraft II, Stalker clear skies, Left 4 Dead, Project Offset, Project Origin, Grid, Sins of Solar Empires, Maybe burnout will come out this year, Total War, Spore, Warhammer, Mass Effect, Battlefield Heroes, and lots of mods for crysisaroxx_ab

May i add "Wrath of the lich king" to your nice list :D

Yes you may. Cant believe i forgot that one. Also forgot about far cry 2 and one of the best half life 2 that is gonna be realeased as a new game They hanger 2

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="MancsFTW"]

you played MGS4, Starcraft 2 (you dared to mention a pc game again?), Spore???? can i have your time machine, so i can play it too??

MancsFTW

Stop ban dodging. That's all I can say to you. I can mention any game I want, This is 08 vs 07 not PC vs consoles. Only genre that doesn't get owned in 08 is FPS because of Crysis Bioshock, OB and CoD4. And theres still Stalker, Left4Dead, Resistance2, Vegas 2, and Project offset, so it's still a battle. Every other genre gets owned

LMAO, this kid found a new loop hole to try to crawl out of? stop acting like 15 year old who has no idea what he is talking about...maybe thats too much to ask.

you can mention any game you want? so you can say a game that YOU HAVE NO IDEA of how it will turn out will own an already established AAA title???? LMAO!!!!!!!

Just tell me who you USED to be i'd like to know

Are you oblivious to what your talking about? Whats the thread title say. "Do you THINK....". Yes I think 08 will PWN 07. And I gave my reasons. Much more games, and games with much more potential and quality, to add to the games that are already out. Stop Ban Dodging

It's just ethics

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Yes, I think it will.
MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MancsFTW
Just tell me who you USED to be i'd like to know

Are you oblivious to what your talking about? Whats the thread title say. "Do you THINK....". Yes I think 08 will PWN 07. And I gave my reasons. Much more games, and games with much more potential and quality, to add to the games that are already out. Stop Ban Dodging

It's just ethics

f50p90

you gave your reasons...and then tried to argue by bashing AAA titles that you never played and called AA games trash while you mentioned Hawx and motorstorm......LMAO!!!!

ethics? its called common sense

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"]Just tell me who you USED to be i'd like to know

It's just ethics

MancsFTW

you gave your reasons...and then tried to argue by bashing AAA titles that you never played and called AA games trash while you mentioned Hawx and motorstorm......LMAO!!!!

ethics? its called common sense

Only AAA title I bashed was Halo 3, and it deserves it, i'm not alone on that either. Didn't call any game trash.

It's just reading comprehension

MancsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MancsFTW

Only AAA title I bashed was Halo 3, and it deserves it, i'm not alone on that either. Didn't call any game trash.

It's just reading comprehension

f50p90

your giving me lessons on reading comprehension???? :lol:

"fallout3 OWNS MASSEFFECT"

umm, lets see, first you have no idea what mass effect is, second, that comes after you said you dont play PC games......so you know about fallout3 how??? looking at the pretty pixels from the screen shots??? lmao

Halo3 deserves it? coming from a cow, that means so much......right?? 9.5 6mill+ sold, cry some more, it wont change the fact halo3 owns your opinion.

you said SMASH BROS owns some old mario game????? LMAO!!!!! again, just sad. go read my earlier posts.

and wheres your bashing of FORZA2, Bioshock, Orangebox, Crysis, Stalker???? oh wait, you didnt play them.....so much for your credibility

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 f50p90

Didn't say Fallout3 OWNS Mass Effect. Didn't say Mass Effect was bad. I said Fallout3+Fable2> Mass Effect. Why? because mass effect being AA, has the potential to be outdone by at least ONE of the two big WRPGs this year. It's not hard to see, 2 quality potential games >1. It's just mathematics.

Again,Halo 3 doesnt own my opinion. I own Halo 3, i'm one of those 6+ million, by the way, its actually like 8+ million :o

About Smash: Biggest Wii title to date, enough said.

I didn't bash Forza OB Crysis and Stalker. Exactly. Wut u talking bout? Maybe it's not Reading Comprehension, it's abit tougher:

It's just rhetoric....