Do You Feel Sorry For Kojima?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_chamber99
Member since 2010 • 1696 Posts

the guy will never escape the shadow of metal gear solid. he kept saying after every metal gear since 2 that it would be his last one and he'd hand it over to someone else but here he is again directing another metal gear game. I think he desperately wants to tackle new projects but konami forces him to do more metal gear since its such a profitable franchise.

sad. the guy will keep making metal gear games until he dies

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Metal Gear Solid might end up like Final Fantasy if he's not careful
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Konami forces him? He is the vice president of Konami.
Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts

No. He could just.. you know, not work on Metal Gear.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
one trick pony... but on a serious note more ZOE less MSG.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Yes, I think her absence in the Castlevania series will be seriously missed.
Avatar image for battlefieldfan4
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 battlefieldfan4
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

He's not American, so why should I care?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'm sure he could move on if he really put an effort into it.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
He's alright.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
lol Kojima, what else has he done of note besides Metal Gear?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Can'y say that I do, no.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

What? Sorry for him making loads of money, winning loads of awards, gaining worldwide recognition of his work, become a major figure of the gaming development side, all that because of MGS? As repetitive as it may get for him, I don't think anyone should feel sorry for him :P

Desmonic

This...

What a strange question...

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Yeah, poor lad must find it tough to breathe when he swims in his big pile of money.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
lol Kojima, what else has he done of note besides Metal Gear?Bigboi500
boktai :D
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]lol Kojima, what else has he done of note besides Metal Gear?BrunoBRS

And Snatcher. And Policenauts. And Zone of the Enders. And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. And a sh!t ton of other games that never made it out of Japan.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Why should I? Do you really think if he didn't want to make MGS, he would keep doing it? Come on, dude.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

battlefieldfan4

true 'Muhrican right there folks

oh_merica_part_3_640_35.jpg

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]lol Kojima, what else has he done of note besides Metal Gear?AcidSoldner

And Snatcher. And Policenauts. And Zone of the Enders. And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. And a sh!t ton of other games that never made it out of Japan.

solar sensor gimmick > god of war wannabe.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
So he is tied down and forced to make the games?
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

I feel bad that he doesn't know what a game is. Thinking that cutscenes=gameplay isn't a good thing. It all resulted in the abomination of a 'game' that is MGS4, but then again, the same can be said with all PS3 exclusives.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

No.

Kojima was VP of Konami at one point. Even had a chance to be president. He could have walked away from MGS at any time he wanted. He could walk away from Konami at any time he wants.

First he gave into fan demands. Now hes giving in to the money.

He makes his own choices and thats that.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] boktai :DBrunoBRS

Meh, to be fair Symphony of the night was a Metroid wannabe.

I guess you could argue though that Metroid > God of war and/or that SoTN did a better job copying Metroid than Lords of Shadow copied GoW.

That being said Lords of Shadow was pretty underwhelming with its lame puzzles and stupid QTEs. The game had alright combat, but there has been better combat in other games though, certainly.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

battlefieldfan4

Hey!American boy.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AcidSoldner
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] boktai :D

Cool story bro.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#27 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Nope he should keep doing MGS until he feels like it.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

MGS4 AAAAE came out like 5 years ago. I need a new kojima MGS game.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

battlefieldfan4
Ey, geet the pick-up we goin to the oil store thn the shoppin mall thn bucket a that KFC, den church
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

NAPK1NS

Ey, geet the pick-up we goin to the oil store thn the shoppin mall thn bucket a that KFC, den church

I can only read that as Cajun.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

Wiimotefan

It's hillbillian i.e. USA
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

No, it's not like he's being forced to make more games. He talks about how he wants to start making "differant" games but always goes back to MGS. If he really wants change he needs to stop banking on the 1 Good series he made and try something else.

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Ey, geet the pick-up we goin to the oil store thn the shoppin mall thn bucket a that KFC, den churchNAPK1NS

That sounds nothing like a hillbilly. Are you french?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

I don't really mind that..the game is his baby..so no one better than him to make the game..but in my opinion the guy seems to be an ass..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
So he is tied down and forced to make the games? CanYouDiglt
No, that's Rare.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. AcidSoldner
I'm 90% sure he's a producer on that game, and had very little impact on that games direction.

Plus I like Kojima enough to think he's better than Lord of Shadows on his worst day.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

Neon_Noir

That sounds nothing like a hillbilly. Are you french?

I even lived in Alabama for a while and I never heard a hillbilly talk like that.

"Yall ain't lost are ya? Head down over yonder! If ya pass the Walmart ya gone too far, so give us a holler if ya need. Bye yall!"

^

That is true hillbilly speak.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AcidSoldner

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"] And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. jg4xchamp

I'm 90% sure he's a producer on that game, and had very little impact on that games direction.

Plus I like Kojima enough to think he's better than Lord of Shadows on his worst day.

His also a producer on Boktai and ZOE. Don't see how that nullifies his involvement in the games' development.

He was executive producer on the Lords of Shadow with Kojima Pro assisting Mercury Steam on development.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"] And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. AcidSoldner

His also a producer on Boktai and ZOE. Don't see how that nullifies his involvement in the games' development. He was executive producer on the Lords of Shadow with Kojima Pro assisting Mercury Steam on development.

Hmm, well than I'm really disappointed with Kojima. I mean MGS 4 was pretty f*cking stupid at times, but it was Lords of Shadow territory of lameness. Game was dookie ;P

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AcidSoldner

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] I'm 90% sure he's a producer on that game, and had very little impact on that games direction.

jg4xchamp

His also a producer on Boktai and ZOE. Don't see how that nullifies his involvement in the games' development. He was executive producer on the Lords of Shadow with Kojima Pro assisting Mercury Steam on development.

Hmm, well than I'm really disappointed with Kojima. I mean MGS 4 was pretty f*cking stupid at times, but it was Lords of Shadow territory of lameness. Game was dookie ;P

I liked Lords of Shadow. It was flawed, but it definitely a nice change of pace from the increasingly stagnant metroidvania formula.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]His also a producer on Boktai and ZOE. Don't see how that nullifies his involvement in the games' development. He was executive producer on the Lords of Shadow with Kojima Pro assisting Mercury Steam on development.AcidSoldner

I liked Lords of Shadow. It was flawed, but it definitely a nice change of pace from the increasingly stagnant metroidvania formula.

it combated a stagnant genre(another argument entirely) by being a game that's mostly patch work of other popular/well designed games while having no identity of its own other than the Castlevania label.

I'll freely admit I'm not the biggest fan of God of War or anything, but even still I wouldn't call that an ideal direction for Castlevania. Because it sure as hell isn't something I'd play over the God of War games. Hopefully Lord of Shadows 2 has some more interesting ideas.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]His also a producer on Boktai and ZOE. Don't see how that nullifies his involvement in the games' development. He was executive producer on the Lords of Shadow with Kojima Pro assisting Mercury Steam on development.AcidSoldner

I dont see how replacing one stagnant formula with another more widely used stagnant formula is a good thing. I know the metroidvania styIe is a bit played out, but so are b-level hack nd slash games.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AcidSoldner

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Hmm, well than I'm really disappointed with Kojima. I mean MGS 4 was pretty f*cking stupid at times, but it was Lords of Shadow territory of lameness. Game was dookie ;P

Wiimotefan

I dont see how replacing one stagnant formula with another more widely used stagnant formula is a good thing. I know the metroidvania styIe is a bit played out, but so are b-level hack nd slash games.

I don't completely disagree but any change is welcome at this point. I love Castlevania, been with the series since 1995 (Bloodlines) but it's been the same damn thing since 1998. It's funny, people will cry foul at the rehashes of CoD, Halo, Madden, or *insert mainstream franchise here*, but the moment you call out a more "niche" series for being stagnant, the fan base will go into defense mode and sh!t bricks. It's a silly double standard. But, that's beside the point.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]I liked Lords of Shadow. It was flawed, but it definitely a nice change of pace from the increasingly stagnant metroidvania formula.AcidSoldner

I don't completely disagree but any change is welcome at this point. I love Castlevania, been with the series since 1995 (Bloodlines) but it's been the same damn thing since 1998. It's funny, people will cry foul at the rehashes of CoD, Halo, Madden, or *insert mainstream franchise here*, but the moment you call out a more "niche" series for being stagnant, the fan base will go into defense mode and sh!t bricks. It's a silly double standard. But, that's beside the point.

Oh no I dislike most of the Castlevanias post Symphony of the Night(mostly because...pfft I already got this feeling from SoTN, and those games had lame art direction) so in that regard I agree with you.

It's just that Lord of Shadows is some straight copy cat game design across the board. But like text book they copied it, but didn't understand what worked about it. With the most obvious being the ghetto Shadow of the Colossus type boss.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wiimotefan

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]I liked Lords of Shadow. It was flawed, but it definitely a nice change of pace from the increasingly stagnant metroidvania formula.AcidSoldner

I see exactly were you're coming from.

I tend to be on the side that prefers stagnation over flipping a series upside down to the point that its not even the same games anymore. If a dev wants to do something wildly different then why not make a new IP? Well of course the reality is they want to bring a recognized name to the table for guaranteed sales. I'm not a fan of that approach. That's just me though.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DJ-Lafleur

I just find it funny when people complain about Lords of Shadow not being a TRUE castlevania, considering that there isn't really one defining formula for Castlevania. I mean, we already got two different approaches to Castlevania, is a third really that much worse?

I was okay with the fact that Lords of Shadow tried to take Castlevania in a new direction. the problem was that the execution of the game was just underwhelming, and any aspect in LoS has probably been done much better in other games. Not a bad game, just not a noteworthy or memorable one either, and one of the weaker Castlevania games I have played.

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

what I would like to see is a 3d castlevania sidescroller with the graphic style and gameplay of castlevania IV, I miss those games.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Well after playing the Rising demo I have to say I don't mind the spin-offs. Especially when they're tangentially relate to the MGS story and thus give Kojima free-reign to make it as stupid as possible.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
I think kojima loves metal gear, it needs him and he needs it.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I just find it funny when people complain about Lords of Shadow not being a TRUE castlevania, considering that there isn't really one defining formula for Castlevania. I mean, we already got two different approaches to Castlevania, is a third really that much worse?

I was okay with the fact that Lords of Shadow tried to take Castlevania in a new direction. the problem was that the execution of the game was just underwhelming, and any aspect in LoS has probably been done much better in other games. Not a bad game, just not a noteworthy or memorable one either, and one of the weaker Castlevania games I have played.

DJ-Lafleur

For me that goes for curse of darkness. I beat the game but end of the day wasint all that good. Just okay. I loved lords of shadow one of my favorite games of this gen and cant wait for the next 2 games. Combat was fun and it was also a treat for the eyes its just that framerate man. I also hate when people say its not a true castlevania which just boggles my mind. Iv been with castlevania since nes and I personally felt like it was castlevania feeling just not SOTN type of gameplay