Do you ever say, Thank god I didnt buy this system?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

I was soooo close to buying a wii, I literally had the money in my pocket and was staring at the glass of an ebgames at the mall looking at the wii poster about to go in. then something in my mind said ehhh, and i turned around. so i was at toys r us and got a chance to try out the wii and was appauled at the graphics, i even asked the guy if it was something wrong with the tv he said, "no thats just how the graphics look on it". any1 else has a similar story, btw i went with a ps3 from launch and later got a 360 and am very happy with both

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

Not really. I'm very happy with all 4 primary systems. I don't get to miss out on anything.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Yea I have been debating a Wiii for awhile. Theres like 4 games I want to play on it but nothing else. So in the end I have decided against it.
pandoradrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 pandoradrive
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

I was thinking about getting a 360 till I saw two of my friend's go in the same week...Said I think I'm gonna get a ps3

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

I wish I could have said that for the Wii...I bought it but really didn't like it so I returned it in a week.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Haha I wish..I usually say "Ah crap, why did I buy this?":P

*crap, misread the title:( It's still early in the morning here..

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The PSP. I think its one of the only gaming machines ever that I literally have no interest in any of its library, whatsoever. I can't name one game I'd actually want for the damn thing.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Well I did buy the Wii, and have been very satisfied. Though FWIW I still have plenty of fun with original Playstation and even NES games too. Graphics in video games are akin to special effects in movies. Yeah the new high budget productions look fancier, but that doesn't make older flicks or those with smaller budgets less enjoyable now.

Anyways, regarding the topic: The Tapwave Zodiac. It seemed like a nifty concept at the time, especially since I could have used a PDA as well. I'm not sure why I didn't buy it actually, but it's just as well since the system bombed big time.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

I was thinking about getting a 360 till I saw two of my friend's go in the same week...Said I think I'm gonna get a ps3

pandoradrive

Same here. It was around 07 too, but God of War 3 and Killzone 2 got me really pumped. Thank goodness I didn't get it! :D

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

Yes graphics mean everything and I regret getting a Wii because it doesn't have TEH HD GRAFKIKZ!!! Is that what you want to hear? :roll: Its games are miles ahead of those on the 360. It has many more great exclusives and I can play all the multiplats on other systems.

I'm glad I didn't buy a 360, I got a PS3 instead on top of my Wii and I am absolutely loving it. I don't do it much but I PC game a little bit (nothing great, it's on a Mac, underrated for gaming but obviously not specializing in it), and between that and the PS3 I play about everything the 360 offers, plus fantastic exclusives the 360 doesn't have. Getting it would've been a bad choice, I'll still get my friend's old one for free soon, probably play Mass Effect on it then let it collect dust. I'm also loving not paying $50 a year to play online.

ElTriforceo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ElTriforceo
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts
Yea I have been debating a Wiii for awhile. Theres like 4 games I want to play on it but nothing else. So in the end I have decided against it.Ugalde-
Forget that, get one. I guarantee beyond those 4 that you want there are many more great under the radar games you don't know about. Ever heard of Little King's Story? Doubt it, try it, it looks kiddy but it's not at all. Muramasa? LostWinds? Zack and Wiki?
powerman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 powerman91
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts

No i never do. I only wanted a PS3 so thats what i got. No regrets.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ugalde-

Yes graphics mean everything and I regret getting a Wii because it doesn't have TEH HD GRAFKIKZ!!! Is that what you want to hear? :roll: Its games are miles ahead of those on the 360. It has many more great exclusives and I can play all the multiplats on other systems.

I'm glad I didn't buy a 360, I got a PS3 instead on top of my Wii and I am absolutely loving it. I don't do it much but I PC game a little bit (nothing great, it's on a Mac, underrated for gaming but obviously not specializing in it), and between that and the PS3 I play about everything the 360 offers, plus fantastic exclusives the 360 doesn't have. Getting it would've been a bad choice, I'll still get my friend's old one for free soon, probably play Mass Effect on it then let it collect dust. I'm also loving not paying $50 a year to play online.

ElTriforceo
Why not play Mass Effect on your PC? You also have no interest in Halo or Gears? If your getting a 360 for free you should try Gears.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts
Honestly,the Wii. I almost bought it,but in the end there were few games that interested me,so I decided to get a new cell phone instead. I believe I made the correct choice.
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ugalde-
[QUOTE="Ugalde-"]Yea I have been debating a Wiii for awhile. Theres like 4 games I want to play on it but nothing else. So in the end I have decided against it.ElTriforceo
Forget that, get one. I guarantee beyond those 4 that you want there are many more great under the radar games you don't know about. Ever heard of Little King's Story? Doubt it, try it, it looks kiddy but it's not at all. Muramasa? LostWinds? Zack and Wiki?

See the problem is I am a online freak. I play online games a lot. I feel like I might get bored of games too quick. I might get one eventually but for now I will just stick with the 360.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#17 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Sega had a portable colored system to compete with the Gameboy. I forget the name but debated over buying one like you did with the Wii and for some strange reason I said no.

roulettethedog
The gamegear , i had one of those it came out in 1992. it had great clarity for a portable of the time. The only problem was it was back-lit and at that time lithium ion batteries were the size of a brick (for laptops too) so they used 8 AA battreies that lasted 45min - 1hour. It had horrible battery life. If the battery was good it would of rocked. I remember it had the same Sonic as on the Genesis. Also TG-16 had a portable that played the same games as the console, the games for teh tg16 were the size and thickness of a credit card, no lie, and they worked on both the device also played tv. Again battery life was a problem (but better then the gamegear) As for systems that tc is asking about. I am glad i never got a 360. There is one game (lost Odyessy ) that I would like to play. Having a pc negates my need as i don't like halo at all. I should of been that way with the wii but i was drunk and placed a bid on ebay one night and got stuck with one,. I played it for a while in 2008 til i got my ps3 in april for gta4 and didn't touch the wii for over a year. I sold the wii last September and got NGS2, U2, demon souls deluxe and ratchet acit. Best decision i ever made, selling that thing.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

The PSP!!!!!!!!!!

I almost bought it at launch before deciding against it and am so glad I did. The only game currently on it that I want to play is Prinny. That's it. All the other games on it, like GoW and Patapon, are games I would play but they aren't system sellers to me personally. For me to want to truly buy a system, there have to be games that are unmissable for me. The DS has 2 Zeldas, NSMB, Phoenix Wright, and so much more that I personally eat up. Each of the consoles has games that I saw and instantly knew I wanted. The PSP just doesn't have that. If the price drops on the 3000 and God Eater pulls a 9.5 (which I'm willing to bet will NOT happen), I could see myself getting the system by the year's end. Otherwise, I'm completely happy with my home consoles and my DS.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#19 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I'm glad that I got the Wii.

but I'm more Glad that I didn't get the Sega Saturn.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I've never regretted a game console purchase, and I never came close to buying a system I didn't want.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
The PSP go..............it is just one big fail.
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#22 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I've said that to the N Gage and the Gizmondo :P.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Launch 360, although I was never considering buying it anyway (hardware issues.) Before lemmings descend on me - yes, I would consider buying one now, if I had the money and time to play the games (lots of the former, not so much of the latter :(.)
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Sega 32X. As a kid I wanted that system so bad because I wanted to play knuckles chaotix. Never got it and I'm glad I didn't waste my parents money on that piece of junk.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I'm really glad I didn't get a GC or Xbox last gen. Not insulting them they are great systems, but I was young and clueless and just randomly picked PS2. Amazingly good choice :P
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

lol You didn't buy it because of the graphics? We'll your missing out on some good games, oh well your loss. I'd rather have all systems so I don't turn into a fanboy and hate on other systems, because their all good and bad in their own ways.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

Sega CD and Sega Saturn

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

i almost bought a wii instead of an xbox

MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

I almost got a ps3 with my last Christmas Bonus even though I already have a 360 and a PC, but then I realized that all of my friends who have one always just play their 360s anyways, and there haven't been any games that I played on it so far that really blew me away. So instead I got a used Wii for 90 bucks and SSBB and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and never looked back.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
i had a more "damn it why did i buy a wii" moment
Tauu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tauu
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

I wanted to buy a Wii. I borrowed my brother's Wii for a couple of weeks. I played it for one night and then it just sat there the rest of the time. So I didn't buy one. Later on he wanted me to buy his Wii so he could buy a new 360 since his had the E74 error. I'm like um no sorry.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I would have said that, but i didn't think it through properly, and i bought a wii :(
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Not really. The closest was when I had to pick between the Wii and PS3 in Q1 2008 and I'm glad I picked PS3, but I still want a Wii.
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sega 32X. As a kid I wanted that system so bad because I wanted to play knuckles chaotix. Never got it and I'm glad I didn't waste my parents money on that piece of junk.

Pixel-Pirate

LOL, yeah the 32-X... I already had the Sega-CD (which, to this day, I still love) and thought getting a 32-X would make everything even better.. Boy was I wrong! I think they only made like.. ten games for the SegaCD 32X? I really wanted one, but there weren't too many games I really wanted for it. I figured I'd wait a year and see if more games came out for it and pretty much a year later you ccouldn't even find the damn thing anymore lol!

SO GLAD I did not get the 32-X!

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Shewgenja

LOL, yeah the 32-X... I already had the Sega-CD (which, to this day, I still love) and thought getting a 32-X would make everything even better.. Boy was I wrong! I think they only made like.. ten games for the SegaCD 32X? I really wanted one, but there weren't too many games I really wanted for it. I figured I'd wait a year and see if more games came out for it and pretty much a year later you ccouldn't even find the damn thing anymore lol!

I think the number is around 30ish games, similar to the amount the virtual boy had.

And I loved the sega CD as well.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Pixel-Pirate

I think the number is around 30ish games, similar to the amount the virtual boy had.

And I loved the sega CD as well.

Virtual Boy had 14 in the US and 21 in Japan, and it's almost 40ish for Sega 32x, but I'm glad I never tried the Sega 32x.

And yes, the Sega CD was decent at best.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
No, all current systems offer great games, therefore I own them all.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

The PSP. I think its one of the only gaming machines ever that I literally have no interest in any of its library, whatsoever. I can't name one game I'd actually want for the damn thing.Haziqonfire

Same here. Its really terrible imo. None of the games just feel right for a handheld. Even little big planet psp I thought it was good, I just cant bring myself to actually play it

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
In Jan 2007 I was going to buy a Wii instead of a 360 but I couldn't find any in stock. Thank god for that...
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Sega CD and Sega Saturn

88mphSlayer

Yeah I also bought a saturn. But only a year ago for 80$ It does have alot of good games.. except they are mostly all japan exclusives and cost a billion dollars. I mean it has to be the most expensive system of all time just to get some good games for. It really sucks. Atleast NiGHTS is awesome.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Yeh i was tempted to buy a 360 a few years ago before I got my PS3. Im extremly glad i didn't. One system is enoguh for me!

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

at the start of 06,07 i kinda was glad i didnt get a PS3 ,

but early 2009 i bought one, becouse i wanted to play valkyria cronicles, flower and LBP

i regret not buying a GCN and xbox last gen though

but i got to play many of the games at friends

mtmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mtmatt
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

Yeah once or twice

I swear my buddy paid like 700 dollars for this thing when it first came out. Umm I mean his mom paid 700.

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
Thank God I'm never getting a 360 ;)
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I regret buying my Wii and PSP. For me PSP basically died a couple years ago, nothing that really interests me has come out in the last few years. The Wii, I haven't bought a game for it since SSBB, I've spent all my time and money on my 360 which I am really happy I bought.
MangaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MangaJ
Member since 2008 • 1435 Posts

Thank God I'm never getting a 360 ;)RedruM_I

Yeah, imagine having to live with a superior gaming console. Oh, the horrors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

virtual boy. i saw it and thought "oh look a projector i can hook up to my TV!"

true story

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Thank God I'm never getting a 360 ;)MangaJ

Yeah, imagine having to live with a superior gaming console. Oh, the horrors.

Mate I dont have to imagine these things. I have a PS3.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

My friend's 360 RROD'd, and he spent weeks trying to get a new one (EXTREMELY in Brasil), while I enjoyed my Wii and PS3.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Any sort of handheld. There's just something about them and their games that rub me the wrong way. Not that I'm a graphics whore, but those things feel like a step backward in my mind. Any sort of miniature gaming on iPods/Zune/cellphones I am not down with. If I've got some downtime on a skytrain or if I'm driving or just in the car, I'd rather listen to music or read.

Then again I could just be bitter that by the time my folks bought me a Gameboy Colour, there was already freakin' Mario in 3D. THREE DEE.