Do You Consider the Wii a Secondary Console?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

I have heard a lot of talk about the Wii being a "secondary" or "backup" console to the other two systems. What does System Wars say?

I haven't spent enough quality time with the Wii myself, so I consider myself neutral.

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
I'm getting a 360 this summer but neither will be secondary, they would just be consoles and I would be a gamer. Is that a problem?
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
no the wii will be my only console this gen. im tired of buying the same harware for a little leap in graphics to play some rehashed sequals, i need something new and fresh, and the wii is just what the doctor ordered 8)
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TaCoDuDe

I'm getting a 360 this summer but neither will be secondary, they would just be consoles and I would be a gamer. Is that a problem?ShakeNBake1491

Of course not.

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
I'll tell you when I buy it and try it out. So far I'm thinking yes though. Mediocre online+line-up not as impressive as 360's(IMHO, flame me only if you're an idiot.)=secondary. We'll see though.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
Not at all. I'm going to get a 360 but none will be a secondary both will be primary because I'll probably have a lot of games for each console.
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
no the wii will be my only console this gen. im tired of buying the same harware for a little leap in graphics to play some rehashed sequals, i need something new and fresh, and the wii is just what the doctor ordered 8)sexy_luigi
Tired of playing rehashed sequels? Need something new and fresh? Re-evaluate your system choice then.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TaCoDuDe

I'll tell you when I buy it and try it out. So far I'm thinking yes though. Mediocre online+line-up not as impressive as 360's(IMHO, flame me only if you're an idiot.)=secondary. We'll see though.fatzombiepigeon

That's how I think I'll feel when I get a Wii. But we'll see, Im waiting for Mario Galaxy and Metroid before I get one though. And Brawl as well...

Hm, thats a pretty good lineup...

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
I consider it a 5th tier console at best.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
all I need is my PC.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
sorta i guess, since once i get a ps3 i doubt i'll play my wii muchi except with my family or multiplayer brawl. right now my wii is a 2ndary console to my ps2.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]no the wii will be my only console this gen. im tired of buying the same harware for a little leap in graphics to play some rehashed sequals, i need something new and fresh, and the wii is just what the doctor ordered 8)rykaziel
Tired of playing rehashed sequels? Need something new and fresh? Re-evaluate your system choice then.

let the ownage hit the floor
jsd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jsd360
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
The Wii is definitely a secondary console to me. Nintendo just has too many issues for the Wii to be my primary source of gaming. 
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I personally don't but I understand why it would be for some people.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TaCoDuDe

The Wii is definitely a secondary console to me. Nintendo just has too many issues for the Wii to be my primary source of gaming. 
jsd360

What problems? Care to elaborate?

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

Sort of, but I mean, I only own a Wii and would really want a 360. I don't think of Wii as a secondary but I could imagine a 360 or ps3 dwarfing the Wii, for now atleast.

I voted no though. :) 

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fatzombiepigeon

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]I'll tell you when I buy it and try it out. So far I'm thinking yes though. Mediocre online+line-up not as impressive as 360's(IMHO, flame me only if you're an idiot.)=secondary. We'll see though.TaCoDuDe

That's how I think I'll feel when I get a Wii. But we'll see, Im waiting for Mario Galaxy and Metroid before I get one though. And Brawl as well...

You're talking to the guy who practically has the major 360 games memorized. I came up with a better list consisting of more than three games in about five seconds. But yeah, I actually think my parents, who have hardly ever had an interest in games, will buy the Wii for us and give it a try. My dad did buy GRAW 2 and wants to try it however. :P

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

Wheres the option

No, I dont need one at all.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]I'll tell you when I buy it and try it out. So far I'm thinking yes though. Mediocre online+line-up not as impressive as 360's(IMHO, flame me only if you're an idiot.)=secondary. We'll see though.fatzombiepigeon

You're talking to the guy who practically has the major 360 games memorized. I came up with a better list consisting of more than three games in about five seconds. But yeah, I actually think my parents, who have hardly ever had an interest in games, will buy the Wii for us and give it a try. My dad did buy GRAW 2 and wants to try it however. :P

I agree, I definitely think the 360's lineup is better at the moment. Cannot wait for Mass Effect...

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

I would be unhappy owning just one console no matter which one it is.

So your question is moot to me.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TaCoDuDe

Wheres the option

-Sir-Poof-

I suppose you could mark the PC one...or the PSWii, as you apparently did.

fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fatzombiepigeon

I would be unhappy owning just one console no matter which one it is.

So your question is moot to me.

CelineDion
I can live with just one console and no PC. If you want to call that living.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
nope not really to some yes. but secondary console will be 360
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
The Wii without a doubt is a secondary system I had one. I sold it after my Wife and I got bored of Bowling. I think Nintendo knew they could never compete on a hardware level again and now found that cheap niche market of casual non gamers!
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360
jsd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsd360
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

[QUOTE="jsd360"]The Wii is definitely a secondary console to me. Nintendo just has too many issues for the Wii to be my primary source of gaming.
TaCoDuDe

I will always love the Nintendo franchises but the 3rd party support is still weak compared to the other guys. But it is better than the cube so I guess they are going in the right direction. Also,the fact that Nintendo doesn't take online seriously was cute last generation but this one not so much.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
It depends on the game releases, but from the three new systems, I've spent most of my time playing on the Wii this year.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="jsd360"]The Wii is definitely a secondary console to me. Nintendo just has too many issues for the Wii to be my primary source of gaming.
jsd360

I will always love the Nintendo franchises but the 3rd party support is still weak compared to the other guys. But it is better than the cube so I guess they are going in the right direction. Also,the fact that Nintendo doesn't take online seriously was cute last generation but this one not so much.

I think 3rd party support will pick up once devs recognize the Wii's success (if it keeps selling at it's current rate). But I do agree that online needs to be improved.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Khansoul

I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 AvinashTyagi

When it's 250 bucks? LOL it would have been more honest to just call yourself a sheep and be done with it. I know you have claimed PC gaming here and there but you are to sensitive about the Wii for me to believe your a Hermit. I like how you make your sig so people will think you are a Manticore :lol: 

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i say its a secondary console. as usual, its up to nintendo to make good games for its console. that means there will be some amazing games, but they will be few and far between. ill eventually pick up a wii, but it wont be my primary console.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
- horrible vomit inducing graphics - no enough games which make good use of wiimote - virtually no online - no hd - Always get the worst version of a multiplatform game - third parties launching ps2 ports all the time - too many uninteresting minigames - no interest of third parties of pushing decent games the wii could NEVER be the primary system of a real hardcore gamer
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
who knows what would happen once SSBB comes out?:P
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
The Wii is my primary console, and the Xbox 360 will be my KOTOR fix.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wavebrid

- horrible vomit inducing graphics - no enough games which make good use of wiimote - virtually no online - no hd - Always get the worst version of a multiplatform game - third parties launching ps2 ports all the time - too many uninteresting minigames - no interest of third parties of pushing decent games the wii could NEVER be the primary system of a real hardcore gamerGears360

why arent you playing 360? instead of complaing about wii...

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Khansoul

- horrible vomit inducing graphics - no enough games which make good use of wiimote - virtually no online - no hd - Always get the worst version of a multiplatform game - third parties launching ps2 ports all the time - too many uninteresting minigames - no interest of third parties of pushing decent games the wii could NEVER be the primary system of a real hardcore gamerGears360

I cannot argue with any of those points and I know Gears is a HUGE LEMMING FANBOY!

I also realise his grammar is vomit inducing :| 

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Khansoul

[QUOTE="Gears360"]- horrible vomit inducing graphics - no enough games which make good use of wiimote - virtually no online - no hd - Always get the worst version of a multiplatform game - third parties launching ps2 ports all the time - too many uninteresting minigames - no interest of third parties of pushing decent games the wii could NEVER be the primary system of a real hardcore gamerwavebrid

Why are you not playing the Wii? 

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TaCoDuDe

Madden anyone?

Anyway, some of your points are vaild, albeit exagerrated...

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
What the hell is a secondary console. A console is a console.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AvinashTyagi

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 Khansoul

When it's 250 bucks? LOL it would have been more honest to just call yourself a sheep and be done with it. I know you have claimed PC gaming here and there but you are to sensitive about the Wii for me to believe your a Hermit. I like how you make your sig so people will think you are a Manticore :lol: 

No my sig is because I like making fun of the cows, I have no particular issue with the 360 there's just no reason to own it since I have a PC, which I do use to play games
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="Gears360"]- horrible vomit inducing graphics - no enough games which make good use of wiimote - virtually no online - no hd - Always get the worst version of a multiplatform game - third parties launching ps2 ports all the time - too many uninteresting minigames - no interest of third parties of pushing decent games the wii could NEVER be the primary system of a real hardcore gamerKhansoul

Why are you not playing the Wii? 

taking a break of playing god father

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="Khansoul"]

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 AvinashTyagi

No my sig is because I like making fun of the cows, I have no particular issue with the 360 there's just no reason to own it since I have a PC, which I do use to play games

There are plenty of games available on the 360 that arent available on PC. I don't see how people still use that arguement. It was applicable to the Xbox, but the 360? Not so much.

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Khansoul
[QUOTE="Khansoul"]

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 AvinashTyagi

Well I am a World of Warcraft player but Vista has killed my FPS in that game for the moment. I wish Nvidia or Blizzard would get a proper Vista patch! 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Nope. It is a great console in itself and will be my primary gaming platform once I can afford some games for it over the next year.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 Khansoul

Well I am a World of Warcraft player but Vista has killed my FPS in that game for the moment. I wish Nvidia or Blizzard would get a proper Vista patch! 

Why did you switch to Vista this early on, i'm not shifting for a year or so, until apporpriate drivers are out, and security issue are fixed
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

Wheres the option

TaCoDuDe

I suppose you could mark the PC one...or the PSWii, as you apparently did.

Apparently did what?

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
because i - like many others- was anxiously waiting for THE REVOLUTION in videogaming, and then we saw those magazine scans of red steel made to deceive us that it was to have great graphics instead.....we get the most blurry and jagged graphics imaginable, with a truckload of stupid minigames, wow........this was supposed to be called REVOLUTION? no wonder thay had to change the name to something more ridiculuos to fit with the product
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Name the so-called "truckload" of minigames.... if you bash the Wii, at least do it with valid points like that one thread around here.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
My Wii is second to my 360.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I consider my wii to be my primary console, I will consider xbox 360 my secondary when I get it
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AvinashTyagi

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]I Have my Wii, DS and PC, I might get a 360 when the price drops to $250 only if there are games on it that I want that don't end up on the PC, right now there is no need for the 360 TaCoDuDe

There are plenty of games available on the 360 that arent available on PC. I don't see how people still use that arguement. It was applicable to the Xbox, but the 360? Not so much.

None that I want