Do people actually believe tha consoles have similar power to pc?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

I mean come on, some pcs have 10 times the power and graphical capabilities as a consoles... and yet i see"uncharted is the graphics king" or "Gears haz teh best graphecs EVAR" or "teh cell is teh uber powerful" an im not trying to prove the Glorious PC gaming master race thing" just why do people say stuff like that?

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Correction:Console graphics king.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lto_thaG
This place is full of deluded fools and trolls that say things they don't even think, but want the reaction.Kan0nF0dder
And it works every time.
sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sami117

[QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]This place is full of deluded fools and trolls that say things they don't even think, but want the reaction.Lto_thaG
And it works every time.

not really, just makes consolites look bad...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

How many times has this thread been made?

Anyways I don't beleive that.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="Kan0nF0dder"]This place is full of deluded fools and trolls that say things they don't even think, but want the reaction.sami117

And it works every time.

So?
People get worked up about comments like that.You see it all the time.It's funny.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

No-one does, really. But that doesnt mean Consoles cant reach PC levels.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="sami117"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] And it works every time.Lto_thaG

So?
People get worked up about comments like that.You see it all the time.It's funny.

yeah. i just had some guy say gears 3 looks better than crysis. i didnt even bother replying.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

[QUOTE="sami117"]

yellosnolvr

So?

yeah. i just had some guy say gears 3 looks better than crysis. i didnt even bother replying.

Indeed.Just shrug it off.Let other people react to posts like that.Sit back and laugh.
That's what I do.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_am_a_PS3_FB
Member since 2009 • 400 Posts

you might find it extremely hard to comprehend that anyone could play Games on anything other than a i7 4.08GhZ OvAClOCkEd BEaStA computer, but let me assure you that thats not the case.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

do hermits actually believe that devs take advantage of the pcs power? pc gaming has gone pretty much no where since 07 up until recently

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sami117

No-one does, really. But that doesnt mean Consoles cant reach PC levels.

TrapJak

they cant, they never have atleast come anywhere close...

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sami117

really TC?

wis3boi

yes really, btw you cell is weak compared to my i7 4.0ghz quad core, yours is one core with 7 smaller not really core...

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

The word "graphics" in SW is not used in the sense you're implying (at least not by consolites). For consolites good looking game = good graphics. PC has the power but does it have teh looks?Metro 2033might be pushing more polygons and other stuff not possible on consoles but does it LOOKas good as UC3? I don't think so hombre.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Console players only care about graphics when PC is out of the equation. When PC gets brought into the picture it's all about teh gameplay! Like using controllers for FPS'.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

yes really, btw you cell is weak compared to my i7 4.0ghz quad core, yours is one core with 7 smaller not really core...

sami117

now you're just looking for attention....I dont own any consoles

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

The word "graphics" in SW is not used in the sense you're implying (at least not by consolites). For consolites good looking game = good graphics. PC has the power but does it have teh looks?Metro 2033might be pushing more polygons and other stuff not possible on consoles but does it LOOKas good as UC3? I don't think so hombre.

Harisemo

That's a matter of opinion.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Console players only care about graphics when PC is out of the equation. When PC gets brought into the picture it's all about teh gameplay! Like using controllers for FPS'.

Grawse

This has to be one of the best comments i've seen in context of System wars. This has so much depth that all I can do is applaud this and give you sir a nice gif..

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
Consoles ARE PC's. What do you think they make them with, unicorn parts? If you compare a 360 or PS3 with your Aunt Thelma's PC that she uses to play Facebook games, then yeah consoles will blow it away. If you compare to the latest greatest then no. Put it this way. 1080p = 1920x1080 %99 of PC's on the market today cannot render at this resolution, you pretty much need a mid-spec gaming PC to get that resolution. PC devs have to code for every possible configuration, every card, every CPU, every piece of hardware, so they have to rely on DirectX and various API's, so most of the power goes wasted. Console devs only have to code for narrow set of hardware, they can peg your processor at %100 and keep it there, and do tricks with your GPU to make things look better than they should. They also use Blu-Ray for cutscenes which typically look way better than mpeg or whatnot, not to mention things like 7.1 audio chipset right out of the box. Artistically, games like Killzone, UC, Resistance and Gears rival anything on PC. Just because something is in high-resolution doesn't mean it looks GOOD. Graphics is not the same as Art. Graphics is the technical aspect of pushing pixels. Art is what you do with those pixels. Technically, Gears and UC are trash, devs have to use every trick in the book to make them look good, and they do end up looking VERY good, much nicer than most PC games by a longshot. A programmer is not an artist. I recently played a PC game, don't remember what it was called, some space sim. The screen rez was jacked up high, everything was so crisp and clean, but the game still looked horrible because the art was bad. I guarantee if you start playing PS3 exclusives for a while, you will never want to go back to PC, you will find the games look bland and boring.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts

no its ridiculous to even think about it pc are open and console are close system , but console are very cheap right now and theres ton of great games comming out this year . So many in a matter of fact i dont have the time and the gamming budget for everything i want to play this fall,so building a pc is not my priority right now but i admit today pc are very powerfull .

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

really TC?

sami117

lol? Did you really bring up the "MY THREAD IS GOD BECAUSE IM BETTER THAN YOU" card?

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Yes is the answer to the question. My PS3 is easily more powerful than any PC out there. PC games look like PS2 graphics. Now can we end this thread. This same topic seems to creep up 2 or 3 times a week.

P.S Killzone 3 is Graphicz king!

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Grawse

i think it's more or less that console gamers just don't care about the pc.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

"PC" is a constantly changing platform that can't be quantified and has no set standard.

This is the reason why console gamers disregard PC in graphics arguments, it's not that PC can't produce better results, but there is nothing to base the aregument on everybodies is diffrent, so there is no point in arguing. A PC might be better based on xxxx factors or it might not.

Consoles are set devices and has a standard of evaluation so making a judgement between them is easier.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

As long as there are still people that think that console games are rendered natively at 1080p, that are unaware that you can hook a PC up to an HDTV and then plug your gamepad (PS3 Dualshock 3, Xbox 360 Joypad, or whatever you want) into your PC and get the same "chillin in my couch" experience, and other myths and general ignorance, there is sure to be someone that thinks consoles are more powereful or even close to that of PC hardware.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

As long as there are still people that think that console games are rendered natively at 1080p, that are unaware that you can hook a PC up to an HDTV and then plug your gamepad (PS3 Dualshock 3, Xbox 360 Joypad, or whatever you want) into your PC and get the same "chillin in my couch" experience, and other myths and general ignorance, there is sure to be someone that thinks consoles are more powereful or even close to that of PC hardware.

arto1223
You're assuming that the reason we're not doing that is because we don't know we can.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="arto1223"]

lowe0

You're assuming that the reason we're not doing that is because we don't know we can.

When someone brings it up, the vast majority of the time that is the case.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
depends on what PC we are talking about, PC is scalable and has more potential but its easy for consols to be more powerful than a PC...
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

arto1223
it doesn't really work out all that well, I can't chill on my couch and play bc2/cs:s when it doesn't even support a controller, and even if it did I can't imagine how much rage quiting it would induce.
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

lazerface216

this guy gets it... I only play on consoles cause my friends play on em. pc gaming just doesn't interest me when there is more than enough games for me to play on consoles, with my friends, hassle-free.

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

lazerface216

This, I would say that the majority of console players could give a flip about gaming on a PC. PC gamers on the other hand seem to always worry about what console gamers think or play.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

outside of here, yes. Most of my friends think pc gaming is basically for WOW and runescape.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Stop. Please just stop.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

lazerface216

That's good for them. Fortunately this is system wars, not console wars.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

arto1223
Well put.
Baxhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Baxhand
Member since 2010 • 865 Posts

Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.ZombieKiller7

Your woman tells you what to do?

What reality do you live in? That we are out of touch with?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I guarantee if you start playing PS3 exclusives for a while, you will never want to go back to PC, you will find the games look bland and boring.ZombieKiller7

and if you play SMG you'll never go back to those bland and boring Killzone/Uncharted/Gears/Halo games because they all have terrible art.

One of the worst BS arguments I've heard.

Baxhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baxhand

The PS3 exclusives will take over the mind..Allowing a complete surrender of all gaming in the universe!!!

Really?

That's awsome...lol

Baxhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Baxhand

[QUOTE="Baxhand"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.ChubbyGuy40

His mommy must be too busy watching Teen Mom to let him use the TV.

I wonder if he has ever brought into the equation that some people in this world have 2-3 40+ inch HD tvs in their house. I have a 40 inch sitting 10 feet from my PC in my den.

Options are great things to have?

Guess what, being wipped in my reality is not?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.Baxhand

Must be nice being a fratboy. "Yeah dude let's just drag this PC downstairs." You'll find out when you get married.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

I mean come on, some pcs have 10 times the power and graphical capabilities as a consoles... and yet i see"uncharted is the graphics king" or "Gears haz teh best graphecs EVAR" or "teh cell is teh uber powerful" an im not trying to prove the Glorious PC gaming master race thing" just why do people say stuff like that?

sami117
Sure, why not?
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jedikevin2
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.

So you personally don't have or want to have either a wireless setup to TV, or a fragbox, htpc by your tv. No problem but again, others can. Why in the world would you go again, and trash talk someone stating they must either not have a women in the house or out of touch of reality.. Just more random insults I see when you have no base for your argument.
Darsander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Darsander
Member since 2010 • 154 Posts
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.

I've notice that most PC gamers on this forum are Europeans. Most of their countries have much smaller houses and apartments than we do. It is probably very easy for them to do this.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jedikevin2
[QUOTE="Darsander"][QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]Yeah, I'm gonna drag my PC into my living room and play from my couch. You must not have a woman living in the house. Either that or just out of touch with reality.

I've notice that most PC gamers on this forum are Europeans. Most of their countries have much smaller houses and apartments than we do. It is probably very easy for them to do this.

Where did you come up with this information from? I live right in the USA and again, very easy for me to have my home setup with a computer and tv hooked up, sit on my couch and game or play off my monitor. .....