Do not accept mediocrity...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sicknic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sicknic
Member since 2004 • 4241 Posts

Everyone seems to be complaining about GS scores lately. I'm kind of sick of the complaints myself. With this generation we are getting charged extra for "next gen costs", yet we still aren't seeing next gen games. If you guys want to continue to be forced fed mediocre games, than please, go to IGN and applaud their scores. I'm still waiting for that dare to be great game, and we are never going to see it if copycat games get 9.0's...

A applaud GS for being honest, tough, and just like me, sick of mediocrity.

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
How do you know it's mediocrity if haven't played the game yet??...~_~...stop following GS blindly...
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
they dont take games for what they are. they judge them against what they want, not what the game set out to do. that is usually my reaction after reading one. being tough is a different thing.
Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts
Yeah it's much better for games to be underrated than overrated. I rent any games I'm interested in anyway.
copperheadfang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 copperheadfang
Member since 2004 • 411 Posts
ohhhh
Sicknic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sicknic
How do you know it's mediocrity if haven't played the game yet??...~_~...stop following GS blindly...Nex_Ownage
The demo was enough for me.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

Everyone seems to be complaining about GS scores lately. I'm kind of sick of the complaints myself. With this generation we are getting charged extra for "next gen costs", yet we still aren't seeing next gen games. If you guys want to continue to be forced fed mediocre games, than please, go to IGN and applaud their scores. I'm still waiting for that dare to be great game, and we are never going to see it if copycat games get 9.0's...

Sicknic

I agree.  I don't have the kind of money to shell out for "merely decent" games like Crackdown and part of the help I get from avoiding paying good money for mediocre games is Gamespot and IGN's review system.  They do a pretty good job.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Sicknic
So if orange-lovers told you not to eat apples, would not eat them? In actually, it got a good "score". Mediocre is around in middle, probably 5s spot. It may not been a superb game, but does it mean it can't be played and be enjoyed by a certian group of inviduals. Name a game thats your favorite and tell me right now it igot a lower score, would stop playing it? Let people buy what they like, whether it said great, good or average.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
[QUOTE="Sicknic"]

ArisShadows

So if orange-lovers told you not to eat apples, would not eat them? In actually, it got a good "score". Mediocre is around in middle, probably 5s spot. It may not been a superb game, but does it mean it can't be played and be enjoyed by a certian group of inviduals. Name a game thats your favorite and tell me right now it igot a lower score, would stop playing it? Let people buy what they like, whether it said great, good or average.

That's a bad analogy.

Gamespot aren't orange-lovers judging apples, they're gamers just like us who want to tell us what is and isn't worth spending your hard-earned cash on.

Sicknic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sicknic
[QUOTE="Sicknic"]

ArisShadows

I'm not saying this game is bad. I am saying it got a 7.8 for a reason. That reason being it could have been better. There were certain mediocre aspects that made the game a 7.8 instead of a 9.0 in gamespots view. If gamespot accepted that part of mediocrity, and gave the game a 9.0, then devs would try less and less to make a "great" game. That doesn't mean this game isn't enjoyable, it just means that it could have been better...
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
Gamespot is usually hyper critical when they review games. Some of the editors on here expect near perfection. Most people don't realize how hard it is to even make a game with limited funds and time constraints. I don't listen to reviews when I'm deciding what game I should own, I mean if you can't form your own opinion then you're nothing more then a blind follower.