Do cows relize nothing can touch Mass effect 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hreyhreyy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

This game is going to blow EVERYTHING out of the water in 2010. My god it has improved in every single way possible over the original which was nothing short of amazing.

Personally this is my vote for the next 10 here ( remember 10 doesnt mean perfect )

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 moistsandwich

I agree with you.... it is almost a shoe-in for my personal GOTY.... well Mass Effect 2 & Starcraft 2, might have to share that honor. But nothing that we currently know about on the PS3 touches either of the 2 games I just mentioned.

I just can't decide what to play it on... my PC or 360. The dilemma is, I have all my save files from Mass Effect on my 360. But Mass Effect 2 will run & look better on my PC.... AHHHH decisions....

I do own Mass Effect for PC... couldn't pass up the recent Steam deal. Maybe I should just play through it again on PC and stick with PC... bah... must decide, but can't.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 moistsandwich

how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?Silenthps

they are called previews. Or has nearly every publication been paid by MS to lie? :shock: teh conspiracy!

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hreyhreyy

read the previews which are everywhere. Even ign ranked mass effect as the NUMBER 1 best game ever on the 360. thats with a 9.4 score and tons of technical problems.

Plus its bioware and they delayed it until january 26th... theres no way the tech problems are back or else why would they delay it so long?

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
i think the ammo and regenrating health is a bad thing to the series not an improvement ill still love the game (i hope) but i miss the old way of doing things
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

i have no doubt this game will be good. but i think the nothing can touch jab is unnecessary.

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts
I'm not sold on Mass Effect 2 yet. Everybody makes the first game out to be soo great but I couldn't get over the massive amouts of graphical glitches. Everytime the game strated to suck me in the screen would tear to pieces while textures took 5 seconds to load in. Something about Biowares games have never clicked with me.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

they also wont be able to touchhalo reach. in sales that is:P

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
While i enjoyed mass effect 1, it wasn't exactly "ZOMG amazing" and to say it's sequel is suddenly gonna pop out and make every other game during the year pale in comparison is a bit of a hyperbole.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Not my kind of RPG so they have quite a few things that "can touch it".

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

i think the ammo and regenerating health is a bad thing to the series not an improvement ill still love the game (i hope) but i miss the old way of doing thingsshadow_hosi
I not mind the ammo but the regenerating health was a bad idea. I'm still excited for the game though.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Cows don't care because they're all going to be playing it on their gaming PCs... :P

Makes you wonder why they haven't picked up Crysis, yet, since every cow has a gaming PC.

Just kidding, cows. Saw the thread title and couldn't resist. :oops:

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So how lemmings feel about play the inferior version from day 1 while PC gamers can play the game as it was ment to be played?:P

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silenthps

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?moistsandwich

they are called previews. Or has nearly every publication been paid by MS to lie? :shock: teh conspiracy!

:/ people never learn. any and every game has the potential to flop and flop hard. don't always trust previews
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

I'm pretty sure the bovine species can touch a tangible object such as a videogame.

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hreyhreyy

So how lemmings feel about play the inferior version from day 1 while PC gamers can play the game as it was ment to be played?:P

aroxx_ab

Bioware wont create new textures for the PC you know that right? Im nto stating the PC version wont be better but you cant say controls because many people prefer controllers to Mouse.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

hreyhreyy

Bioware wont create new textures for the PC you know that right? Im nto stating the PC version wont be better but you cant say controls because many people prefer controllers to Mouse.

It's doesn't matter if the textures are better or not, the game will look better on a PC. Playing better is an opinion.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Play it first then post wild over hyped topics

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

hreyhreyy

They dont have to, they made it for PC then dumbed/downgraded everything to fit 360platform

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silenthps

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

hreyhreyy

they don't need to create new textures. just a higher framerate, resolution, AA/AF would make it look much better. and also, have you learned nothing from Dragon Age: Origins?
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moistsandwich

Actually switching to full regenerating health makes perfect sense from a gameplay standpoint.... since thats basically what it was in the 1st game anyway.... only you had to push a single button everytime you wanted to regen ur health.... i mean if your complaint is that its not realistic, ask yourself, how realistic was it that your characters would regen health at any time without a visit to a med-bay or a trip to the doctor?

Seems to me, all they've done is streamlined the system a bit.... also... most of my healing in the game was done by regen anyway... mostly just took shield damage... which essentially isjust more HP... and my characters all wore armor that gave regen too...

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hreyhreyy

[QUOTE="hreyhreyy"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

They dont have to, they made it for PC then dumbed/downgraded everything to fit 360platform

Truthfully after hearing all teh hubub of how PC versions are so much better, a lot of times I am not blown away by the difference at all.

While tons of games are 100% better on PC, Mass effect is one of those games where the difference between the 2 are really small.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="hreyhreyy"]

hreyhreyy

Truthfully after hearing all teh hubub of how PC versions are so much better, a lot of times I am not blown away by the difference at all.

While tons of games are 100% better on PC, Mass effect is one of those games where the difference between the 2 are really small.

Better graphics with higher frame-rates, better controls, faster loading is not "small difference"

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hreyhreyy

In all honesty, you would be sayingn this about bioshock 2 if it was xbox 360 pc game instead of mass effect 2.

nhh18

Bioshock was the most original storyline ive ever played. The sequel cant capture that amazingness the first had. It will be a very good game but people dont relize how amazing mass effect really is.

hreyhreyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hreyhreyy

[QUOTE="hreyhreyy"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

Better graphics with higher frame-rates, better controls, faster loading is not "small difference"

better controls depends on the person, I am so used to xbox 360 controller I tried playing TF2 on my PC and i had to go and buy a wireless gaming reciever. and aobut frame rate I know bioware wont make the same mistake and will make the 360 version perfectly fine

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

In all honesty, you would be sayingn this about bioshock 2 if it was xbox 360 pc game instead of mass effect 2.

hreyhreyy

Bioshock was the most original storyline ive ever played. The sequel cant capture that amazingness the first had. It will be a very good game but people dont relize how amazing mass effect really is.

mass effect 1 is an awesome game. But isn't top 5 games this gen for me. Mass Effect 2 will most likely be neither. I personally found halo 3, gears of war 1, super mario galaxy, littlebigplanet, and uncharted 2 as my top 5 games. So saying nothing can touch it is completely untrue because I enjoyed some games more.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

hreyhreyy

couldnt agree more.... hey wait a min. are you me in another dimension? Every thing you say seems to be 100% accurate & true.

I feel bad for people that don't get to experience the game.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nhh18

And I really didn't like bioshock.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

aroxx_ab
i don't feel anything, i have a PC that will run ME2 but i'm getting it on the 360, don't care if the PC version is superior, i will enjoy ME2 just the same
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 moistsandwich

And I really didn't like bioshock.

nhh18

wrap ice in a cloth and apply to forehead.... I'll call you a doctor. Your fever has caused some sort of delirium.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Is that so? That's a very bold statement considering FFXIII, SMG2, Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, and Metroid: Other M are all coming out this year as well. I found ME boring so it's unlikely that I'll even bother with ME2.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nhh18

Is that so? That's a very bold statement considering FFXIII, SMG2, Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, and Metroid: Other M are all coming out this year as well. I found ME boring so it's unlikely that I'll even bother with ME2.

Bigboi500

Halo Reach, fable 3, god of war 3, dead space 2, Rage, the list goes on and on.

xX-Incubus-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xX-Incubus-Xx
Member since 2009 • 1120 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?moistsandwich

Lair had very positive previews...Nuff said.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?xX-Incubus-Xx

links? I remember alot of fanboys claiming it'd be a JUGGERNAUT ofa game, hyping its graphics and how great it'd be.... even though I could tell it was turd just waiting to drop. Heck I didn't even need to play it to know it... So excuse me if I doubt that many publications gave it raving previews.... if they did, they weren't "Hands-On" previews.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]how do you know it has improved in every single way possible without having played it first?xX-Incubus-Xx

Bloody game basically killed Factor 5...
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

DarkLink77

Factor 5 basically killed Factor 5...

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

This game is going to blow EVERYTHING out of the water in 2010. My god it has improved in every single way possible over the original which was nothing short of amazing.

Personally this is my vote for the next 10 here ( remember 10 doesnt mean perfect )

hreyhreyy

Do cows relize nothing can touch Mass effect 2 ON PC

just like Mass Effect 1 it will probably score better on PC but it was meh to me i'm looking forward to God of War 3 but i'll probably get ME2 on pc too.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]Lair had very positive previews...Nuff said.

moistsandwich

Factor 5 basically killed Factor 5...

You know, I bet Lair would've been an amazing game if not for the controls. I choose to blame Sony for putting in the Six Axis. It was a cheap rip off at the Wiimote. :P On another note, didn't they patch Lair's controls later on?
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Mass Effect 2 can be touched in many different ways. ;)

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

ill be getting it for the pc while the lemmings can enjoy their downgraded / bad framerate version. i wanna enjoy this game to the fullest settings from start to finish

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
It'll come to PS3 along with the first one on one Blu-ray and have more content. You know it's gonna happen.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
I really enjoyed the original Mass Effect on 360, and I'll probably pick up Mass Effect 2 on 360. That said, I don't necessarily see Mass Effect 2 as the be-all-end-all of gaming as we know it. This is a ridiculous hype thread in my opinion. There's nothing more pathetic than a lonely, misguided fanboy trying to put a game that may or may not be amazing on a pedestal that it may or may not fit on. Oh, and having ammo is a horrible idea. One of the things about the original Mass Effect that I really enjoyed was not having to be concerned about ammo conservation.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Yea i hope it comes to PS3 haha, Dragon Age didnt do it for me, in the bio ware department haha

SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

And whats so special about Mass effect?

I played the 1st one, and expect the dialog wich was cool, theres was nothing super exciting there...

Not to mention Shepard is the most boring main character in a sci-fi series..

Plus it will be on PC, the superior end of it..

I wonder if you realize nothing has yet touched U2 xD

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
So yeah, nothing touches it, I finally realize this, thank you, TC. Thats why I'm gonna get it on the platform that shows it off best......the muthaf*cking PC!!!!!!
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#48 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Considering how little i enjoyed the first game i am not really waiting in anticipation for this sequel.

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

While yes, ME2 is my SECOND most anticipated game of 2010, however the 360 and PC have nothing that can touch my most anticipated game The Last Guardian for the PS3. The PS3 wins whatever year they release a Team Ico game in for me.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]i think the ammo and regenrating health is a bad thing to the series not an improvement ill still love the game (i hope) but i miss the old way of doing things

Ammo reload is only bad if your playing an infiltrator. Regenerating health was in mass effect so no change was really made.