DMC vs GoW vs MGR

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts

A pretty good read here, going into detail on many aspects of each game, from graphics to gameplay. Personally, I'm stoked for all of them.

Link

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9892 Posts
Aaaaargh that gamesradar site is killing me :(. So much pop-ups commercials and other silliness. I only got to page 4. Seemed like an ok article. I'm allready 100% sure I'm getting all three :).
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

GoW>MGR>Nicolas Cage>RE6>DMC

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#5 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

GoWA and MGR will be amazing. DMC on the other hand is the lame bastard child of a once great franchise. May it rot in hell.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

GoW will have the best graphics.

MGSR will have the best gameplay.

DMC will be bad.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

REVENGEANCE is the only one I'm excited about. Looks like the best of the three, and in Platinum I trust. Ascension just looks like another GoW title, but I'll play it since "just another GoW" is still a good game. No interest in DmC, game looks bad.

Slashkice

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on those games as well. I haven't seen any major changes to God of War's combat system. While it is good for mindless button mashing and awesome setpieces and boss fights, I can't justify buying it day one when the combat does not have much depth to it.

MGR looks great though and and waiting to see if a PC version is announced.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

meh never liked God of War so I'm sure I'll find Ascension to be crap. The new DmC just looks so bad so meh to that. Shame to see one of my favorite franchises ruined.

Metal Gear Rising actually looks good though and Platinum make great games so I got faith in them.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9892 Posts

GoW>MGR>Nicolas Cage>RE6>DMC

Z-Fatalis

n

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

REVENGEANCE is the only one I'm excited about. Looks like the best of the three, and in Platinum I trust. Ascension just looks like another GoW title, but I'll play it since "just another GoW" is still a good game. No interest in DmC, game looks bad.

BPoole96

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on those games as well. I haven't seen any major changes to God of War's combat system. While it is good for mindless button mashing and awesome setpieces and boss fights, I can't justify buying it day one when the combat does not have much depth to it.

Oh come on bro, GoW has never been about deep combat. It's about killing things in the most awesomely brutal ways possible in some of gaming's most beautiful and epic settings.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

MGR will probably be the only Metal Gear game I'll ever buy.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

idk ill probably play all of them, but there are way better games coming out like FC3/watch dogs/last of us

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

GOW>>>>>>>>>>>>> Resi 6>>> Vomit>>> MGR>>> Poop>>>DMC

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Oh come on bro, GoW has never been about deep combat. It's about killing things in the most awesomely brutal ways possible in some of gaming's most beautiful and epic settings.

I know the combat was never deep, but it was still fun. After completing each of the main games multiple times, that same combat system has gotten tired. Most other hack and slash games like that have evolved in some ways (DMC3 added a styIe system, NG having tons of different weapons and the UT/OT moves, Bayonetta with Wicked Weaves and combo breaks, etc)

I will give GoW the credit of having a good/fun combat system from the get go back in 2005, but thing that has made the combo new is the golden fleece from 2007 for counter attacks. the Blades of Hades and the Nemesis Whip from GoW3 felt like reskins of the Blades of Exile/Chaos. I liked the Spear and Barbarian Hammer in GoW2 because they handled completely different Blades of Chaos, but were pretty under developed as far as combos go. I wanted to see Santa Monica go all out and make the combat have some more complexity rather than just making "another God of War game"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'm getting all three. Been a huge fan of DMC and GoW since the beginning and also love Bayonetta and PG to know I'm getting MGR. 2013 will be a great year for the Hack'n'Slash genre, my fav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Thats quite true but as an H'n'S "expert" (I like to think I am) I disagree with people saying GoWs combat isnt deep at all. It sure isnt as complex as say Bayonetta, DMC 3,4 or NG but isnt any sloppy job either. Many people say you can beat it with only square square triangle wich may be true but I can bet you can beat Bayonetta with only triangle aswell, providing you dodge at the right time, just use shuraba's jutsu (hold triangle) after activating witch time and voila, you can beat almost the entire game like this. Does that mean the combat isnt deep? No. Like every other game its about how you do it, not what you do. Normal modes in GoW are normally easy but play it on Chaos and I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of trouble and there wont be square square triangle that will save you. I even found GoW3 Chaos mode as challenging as Bayonetta on hard.

GoW is no bayonetta or DMC but you had to be a fool to think its combat isnt deep. You can see lots of great combos hard to manage in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o

The guy that made that video is also a great DMC and NG player btw

Just in case you dont believe I know about my H'n'S you can check my trophies in my alt PSN account: snake01972

You can see I've the trophies for Bayonetta on Hard, GoW3 platinum trophy and NGS2 Path of the Mentor (Hard mode) trophy. I also beat DMC4 on hard and NGS1 on hard aswell but those games dont have trophies :( I'm even currently replaying Bayonetta on my new account

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

DMC & MGR on a versus with the Masterpiece GoW?:lol:

you're funny tc:P

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I'll probably pick up GoW since it's GoW. Never liked DMC, and this reboot looks worse than the games I already disliked. The MG game is not on my radar, but that could change.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_ShakeXXX

Bayonetta 2 comes out next year as well doesn't it? If so 2013 is gonna be a badass year for hack n slash (not including DmC of course, that game is after-birth)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
  1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Who gives a f*ck about the other 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Who gives a f*ck about the other 2

jg4xchamp

You're asking "who gives a f*ck" about GoW, when its the best selling game within the genre?

If so then... millions of people out there :roll:

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BPoole96

Bayonetta 2 comes out next year as well doesn't it? If so 2013 is gonna be a badass year for hack n slash (not including DmC of course, that game is after-birth)

Master_ShakeXXX

I believe Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 comes out as well. I own the first one but haven't gotten around to playing it

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_ShakeXXX

1. God of War Ascension
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Bayonetta 2
  4. Who gives a f*ck about the other 1

jg4xchamp

fixed

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

1. God of War Ascension
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Bayonetta 2

Master_ShakeXXX

What a shocker, you're aiming for the lesser game. I'm stunned. Truly.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 timmy00

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

1. God of War Ascension
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Bayonetta 2

Master_ShakeXXX

fixed

Ew no.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

BPoole96

I believe Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 comes out as well. I own the first one but haven't gotten around to playing it

Never played it myself. I've heard mixed things about it.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

1. God of War Ascension
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Bayonetta 2

jg4xchamp

Somebody else had to take over the reigns after Devil May Cry retired. GoW it is!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I'm mainly excited for it because I think Alucard is going to be in it and I loved Symphony of the Night

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

1. God of War Ascension
  2. Metal Gear Rising
  3. Bayonetta 2

timmy00

fixed

Ew no.

Right?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BPoole96

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Somebody else had to take over the reigns after Devil May Cry retired. GoW it is!

Ninja Gaiden has retired as well, although I like to pretend that never happened. Same case with DMC2. That also never happened. Wtf am I even talking about?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jg4xchamp

Master_ShakeXXX

And you chose the more shallow game dedicated to a male character who has a menstrual cycle? It's like you insist on being lousy. You know where all of this went wrong? Your mother. She had abortion as an option, and chose not to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Master_ShakeXXX

It has a great artsyle and a relatively good story for a videogame (at least a good ending, without spoiling much) but the combat is the most simplistic there is. Even more simplistic then GoW.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] What a shocker, you're aiming for the lesser game. I'm stunned. Truly. BPoole96

Ninja Gaiden has retired as well, although I like to pretend that never happened. Same case with DMC2. That also never happened. Wtf am I even talking about?

The hack n slash genre going down the crapper. It's ok, we all witnessed it. Hopefully next year marks a big comeback.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] What a shocker, you're aiming for the lesser game. I'm stunned. Truly. jg4xchamp

And you chose the more shallow game dedicated to a male character who has a menstrual cycle? It's like you insist on being lousy. You know where all of this went wrong? Your mother. She had abortion as an option, and chose not to.

jeez, you take others opinions waaaay too serious

Dont be a douche

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] What a shocker, you're aiming for the lesser game. I'm stunned. Truly. jg4xchamp

Better than a long legged freak who listens to J-Pop.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]fixed

jg4xchamp

Ew no.

Right?

I'm expecting topics about how great God of War Acension is from Shake after the game comes out.

[spoiler] Even though it'll be the inferior HnS game out of Rising and Bayonetta 2. [/spoiler]

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp

Master_ShakeXXX

Impossible, her game actually has excellent combat

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="timmy00"]Ew no.

timmy00

Right?

I'm expecting topics about how great God of War Acension is from Shake after the game comes out.

[spoiler] Even though it'll be the inferior HnS game out of Rising and Bayonetta 2. [/spoiler]

Even that lousy Castlevania game will be bet....I couldn't even type that with a straight face.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] And you chose the more shallow game dedicated to a male character who has a menstrual cycle? It's like you insist on being lousy. You know where all of this went wrong? Your mother. She had abortion as an option, and chose not to. jg4xchamp

And GoW does? Blasphemy. Just because it doesn't strive to have a deep combat, that doesn't make it inferior. GoW kicks ass in it's own ways.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

Master_ShakeXXX

And GoW does? Blasphemy. Just because it doesn't strive to have a deep combat, that doesn't make it inferior. GoW kicks ass in it's own ways.

It's inferior in every possible way. It's like you, in videogame form.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Right?jg4xchamp

Even that lousy Castlevania game will be bet....I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

If Lords of Shadow 2 is as bad as the first...I don't even know man. I had to force myself to beat the first one and I only did it because I love Castlevania.

And knowing me, I'll still get the LoS2 because of my fanboyism for Castlevania. At least it'll give me an excuse to complain about the game.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Impossible, her game actually has excellent combat

jg4xchamp

It's inferior in every possible way. It's like you, in videogame form.

Sooooooo, inferior graphics, story, bosses, setpieces, puzzles, music, etc? Yeah, my ass.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jg4xchamp

inferior graphics,
Master_ShakeXXX

No

story,

Push they are both bad at it

bosses,

Definitely, not even close. God of War 2 is the only one with a good group beginning to end, and even then Bayonetta's group can clown it on Jeanne and Jubilious alone.

setpieces,

As in major encounter design? Definitely. What I'm suppose to be impressed by the 7 trolls it sent after me? That's a basic major combat encounter in just about any hack n slash game. Outside of that the major set pieces become boss fights, and as stated I'll take Bayonetta's group any day.

puzzles,

Fair point, conceded. Albeit puzzles in god of war are more a product to help pacing, and less actually great puzzles. They are mostly serviceable.

music

Definitely. Bayonetta's gets too much of a bad rep for the fly me to the moon song(which frankly fits the character perfectly), but the boss fight music is nothing short of excellent. Link

My ass

What too much kratos d1ck in there? You disgust me.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Master_ShakeXXX

Why in the f*ck do you have to reply in that god awful format? I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to respond to that mess.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp

Why in the f*ck do you have to reply in that god awful format? I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to respond to that mess.

Master_ShakeXXX
Don't respond, we're already hijacking another thread anyway.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
I would try mgr but I don't think I would like it as much as gow.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Master_ShakeXXX

jg4xchamp

Don't respond, we're already hijacking another thread anyway.

Fair enough

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not really interested in dmc (not a fan of the first lot) gow + mgr...sign me up!
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Bayonetta 2 by far.

Also Lord of Shadows 2, is a crime how this game its been overlooked.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jg4xchamp

Also Lord of Shadows 2, is a crime how this game its been overlooked.

madsnakehhh

Probably because the first game frankly wasn't that good. Whether someone judges it as a Castlevania game or a hack n slash game.