Direct X 11 Screenshots

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
Click here for the screenshots. I must say myself they looked very impressive. Well this is a sneak peak at next generation of gaming now I can't wait for it!
psychosurfer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 psychosurfer10
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts
that's epic
Avatar image for FantasySports02
FantasySports02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FantasySports02
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts
This looks CGI quality to me. Amazing!
Avatar image for kid_who_grew_up
kid_who_grew_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kid_who_grew_up
Member since 2008 • 450 Posts
Is that Ray-tracing?
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
Teh PS3 can easily do that at 1080p.
godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 godofwar2610
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts
Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.McdonaIdsGuy
They look amazing and no Ps3 won't support it but... i got a feeling God of War 3 is gonna look close :D.
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.McdonaIdsGuy

The PS3 will not be able to render those graphics without over-heating the system

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
I hate these sorts of pictures! DX10 is able to do those pictures too, I mean they're only 3d pictures so far. Every time they release a new version of DirectX they are followed by a ****load of crazy videos that show of what the technology can do but the reality is that games can't run like that with everything else going on too.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
I lold hard:lol: Its because of the Blu-Ray remember!
dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.Jekken6

The PS3 will not be able to render those graphics without over-heating the system

Or string four PS3s together.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

What a great idea Microsoft, because Vista and DX10 just worked out so very great.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I hate these sorts of pictures! DX10 is able to do those pictures too, I mean they're only 3d pictures so far. Every time they release a new version of DirectX they are followed by a ****load of crazy videos that show of what the technology can do but the reality is that games can't run like that with everything else going on too. Blommen
Pretty much what I was going to say.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.FirstDiscovery

No no u're so wrong is because of teh all mighty cell.
godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 godofwar2610
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts
When is DX11 going to be released? I dont know know if i should still get my gtx 280.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
Those are obvious bullshots. They've got raytracing and an almost stupid poly count. "This looks CGI quality to me." That's because it is CGI. The only thing that separates CGI from real gameplay is that gameplay is rendered in real-time. These images were not rendered in real time with a smooth framerate, animated and lit with that caliber of visuals. If it isn't obvious to you, exercise some skepticism and move on. What is Microsoft rendering this on? A quad 9800 GTX with 8 gigs of RAM and dual quad-core processors? Or is it just the magic of the new Windows OS? Give me a frickin' break. The hardware doesn't exist to do this in real time and their software is a joke. Direct X 10 was promised to have something like 50% better performance than DX9 and look infinitely better. It has WORSE performance, by a considerable margin, and it's got visuals that are directly comparable to DX9 frame for frame. This is either a trick by an obscure website or more Microsoft hot air.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.FirstDiscovery

did you really lol? that's quite a sense of humor you got there.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 McdonaIdsGuy
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.BobHipJames
Those are obvious bullshots. They've got raytracing and an almost stupid poly count. "This looks CGI quality to me." That's because it is CGI. The only thing that separates CGI from real gameplay is that gameplay is rendered in real-time. These images were not rendered in real time with a smooth framerate, animated and lit with that caliber of visuals. If it isn't obvious to you, exercise some skepticism and move on. What is Microsoft rendering this on? A quad 9800 GTX with 8 gigs of RAM and dual quad-core processors? Or is it just the magic of the new Windows OS? Give me a frickin' break. The hardware doesn't exist to do this in real time and their software is a joke. Direct X 10 was promised to have something like 50% better performance than DX9 and look infinitely better. It has WORSE performance, by a considerable margin, and it's got visuals that are directly comparable to DX9 frame for frame. This is either a trick by an obscure website or more Microsoft hot air.

Still even with crappy performance ps3 games wont ever match crysis level of detail.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.Koalakommander

did you really lol? that's quite a sense of humor you got there.

Meanwhile DX11 magically improves performance to such a degree that they're able to include realismx1000 mod packaged in with every game. I thought the new Windows was going to have the same kernel as Vista...what gives?
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
Why does the Joker look like McCain in that pic?
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.McdonaIdsGuy

Still even with crappy performance ps3 games wont ever match crysis level of detail.

Sure, I'm arguing for PERSPECTIVE, here, and I'll stand right there with you on that. I'll even say that PC is the best gaming platform and that I prefer it infinitely to my Playstation 3, even though my PC can't match up most of the time to what my PS3 is capable of. Mods, maps, and mania. Dystopia and Warcraft 3. Not exactly the best looking games but there's nothing like PC gaming. Now stop accusing me of being a fanboy and exercise your skepticism. I swear, people fall for anything on forums it seems. What happened to "pics or it didn't happen"?
dragonpuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dragonpuppy
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"]Sony fanboys will say that ps3 is going to be able to render that kind of graphics.McdonaIdsGuy

What did any of what Bob said have to do with PS3 games and Crysis?

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
Windows 7 :( How 'bout the Optomize Vista first then worry about another windows format latter! my startup load is about 5-7 mintues... Windows XP was 1-2 I'll pass...
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="Shattered007"]Windows 7 :( How 'bout the Optomize Vista first then worry about another windows format latter! my startup load is about 5-7 mintues... Windows XP was 1-2 I'll pass...

My (admittedly very dim) understanding is that Windows 7 IS Vista, with the same kernel. And they're trying to specifically speed up startup loads. Basically, many of the processes (there are something like 120) that start up along with the system are going to be optional.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 McdonaIdsGuy
Sure, I'm arguing for PERSPECTIVE, here, and I'll stand right there with you on that. I'll even say that PC is the best gaming platform and that I prefer it infinitely to my Playstation 3, even though my PC can't match up most of the time to what my PS3 is capable of. Mods, maps, and mania. Dystopia and Warcraft 3. Not exactly the best looking games but there's nothing like PC gaming. Now stop accusing me of being a fanboy and exercise your skepticism. I swear, people fall for anything on forums it seems. What happened to "pics or it didn't happen"?BobHipJames

Your ps3 aint running a heavy OS and many other programs at the same time,and most of the ps3 games are sub HD and 720p 30fps...and when did i call u fanboy or something :? ?.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]Sure, I'm arguing for PERSPECTIVE, here, and I'll stand right there with you on that. I'll even say that PC is the best gaming platform and that I prefer it infinitely to my Playstation 3, even though my PC can't match up most of the time to what my PS3 is capable of. Mods, maps, and mania. Dystopia and Warcraft 3. Not exactly the best looking games but there's nothing like PC gaming. Now stop accusing me of being a fanboy and exercise your skepticism. I swear, people fall for anything on forums it seems. What happened to "pics or it didn't happen"?McdonaIdsGuy

Your ps3 aint running a heavy OS and many other programs at the same time,and most of the ps3 games are sub HD and 720p 30fps...and when did i call u fanboy or something :? ?.

Most of them are sub HD? Would you like to compile a list to substantiate that ridiculous claim? As far as having a heavy OS: that's the point. Microsoft manufactures bloatware. If we could game on Linux PCs, our games would run smoother on PCs with the same hardware as consoles.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="Shattered007"]Windows 7 :( How 'bout the Optomize Vista first then worry about another windows format latter! my startup load is about 5-7 mintues... Windows XP was 1-2 I'll pass...BobHipJames
My (admittedly very dim) understanding is that Windows 7 IS Vista, with the same kernel. And they're trying to specifically speed up startup loads. Basically, many of the processes (there are something like 120) that start up along with the system are going to be optional.

Ya, that's correct. When windows 7 comes out, it will be 100% backwards compatible (including all drivers) with vista, and most likely from this point forward, now that they've built it modularized. Thats what makes vista so different than XP also, technically the last problematic upgrade (we hope). Thos pics could never be run on any hardware available right now, with 30fps or even 10fps realtime.
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
When is DX11 going to be released? I dont know know if i should still get my gtx 280.godofwar2610
It'll be launched with Windows 7, so I guess around Q3 2009.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shattered007
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="Shattered007"]Windows 7 :( How 'bout the Optomize Vista first then worry about another windows format latter! my startup load is about 5-7 mintues... Windows XP was 1-2 I'll pass...Phazevariance

Ya, that's correct. When windows 7 comes out, it will be 100% backwards compatible (including all drivers) with vista, and most likely from this point forward, now that they've built it modularized. Thats what makes vista so different than XP also, technically the last problematic upgrade (we hope). Thos pics could never be run on any hardware available right now, with 30fps or even 10fps realtime.

So does that mean this is a stand alone update for vista or the predicessor of Vista?
MetalRX78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MetalRX78
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
Why is PS3 being brought up in this thread? It isn't like 360 can handle it. Consoles don't compare to PC. So why is everybody singling out PS3. Might as well mention 360 as well. That picture of Joker looked insane!
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"] My (admittedly very dim) understanding is that Windows 7 IS Vista, with the same kernel. And they're trying to specifically speed up startup loads. Basically, many of the processes (there are something like 120) that start up along with the system are going to be optional.Shattered007

So does that mean this is a stand alone update for vista or the predicessor of Vista?

The prefix "pre" means before. Predecessor means it came first, whereas successor means it comes after.
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
Why is PS3 being brought up in this thread? It isn't like 360 can handle it. Consoles don't compare to PC. So why is everybody singling out PS3. Might as well mention 360 as well. That picture of Joker looked insane!MetalRX78
Probably because a lot of cows often say that the PS3 still has a lot of untapped power and that it will eventually produce graphics like nothing else on the market.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shattered007
Why is PS3 being brought up in this thread? It isn't like 360 can handle it. Consoles don't compare to PC. So why is everybody singling out PS3. Might as well mention 360 as well. That picture of Joker looked insane!MetalRX78
Preemptive Strike judging by fourm history
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

What a great idea Microsoft, because Vista and DX10 just worked out so very great.

t3hTwinky
And if we all stopped progressing forward with technology because something didn't work exactly as planned the first time where would we be? Back in the stone age!
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="MetalRX78"]Why is PS3 being brought up in this thread? It isn't like 360 can handle it. Consoles don't compare to PC. So why is everybody singling out PS3. Might as well mention 360 as well. That picture of Joker looked insane!Can-o-Mark
Probably because a lot of cows often say that the PS3 still has a lot of untapped power and that it will eventually produce graphics like nothing else on the market.

No one says that any more. What drives me crazy is when people deny that the Cell processor has a massive peak performance, which is at once obvious and easy to demonstrate. Just stop trying to make everything one-dimensional.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="t3hTwinky"]

Zenkuso
And if we all stopped progressing forward with technology because something didn't work exactly as planned the first time where would we be? Back in the stone age!

Actually, if Microsoft never took off, we'd be a hell of a lot better off. Some ideas never "progress," they just wallow in their own muck. You will recall that Vista actually requires HIGHER technical specifications (much higher) to run the same game with lower performance.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="Zenkuso"][QUOTE="t3hTwinky"]

BobHipJames

Actually, if Microsoft never took off, we'd be a hell of a lot better off.

If they never took off we'd have someone else in there place, its that simple.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
More like the PS4 and 720. I I can only imagine what CryEngine 3 will be like :o.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
wow thats amazing! i just hope the card i have now can do dx 11 haha
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="Zenkuso"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="Zenkuso"] And if we all stopped progressing forward with technology because something didn't work exactly as planned the first time where would we be? Back in the stone age!

Actually, if Microsoft never took off, we'd be a hell of a lot better off.

If they never took off we'd have someone else in there place, its that simple.

What do you mean by that, we'd have another Vista gobbling up system resources? More hard disc corruption, crappy file systems, viruses, security holes, bugs, absurd amounts of processes in the background, ridiculous revenue generating schemes, monopolization.....? All I want is Linux, damn it. And by the way the only legitimate commercial competitor to Microsoft was and is Macintosh, and they suck so bad they wouldn't even be able to take as much market share as Microsoft was able to.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BobHipJames

wow thats amazing! i just hope the card i have now can do dx 11 hahaJetB1ackNewYear
Of course it can. Microsoft would hate for you to have to spend money.

They're busy working their wizardry to make sure that your graphics card can do more than it's actually physically capable of doing just so you can tell your friends how "bomb" the new Windows is. Mojave, ****!

Richard7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Richard7666
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
These pictures mean nothing at all. Show me something running in a real-time engine, then I'll be interested in visual demonstrations.
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#43 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts
I think i hear bill gates snickering in his evil underground lair.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I am suprised they are working on DX11 when current hardware cant handle DX10.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
And guess how many games are going to look anything like that... Hmmm.... Maybe one. Nah none of them.
walter429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 walter429
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

But i just bought a new computer!!!

And DX10 sucks... lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Click here for the screenshots. I must say myself they looked very impressive. Well this is a sneak peak at next generation of gaming now I can't wait for it!jakarai
Refer to http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38145/135/

Real time raytracing Transformers movie trailers on ATI Radeon HD 2900/3800. Ruby demo from http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aT37b2QjkZc

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

They are fake.

Link

Besides is too early for dx11 since no game that utilizes the full capabilities of dx10 appeared ( the only game that does extensive use of dx10 capabilities is Crysis and even there there is a lot of room for improvement )

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

They are fake.

Link

Besides is too early for dx11 since no game that utilizes the full capabilities of dx10 appeared ( the only game that does extensive use of dx10 capabilities is Crysis and even there there is a lot of room for improvement )

adamosmaki
Is it just me or does that link just say "these images are fake"
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
When is DX11 going to be released? I dont know know if i should still get my gtx 280.godofwar2610
I'm guessing whenever Xbox 720 is released, so 2011 maybe?