Digital Foundry Sword And Fairy 7 Tech Review: The High End PC Exclusive Nobody's Talking About

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11802 Posts

This is surprising I didn't think Digital Foundry would cover this game but I guess the trailers Nvidia uploaded on their channel must have gotten their attention. The game launched on Steam on October 21st.

Wow, this game really looks good, even better than the demo footage I saw. The RT reflections are also translucent on water and there are caustics. Unfortunately, all RT effects are under one setting so you can't change each RT effect individually to pick and choose which effects you want. The game is a monster to run with RT on High and Super High even with DLSS. I am surprised that the RTX 2060 is able to run it on Super High with 35 fps average at 1080p with DLSS at quality. I am scared to see how my RTX 2070 Super Laptop is going to run it. I want to play it on Super High but I guess I'll have no choice but to play at 1080p.

Anyway the game's default price is is $29.99 on Steam. Which is awesome don't even have to wait for it to go on sale and it has a ton of content so you're definitely getting your money's worth. Another reason I hope for more quality Chinese games is they don't charge you $60-$70 like the West and Japan.

Don't worry console gamers this game will likely come to consoles as Softstar has ported the previous Sword and Fairy game over and are porting over Xuan Yuan 7 Western version later this month.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44589 Posts

Looks pretty... pretty boring. Brag about this instead (I assume something like this will be a PC exclusive):

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

More interested in the 1st game than the latest one.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@lamprey263: That looks like it has a lot of potential, like GirlUSoCrazy said it does look like a modern Black, which would be awesome.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

What's so high-end about it besides RT?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6903 Posts

Chinese developed games have this weird quality where they look incredible in screenshots are highlight videos but once you play them they fall apart. I could't figure out why this was until a few months ago and i noticed something. Things like combat animation, hit detection and environmental reactions always look terrible.

Maybe this games different( haven't played it) but it's something I've noticed in many chinese developed games.