Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@BassMan said:

Where are they getting these percentages from? 1080p is 25% of 4K. How is 972p 45% of 4K? Are they losing their minds over at DF? They are dividing 972 by 2160. That is some amateur shit right there and not how it works. You have to compare the total pixel counts. Very disappointed. I have lost a lot of respect for DF after seeing that fuk up.

It's actually quite common to measure the axis instead of the whole resolution.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#102  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17850 Posts
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Where are they getting these percentages from? 1080p is 25% of 4K. How is 972p 45% of 4K? Are they losing their minds over at DF? They are dividing 972 by 2160. That is some amateur shit right there and not how it works. You have to compare the total pixel counts. Very disappointed. I have lost a lot of respect for DF after seeing that fuk up.

It's actually quite common to measure the axis instead of the whole resolution.

You measure each axis to calculate the total resolution. It is just dumb to make comments like 972p is 45% of 4K when it is not representative of the total resolution and the demand placed on the GPU. I am actually shocked that an establishment specializing in technical analysis of games would misrepresent information like that. It is something that a noob who doesn't know what they are talking about would say. I never had issues with Thomas Morgan in the past, but that is a blunder that I can not overlook and needs to be called out.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, well we are living in the post RT world so naturally we will judge it by the current standards. The same way we don't judge graphics by software rendering after the advent of HW T&L.

648p and drops below 40FPS in 2023.

Worse than 2060 as all have been saying along that with DX12U features PS5 will at best perform on par with 2060 - S. Give it DLSS and it will leave PS5 in the dust with IQ.

Nobody uses RT unless you have a 4090🤡Major waste of frames, and don't try to deny that this is not the case.

Everyone does that apart from consolites or people with AMD. That's why DLSS exists.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39434 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, well we are living in the post RT world so naturally we will judge it by the current standards. The same way we don't judge graphics by software rendering after the advent of HW T&L.

Worse than 2060 as all have been saying along that with DX12U features PS5 will at best perform on par with 2060 - S. Give it DLSS and it will leave PS5 in the dust with IQ.

Nobody uses RT unless you have a 4090🤡Major waste of frames, and don't try to deny that this is not the case.

Everyone does that apart from consolites or people with AMD. That's why DLSS exists.

Pretending like DLSS is supported in every game with RT is very foolish. You're a fool hermit.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6987 Posts
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

This is just delusion. A 2060s has been getting trounced by the PS5 since 2022 in one game after another.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Pretending like DLSS is supported in every game with RT is very foolish. You're a fool hermit.

Most games that have RT also does unless it was sponsored by AMD like this one. Funny how an AMD sponsored game is beaten by a 2060. Cerny needs to hurry up in unlocking the powah of teh SSD.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#107 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

Consoles encourages the adoption of newer tech because of the standardized hardware. RT is where it is at because of the adoption in the consoles space which also benefits PC. I still don't get the silliness behind the rift between platforms that share the same hardware.🤷🏽‍♀️

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39434 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Most games that have RT also does unless it was sponsored by AMD like this one. Funny how an AMD sponsored game is beaten by a 2060. Cerny needs to hurry up in unlocking the powah of teh SSD.

What a foolish thing to say.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PC_Rocks
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:

What a foolish thing to say.

How dare you call Cerny and his SSD foolish!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Juub1990
@BassMan said:

You measure each axis to calculate the total resolution. It is just dumb to make comments like 972p is 45% of 4K when it is not representative of the total resolution and the demand placed on the GPU. I am actually shocked that an establishment specializing in technical analysis of games would misrepresent information like that. It is something that a noob who doesn't know what they are talking about would say. I never had issues with Thomas Morgan in the past, but that is a blunder that I can not overlook and needs to be called out.

Tom isn't the only one. Alex and I believe NxGamer do it too. Even the guys at Epic do that. They told Alex that Fortnite running on UE 5.2 on the SX and PS5 is 55% of 4K on PS5 and 59% on Xbox Series X referring to the axis. So 1188p and 1274p respectively.

I've heard that very frequently so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By BassMan
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Tom isn't the only one. Alex and I believe NxGamer do it too. Even the guys at Epic do that. They told Alex that Fortnite running on UE 5.2 on the SX and PS5 is 55% of 4K on PS5 and 59% on Xbox Series X referring to the axis. So 1188p and 1274p respectively.

I've heard that very frequently so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

I never noticed them using misleading percentages like that. I usually just pay attention to the resolutions. I did not suspect they were manipulating percentages to make the lower resolutions appear better than what they actually are. That is very disappointing if the others have been doing it too.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I am enjoying the game and I find the game to have a lot less issues than fallen order did even after fallen order had been out a long time and had a lot of patches but never got around to playing it on ps5. But fallen order I saw texture pooping like crazy and the game at times in elevators and hallways and such would like freeze for like 5 seconds seeing none of that on survival. On survival I had the game freeze just once on me in like 9 hours or so that I have played so far and outside of being around water zero frame rate drops but the graphics are a let down for sure being a ps5/xbox series game. I find the game on ps5 dosnt even look has good has some ps4 games. Games like ghost of Tsushima, spiderman look far better on ps4 than this game on ps5.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Juub1990

@BassMan: To me at least, it’s easier that way. If you tell me 60% of a 4K axis, I automatically know that it’s in the ~1300p ballpark. If you tell me 60% of the total pixel count, that’s about 5 million pixels and I have honestly no idea what that resolution is. The numbers in the millions are just too large to mentally process.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BassMan
@Juub1990 said:

@BassMan: To me at least, it’s easier that way. If you tell me 60% of a 4K axis, I automatically know that it’s in the ~1300p ballpark. If you tell me 60% of the total pixel count, that’s about 5 million pixels and I have honestly no idea what that resolution is. The numbers in the millions are just too large to mentally process.

4K, aka 2160p, is a resolution first and foremost (3840x2160). A resolution is a multiplication of both the horizontal (X) and vertical (Y) axis to get the total pixel count. So, giving percentages based off a single axis is just dumb as that is only one half of the resolution equation. The only time you would want to calculate percentages based off a single axis is to try and hide the fact that the resolution is actually worse than what is being portrayed. This is unethical and the wrong way of doing things.

Going back to 4K being a resolution (horizontal pixels multiplied by vertical pixels)... saying 972p is 45% of 4K is a straight up lie. 972p (1728x972) is actually only 20% of 4K/2160p (3840x2160). They did not specifiy that the percentage is relative to a single axis. Even if they had specified that, as I mentioned before, that would be a dumb comparison anyway. It would not actually compare the resolutions or give a proper representation of the demand on the GPU. So, what they are doing is completely fucked. They should just provide honest, accurate, and actual useful information by saying 972p is 20% of 4K (2160p).

...and yes, that is as terrible as it sounds. These consoles should not be dropping to 972p in quality mode. That is pathetic.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Juub1990
@BassMan said:

4K, aka 2160p, is a resolution first and foremost (3840x2160). A resolution is a multiplication of both the horizontal (X) and vertical (Y) axis to get the total pixel count. So, giving percentages based off a single axis is just dumb as that is only one half of the resolution equation. The only time you would want to calculate percentages based off a single axis is to try and hide the fact that the resolution is actually worse than what is being portrayed. This is unethical and the wrong way of doing things.

Going back to 4K being a resolution (horizontal pixels multiplied by vertical pixels)... saying 972p is 45% of 4K is a straight up lie. 972p (1728x972) is actually only 20% of 4K/2160p (3840x2160). They did not specifiy that the percentage is relative to a single axis. Even if they had specified that, as I mentioned before, that would be a dumb comparison anyway. It would not actually compare the resolutions or give a proper representation of the demand on the GPU. So, what they are doing is completely fucked. They should just provide honest, accurate, and actual useful information by saying 972p is 20% of 4K (2160p).

...and yes, that is as terrible as it sounds. These consoles should not be dropping to 972p in quality mode. That is pathetic.

Well, the whole industry does it. Play TLOU Part I for instance and go to resolutions scaling. If you set it at 90% from 4K, it'll go down to 3456x1944. Same for Gears or any other game that has a scaling option. It always refers to both axis.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By BassMan
@Juub1990 said:
@BassMan said:

Well, the whole industry does it. Play TLOU Part I for instance and go to resolutions scaling. If you set it at 90% from 4K, it'll go down to 3456x1944. Same for Gears or any other game that has a scaling option. It always refers to both axis.

That is applying 90% scaling to each axis separately and is not actually 90% of 4K. It ends up being only 81%. They probably do that because it makes it easier to calculate the amount of pixels for each axis as opposed to taking a percentage of the total pixel count and then trying to calculate each axis based on an aspect ratio.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#118 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

Loving the game on the Xbox Series X™.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Juub1990

@BassMan: I know. I’m just saying Tom didn’t commit a cardinal sin. What he did happens all the time. Hell, I hear more people referring to the axis when they say percentage than the actual percentage.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro

I finally got around to playing the game and the performance of this game is pretty awful.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@Pedro said:

I finally got around to playing the game and the performance of this game is pretty awful.

Did you play it at 648p on the PS5?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Pedro

@kvallyx: Series X

KvallyX

Forum Posts