Did Torchlight 2 and Guild Wars 2 make it hard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

My friends, sacred 3 was recently announced. Indeed, just recently footage has been shown.

Currently playing Torchlight II myself (me) I thought "what is the fucking point of this?"

At the price of £40. Most likely with ransomed dlc. And from past history, inferior design to the Torchlight franchise, what is the point?

Torchlight cost £15. It is arguably the best Diablo clone to exist. A poll on this very board (you) agreed, it was superior to Diablo 3 (£50).

Likewise Guild Wars 2. No online fee. Story-telling. Production values. Free post content. Looking at everything else in the genre and what they are attempting to offer for value in price the same question arises "whats the fucking point?".

Discuss.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Torchlight is far from the best diablo clone

Titan quest is a much better game than torchlight and from the looks of it Grim dawn is better as well

Path of exile also a better diablo clone

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
"whats the fucking point?".

Because you enjoy that genre of game and want to play more. Sometimes I think you forget the enjoy bit when you talk about games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

@adamosmaki said:

My friend, a poll was made.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adamosmaki

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

when and when 50-100 people in an internet forum on 1 topic indicate what game is better ?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@adamosmaki said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

when and when 50-100 people in an internet forum on 1 topic indicate what game is better ?

Metacritic agrees as well.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamosmaki

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@adamosmaki said:

Metacritic agrees as well.

well TQ has a higher user score on MC compared to torchlight

and to answer your topic you enjoy a genre and you want more good games from that genre so there is the point

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

Titan quest is a much better game than torchlight and from the looks of it Grim dawn is better as well

L

O

L

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I...

Just...

hahahahahahahahaha

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

You can make an argument for PoE being better than Torchlight 2 but get the **** outta here with that "Titan Quest was better"

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Torchlight 2 was great, but I had better fun with The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. Amazing hack and slash. I have high hopes for the sequel. Hopefully, they won't **** it up.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Well I think...oh, uninspired thread.....

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Out of curiosity, what's your take on Path of Exile?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Uninspired Cup being a fakeboy as usual. Path of Exile is THE Diablo-like game to play now. get with the times man... TORCHLIGHT LOL.

Guild Wars value for money... awful cartoonish cutscene story-telling with a very generic script..... level to 80 and repeat repettive content like no other. then no good end-game... damn that moneys worth.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Too difficult for him i guess !

Btw ive played almost all Online ARPG there are ... Path of Exile is by far one of the best games i ever played. Diablo 2 still my favorite but Path being so good and offering so much while being 100% free is an achivement like no other in online ARPG genre . Period

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup

@AdobeArtist said:

My friend while the free2play model for this title is undoubtedly quality without insulting the consumers intelligence, the pacing and streamlined non convoluted leveling system in Torchlight II was much more to my personal preference.

You could argue as well (I suppose) Path Of Exile makes other free2play titles look bad.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Stop posting already.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@AdobeArtist said:

Btw ive played almost all Online ARPG there are ... Path of Exile is by far one of the best games i ever played. Diablo 2 still my favorite but Path being so good and offering so much while being 100% free is an achivement like no other in online ARPG genre . Period

While I haven't played all the ARPGs out there (did play Torchlight 1 on XBLA, not 2) what really draws me to POE is it's skill tree, which is the most intricate and really devises the most diverse and flexible class building of any game of this type. Add to that the customization through skill gems and the linking combos, and just wow.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@AzatiS said:

@AdobeArtist said:

While I haven't played all the ARPGs out there (did play Torchlight 1 on XBLA, not 2) what really draws me to POE is it's skill tree, which is the most intricate and really devises the most diverse and flexible class building of any game of this type. Add to that the customization through skill gems and the linking combos, and just wow.

It was the exact opposite experience with PoE for me. I hated the skill tree. Yeah, it's great in that it allows for considerable customization, but the problem with it is, whenever you gain a level and put a point into the skill tree, you barely notice any difference whatsoever with your character. Even the valuable skills rarely gave you a noticeable bump in power. I never felt like my character was ever truly progressing, because the changes were so minute.

That being said, it was still a solid game, but I prefer Torchlight 2.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#21 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

gw2 is nothing like torchlight or diablo

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adamosmaki

@JML897 said:

@adamosmaki said:

You can make an argument for PoE being better than Torchlight 2 but get the **** outta here with that "Titan Quest was better"

and why i cant make an argument about Titan quest been better ? And apparently i'm not the only one seeing that alot of users according to user score on metacritic seem to think that as well. One of the biggest advantages of titan quest was level variety and design ( much better than torchlight ) as well as enemy variety

Mind you i'm talking about Titan quest with immortal throne add on that adds alot to the game and fixes alot of its shortcomings

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Uninspired Cup being a fakeboy as usual. Path of Exile is THE Diablo-like game to play now. get with the times man... TORCHLIGHT LOL.

Guild Wars value for money... awful cartoonish cutscene story-telling with a very generic script..... level to 80 and repeat repettive content like no other. then no good end-game... damn that moneys worth.

Disagree, Torchlight II is a fantastic game offering a great SP experience, not everyone wants pure online like with PoE.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Reaper of Souls and Path of Exile (the gods of ARPG atm). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hacker Light 2

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Lucianu said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Disagree, Torchlight II is a fantastic game offering a great SP experience, not everyone wants pure online like with PoE.

Very true my friend. Generally speaking in Diablo style titles, no team work either. Just run round with someone else to happens to be in the same game. Most of the community is full of young angry people, why bother?

As I'm sure we can all agree, Torchlight II is as fine tuned a game as one can get.