DId the new Alan Wait trailer come out yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
couple days ago, we had a thread about ALan Wait trailer coming out some time this week. so after hearing about that, i got excited again for this game. i have been waiting 3 years for new info on this game.. SO is the new trailer out yet? because i am tired of waiting for this game.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nope. Just wait.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
yap just wait for wake and wait for lbp and wait for everything else. yeesh.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Three years isn't that long... StarCraft II has been in development for longer than that, as has Duke Nukem Forever... and Too Human... Alan Wake is just taking a little longer than the standard development cycle, which is to be expected considering the scope of the game and what Remedy is trying to achieve.
PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
You know the trailer didnt come out yet, thats why you added alan wait.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
im pretty sure it was premiering w/ the finnish release of max payne today.. so it may be a while...if at all..
blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

Three years isn't that long... StarCraft II has been in development for longer than that, as has Duke Nukem Forever... and Too Human... Alan Wake is just taking a little longer than the standard development cycle, which is to be expected considering the scope of the game and what Remedy is trying to achieve.foxhound_fox

Star craft 2 wasnt announced 3 years ago though.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

i can wait for alan wake.

im looking forward to renting it since it will probably offer up 10-15 hours of gameplay.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

To everyone saying it didn't come out yet....

It did...

It was shown at the Finnish Premiere for Max Payne...

But it was ONLY shown there.

They said that from the start...

It will be on the internet EVENTUALLY, but anyone who was expecting them to put it on Gametrailers/IGN/Gamespot on the 16th must be either illiterate or not paying any attention...

XB360_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XB360_John
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts

Three years isn't that long... StarCraft II has been in development for longer than that, as has Duke Nukem Forever... and Too Human... Alan Wake is just taking a little longer than the standard development cycle, which is to be expected considering the scope of the game and what Remedy is trying to achieve.foxhound_fox

exactly. they have a vision and they want to get as close to it as possible, this takes time. sometimes i dont think people here understand this.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horrowhip

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Three years isn't that long... StarCraft II has been in development for longer than that, as has Duke Nukem Forever... and Too Human... Alan Wake is just taking a little longer than the standard development cycle, which is to be expected considering the scope of the game and what Remedy is trying to achieve.XB360_John

exactly. they have a vision and they want to get as close to it as possible, this takes time. sometimes i dont think people here understand this.

not just that but 30 guys making a 20-30 hour, 30 square km open world game is rather ridiculous...

Teams that even try to approach the level of content they are almost always have 140+ people...

Far Cry 2 has like 200 people... Fallout 3 has like 150 people. Fable 2 has like 150 people.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 spike6566
so looks like ill be waiting for 3 more years for alan wait :(. im startign to think that the 360 cant handle a game like alan wait. might come out on the xbox 720
Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
I have a feeling that this game will never come out.
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

To everyone saying it didn't come out yet....

It did...

It was shown at the Finnish Premiere for Max Payne...

But it was ONLY shown there.

They said that from the start...

It will be on the internet EVENTUALLY, but anyone who was expecting them to put it on Gametrailers/IGN/Gamespot on the 16th must be either illiterate or not paying any attention...

horrowhip

This.

joshpetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 joshpetty
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
i have a feeling this is coming to the ps3
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horrowhip

i have a feeling this is coming to the ps3joshpetty

Microsoft is publishing.... So no.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

[QUOTE="joshpetty"]i have a feeling this is coming to the ps3horrowhip

Microsoft is publishing.... So no.

Microsoft published Vampire rain. That piece of crap came to Ps3.

Anyways let's stay on topic. Who wants to pay money to see max payne? No one :P so i guess no one will sneak in a camera :P

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I'm no fanboy, but you have to admit that MS fans have a double standard when it comes to Alan Wake and Killzone 2, can't we just admit that neither should have been announced so long ago??? :?
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

I'm no fanboy, but you have to admit that MS fans have a double standard when it comes to Alan Wake and Killzone 2, can't we just admit that neither should have been announced so long ago??? :?snorlaxmaster

Why? Because of the waiting? Why should gamers care that much if they have enough games to keep them busy, which both Sony and MS have provided.

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 snorlaxmaster

[QUOTE="snorlaxmaster"]I'm no fanboy, but you have to admit that MS fans have a double standard when it comes to Alan Wake and Killzone 2, can't we just admit that neither should have been announced so long ago??? :?Krigon

Why? Because of the waiting? Why should gamers care that much if they have enough games to keep them busy, which both Sony and MS have provided.

Exactly!! But I see MS fans (not specifically on this site) saying "Killzone has been delayed since 05" but overlooking the fact that some of their games have been in development just as long. You hit it right on the head though, gamers should be enjoying whats out instead of anticipating whats ahead. Now whens LBP comming out!!! ;( lol
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snorlaxmaster

Microsoft published Vampire rain. That piece of crap came to Ps3.

Anyways let's stay on topic. Who wants to pay money to see max payne? No one :P so i guess no one will sneak in a camera :P

Krigon
It did, however i do believe the name was slightly altered on the PS3 version *cough*Ninja Gaiden Sigma II please* :)
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts
whats so special about it? is it just that its free roaming? (sorry if i seem abrupt)
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 snorlaxmaster
whats so special about it? is it just that its free roaming? (sorry if i seem abrupt) o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Its being made by the devs of Max Payne, it is a free roaming psycological(?) thriller about an author(i think) in a mysterious town filled with creepy stuffs.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horrowhip

[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]whats so special about it? is it just that its free roaming? (sorry if i seem abrupt) snorlaxmaster
Its being made by the devs of Max Payne, it is a free roaming psycological(?) thriller about an author(i think) in a mysterious town filled with creepy stuffs.

It is a Free Roaming Psychological Thriller like you said.

About Alan Wake, an author who writes thrillers. He moves to Bright Falls to try to get away from his nightmares, but in Bright Falls they don't just get worse, they come to life.

And that is the whole dynamic of the game... You are fighting against your nightmares.

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 snorlaxmaster

[QUOTE="snorlaxmaster"][QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]whats so special about it? is it just that its free roaming? (sorry if i seem abrupt) horrowhip

About Alan Wake, an author who writes thrillers. He moves to Bright Falls to try to get away from his nightmares, but in Bright Falls they don't just get worse, they come to life.

And that is the whole dynamic of the game... You are fighting against your nightmares.

Dude you made it sound sooooo much cooler then i did. Do you know if there's going to be any action/platformer like parts (ie: climb up to cave filled with monsters) cuz that'd be wicked cool, but if not that's cool too. :P
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Star craft 2 wasnt announced 3 years ago though. blues35301

But it's been in production for a long time... and Too Human was originally going to be a Playstation game.

And I don't get this whole deal with waiting for games being spun as an inherently bad thing. Good games take time to make and patience is always rewarded. I'd rather wait for a good game then get a game unfinished early. The focus on instant gratification in gaming these days is probably why there is so much buggy crap on the market.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horrowhip
[QUOTE="horrowhip"]

[QUOTE="snorlaxmaster"][QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"]whats so special about it? is it just that its free roaming? (sorry if i seem abrupt) snorlaxmaster

Dude you made it sound sooooo much cooler then i did. Do you know if there's going to be any action/platformer like parts (ie: climb up to cave filled with monsters) cuz that'd be wicked cool, but if not that's cool too. :P

They have kept very quiet about it all but they have hinted at the likelyhood of a puzzle element to the "boss" battles against your nightmare at the end of each Episode(they are structuring it sort of like a TV show with Episodes in a Season).

One thing they have said is that you will be able to use the day to set traps for your nightmares. The game has a day-night cycle where the day time is you going around doing quests for the citizens of the town, preparing for night, and in general learning more about what is going one. Then, at night, you face off against your nightmares. One example of a trap they have referenced finding an area with a fair amount of light that you can use to your advantage(since light is just as big a weapon as a gun is against the nightmares), leave them off and then you find the nightmare and draw them into the trap.

At least that is something they explained early on in the dev cycle... But that is just one example... In general, the idea is that you need to use light for both offense and defense, and there will be times where you won't be able to enact your perfect "Trap" and it will become a fight for your life...

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horrowhip

Something else that is important to note, from what I have gathered from various forum posts by Remedy as well as interviews and videos about the game, is that the game will be structured more like Shadow of the Collossus where rather than fighting a LOT of pointless enemies, you will go against one single enemy(maybe a couple) where you need to really find out how to kill it. That is going to be the whole point of each Episodes, finding out how to kill a nightmare, and then killing it...

At least that is how I have interpreted what they said so far... Maybe I am wrong... But I doubt it.

pseudocaesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pseudocaesar
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
Why is it that when a 360 or PC title takes years to develop its ok and totally worth the wait. Oh they are a small studio, they are perfectionists etc etc. yeh yeh yeh. Guerilla isnt exactly a giant firm is it, yet OH NO its terrible that Killzone 2 has been in development for so long! Hunt them down and burn them at the stake! Seriously. Lemmings are the worst hypocrites ever.
Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts
The game looks different but I don't see it being that fun, anything what would make the game fun would seem a little over the top and ruin the story for me
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 All_that_is_Man

Does anyone else hate when people use the term lemmings!??! who started that....The only time people should use that term is in reference to

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horrowhip

Why is it that when a 360 or PC title takes years to develop its ok and totally worth the wait. Oh they are a small studio, they are perfectionists etc etc. yeh yeh yeh. Guerilla isnt exactly a giant firm is it, yet OH NO its terrible that Killzone 2 has been in development for so long! Hunt them down and burn them at the stake! Seriously. Lemmings are the worst hypocrites ever.pseudocaesar

Guerrilla IS gigantic now...

They have over 170 people working on Killzone 2(140 in house at Guerrilla, plus the many outsourced people who are contributing).

170 >>>>>>>>> 30

Besides, the scope of the two games is completely different...

Killzone 2 = Extremely scripted corridor shooter.

Alan Wake = Open World Game with a 30 square kilometer map

So, you are wrong, it is completely different.

Edit- was slightly wrong about the size of Guerrilla, but point still stands... Guerrilla is a huge studio now

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spike6566
lemmings are hypocrites when it comes to waiting for a game. here we have ALan Wait which was announced almost 4 years ago, and still not new info on it. but its ok, since its a 360 game. but yet when it comes to the ps3, its not all right.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

lemmings are hypocrites when it comes to waiting for a game. here we have ALan Wait which was announced almost 4 years ago, and still not new info on it. but its ok, since its a 360 game. but yet when it comes to the ps3, its not all right. spike6566
PC and 360 game.

And IMO, this game looks like it's being designed for a state of the art PC, I wonder how much it'll differ on the 360 version.

Lightning-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lightning-XIII
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
no but what system is it coming out for
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spike6566
no but what system is it coming out forLightning-XIII
probably for the xbox 720
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 horrowhip

[QUOTE="Lightning-XIII"]no but what system is it coming out forspike6566
probably for the xbox 720

go away troll....

It will be out on the Xbox 360 and PC.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Why is it that when a 360 or PC title takes years to develop its ok and totally worth the wait. Oh they are a small studio, they are perfectionists etc etc. yeh yeh yeh. Guerilla isnt exactly a giant firm is it, yet OH NO its terrible that Killzone 2 has been in development for so long! Hunt them down and burn them at the stake! Seriously. Lemmings are the worst hypocrites ever.pseudocaesar

Sorry, but Killzone nor Shellshock: Nam '67 are the games of even half of Max Payne's calibre.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horrowhip

[QUOTE="pseudocaesar"]Why is it that when a 360 or PC title takes years to develop its ok and totally worth the wait. Oh they are a small studio, they are perfectionists etc etc. yeh yeh yeh. Guerilla isnt exactly a giant firm is it, yet OH NO its terrible that Killzone 2 has been in development for so long! Hunt them down and burn them at the stake! Seriously. Lemmings are the worst hypocrites ever.Salt_The_Fries

Sorry, but Killzone nor Shellshock: Nam '67 are the games of even half of Max Payne's calibre.

not only that, but as I said above, Guerrilla currently has 150+ people working on Killzone 2.

Remedy has a whole 30 people, including outsourced....

All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 All_that_is_Man
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]

[QUOTE="pseudocaesar"]Why is it that when a 360 or PC title takes years to develop its ok and totally worth the wait. Oh they are a small studio, they are perfectionists etc etc. yeh yeh yeh. Guerilla isnt exactly a giant firm is it, yet OH NO its terrible that Killzone 2 has been in development for so long! Hunt them down and burn them at the stake! Seriously. Lemmings are the worst hypocrites ever.horrowhip

not only that, but as I said above, Guerrilla currently has 150+ people working on Killzone 2.

Remedy has a whole 30 people, including outsourced....

You can't really base it on how many people it has.....

They could have 150 chimpazee's for all we know