Diablo III is overhyped (And so is Blizzard)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ng1234
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

Blizzard is essentially creating a game for the close-minded older diablo elitists.

Those not open for change, afraid of innovation and just want more of the same old thing.

Zero risk.

Its still the same old mindless hack and slash clicker.

What exactly is it that you people are excited about? Will you in 10 years still stick to PC gaming tradition and play ancient games?

If that is what keeps you satisfied, your standards must have reached the bottom. Because you don't know what you're missing.

Nintendo however, does take risk, and take the effort to innovate. Their reward? Market domination. Their reputation in System Wars? Threated like garbage... Nintendo deserves far more credit then some overrated company that stole all their creativity from Games Workshop, Warhammer IP.

This man deserves far more credit. He is the person responsible for keeping the Gaming Industry alive. We... lesser beings, can't even slightly comprehend his Godly genius brain.

Blizzard didn't contribute anything to the industry. They milk their fanbase, wich consists mostly of close-minded elitists.
Not even 1 Blizzard game is in the Top 10 of Gamerankings... wich supports my argument even more.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
The fans would be really dissapointed if Blizzard completely changed how Diablo plays.
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

Its still the same old mindless hack and slash clicker.

ng1234

you crashed your opinion with this statement.

and diablo 2 was one of the best games ever you should go play that and then see Diablo 3 classes gameplay ( in HD if you one of those graphic wh**es).

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
agreed, I just dont see why hermits are hyping diablo 3
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Companies like to keep some thing similar. Not every company is going to make drastic or super innovative changes in their sequels.

- 4 player co-o
- new unique ****s
- easier/more accesible combat
- better battlenet

I'm sure there will be some ohter gameplay featues/mechanics we don't know about. D3 haters are going to get owned.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TREAL_Since

agreed, I just dont see why hermits are hyping diablo 3mingo123

Just like any Halo fan would get excited for the next Halo game. It's excitement. I haven't seen anyone hype the game or say it will be GOTY.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

What exactly is it that you people are excited about?

ng1234

destructible environments, for one. especially since you can kill people with said environments.

Avatar image for ReturnOfShinobi
ReturnOfShinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReturnOfShinobi
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts
Diablo 2 is a masterpiece, people STILL play it, Diablo 3 will own, when was the last time they made a game short of amazing?:|
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
That's right. You console fanboys aint getting Diablo III.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Dude, Diablo III is out, and you've played it, and therefore can judge it's quality? Amazing!
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

Right, BLizzard milks its fanbase by releasing 2 starcraft games every year....oh wait...thats mario.....

the amount of milkage nintendo franchises get is astronomiclly higher than what Blizzard does.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

lol this thread is funny pc gaming is cutting egde, pc gaming created all good genres...what you cal sin of the solar empire!!!!

concole games and game devs have yet to produce any real cutting edge games!

blizzard is known for taking game ideas that are around and improving them. Blizzard is a high qauility game company. You will always expect high quaility games from blizzard.

Avatar image for TheSeaBehindYou
TheSeaBehindYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheSeaBehindYou
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackdreamhunk

No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. TheSeaBehindYou
blizzard makes more than any game company can dream about that is fact. In fact blizzard is better than a big bugget film like lord of the rings!!!!!!

you really can't say the same about nintendo lol

MajinFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MajinFix
Member since 2005 • 480 Posts

lol I find you quite funny, you call Diablo series mindles RPG, and yet you praise nintendo? Well newsflash nintendo also sells mindless games that are quite more mindless than anything made from blizzard. Blizzard doesn't pump out games like nintendo so I guess they don't milk their costumers as much as nintendo does with Wii that has pretty much the same hardware performance as GC which ages back to what 2001?

What are people excited about, well I can understand that you don't know what that is becouse you can't possibly know what excitment is when you get what every month a new super mario, Wii sport or whatever. Well talk about ancient I belive mario dates back to September 13, 1985 back on NES. next time think before you act

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. TheSeaBehindYou

That's right. We don't even need to try.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

It is is pretty much redundant to criticise a game for marketing; they want it to sell well, those bastards.

Any game with any marketing budget is hyped.

TheSeaBehindYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheSeaBehindYou

[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. blackdreamhunk

blizzard makes more than any game company can dream about that is fact. In fact blizzard is better than a big bugget film like lord of the rings!!!!!!

?? Do you find Blizzard enjoying? Eh, and EA is like 100 bigger than Blizzard, and that's a fact.

TheSeaBehindYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheSeaBehindYou

[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. IgGy621985

That's right. We don't even need to try.

Yes, you do. You think it's going to be one of the very big titles, but no.

Angakua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Angakua
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts
i shall not kill you just because of your avatar....
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. TheSeaBehindYou

?? Do you find Blizzard enjoying? Eh, and EA is like 100 bigger than Blizzard, and that's a fact.

the best game from ea are all c game like spore, battle field 3 can i go on!!!! the game devs in the ea company are the ones that make ea what it is today!!!
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. TheSeaBehindYou

you are clueless....

EA's revenue is only twice that of Blizzards...even though EA released dozens of games last year and Blizzard released only one expansion pack.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]No. PC fanboys try to to make it overhyped, but they fail. cobrax75

you are clueless....

EA's revenue is only twice that of Blizzards...even though EA released dozens of games last year and Blizzard released only one expansion pack.

the best games for ea are all pc even sims lol spore anyone lol
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Companies like to keep some thing similar. Not every company is going to make drastic or super innovative changes in their sequels.

- 4 player co-o
- new unique ****s
- better battlenet

I'm sure there will be some ohter gameplay featues/mechanics we don't know about. D3 haters are going to get owned.

TREAL_Since
Add in bigger bosses and environment interaction. And that's just what we know as of right now. What a silly topic. :roll:
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

My my, the Gamespot Zeitgiest of ( INSERT GAME/FRANCHISE HERE ) is overated continues to morph and encompass games that have not only been out a few days, but now games that are not out for a few years.

I have a question to the OP, have you played Diablo or Diablo 2..

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

What is wrong with being excited about a sequal to a franchise you like?

I mean it would be one thing if the franchise or prequel sucked(Dynasty Warriors)

but Diablo 1 and 2 were awesome games.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"][QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

the best game from ea are all c game like spore, battle field 3 can i go on!!!! the game devs in the ea company are the ones that make ea what it is today!!!

You could also say that the ones at EA are murders, homosexuals, morons, and releasers of the worst games in human history, BUT IT STILL DOES NOT CANGE THE FACT THAT IT IS BIGGER THAN BLIZZARD.

ea is made up game devs groups under one tittle. it 's still fact pc games are better and always will be. Blizzard still a big name lol
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

what are with these we must worship/love/think is jesus/ nintendo threads this week..like god..thanks nintendo for saving the gameing indsutry but whats done its not like there the holy grail of gameing for everybody,

and myomoto got enough credit for what hes done..hes created some of the most iconic gaming franchises..but just stop with this crap

"if you dont like nintendo your not a real gamer"

"you must respect nintendo for saving the gaming industry.."

and from this thread

"Blizzard is overhyped and nintendo/myomoto need more credit for what hes done"

just enough already

medicine_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 medicine_freak
Member since 2003 • 300 Posts
Cry all you want. I am more than glad to hack and slash in Diablo 3. If I want anything else, I would look for the tons of other games available to the PC. But all I want from Diablo is the best hack and slash gameplay experience possible.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

- 4 player co-o
- new unique ****s
- better battlenet

Ibacai

Add in bigger bosses and environment interaction. And that's just what we know as of right now. What a silly topic. :roll:

Blizzard games are all AMAZING. This is becuase they have the, "It's not ready, until it's ready" philosophy. More companies should be like that, but not all of them can which sucks.

FloWeN-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FloWeN-UK
Member since 2004 • 693 Posts

This man deserves far more credit. He is the person responsible for keeping the Gaming Industry alive. We... lesser beings, can't even slightly comprehend his Godly genius brain.

ng1234

Yet N64 and Gamecube where total failures and where far overshadowed by the PS1 and PS2. So yeah he failed the past 2 generations of gaming. Yet he kept the industry alive? Nah. He's just gotten lucky thats all. With the Wii that is. I mean any game developer could have thought up the Wii-mote. He just so happened to know what mind set to appeal to. The simpletons or the non gamer casuals. Which ever you want to call them. He's not a genius at all.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackdreamhunk
i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lol
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I could care less about Diablo3....I just wanted to get in one of the 30 threads about it...
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ibacai
i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lolblackdreamhunk
Nintendo is making money hand over fist right now because of the Wii and DS.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TheSeaBehindYou"]

You could also say that the ones at EA are murders, homosexuals, morons, and releasers of the worst games in human history, BUT IT STILL DOES NOT CANGE THE FACT THAT IT IS BIGGER THAN BLIZZARD.

blackdreamhunk

ea is made up game devs groups under one tittle. it 's still fact pc games are better and always will be. Blizzard still a big name lol

What you are saying is still not disproving his point. EA is a bigger company. Period. Even if they are multiple devs under one company name. The company itself has had the money to BUY them in order to expand.

That being said, Blizzard owns and D3 will be the $h!+. Can't wait for it. I'm so glad it will be more acceible for older graphic cards :D!

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lolIbacai

nintendo is still a buttom feader it matter of time until it's dead lol
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lolIbacai

I've never seen a hermit act like him. They should disown him :lol:.

Nintendo isn't dying. They are insanely profitable with the Wii, DS, and almost every software release.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lolblackdreamhunk
This might sound crazy but I think Nintendo might be making some money off things like

The amazing sales of the DS

The amazing sales of the Wii

Software sales for there franchises like SUper Mario Galayx, Smash Bros. BRawl, Twilgith Princess, Nintendogs, Wiiplay, Wiifit, Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, New SUper Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl,etc

I mean it sounds crazy, but I think they might be making a profit of somekind.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blackdreamhunk
it will not be long until ms and sony cleans house tust me... the last days of nintendo are now at hand lol
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ibacai
it will not be long until ms and sony cleans house tust me... the last days of nintendo are now at hand lolblackdreamhunk
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]i bet nintend wishies they have the same income or money as blizzard seeing that nintendo is like dying lolblackdreamhunk

nintendo is still a buttom feader it matter of time until it's dead lol

Nintendo is more profitable now then it has been in the past two gens and it never went away before. So what does logic tell you? It's not going anywhere.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

i shall not kill you just because of your avatar....Angakua

Exactly my thoughts.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Diablo 3 will own, some franchises doesn't need to change
3XRatedlocc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 3XRatedlocc
Member since 2005 • 932 Posts
I'm not seeing the appeal for Diablo, looks like more of the same to me.
But God forbid if you don't like Blizzard.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

You are trying to say a company that 'keeps producing the same old formula' is WORSE than the guy who keeps recycling the same old formula.

Omfg I dont know whether to laugh or facepalm.

"were not milking the fanbase at all, super serious"!

http://www.wiiliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/12011.jpg

http://wiispot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/mp8-art.jpg

"we are always constant innovative, we NEVER 'rehash'"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/TP_Wii.jpg

Fact is people want sequals, fact is developers enjoy making them.

swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
I'm not seeing the appeal for Diablo, looks like more of the same to me.
But God forbid if you don't like Blizzard.3XRatedlocc
exactly your lying to yourself if you actually believe this game looks like a masterpiece.... R ppl really that big of fanboys??? This game looks like something my dog threw up 10 years ago... Come on now why dont you just go back and play Diablo 2 this game has the same ol crappy graphics the same ol gameplay.... What have they done new??? Oh yea thats right NOTHING!!! SO STOP OVERHYPING THIS!!! this game is going to get a 3/10 on gamespot for not doing any thing innovative in any area of the game..... atleast make the graphics good.
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="blackdreamhunk"]

First of all before the merger Blizzard pulled in 50% more profit than any other game developer. Not Revenue because that is where EA may have been larger. Now if Blizzard and Activition do combine which is almost guaranteed at this point. They will be the largest game publisher and developer in the world.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
i like what i've been playing. take your "innovation" elsewhere. if it aint broke...
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

But God forbid if you don't like Blizzard.3XRatedlocc
Do you realise, the TC is praising Nintendo himself. And besides, it would help if his avatar wasn't Kirby.

Miyamoto is just a business man who strives for profit, just like Blizzard does. Why the **** should we care about their financial well-being?

Calling us ''lesser beings'''? You really sound like a obsessive otaku Nintendo geek. Stop with the worshipping allready, he is not your God.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
Diablo 2 is better than almost any game you can think of, and so will happen with Diablo 3. Play Diablo II before saying D3 is over-hyped.