Devil May Cry IV: PS3 vs 360 Vids

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper textures
Kaycm117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kaycm117
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts

If you liek your ground textures nice and muddy, sure get the ps3 version.

GrandpaDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GrandpaDeath
Member since 2007 • 339 Posts
I dunno, I saw their head 2 head on Assassins Creed and the video did not do PS3 version justice. colors were A LOT more vibrant then the video would have you believe
BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

They look exactly the same.

cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
wow. there is barely a differance at all. fanboys are really stupid. does it actually change the gameplay? no. has graphics ever made a game good? rarely. if you were actually playing the game you wouldn't notice a difference.
BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Kaycm117

Just who are the people running around saying the PS3 has better textures? The difference is actually noticable there.

Kaycm117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaycm117
[QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

BambooBanger

Just who are the people running around saying the PS3 has better textures? The difference is actually noticable there.

They are people wearing fanboy goggles, so no matter what screenshots are posted, they wll think the ps3 textures are better.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

BambooBanger

When these shots were taken because the video is new and the game has been in development for some time now.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
another win for 360
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Gametrailers already has a comparison video. Just go there and see for yourselves.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Everyone seems to have the picture of the same cutscenes, probably because they're the only part any difference is tangible.

Well, apart from the frosts. But let's just pretend they don't exist.

Kaycm117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaycm117
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

aka_aj03

When these shots were taken because the video is new and the game has been in development for some time now.

screenshots of the HD Comparison video on gametrailers.

Kaycm117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaycm117

The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesaka_aj03

im sure "slightly darker blacks" is something completely up to your monitor / tv settings. Textures...we know the 360 wins.

Avatar image for the_dark-knight
the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_dark-knight
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

Kaycm117

Only that your full of it, cause when you watch the comparison trailer...that side of the ground is MUDDLED PURPOSELY O.o

The right side on PS3 is just the same as 360. But you also fail to mention how the effects on PS3 are better...such as neros charged sword attack and the frosts.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Both games are basically identical apart from minor differences which only graphic nuts will notice.

It all comes down to the controls which PS3 wins at because the dual shock is best suited to games like DMC4 along with fighting games. 360 controller is best suited to shooters/FPS's

prajwalhellkm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 prajwalhellkm
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Both games are basically identical apart from minor differences which only graphic nuts will notice.

It all comes down to the controls which PS3 wins at because the dual shock is best suited to games like DMC4 along with fighting games. 360 controller is best suited to shooters/FPS's

Swift_Boss_A

could you please post the link?

PS: the folds on the wool on his elbow look better on the 360. no i didnt use a microscope...

Kaycm117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kaycm117
[QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

the_dark-knight

Only that your full of it, cause when you watch the comparison trailer...that side of the ground is MUDDLED PURPOSELY O.o

The right side on PS3 is just the same as 360. But you also fail to mention how the effects on PS3 are better...such as neros charged sword attack and the frosts.

what do you mean its muddled purposely??? its a horrible texture its suppossed to look just like the other side of the line, get over it.

the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_dark-knight
[QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

Kaycm117

what do you mean its muddled purposely??? its a horrible texture its suppossed to look just like the other side of the line, get over it.

Watch the comparison video, the camera moves around and the right side(360 side) is on the ps3 side before the camera is shifted over, and the ps3 is the same...the ground is supposed to look like that. But you to failed to mention this:

So whats up biznitch.

The_Fat_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Fat_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesKaycm117

im sure "slightly darker blacks" is something completely up to your monitor / tv settings. Textures...we know the 360 wins.

Well, not according to the Gamesradar link in the OP. They said the PS3 had BETTER textures than the 360. It looks like the PS3 might actually start getting the superior multiplat.

the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_dark-knight

Screen tearing on the 360 version:

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

Screen tearing on the 360 version:

the_dark-knight

I played this game at Capcoms gamers day. I did notice a few screen tears on the 360 version, and no, i aint being a fanboy, im a lemming and i can confirm this happening.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nervmeister
[QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesThe_Fat_Gamer

Well, not according to the Gamesradar link in the OP. They said the PS3 had BETTER textures than the 360. It looks like the PS3 might actually start getting the superior multiplat.

Just to be on the safe side, you should go to the comparison vid on Gametrailers.com to see if the opinion is consistent. The computer I'm using right now is a bit to slow to play it efficiently, so I'm counting on the rest of you.
50shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 50shot
Member since 2003 • 8359 Posts
The only way you could tell the difference is to sit right in front of the TV. Which is stupid if you ask me. How much do you care about small little details that don't even enhance gameplay... Gamers these days. lololololol
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 inertk

Watching the video again, what you said about the textures is true.

I thought that was the case to begin with, but I was focusing more on the scene shown in the screens. Not exactly when Berial is preparing for attack.

the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_dark-knight

I thought that was the case to begin with, but I was focusing more on the scene shown in the screens. Not exactly when Berial is preparing for attack.

inertk

What who said...me?

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"]

the_dark-knight

What who said...me?

Yup.

I thought that might have been the case. But you've made it more apparent. It really is surprising how little the frosts are mentioned though. Miniscule details on Nero are made out to be completely obvious but, the frosts have like no shader detail on their ice segments. :/

I'll be getting the 360 version anyway. I've no choice, it's gonna be a ***** adjusting to playing on the 360 controller after those countless hours I poured into DMC3.

The_Fat_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Fat_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Fat_Gamer"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesnervmeister

Just to be on the safe side, you should go to the comparison vid on Gametrailers.com to see if the opinion is consistent. The computer I'm using right now is a bit to slow to play it efficiently, so I'm counting on the rest of you.

I just went to gametrailers and they look the EXACT same. The only thing that looks different is the terrain effects. The 360 rendered the water better, but the PS3 rendered fire better. If anyone can actually tell a true difference between the two versions, then they are probably lieing. The textures look identical, and the animation and frame rates are the same.

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Fat_Gamer"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesnervmeister

Why you should never use GT HD comparisions:

-Not running at the right frame rate in the comparison, loss of quality

-Not native HD output(720p/1080p) videos.

- The game they recieved is on the Review build of the game.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nervmeister
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="The_Fat_Gamer"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesRazMaTaz-1

Ah, I see. Bad idea then. Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="The_Fat_Gamer"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]The PS3 version seems to sport slightly darker blacks and slightly crisper texturesRazMaTaz-1

indeed. some people think HD means it's true HD.. it's just a video in a higher quality.but still very much compressed.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

How about we make this a lot easier to thoe of you who cannot comprehend how identicle each version of the game is.

Do you have a PS3 and want DMC4? Get the PS3 version.

Do you have a 360 and want DMC4? Get the 360 version.

Do you have both the PS3 and 360 and want DMC4? Get whichever you think will be better for you (controls, visuals, etc)

Are you in this thread comparing miniscule differences of DMC4 on both consoles even though you're not interested in the game? Stop trolling.

nintendokid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendokid
Member since 2003 • 909 Posts
360 handles pixels better and that's why in sports games the uniform jersey numbers and names look more sharp than the PS3. That is why PS3 looks more blurry when compared side by side with 360. PS3 obviously does lighting better...just look at the sunsets, clouds (and how the sunlight reacts to the clouds ala GT5), smoke, and fog used in PS3 games. These are universal hardware limitations that will always hinder each system, respectively.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Always-Honest

Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.nervmeister

so far we still can't tell. you're fanboy efforts won't help either. We will have to find out our selves. There are different video comparissons with different outcomes right now.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nervmeister

[QUOTE="nervmeister"] Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.Always-Honest

. you're fanboy efforts won't help either.

I am not a fanboy. The only reason why I'm hoping the PS3 version turns out better is to make a certain group of actual fanboys get off their high horse. And you cant blame me for that either.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"] Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.nervmeister

I am not a fanboy. The only reason why I'm hoping the PS3 version turns out better is to make a certain group of actual fanboys get off their high horse. And you cant blame me for that either.

yeah we can. you want a game to do poorly so a group of people with no connection to the game developement can go "BAWWW". Thats pretty much the definition of a fanboy wanting other fanboys to cry.
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaycm117"][QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

the_dark-knight

Watch the comparison video, the camera moves around and the right side(360 side) is on the ps3 side before the camera is shifted over, and the ps3 is the same...the ground is supposed to look like that. But you to failed to mention this:

So whats up biznitch.

I hope your not talking about the sword being red or not .. if you are its because one person has that power for Nero and one doesn't (look next to the health bar) ..not "PS3 can handle teh effects better"what a thick head

other than that they look the same

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nervmeister
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"] Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.Kook18

yeah we can. you want a game to do poorly so a group of people with no connection to the game developement can go "BAWWW". Thats pretty much the definition of a fanboy wanting other fanboys to cry.

If I were a fanboy, I wouldn't have defended Mass Effect as not being a flop. And that was before Gamespot was denounced in terms of credibility after firing Jeff.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="nervmeister"] Oh well. Anyways, so far the evidence is favoring the PS3 version. Guess the 360 cant win em' all.nervmeister

so you're hoping.. well, that's okay.. i'd also like to see developers really imrpove on their PS3 developing skills.

the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_dark-knight
[QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"][QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

treyskillz

So whats up biznitch.

I hope your not talking about the sword being red or not .. if you are its because one person has that power for Nero and one doesn't (look next to the health bar) ..not "PS3 can handle teh effects better"what a thick head

No...i was talking about when nero uses the move. The PS3 version renders the effect better.

robotech31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robotech31
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

360fails at ice-rendering lulz

gundamdragonque
looks like 360 doesnt render ice well.

Avatar image for Night_stalker01
Night_stalker01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Night_stalker01
Member since 2006 • 1037 Posts

And the winner is... *drumroll*

PC on max settings!

treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="treyskillz"][QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"][QUOTE="the_dark-knight"][QUOTE="Kaycm117"]

the_dark-knight

So whats up biznitch.

No...i was talking about when nero uses the move. The PS3 version renders the effect better.

well a video would have worked better than a screen shot that doesn't show it

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

Oh man this is going to be a totaly fanboy wars.

Arguing over some texture that you are only going to see for no more than 3 seconds.

meme378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 meme378
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts

i never should have entered this thread. :|

lets just slowly back away/

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts
Looks pretty much the same, guess Ill go with the 360 version for achievements and my preference of the 360 controller.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
the graphical differences don't bother me. It's the screen tearing I'm worried about.
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
I bet the 360 version sells better, and thats what really matters in the long run.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

They look exactly the same.

BambooBanger
yeah and please stop you bunch o fanboys be greatful it went multi-plat and stop your babien