Dev says skip the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gen
Avatar image for nextgengaming18
nextgengaming18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 nextgengaming18
Member since 2006 • 2719 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gen

This is kotaku..
Kinki_G_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kinki_G_25
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts
Or get all three consoles?
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="nextgengaming18"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gen

This is kotaku..

What is your point?
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gennextgengaming18
This is kotaku..

http://ps3.qj.net/EA-dev-Get-the-360-and-or-Wii/pg/49/aid/82471

Are you happy now?

Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts
he feels bad for the people who cant afford it, so what?
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AvinashTyagi
Apparantly some people (Nextgengaming18 ) don't know how to click links
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
I smell a fired EA employee.
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

Thats funny, at DICE during a Sony Q&A event a Phil Harrison asked an EA developer a question about the Dev Kits and the EA developer stated that they could always use more.

10:47: Moving on, we're now talking about development-kit distribution. The question claims that PS3 dev kits were primarily sent to Japanese developers. Harrison basically says "Nuh-uh!" And that's that. He turns to someone from EA in the crowd and asks him to verify. The man in the crowd says that EA got their kits at the same time, but that they could always use more.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
I smell a fired EA employee.Hammerofjustice
Indeed!
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gen

Sony has "beat off Nintendo" since 1995. I'm not sure it matters who wins in the long run in terms of sales... Sony has lost the lead and Nintendo has become extremely profitable.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts

Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this genAvinashTyagi

So you don't agree with his Wii comments but you agree with his Sony comments? Oh the irony in that :roll: The fanboy is strong in this one.

klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
That dev was just stating the obvious, but it is pretty odd to see it publicly addressed.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
That dev was just stating the obvious, but it is pretty odd to see it publicly addressed.klactose
Yeah, not alot of people would have the stones to be so explicit.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 subrosian
That dev was just stating the obvious, but it is pretty odd to see it publicly addressed.klactose
Devs who are in a good position to capitalize on a 360 / PC dominance of the market aren't afraid to discuss the PS3 in a negative light. Sony doesn't seem to be putting its money into luring developers, so there isn't even the vague threat of lost funding hanging over their heads.
Avatar image for volumetricCloud
volumetricCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 volumetricCloud
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
Kotaku is source? lol
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AvinashTyagi
Kotaku is source? lolvolumetricCloud
Actually Kotaku is Linking to another site, which is linked to the original source, if you actually knew how to click a link you might realize that ;)
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AvinashTyagi

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this genchrismunx

So you don't agree with his Wii comments but you agree with his Sony comments? Oh the irony in that :roll: The fanboy is strong in this one.

Oh I admit i'm a fanboy, but i'm also usually right
giantsfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 giantsfan91
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts
Can't people just wait until the PS3 atleast finishes it's launch? I'm not sure if Sony will win or not, but to claim it's a failure after just 2 months seems a bit premature. It's kind of like saying the Colts had no shot at winning the SuperBowl because they were 1-3 in the preseason.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 subrosian
Can't people just wait until the PS3 atleast finishes it's launch? I'm not sure if Sony will win or not, but to claim it's a failure after just 2 months seems a bit premature. It's kind of like saying the Colts had no shot at winning the SuperBowl because they were 1-3 in the preseason.giantsfan91
Guess what? Sony was supposed to launch right after the Xbox 360 - they blew things the moment the delays started. It's now over a year after they were *supposed* to come out and they still haven't hit Europe. So over fifteen months late, they're *starting* their launch window? That's insane.
chrismunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chrismunx
Member since 2003 • 3964 Posts
[QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this genAvinashTyagi

Someone who admits being a fanboy. This is rather rare. But most of the times you do give out truths of things, and some times it's just a little too rediculous. But this is just one EA dev. Who's probably lost his job by now. If you remember that guy who talked about the PS3 way way back.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 subrosian
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="chrismunx"]

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this genchrismunx

Someone who admits being a fanboy. This is rather rare. But most of the times you do give out truths of things, and some times it's just a little too rediculous. But this is just one EA dev. Who's probably lost his job by now. If you remember that guy who talked about the PS3 way way back.

These guys shouldn't lose their jobs for speaking the truth. As soon as a dev talks about the PS3 being too hard to develop for, you immediately see Sony fans who couldn't write ASM code for a motorola 68000 let alone "the cell" talk about the architecture, as though they aren't clueless about how video games are actually created (hint... the "Video game making school" advertised on TV isn't it). At the same time we get press release where businessmen talk about hardware knowingly. Look I'm an MIS student - you want to talk about developing software? Fine. You want to talk about ROI, "growing the brand", loss-leaders, the stock market - I'm game. You want me to mathematically prove code for predicting branching in a CPU you designed? Get some with a PH.D in Computer Science. In any case, from the business perspective this guy is only going to get fired if the company has ties with Sony, and isn't important to the company. You don't see guys like Cliffy B. get fired for mouthing-off.
klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts

But this is just one EA dev. Who's probably lost his job by now. If you remember that guy who talked about the PS3 way way back.chrismunx

That guy actually worked for SONY. And the funny thing is eventhough he was fired, he's back in the industry still working on games, I can't remember exactly, but I think he might actually be working at EA these days! =)

BangaaPride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BangaaPride
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts

I'd like to know what happens to that Dev because of this.

But who declared "Development" as a neutral party? Don't these guys have likes and dislikes since they are on the inside?

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Can't people just wait until the PS3 atleast finishes it's launch? I'm not sure if Sony will win or not, but to claim it's a failure after just 2 months seems a bit premature. It's kind of like saying the Colts had no shot at winning the SuperBowl because they were 1-3 in the preseason.giantsfan91
First off its 3 months not 2 months. And second, the PS3 finished its launch when it "allegedly" launched in Nov 06. :shock:
bluebrad1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 bluebrad1974
Member since 2005 • 5162 Posts
He isn't the first and probably won't be the last to display their thoughts of the PS3.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
he feels bad for the people who cant afford it, so what?GermanShepard06
I'm a software developer for a major stock brokerage. How much more than me do you make again? Not everyone who doesn't have a PS3 is poor.
Avatar image for XtinctionAgenda
XtinctionAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XtinctionAgenda
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"]Last year, the prediction was that Sony would win the next-gen war, that the PS3 would be the dominant console, just like the PS2 was. That is no longer the case. The extremely strong performance of the Wii, combined with the miserable performance of Sony has revised pretty much everyone's expectations. Right now, most of us here think the 360 will be on top for this generation, with the battle for second place between Sony and Nintendo (and that's a major shock, as we'd nearly written Nintendo off for the non-handheld market.) Most of us still think Sony will beat off Nintendo, simply due to the older graphics on the Wii, but it's not a sure thing. My opinion — get the 360 and/or the Wii. Skip the PS3 unless there's a big change in the near future.http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/ea-dev-skip-the-ps3-235684.php Don't agree with some of his points on the Wii, but interesting to note that even Devs are questioning Sony's chances this gennextgengaming18
This is kotaku..

It's most people.

giantsfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 giantsfan91
Member since 2004 • 199 Posts

First off its 3 months not 2 months. And second, the PS3 finished its launch when it "allegedly" launched in Nov 06. :shock:

So Europe shouldn't count towards launch. As shocked as you are, Sony hasn't finished it's launch.:shock:

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
Meh, I just can't. Neither can I skip over the 360, or even the Wii after a little price drop. There are just too many good games exclusive to each platform to miss out on. I thnk the EA man only speaks for the casual audience who want a bit of HD bang for the buck.