Darksiders for PC is EPIC!!

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

I had this on 360 but I sold it becaused it had washed out graphics, If any of you game on PC i recommend you get this game it is brilliant! 1080p and no jaggies, its like a mix of God of War and Devil May Cry. Check it out people :)

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

its like a mix of God of War and Devil May Cry. Check it out people :)

spliff_man

It's more like Zelda.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

I thought it was decent. Nothing mind blowing.

lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts
I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience. jg4xchamp
I agree with this post. The game was very dull.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SPBoss
Hmm I had a different experience on the PC version for definate, so many moves, so many combos lol
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Hmm I had a different experience on the PC version for definate, so many moves, so many combos lolspliff_man
So,what are you saying?The pc has more moves and combos :?
TheSterls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheSterls
Member since 2009 • 3117 Posts

I had this on 360 but I sold it becaused it had washed out graphics, If any of you game on PC i recommend you get this game it is brilliant! 1080p and no jaggies, its like a mix of God of War and Devil May Cry. Check it out people :)

spliff_man

Thtas funny becaue the review said it has virtually no graphic settings or AA enhancements , it basically looks just like the console versions except its unplayable without a control. I own the ps3 version and it looked great.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="spliff_man"]

TheSterls

Thtas funny becaue the review said it has virtually no graphic settings or AA enhancements , it basically looks just like the console versions except its unplayable without a control. I own the ps3 version and it looked great.

I'm not sure about that but you can force graphical/video settings with Nvidia or ATi panel and just override application settings.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waltefmoney

Hmm I had a different experience on the PC version for definate, so many moves, so many combos lolspliff_man

From the review:

- Darksiders comes to the PC from consoles unchanged.
- Next to no graphics settings to fiddle with.
- Convoluted, occasionally unresponsive controlsGamespot

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

men been there done that, Enslaved Castlevania and Vanquish looks better than Darksiders, and all 3 of those arent on PC

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

men been there done that, Enslaved Castlevania and Vanquish looks better than Darksiders, and all 3 of those arent on PC

gillri
Same. I'd rather play the new games that are equivalent, if not better. Darksiders wasn't even a bit impressive. I thought it was lackluster. Cheesy story, voice acting, and it has an identity crisis.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Why coming out to PC so late?... Im mad now!!
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
Just use the latest version of x360ce.App and it works like a charm on my Dual Shock PC controller
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

spliff_man
Wow graphics whore much??
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience. jg4xchamp

Oh wow couldn't disagree more. Sounds like you haven't even played it.

shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
I found it to be better than GoW3, its mechanics have a high amount of polish and the game has the best level and character design I've ever seen in a hack n' slash game.
elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

I loved this on 360. Is my sleeper hit of the year so far. Maybe a little too easy but I really liked the battle system, story and level design. Sure it was a bit of a Zelda ripoff but the setting made up for that. And you can never have enough zelda style dungeons.

Elutheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Elutheria
Member since 2003 • 286 Posts
Couldn't get into it personally. Think the trouble was playing it just after Bayonetta, the combat felt prehistoric in comparison.
Hakkai007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hakkai007
Member since 2005 • 4905 Posts

spliff_man

Can you tell me how you got rid of jagged edges?

Even at 1080P they are quite noticeable and no program seems to be able to force AA.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience. Cyberfairy

Oh wow couldn't disagree more. Sounds like you haven't even played it.

Really? Because I've played it too, and thats exactly what I think. Everything felt second rate, like a copy of much better games, but not a good enough copy.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
It is overpriced on steam.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

my son rented this on PS3 a while back, although i never played it he said it was ok and i thought it looked pretty good. After reading comments here though i may give it a miss on Steam.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

:? going by this thread I was thinking that Darksiders on PC sucked but according to gamespot its great.. I might get this:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darksiders Review

It isn't the most full-featured port, but excellent combat and challenging puzzles make Darksiders a brutal blast.

GameSpot Score

great

The Good

• Combat looks great and plays great
  • New combos and mechanics are introduced at a terrific pace
  • Big world abounding with interesting monsters and challenging puzzles
  • Dramatic art sty-le and overall presentation.

The Bad

• Next to no graphics settings to fiddle with
  • Convoluted, occasionally unresponsive controls
  • Throwaway story and lead character.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

[QUOTE="gillri"]

Elann2008

Same. I'd rather play the new games that are equivalent, if not better. Darksiders wasn't even a bit impressive. I thought it was lackluster. Cheesy story, voice acting, and it has an identity crisis.

Didnt Castlevania: Lords of Shadow score lower than Darsiders:lol:7.5

I love how games are no longer relevant after a certain amount of time:x

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#27 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
I was tempted to get it because of the price, but I played it on the PS3, and wasn't that impressed by it (it's a good game and all, but not enough to justify a second purchase, no matter how much better it may be :P). Lucky for PC owners who haven't tried it, though :D.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Darksiders is a good game. It's like Soul Reaver meets Zelda, but it's not as genial as those two games. The PC version is a 1:1 console port with mouse support, but you can still increase the resolution and force MSAA and AF using the nVidia/ATI control panel. ;)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I enjoyed it. It was entertaining, thea cting and storyline weren't THAT bad, the gameplay was fun, the graphics were decent enough. I'd rate it at 8/10, definately worth the playthrough.

Game-fu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Game-fu
Member since 2009 • 893 Posts

I don't understand all the hate this game gets. I have enjoyed Darksiders on the PC far more than I did playing other games in the genre. Including God of War 3 or Bayonetta.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i dont think there is anything pc modders can do to make this game epic...it wasnt epic on consoles and it wont be epic on pc (decent game but...i regret buying it)
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
It is overpriced on steam. SAGE_OF_FIRE
Most new releases are (in the UK at least).
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

I don't understand all the hate this game gets. I have enjoyed Darksiders on the PC far more than I did playing other games in the genre. Including God of War 3 or Bayonetta.

Game-fu

better than those two? nice try

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

meh, got boring really fast.

yay for PC owners?

oooo wait just saw that its unchanged. boooo TC :P

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Darksiders is a terrible game. Poor A.I, very boring dungeous, extremely simplistic combat, extremely easy and overall just simply boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
It was alright.
faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts

I loved this on 360. Is my sleeper hit of the year so far. Maybe a little too easy but I really liked the battle system, story and level design. Sure it was a bit of a Zelda ripoff but the setting made up for that. And you can never have enough zelda style dungeons.

elcoholic
Loved it as well.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
How are the controls?
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Why coming out to PC so late?... Im mad now!!Dogswithguns

When it was released there was a big thread on the developer forums requesting a PC release in which one of the devs asked "How would this game work on the PC" :P

I guess they just didn't play Batman: AA before they finished developing this game.

Anyways, I thought it looked cool on the Xbox, but eh... Don't think I'll ever get it for my PC. I might've had it actually come out at release when I was somewhat excited for it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#40 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I've been playing through it on the PC and its a blast.

My theory is that because the games its ripping off are mostly console games, it feels much fresher to PC gamers. I haven't played the God of War games, Devil may Cry, or any Zelda games for that matter.

These action-adventure hack and slash games don't come out all that often in non-RPG form on the PC so i've really been enjoying it.

And the only part of the graphics that have carried over from the console version are the Cutscenes, which look awful and washed out compared to the crisp in game visuals (mostly due to higher resolution though).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="spliff_man"]

dommeus

If your consoles could actually do a steady 1080P and have no jaggies you would be thrilled also. Too bad that is not the case ;).
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="spliff_man"]

millerlight89

If your consoles could actually do a steady 1080P and have no jaggies you would be thrilled also. Too bad that is not the case ;).

I don't see how that changes the core experience of the game. It's not like the game looks absolutely horrible on consoles, at least not to a degree that it should be a motivating factor to sell the game. I also own both a gaming PC and a console (PS3 in this case), and I can't agree with you at all., I bought this game at launch for the PS and enjoyed it a great deal. I don't think that a higher resolution would've changed my opinion about it in the slightest as the visual st.yle isn't anything to write home about anyways.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

this ^

in addition to his post, the jump button was so unresponsive/trash that you would have to hit it 2 seconds before the edge of the cliff. I got used to the timing after awhile (felt like lag) but I remember during the intro of the game, running straight into the gap numerous times.

not to mention the clunky combat. shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentance as devil may cry.

I also can't see how graphics are that big of a determinant in someone's enjoyment of the game. The combat/game mechanics/story are the same.

If your consoles could actually do a steady 1080P and have no jaggies you would be thrilled also. Too bad that is not the case ;).millerlight89

this post made me lol...mainly because you couldn't be more wrong.

and yes I own a gaming PC and have posted numerous pictures of it.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SPBoss

[QUOTE="spliff_man"]

Hakkai007

Can you tell me how you got rid of jagged edges?

Even at 1080P they are quite noticeable and no program seems to be able to force AA.

Nvidia control panel set to high quality, playing on a 50inch and there is not one jagged edge in site which is remarkable for the larger tv's :)
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SPBoss

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience. Some-Mist

this ^

in addition to his post, the jump button was so unresponsive/trash that you would have to hit it 2 seconds before the edge of the cliff. I got used to the timing after awhile (felt like lag) but I remember during the intro of the game, running straight into the gap numerous times.

not to mention the clunky combat. shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentance as devil may cry.

I also can't see how graphics are that big of a determinant in someone's enjoyment of the game. The combat/game mechanics/story are the same.

If your consoles could actually do a steady 1080P and have no jaggies you would be thrilled also. Too bad that is not the case ;).millerlight89

this post made me lol...mainly because you couldn't be more wrong.

and yes I own a gaming PC and have posted numerous pictures of it.

Well the controls are pretty responsive on my system, I limited my cpu to only proces 1 frame at a time, button responses are great for every game. Just plugged my 360 controller in and it works great :) To me graphics make a significant impact, makes the experience more immersive. First time I ran it on pc i was like woah :)
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 waltefmoney

Well the controls are pretty responsive on my system, I limited my cpu to only proces 1 frame at a time, button responses are great for every game. Just plugged my 360 controller in and it works great :) To me graphics make a significant impact, makes the experience more immersive. First time I ran it on pc i was like woah :)spliff_man

Can you post a few screens from your rig? I wanna see the difference between the PC version and the console versions.

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

spliff_man

Washed out graphics on 360? That's weird because on my PS3 the graphics were vibrant colors and very clean looking. And people are saying multiplats look better on 360? I'm thinking otherwise about multiplats for the last couple years now it seems the PS3 has equal to better ones.

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I could not stand this game(and graphics were hardly my issue). Piss poor excuse for a combat scheme(it's like god of war/devil may cry on a downgrade), horrible dungeon design making it feel like a poor man's zelda, and some of the worst pacing to start off a game ever. Throw in some unresponsive controls(well I assume that's fixed on the PC by now right?) no graphical boost could turn that sleeping pill into a fun experience. lucky_star
I agree with this post. The game was very dull.

I disagree with both of you I thought it was a great game. I played through it twice on PS3. Graphics 9.5/10, gameplay, 9/10, story 8.5/10, sound 8.5/10.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="spliff_man"]

clruff

Washed out graphics on 360? That's weird because on my PS3 the graphics were vibrant colors and very clean looking. And people are saying multiplats look better on 360? I'm thinking otherwise about multiplats for the last couple years now it seems the PS3 has equal to better ones.

The two version are pretty much equal. And no, time will not change the fact the 360 is simply easier to develop for.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

[QUOTE="spliff_man"]Well the controls are pretty responsive on my system, I limited my cpu to only proces 1 frame at a time, button responses are great for every game. Just plugged my 360 controller in and it works great :) To me graphics make a significant impact, makes the experience more immersive. First time I ran it on pc i was like woah :)waltefmoney

Can you post a few screens from your rig? I wanna see the difference between the PC version and the console versions.

From what i have read the difference is Resolution and indeed AA and AF. Screen shots will not show the benefit of resolution, obviously, they should show AA and AF though.