Dark Souls *sales* individual figures for PS3 and 360.

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

PS3: 750,000

xbox360: 220,000

combined: 970,000

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/47349/dark-souls/

alredy close to a million SOLD so that 1.5 million shipped makes perfet sense...if you use common sense, of course. discuss.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Not surprising.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

discuss.

casharmy

VGChartz.

/discussion

LvL9Mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LvL9Mew
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
Not very impressive.
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
Why didn't I buy this on ps3? More players for more multiplayer interaction, plus holding down left bumper all the time to block hurts me fingers. Wish I could re-map it to left trigger.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 casharmy

Why didn't I buy this on ps3? More players for more multiplayer interaction, plus holding down left bumper all the time to block hurts me fingers. Wish I could re-map it to left trigger.WithoutGraceXII

that's a good question.

You should have known this type of title wouldn't be as popular on the xbox360, silly you.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
Why didn't I buy this on ps3? More players for more multiplayer interaction, plus holding down left bumper all the time to block hurts me fingers. Wish I could re-map it to left trigger.WithoutGraceXII
Wait, they didn't map block and attack to the triggers on the 360?!
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waltefmoney

that's a good question.

You should have known this type of title wouldn't be as popular on the xbox360, silly you.

casharmy

This type of game? What type?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
They should have made the 360 version a FPS.
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="WithoutGraceXII"]Why didn't I buy this on ps3? More players for more multiplayer interaction, plus holding down left bumper all the time to block hurts me fingers. Wish I could re-map it to left trigger.casharmy

that's a good question.

You should have known this type of title would be as popular on the xbox360, silly you.

Because he has friends to play with on the 360 (?) Isn't that the reason why people pick one usually over the other when they have both xbox and Ps3 ?

And this really was no surprised at all it really isn't welcomed well by the xbox players.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

that's a good question.

waltefmoney

This type of game? What type?

Hardcore,challenging,OMG so safisfying type of game.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 casharmy

Not very impressive.LvL9Mew

This isn't cod, halo, gears or modern warfare...it's cult hit a japanese action RPG.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waltefmoney

Hardcore,challenging,OMG so safisfying type of game.freedomfreak

Like Ninja Gaiden?

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Lol niche games that sell less than million are not worth my time

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Hardcore,challenging,OMG so safisfying type of game.waltefmoney

Like Ninja Gaiden?

Yeah,pretty much.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]They should have made the 360 version a FPS.Stringerboy

What a lovely stereotype. You do realise that the PS3 has way more FPS's than the 360 right?

Yeah but PS3 gamers don't only buy those.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18802 Posts

What a lovely stereotype. You do realise that the PS3 has way more FPS's than the 360 right?

only to attract the 360/fps audience.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

They should have added perks and killstreaks in the X360 version.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="LvL9Mew"]Not very impressive.casharmy

This isn't cod, halo, gears or modern warfare...it's cult hit a japanese action RPG.

The original came out exclusively for the PS3 so of course the spiritual sequel will sell more on the console the IP was born on.

:?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stringerboy"]

waltefmoney

Yeah but PS3 gamers don't only buy those.

How are you not banned yet?

Level 22 Posts: 8665 Level 23 Posts: 9702 Pot calling the kettle black? :P
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 balfe1990

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Yeah but PS3 gamers don't only buy those.kuraimen

There's been plenty of veteran OTers and System Warriors banned so I don't think you're immune.

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Low sales on the 360 are more attributed to the fact that this is a sequel to a PS3 exclusive. There was much more awareness for this title on the PS3 (not to mention it was released exclusively on the PS3 in Japan, and sold like half a million there)

So the game sold 200k+ in the west on the PS3, and 200k+ on the 360. Why are people bagging on the 360 for the sales numbers it put up?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

balfe1990

There's been plenty of veteran OTers and System Warriors banned so I don't think you're immune.

Who's saying I'm immune? :|
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 balfe1990

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Level 22 Posts: 8665 Level 23 Posts: 9702 Pot calling the kettle black? :Pkuraimen

Who's saying I'm immune? :|

To be honest I have no idea what you meant when you listed your level and posts so I assumed you meant,"well I've come this far" or something.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Level 22 Posts: 8665 Level 23 Posts: 9702 Pot calling the kettle black? :Pwaltefmoney

What? Having a lot of posts is not against the rules, that's not what I was implying. Constant trolling is though.

You and I both have a very low level for the amount of posts. Which means both of us have been modded quite a bit. Just saying we're both probably tightrope walking now.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 waltefmoney

You and I both have a very low level for the amount of posts. Which means both of us have been modded quite a bit. Just saying we're both probably tightrope walking now.kuraimen

How many suspensions do you have?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]You and I both have a very low level for the amount of posts. Which means both of us have been modded quite a bit. Just saying we're both probably tightrope walking now.waltefmoney

How many suspensions do you have?

Lol, why? do you want to see how close am I to a ban? this is pretty off topic you know?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i don't know if i believe that.

i know 3 people in rl that bought it and all 3 got it on 360.

i guess my friends could just be an anomaly but it would be pretty strange for the outcome to be so skewed between my direct observation and what vgchartz reports..

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 waltefmoney

Lol, why? do you want to see how close am I to a ban? this is pretty off topic you know?kuraimen

I'm just curious :|. I've been suspended 5 times and I have no idea if that's a lot or not.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Lol, why? do you want to see how close am I to a ban? this is pretty off topic you know?waltefmoney

I'm just curious :|. I've been suspended 5 times and I have no idea if that's a lot or not.

I don't remember, 3 or 4. But I don't think it's an exact science :P
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Indeed

Plus most WRPGs sell far better on 360

Fable 2-3 have sold 7 million etc

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="LvL9Mew"]Not very impressive.balfe1990

The original came out exclusively for the PS3 so of course the spiritual sequel will sell more on the console the IP was born on.

There was alot less marketing (actually 0 marketing) and namefare on the original than there is with this sequeal and PS3 orginal still sold over a million on the PS3 alone.

Trying to say that the game didn't sell well on 360 because the orginal came out on the PS3 as a defense is a failure because when it came out on the PS3 there was NO marketing, name, hype, or fanbase at all. From Software wasn't even a company people looked at to creatate a great game. fan praise alone and the massive amounts of people importing it is why it ever even got localized in the US. The fans support of the PS3 community alone is the sole reason why there is even a sucessor to speak about....because they were readily supporting the unknown, nitch, cult, japanese action RPG.

Dark Souls has quite a bit of marketing, praise and fanfare the orginal did not recieve...it's not even close to being the same as when Demon's Souls came out on PS3 alone.

it's just like I said, this type of game wouldn't sale as much on the xbox360. why is there a problem? because it's true!

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts
Whats there to discuss? The 360 version was not sold in Japan
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Vgchartz? Gross

PS3 and Xbox are shooter consoles.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 casharmy

i don't know if i believe that.

i know 3 people in rl that bought it and all 3 got it on 360.

i guess my friends could just be an anomaly but it would be pretty strange for the outcome to be so skewed between my direct observation and what vgchartz reports..

Riverwolf007

Yeaah, I got'cha

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

VGchatz nuff said

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SW__Troll

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

There was alot less marketing (actually 0 marketing) and namefare on the original than there is with this sequeal and PS3 orginal still sold over a million on the PS3 alone.

Trying to say that the game didn't sell well on 360 because the orginal came out on the PS3 as a defense is a failure because when it came out on the PS3 there was NO marketing, name, hype, or fanbase at all. From Software wasn't even a company people looked at to creatate a great game. fan praise alone and the massive amounts of people importing it is why it ever even got localized in the US. The fans support of the PS3 community alone is the sole reason why there is even a sucessor to speak about....because they were readily supporting the unknown, nitch, cult, japanese action RPG.

Dark Souls has quite a bit of marketing, praise and fanfare the orginal did not recieve...it's not even close to being the same as when Demon's Souls came out on PS3 alone.

it's just like I said, this type of game wouldn't sale as much on the xbox360. why is there a problem? because it's true!

You realize the game sold exclusively on the PS3 in Japan right? And sold over half a million in Japan?

So subtract the 500k from PS3's worldwide sales and you're left with the 250,000 estimated sales on the PS3 in the west.

Compare this to the 220,000 estimated sales of the 360 version in the west.

So what are we comparing? The PS3 version sold 30k more in the west despite being the sequel to a PS3 exclusive? Sounds like a pretty poor attempt at bashing the 360 userbase to me.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

SW__Troll

You realize the game sold exclusively on the PS3 in Japan right? And sold over half a million in Japan?

So subtract the 500k from PS3's worldwide sales and you're left with the 250,000 estimated sales on the PS3 in the west.

So what are we comparing? The PS3 version sold 30k more in the west despite being the sequel to a PS3 exclusive? Sounds like a pretty poor attempt at bashing the 360 userbase to me.

so you're trying to tell me Demon's Souls sold a total of 750,000 copies? Good job of making up numbers. I don't need to go any further with you on this discussion.

*edit*

what "attemt" are you talking about? I didn't say anything about bashing anything I just posted the numbers. I said that this type of game wouldn't sale as well on the 360 in response to another person's post but I didn't bash the users. some people just love making things up.

SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SW__Troll

[QUOTE="SW__Troll"]

casharmy

so you're trying to tell me Demon's Souls sold a total of 750,000 copies? Good job of making up numbers. I don't need to go any further with you on this discussion.

*edit*

what "attemt" are you talking about? I didn't say anything about bashing anything I just posted the numbers. I said that this type of game wouldn't sale as well on the 360 in response to another person's post but I didn't bash the users. some people just love making things up.

I'm going to quote your original post.

casharmy

Notice how the PS3 version sold an estimated 750,000 worldwide? Subtract the half million it sold in Japan exclusively (it wasn't released on 360 there), and you're left with the PS3 version selling 250,000 in every other territory worldwide.

The 360 version sold 220,000 in those same exact territories worldwide.

You're talking about a 30,000 unit difference between the PS3 and 360 in areas they were both sold in. Not only that, but the game is a sequel to a game that was PS3 exclusive, so Dark Souls 'should' have had much higher awareness on that system.

ImportBMWRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ImportBMWRacer
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="SW__Troll"]

*edit*

SW__Troll

casharmy

Notice how the PS3 version sold an estimated 750,000 worldwide? Subtract the half million it sold in Japan exclusively (it wasn't released on 360 there), and you're left with the PS3 version selling 250,000 in every other territory worldwide.

You're talking about a 30,000 unit difference between the PS3 and 360 in areas they were both sold in. Not only that, but the game is a sequel to a game that was PS3 exclusive, so Dark Souls 'should' have had much higher awareness on that system.

BURN!!!

The game is awesome though!

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#45 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
i'm on the same boat, I bought it on 360 so I can benefit from private chat, and my friend had it for the 360 as well, but it's practically a ghost town, no one to invade, no one to summon, and nothing ever works =/ i definitely goof'd. played demon's souls on ps3 and should have played this on the ps3 as well. oh well.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#46 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="SW__Troll"]

*edit*

SW__Troll

casharmy

that actually makes sense. shame it didn't sell well out here, it's as close as a work of art as any game could ever come close to.
gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

They should have made the 360 version a FPS.kuraimen

They should have made the PS3 one a FPS too - it might have sold like BLOPS the PS3's most popular game!

CasualMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CasualMike
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts
Amazing. Deserves every one of those. Will purchase when price goes down and I have time to spend on it and it alone
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

[QUOTE="WithoutGraceXII"]Why didn't I buy this on ps3? More players for more multiplayer interaction, plus holding down left bumper all the time to block hurts me fingers. Wish I could re-map it to left trigger.Dead-Memories
i'm on the same boat, I bought it on 360 so I can benefit from private chat, and my friend had it for the 360 as well, but it's practically a ghost town, no one to invade, no one to summon, and nothing ever works =/ i definitely goof'd. played demon's souls on ps3 and should have played this on the ps3 as well. oh well.

you kind of have to watch out for hackers too, since there's a save file editor for the 360 version. For whatever reason the 360 game save isn't locked..

the online portion of dark souls sort of blows anyways - granted if you do connect to another player...it's a blast, but it's hard to find people to play with. with multiple servers and the game being open world...players of varying levels are dispersed all over the world map. It's much harder to find people to play with..

ffs, people are beating the game at the starting soul level while just upgrading their pyro spells.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]They should have made the 360 version a FPS.gensigns

They should have made the PS3 one a FPS too - it might have sold like BLOPS the PS3's most popular game!

i think its because america has the biggest userbase and americans love their fps, thats why cod games are the best selling ps3 game...