Cyberpunk 2077 trailer is amazing. CDproject red are kings of trailers/world

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22794 Posts

System wars, the land of hyperbole. Where there is no middle-ground; something is either the second coming of Christ or worse than the black plague...

CDPR and the trailer are nothing special.

They made one good game and one great one and suddenly they are the kings of the world, but we all know it that sooner or later they will "sell out" and hermits will crucify them like every other dev they have so far.

svenus97
Jeeze man, take the razor off your wrist! I dont see any harm in praising something that looks awesome, especially when its sole purpose is to bring us happiness... that trailer looks really great and CDPR is a dev to be excites about as they are one of the few AAA developers that seems to call their own shots and isnt painted under an activision/EA type of influential curtain... clearly my title is all in fun, and is intended to show my excitement... why must someone take a dump on every positive thing in gaming? Its like we complain and whine about everything and then wonder why gamers are looked at like petulant children...
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
LOL you're joking right? The trailer was average. Not amazing by any stretch. Same goes for the Witcher 2 opening cinematic yet people cream themselves over that.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TheEroica  Moderator

The reason I did not like the trailer is because it literally does not tell you anything.A trailer to a popular series such as Halo for example is able to get away with something like that because we all know the world and who Master Chief is so all they need to do is show him. It did not show what the world looks like much except what it looks like directly above the female robot. The female robot was the entire focus of the video but you have no idea if she is the hero, villain, just a random enemy you will face or even what she is. Heck she does not even move at all except closing her eyes at the end. You can not even say bullets do not hurt that robot even though some shattered on it since it was about to be shot in the head at the end.

CanYouDiglt
You and i agree on almost everything brother, but this one we see differently.... the reason we know nothing about the trailer is because we know nothing of the game. Halo has a reference point of content. I recognize locales and characters which adds to the fun... this is a teaser, i think we're intended to be left in the dark as to her role.... acrually it made me think of the shepards dead teaser for ME2 where we see legion wearing sheps armor... at first its devestating, and confusing but drags you in by the throat... now I watch it with context and i see a bad a$$ legion ready to stomp reaper guts out. I guess what im saying is i like my teasers to tease! :P
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator
In
LOL you're joking right? The trailer was average. Not amazing by any stretch. Same goes for the Witcher 2 opening cinematic yet people cream themselves over that. RR360DD
Wha wha what!?!?! The opening to the witcher 2 is friggin amazing. How can you watch that and not enjoy every moment of it?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yeah it was great. Already speculation running rampant in my mind on all the little details presented. Loved the tone, colours and overall style of the trailer. Really great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] New info on feb 5th i believe.... thats what machinima said. TheEroica
That could also be a Witcher 3 announcement.

Wait... really? Like the witcher moved to the future? Im only partially through W2

They're releasing info on their other project on feb 5th, not stuff on Cyberpunk 2077

Read the bottom: (open full screen)

cd_projeckt_cyberpunk_message.jpg

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheEroica  Moderator

Yeah it was great. Already speculation running rampant in my mind on all the little details presented. Loved the tone, colours and overall style of the trailer. Really great.

seanmcloughlin
Bingo! A million questions... cant wait to learn more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

TheEroica

Shame it's not out until 2015 though

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] That could also be a Witcher 3 announcement.seanmcloughlin

Wait... really? Like the witcher moved to the future? Im only partially through W2

They're releasing info on their other project on feb 5th, not stuff on Cyberpunk 2077

Read the bottom: (open full screen)

cd_projeckt_cyberpunk_message.jpg

Ahhh poo! Oh well soon enough i suppose.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Really!?!?! Wtf! Thats 2 effin years away.... this is gonna be a slow burn. The first mass effect was like that for me... had it on pre order for a year and that was a year after first learning about it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Bingo! A million questions... cant wait to learn more. TheEroica

Really!?!?! Wtf! Thats 2 effin years away.... this is gonna be a slow burn. The first mass effect was like that for me... had it on pre order for a year and that was a year after first learning about it!

Yeah they will likely release TW3 before Cyberpunk, it's a long way from release yet. As stated "Coming: When it's ready". I'd say it's at least 2015 before releasing.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheEroica  Moderator

seanmcloughlin

Yeah they will likely release TW3 before Cyberpunk, it's a long way from release yet. As stated "Coming: When it's ready". I'd say it's at least 2015 before releasing.

I liked that little part... another tease before its over... well they hooked me.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

The reason I did not like the trailer is because it literally does not tell you anything.A trailer to a popular series such as Halo for example is able to get away with something like that because we all know the world and who Master Chief is so all they need to do is show him. It did not show what the world looks like much except what it looks like directly above the female robot. The female robot was the entire focus of the video but you have no idea if she is the hero, villain, just a random enemy you will face or even what she is. Heck she does not even move at all except closing her eyes at the end. You can not even say bullets do not hurt that robot even though some shattered on it since it was about to be shot in the head at the end.

TheEroica
You and i agree on almost everything brother, but this one we see differently.... the reason we know nothing about the trailer is because we know nothing of the game. Halo has a reference point of content. I recognize locales and characters which adds to the fun... this is a teaser, i think we're intended to be left in the dark as to her role.... acrually it made me think of the shepards dead teaser for ME2 where we see legion wearing sheps armor... at first its devestating, and confusing but drags you in by the throat... now I watch it with context and i see a bad a$$ legion ready to stomp reaper guts out. I guess what im saying is i like my teasers to tease! :P

Ya we do agree on a lot but we will just have a different opinion on this one. The ME2 part though is kinda what I was saying about Halo. You know Shep and the world of Mass Effect so they can be a little more vague in those trailers. You understand what the geth are like already so just seeing some geth wearing Shep's armor is cool and puts fear in your stomach more for Shep's death. I had no real hype for this game before the trailer other then because of who the developer was and since after watching the debut trailer I still know nothing I actually probably have even less hype. On a visual level though it was very good and better then most.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its just a trailer, like pretty much every single game trailer. The slow motion nonesense was pretty boring, and the song choice was awful. The end bit where they are in the cop van was good though
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

seanmcloughlin

Oh wow I thought it was coming out this year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Bingo! A million questions... cant wait to learn more. CanYouDiglt

Oh wow I thought it was coming out this year.

Nope it's a long way off. They said their "other project" is almost ready, which is likely TW3. They never said they were working on anything else so it's likely that

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

CanYouDiglt

Ya we do agree on a lot but we will just have a different opinion on this one. The ME2 part though is kinda what I was saying about Halo. You know Shep and the world of Mass Effect so they can be a little more vague in those trailers. You understand what the geth are like already so just seeing some geth wearing Shep's armor is cool and puts fear in your stomach more for Shep's death. I had no real hype for this game before the trailer other then because of who the developer was and since after watching the debut trailer I still know nothing I actually probably have even less hype. On a visual level though it was very good and better then most.

I can see that point of view for sure... i think the setting and art style for me added some flavor as well. I tend to gravitate towards the futuristic rpg settings over the fantasy ones... dunno, everything just popped for me when i watched it... want!
svenus97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 svenus97
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="svenus97"]

System wars, the land of hyperbole. Where there is no middle-ground; something is either the second coming of Christ or worse than the black plague...

They made one good game and one great one and suddenly they are the kings of the world, but we all know it that sooner or later they will "sell out" and hermits will crucify them like every other dev they have so far.

TheEroica
Jeeze man, take the razor off your wrist! I dont see any harm in praising something that looks awesome, especially when its sole purpose is to bring us happiness... that trailer looks really great and CDPR is a dev to be excites about as they are one of the few AAA developers that seems to call their own shots and isnt painted under an activision/EA type of influential curtain... clearly my title is all in fun, and is intended to show my excitement... why must someone take a dump on every positive thing in gaming? Its like we complain and whine about everything and then wonder why gamers are looked at like petulant children...

Not to be cynical, but its sole purpose is to make money. And I'm not sure how I'm "taking a dump on every positive thing in gaming and whining". Also, I wouldn't get too excited. Trailers like that might as well be random pictures of trees for all it shows about the gameplay. Besides, if you are not excited and the game turns out to be crap then you lose nothing, if it turns out to be good, then great. If you are excited, chances are it won't live to the hype.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

It would have been good... But they have a guy standing right next to the robot women... While she is being hailed with gun fire.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Meh trailer.

SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

Wow you guys really love riding that Polish d**k don't ya'll.Cruxis27

Them being from Poland has nothing to do with most of people praising them so take your nationalistic crap into some thread about politics or something.

As for people liking / hyping them a lot, consider the following...

There are many developers that make many (different) videogames. People, or let's say "I" cause I don't want to speak for others, I enjoy some of them more, some of them less and some of them not at all.

Now, how am I supposed to accentuate these differences in my preferences / likings if not by using the vocabulary that ranges from very positive to very negative? Would know that I "freakin love" something and "just enjoy" something else if I said about both of those thing something like "yeah, it was good but not perfect". Would you know the difference between the two? Because I surely wouldn't. The (over)hype is there to emphasize very strong positive feelings towards particular game / developer / publisher.

But, if you have a better, but equally enjoyable, idea (something like posting mere scores wouldn't be as much fun) that will portray the same message in more elegant way , I am willing to adopt it.

They made one good game and one great one and suddenly they are the kings of the world, but we all know it that sooner or later they will "sell out" and hermits will crucify them like every other dev they have so far.svenus97

And? Life will go on and probably new "fan favourites" will arise. Till that time - till the time CD Projekt "sells out", I'll keep praising them. No reason to not treat them differently from some other companies as long as they are trying to treat me, as a customer (free DLCs, free enhanced editions, decent prices, anti-DRM stance) differently from how some other companies are treating me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="svenus97"]

svenus97

Not to be cynical, but its sole purpose is to make money. And I'm not sure how I'm "taking a dump on every positive thing in gaming and whining". Also, I wouldn't get too excited. Trailers like that might as well be random pictures of trees for all it shows about the gameplay. Besides, if you are not excited and the game turns out to be crap then you lose nothing, if it turns out to be good, then great. If you are excited, chances are it won't live to the hype.

I obviously see your points but do you really approach gaming with a "glass half empty" approach? I mean cmon man, be excited about a new IP!!! That in itself has me pumped! Liking it doesnt mean future disappointment, it means theres something cool in the hobby to watch for a while and see how it develops...
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

No, this is an epic trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JTvzrpBy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-59b71619573a1

No, this is an epic trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JTvzrpBy0

SaltyMeatballs

Yeah that trailer was boss too

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

Don't hate me for saying this, but I'm not really impressed with Witcher 2....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TheEroica  Moderator

Bruce_Benzing
Trailer or game?
Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

TheEroica

Trailer or game?

Game. I just started playing it . I'm hoping it gets better...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

Bruce_Benzing

Trailer or game?

I felt the same way when i started... took me quite a while to get into it, but once u get the crafting/alchemy stuff down you start to see why its a charming and quite excellent game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Bruce_Benzing"]

Bruce_Benzing

Trailer or game?

The opening is boring I think, I hate restarting the game to go through that assault on the castle. Flotsam is lovely though and my favourite place in the game

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Bruce_Benzing

It gets much better. Flotsam was excellent, and I much preferred Iorveth's path. Choosing who you follow will change Act III's location.

halogreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 halogreatest
Member since 2012 • 134 Posts

looks corny. hopefully at least its main system is xbox

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#82 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It would have been good... But they have a guy standing right next to the robot women... While she is being hailed with gun fire.

Truth_Hurts_U

Wasn't he standing there only after they were done firing shots?
He's trained to work with breakdowns. I think the others were just using her for target practise till he showed up.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lundy86_4

halogreatest

Nope.

Release will be simultaneous, however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

KungfuKitten

Wasn't he standing there only after they were done firing shots?
He's trained to work with breakdowns. I think the others were just using her for target practise till he showed up.

In all those still shots of him standing behind her there are still bullets zooming passed, in the trailer you still see bullets. Which is a bit dumb, unless he's a cyborg too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="halogreatest"]

lundy86_4

Nope.

The layout of Eurogamer articles are always hard to read for some reason

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="halogreatest"]

seanmcloughlin

Nope.

The layout of Eurogamer articles are always hard to read for some reason

No you said it, I definitely notice. Holy crap!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Bingo! A million questions... cant wait to learn more. TheEroica

They are still hiring people for Cyberpunk 2077, I wouldn't be surprised if it is released late 2015 or early-mid 2016. It does suck waiting for a game that long when it gets announced.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I wasn't really impressed. Rather see gameplay.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9872 Posts
It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Nice cgi, but no clue to what the game will look or play like though.
Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!Sushiglutton
Platige Image did all they could with the limited budget.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!Ravenshout

ugh... we fvcking get it. CDPR didn't do the trailer, big deal. Stop posting like you cracked some sort of conspiracy, no one gives a sh!t who made the trailer. It still looked good and made the idea of the game look good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-59b71619573a1

It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!Sushiglutton

Part 2 was better

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#94 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!Ravenshout

Then they gave Platige enough money, cause the teaser was FINE.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]It was ok, nothing spectacular though. I thought Crysis 3, Wonder's of the world part 3, which was released the same day, was waaaay cooler :D!KungfuKitten

He just keeps posting like that cos everyone praised the trailer and he thought it was poor CG compared to big hitters like Blizzard and Square. Then he learned CDPR themselves didn't do the trailer and he thought he cracked some sort of secret code and has to elt everyone else know just how smart he thinks he is. He's a very pretentious poster.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Ravenshout"] Platige Image did all they could with the limited budget.

seanmcloughlin

He just keeps posting like that cos everyone praised the trailer and he thought it was poor CG compared to big hitters like Blizzard and Square. Then he learned CDPR themselves didn't do the trailer and he thought he cracked some sort of secret code and has to elt everyone else know just how smart he thinks he is. He's a very pretentious poster.

But it wasn't that great compared to big hitters, really.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
CD Projekt did an AMAZING job on THAT trailer. It's only expected from a talented company LIKE CD Projekt to pull that off. THEY made it look so CONVINCING.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Then they gave Platige enough money, cause the teaser was FINE.Ravenshout

Great, good for you. Other people have differing opinions you know. Stop acting all high and mighty about it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-59b71619573a1

CD Projekt did an AMAZING job on THAT trailer. It's only expected from a talented company LIKE CD Projekt to pull that off. THEY made it look so CONVINCING.freedomfreak

I can't believe such a SMALL dev studio like CDPR did THAT trailer. It's incredible what THEY did.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Great, good for you. Other people have differing opinions you know. Stop acting all high and mighty about it

Technical proficiency isn't an opinion.