Cyberpunk 2077 is now great thanks to 2.0 update

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

25356

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 25356 Posts

Hello friends,

been playing CP 2077. although its no masterpiece but they heavily improved it. it does feel like a different game we played from 2020. the gunplay being improved quite a bit, the AI is very much improved and game is lot more polish now.

seem like the game was not bad despite technical problems but now its great.

allthough its no masterpiece but its by far best game CDPR ever made. now it raise hope for sequel they working on to be how much they could improved it. still its not even close to any of Deus Ex game.

so friends, Is Cyberpunk now good? is it thanks to CDPR they revamp the game?

lets discuss.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3595 Posts

The original release already was enjoyable enough. The thing is that nowadays you can't expect to develop something like Cyberpunk or even Starfield within the same tume budget that others take to make a polished linear game.

Haven't played this new version but it will probably show that if a regular game takes 4 years you'll need probably 6, at the very least, for a big open world RPG (not talking about formulaic assCreep shit).

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

The original release already was enjoyable enough. The thing is that nowadays you can't expect to develop something like Cyberpunk or even Starfield within the same tume budget that others take to make a polished linear game.

Haven't played this new version but it will probably show that if a regular game takes 4 years you'll need probably 6, at the very least, for a big open world RPG (not talking about formulaic assCreep shit).

Once people see a bug compilation video their mind is made up and they think the game is unplayable but they seem to forget what the word "compilation" implies.

Avatar image for daredevils2k
daredevils2k

5001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts
@kathaariancode said:

The original release already was enjoyable enough. The thing is that nowadays you can't expect to develop something like Cyberpunk or even Starfieldwithin the same tume budget that others take to make a polished linear game.

Haven't played this new version but it will probably show that if a regular game takes 4 years you'll need probably 6, at the very least, for a big open world RPG (not talking about formulaic assCreep shit).

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I love how lems make up excuses why Modern gaming has gone to sh!t. This release now , fix later concept has nothing to do with Budget and you know it. maybe you should watch this video or something. Starfield has been in dev for 7 years now and still got a 84 on MC

Avatar image for tjandmia
tjandmia

3759

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3759 Posts

I'm glad I waited years to even try it. Maybe it's now worth the $15 I paid for it.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

Wow right after my comment someone hits the nail on the head and posts not one, not two, but three compilation videos. Excellent.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58840

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58840 Posts

Cyberpunk was pretty fun despite the bugs (none of which I found game-breaking, to be honest). Now it's a really great game.

Been playing it sporadically in between Starfield breaks. Only level 4 with a new character, but I am loving the changes, especially to the skill tree and how they redid the equipment system (everything is based on your cyber stuff, your clothes are just for appearance now, so you don't have to wear "clown costumes" anymore)

@R4gn4r0k said:

Wow right after my comment someone hits the nail on the head and posts not one, not two, but three compilation videos. Excellent.

Yup.

It's almost like your words conjure things into existence.

Quick! Ask for some money! Beautiful women!

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Wow right after my comment someone hits the nail on the head and posts not one, not two, but three compilation videos. Excellent.

Yup.

It's almost like your words conjure things into existence.

Quick! Ask for some money! Beautiful women!

The only thing true in life is the algorithm.

Once you click on a negative video on Youtube you're boned. Suddenly gaming is depressing and full of bugs.

And you end up with videos with titles such as "your life sucks, your wife is sleeping with someone else and guess what: gaming sucks too"

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40995 Posts

CDPR has permanently fuckedup their reputation for me. Not only do i not care anymore for whatever they release, but as soon as i hear of CP2077, i just want to hate on the garbage ass game. This situation reminds me of Ubisoft tbh.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

9986

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#10 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9986 Posts

What are the AI improvements? Is it noticeable in both shootouts and stealth?

If so it would be awesome! I thought in my playthrough last year that the AI is a bit too weak.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56781

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56781 Posts

I was mighty impressed with 2.0. Booted the game and didn't notice my character stats have change/reset and I like the new level system. Now I'm a dasher, slasher samurai. I really enjoyed CP2077 on launch and didn't get a crash on PC, just minor glitches here and there.

As for the Expansion, I'll pick it up on a sale as I've already played CP2077 2 times already.

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1316

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1316 Posts

@Sushiglutton: just the police ai and chases from what I played. Everything else stayed the same apart from a few gameplay changes that may seem to have affected AI, but it actually doesn't.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

23276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23276 Posts

I played the opening mission on my steam deck last night. It was awesome... Loved everything I've done so far. Looking forward tk digging in. Gonna try and complete psychonauts 2 at the same time... We'll see how it goes!

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3595 Posts

@daredevils2k: I don't need to watch what other people think about stuff to make my own opinions.

If you think it's realistic for a linear 15 hour project and a 300 hours one to have the same time and money budgets then you're as dumb as your threads. Which makes sense.

Also, since you seem to have some reading comprehension issues I'll help you out. 1 - I'm not defending the practice, I'm saying developers should take the extra needed years to finish their games. 2 - The game being now 7 years in development and now getting praised for the current state is exactly what I'm saying, it's near impossible to develop such a colossal game in the same time frame (keeping costs realistic) that something like GoW or Uncharted, they need more time, and possibly cashflow.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3595 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I don't even click on YouTube gamer outrage shit yet my feed is always full of "this is why X game sucks" bait. Fucking cancer, can't even imagine what it would be like to be a person that keeps engaging with that kind of content.

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

17937

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17937 Posts

I have only played around with it a bit but not properly started it. i didnt play it before the 2.0 patch so i dont have anything to compare too. But i do notice some jankiness. From just driving around and wondering around the place i have noticed (PC version):

  1. Cars seems to fall from the sky when very far away. I'm guessing this is something CDPR have in place to ensure cars dont get spawned under ground or within scenery...but it's not something the player should see.
  2. I got involved in a shoot out and killed some bandits of some sort. They were in a firefight with the cops (who didnt survive). A min or so after the fight some more cops showed up and just started shooting at me. Was it because i had not holstered my weapon? Or just a bug? It would be impressive if the fired because they saw the cops the bandits killed and falsely put 2+2 together...but i doubt it was that.
  3. Debris seems to pop up from the ground from time to time. I'm guessing it's cars hitting other cars. Is everyone in CP2077 a terrible driver?
  4. Good ol Red Engine pop in and overly aggressive LODs. Some things never change.
  5. The game really thinks I should use a controller. I needed a hex edit on the games .exe to fix it. It seems to affect some Windows and Linux users. CDPR are aware of it though so hopefully that gets patched soon.
  6. It's crashing after a while. Could be the game. Could be Proton. Could be my SSD (which i am getting a bit suspicious of). Will try Proton Experimental to see if that improves things.

Overall though it does look a game I will enjoy a good bit. But it could still do with some more fixing.

Avatar image for sargentd
SargentD

8680

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8680 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I played the opening mission on my steam deck last night. It was awesome... Loved everything I've done so far. Looking forward tk digging in. Gonna try and complete psychonauts 2 at the same time... We'll see how it goes!

Phychonauts 2 is a gem. People slept on it. One of the best platformers this generation

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

23276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23276 Posts

@sargentd said:
@TheEroica said:

I played the opening mission on my steam deck last night. It was awesome... Loved everything I've done so far. Looking forward tk digging in. Gonna try and complete psychonauts 2 at the same time... We'll see how it goes!

Phychonauts 2 is a gem. People slept on it. One of the best platformers this generation

I actually feel bad for people who never played psychonauts 1 and 2. They are prime examples of the genre. So much more imagination and creativity along with great writing and themes than some studios people gush over.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't even click on YouTube gamer outrage shit yet my feed is always full of "this is why X game sucks" bait. Fucking cancer, can't even imagine what it would be like to be a person that keeps engaging with that kind of content.

Yup, even if you don't click on this canceraids, it will still pop up in everyone's feed: simply because youtube, google, facebook and whoever else covers the news they know that negative news scores.

Like even in DF's latest Mortal Kombat 1 video: they kept praising the game at the start but they just had to add "eventhough the game doesn't run on the latest version Unreal Engine". Why though? What does that matter? Why do we have to keep finding that one single reason to critique others and the work of others?

Puzzling.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

71194

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 71194 Posts

Imagine paying full price for this game and having to wait almost 3 years to be good.😂

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

18015

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#21 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 18015 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't even click on YouTube gamer outrage shit yet my feed is always full of "this is why X game sucks" bait. Fucking cancer, can't even imagine what it would be like to be a person that keeps engaging with that kind of content.

Yup, even if you don't click on this canceraids, it will still pop up in everyone's feed: simply because youtube, google, facebook and whoever else covers the news they know that negative news scores.

Like even in DF's latest Mortal Kombat 1 video: they kept praising the game at the start but they just had to add "eventhough the game doesn't run on the latest version Unreal Engine". Why though? What does that matter? Why do we have to keep finding that one single reason to critique others and the work of others?

Puzzling.

It matters because they are a channel that does technical analysis. So, information about which game engine they are using is part of the breakdown.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't even click on YouTube gamer outrage shit yet my feed is always full of "this is why X game sucks" bait. Fucking cancer, can't even imagine what it would be like to be a person that keeps engaging with that kind of content.

Yup, even if you don't click on this canceraids, it will still pop up in everyone's feed: simply because youtube, google, facebook and whoever else covers the news they know that negative news scores.

Like even in DF's latest Mortal Kombat 1 video: they kept praising the game at the start but they just had to add "eventhough the game doesn't run on the latest version Unreal Engine". Why though? What does that matter? Why do we have to keep finding that one single reason to critique others and the work of others?

Puzzling.

It matters because they are a channel that does technical analysis. So, information about which game engine they are using is part of the breakdown.

Game looks stunning, saying it doesn't run on UE 5 and that that is a shame isn't as much informative as it is finding a single thing to critique about, just to have a thing to critique.

MK1 on UE4 looks better than shovelware on UE5.

Avatar image for poe13
poe13

1441

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#23 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@Pedro: im gonna go out on a limb and guess those same ppl probably played other games in the meantime rather than just sit and wait for 3 years for it to hopefully become good.

But I get your point. This thing was a trainwreck in 2020, and I played it recently and perhaps things have changed and bugs were fixed but it still comes off as a borderlands clone to me. The AI still just sits around and trades bullets with you, so its not improved to me.

Whatever. I guess the internet needed to hear a comeback story. This ain't it, chief.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

18015

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 18015 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't even click on YouTube gamer outrage shit yet my feed is always full of "this is why X game sucks" bait. Fucking cancer, can't even imagine what it would be like to be a person that keeps engaging with that kind of content.

Yup, even if you don't click on this canceraids, it will still pop up in everyone's feed: simply because youtube, google, facebook and whoever else covers the news they know that negative news scores.

Like even in DF's latest Mortal Kombat 1 video: they kept praising the game at the start but they just had to add "eventhough the game doesn't run on the latest version Unreal Engine". Why though? What does that matter? Why do we have to keep finding that one single reason to critique others and the work of others?

Puzzling.

It matters because they are a channel that does technical analysis. So, information about which game engine they are using is part of the breakdown.

Game looks stunning, saying it doesn't run on UE 5 and that that is a shame isn't as much informative as it is finding a single thing to critique about, just to have a thing to critique.

MK1 on UE4 looks better than shovelware on UE5.

That is a testament to the great work of the developers. An engine is just a tool to be used. It does not create the game for you. UE5 is a better tool than UE4. I think they were just pointing out that they are not using the latest tools of the trade, and it would have been nice to see what they could create with the latest tools.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@BassMan said:

That is a testament to the great work of the developers. An engine is just a tool to be used. It does not create the game for you. UE5 is a better tool than UE4. I think they were just pointing out that they are not using the latest tools of the trade, and it would have been nice to see what they could create with the latest tools.

If the journalist was trying to be informative, then he could've simply adressed why he thinks Nanite and Lumen would've made Mortal Kombat 1 a better game. He did no such thing, therefor I feel that the mention itself was in fact made in order to have something to critique.

And no, I also disagree with you saying that UE5 is a better tool than UE4. For graphics? Perhaps. Ray traced lighting? Sure

But in order to have a well optimized working day one experience UE4 examples far outshine the UE5 ones.

In fact I will go as far as to say that if MK1 was on UE 5 and would boast its latest features it would not be running at 4K with 60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X. It would most likely be closer to Aveum's 720p resolution. If you want a well optimized great looking game UE4 is the way to go.

If you want Lumen and Nanite, go UE5.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

18015

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 18015 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

That is a testament to the great work of the developers. An engine is just a tool to be used. It does not create the game for you. UE5 is a better tool than UE4. I think they were just pointing out that they are not using the latest tools of the trade, and it would have been nice to see what they could create with the latest tools.

If the journalist was trying to be informative, then he could've simply adressed why he thinks Nanite and Lumen would've made Mortal Kombat 1 a better game. He did no such thing, therefor I feel that the mention itself was in fact made in order to have something to critique.

And no, I also disagree with you saying that UE5 is a better tool than UE4. For graphics? Perhaps. Ray traced lighting? Sure

But in order to have a well optimized working day one experience UE4 examples far outshine the UE5 ones.

In fact I will go as far as to say that if MK1 was on UE 5 and would boast its latest features it would not be running at 4K with 60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X. It would most likely be closer to Aveum's 720p resolution. If you want a well optimized great looking game UE4 is the way to go.

If you want Lumen and Nanite, go UE5.

UE5 can be used with the same feature set as UE4 while providing better developer tools and optimizations. So, yes, it is better than UE4 regardless if you use Lumen and Nanite.

Avatar image for gamingbets
GamingBets

11

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 GamingBets
Member since 2023 • 11 Posts

Been watching some streamers playing the 2.0 update, kinda makes me want to play again but do i really want to lol

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

1870

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Nah, it's still not 'great'. Now it's merely playable, but far from great.

I played through it last month. I'd give it a 7/10 personally. It played like an FPS developed by an Indie developer who has absolutely zero experience with first person shooters.

Oh wait, I actually hit the nail on the head with that description.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

16659

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16659 Posts

@kathaariancode: it's true. Open world games are just too time consuming and expensive. The Sony linear movie games are just easier and cheaper to make.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3595 Posts

@sargentd: I was going to post about it yesterday when I saw it mentioned. Breaks my heart seeing how nobody really noticed it. Also sucks that it didn't even got a physical edition.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

23276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#31 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23276 Posts

@Pedro said:

Imagine paying full price for this game and having to wait almost 3 years to be good.😂

Only the depraved pre-order folk could stand that sort of punishment.

I chose to wait..... For the game to get finished.... And my nephew bought it months ago so steam family share allows me to play it free of charge.... 👪😎 The good life!

Avatar image for omegamaster
omegaMaster

3509

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3509 Posts

Is it really worth it now?! Goes on Youtube

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

11728

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11728 Posts

@theam0g said:

Nah, it's still not 'great'. Now it's merely playable, but far from great.

I played through it last month. I'd give it a 7/10 personally. It played like an FPS developed by an Indie developer who has absolutely zero experience with first person shooters.

Oh wait, I actually hit the nail on the head with that description.

Then you didn't play 2.0

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts
@BassMan said:

UE5 can be used with the same feature set as UE4 while providing better developer tools and optimizations. So, yes, it is better than UE4 regardless if you use Lumen and Nanite.

Please provide clear examples of why MK1 on UE5 would outshine or be better than MK1 on UE4.

Now you're saying "UE5 is better because it is simply better" which isn't really much of an argument.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

1870

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@fedor said:
@theam0g said:

Nah, it's still not 'great'. Now it's merely playable, but far from great.

I played through it last month. I'd give it a 7/10 personally. It played like an FPS developed by an Indie developer who has absolutely zero experience with first person shooters.

Oh wait, I actually hit the nail on the head with that description.

Then you didn't play 2.0

I've watched comparison videos of the patches. There's not much that's changed and 2.0 is still buggy as all hell. It's still a mess.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

18015

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 227

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 18015 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@BassMan said:

UE5 can be used with the same feature set as UE4 while providing better developer tools and optimizations. So, yes, it is better than UE4 regardless if you use Lumen and Nanite.

Please provide clear examples of why MK1 on UE5 would outshine or be better than MK1 on UE4.

Now you're saying "UE5 is better because it is simply better" which isn't really much of an argument.

I am saying the tools and features are better in UE5 vs. UE4. It is the latest evolution of the Unreal Engine. Each version builds on the previous version's foundation and offers improved quality, features and possibilities. What developers decide to do with those tools is up to them. Obviously, the developer felt that UE4 was adequate for the scope of the game and they executed it well.

The Digital Foundry video says "and while this is not using the latest tech in Unreal Engine 5, the turn out still impresses for a 2023 title.". In no way is that a negative comment and you are making a big deal about them even mentioning it. I really don't understand what the issue is. Nobody is saying that MK1 is bad on UE4 or should have been on UE5. UE4 is a very capable engine and UE5 is even more capable. There is nothing more to it.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

9986

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#37 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9986 Posts

@pclover1980 said:

@Sushiglutton: just the police ai and chases from what I played. Everything else stayed the same apart from a few gameplay changes that may seem to have affected AI, but it actually doesn't.

I see. I kind of suspected that was the case. Well there’s a lot of other qualities in the game, but I was hoping that stealth would get a more substantial face lift.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

46953

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46953 Posts

@BassMan said:

I am saying the tools and features are better in UE5 vs. UE4. It is the latest evolution of the Unreal Engine. Each version builds on the previous version's foundation and offers improved quality, features and possibilities. What developers decide to do with those tools is up to them. Obviously, the developer felt that UE4 was adequate for the scope of the game and they executed it well.

The Digital Foundry video says "and while this is not using the latest tech in Unreal Engine 5, the turn out still impresses for a 2023 title.". In no way is that a negative comment and you are making a big deal about them even mentioning it. I really don't understand what the issue is. Nobody is saying that MK1 is bad on UE4 or should have been on UE5. UE4 is a very capable engine and UE5 is even more capable. There is nothing more to it.

You're right, my point is about the negative videos on youtube and DF were just doing their job.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

7374

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7374 Posts

Going to start soon after beating a couple of other games pleased I waited was so tempted to play about 6 months ago but made the right call.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#40 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3595 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I think DF does a great job in being fairly objective yet due to the nature of their work they are highly influential over how toxic the discourse has become. Even John already publicly talked about his mental health struggles as a result of the absolute sewage that follows after some of their videos.

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

60724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60724 Posts

Might have to finally try this game!

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1316

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1316 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@pclover1980 said:

@Sushiglutton: just the police ai and chases from what I played. Everything else stayed the same apart from a few gameplay changes that may seem to have affected AI, but it actually doesn't.

I see. I kind of suspected that was the case. Well there’s a lot of other qualities in the game, but I was hoping that stealth would get a more substantial face lift.

I guess there's only so much to change when it comes to AI and Stealth. Heck, Starfield doesn't even have that much better AI than Skyrim and that's a 2023 game.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

17875

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#43 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Wow right after my comment someone hits the nail on the head and posts not one, not two, but three compilation videos. Excellent.

lol, yup