crysis....dominator of consoles (review)

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

horndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 horndog
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts
Just in case you crysis haters didn't hear crysis got a 9.8 in PC GAMER. flame on
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
OLD..
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Not impressed.."But but, they don't just hand out 10's like t3h console magazines" As if thats enough evidence to render them less skilled at what they do.
horndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horndog

OLD..Arsenal325

granted it's old but it still leaves u pwned

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Not impressed.."But but, they don't just hand out 10's like t3h console magazines" As if thats enough evidence to render them less skilled at what they do.
Pro_wrestler

Hey....they're a respected publication.

Much more than can be said for "experienced" multiplatform review sites such as IGN or Gamespot.

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]OLD..horndog

How am i pwned? i can play crysis as soon as it comes out.. lol im getting the game when it comes out.. you=pwned

gamingfreak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamingfreak47
Member since 2004 • 3408 Posts
dude even if a game, no matter how increadible it is on another consol or pc It wont impact my decision D= Ill always choose many other games over it.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

Oh please, I hope you're not trying to compare PCGamer to GameInformer. GI's reviews are some of the worst out there for every platform.

Anyway a great score, albeit a bit old.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pro_wrestler

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

BobHipJames

Much more than can be said for "experienced" multiplatform review sites such as IGN or Gamespot.

1. How does anyone here have enough credit to DISCREDIT a source like IGN or Gamespot. You don't so get over it.
2. Gamespot is 'less experienced' yet your still here complaining with every other person about the next game that flops.
3. What your saying doesn't make sense. Because they ARE multiplatform reveiw sources, they are subject to less biased..so hope abored your marry-go-round and try and spin that whichever way you want.

horndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 horndog
[QUOTE="horndog"]

[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]OLD..Arsenal325

[

How am i pwned? i can play crysis as soon as it comes out.. lol im getting the game when it comes out.. you=pwned

how does that make me pwned?

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pro_wrestler

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Saturos3091

Oh please, I hope you're not trying to compare PCGamer to GameInformer. GI's reviews are some of the worst out there for every platform.

I would much rather Game Informers opinion than to be subject to biased writers of a platform specific mag.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Saturos3091

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

I would much rather Game Informers opinion than to be subject to biased writers of a platform specific mag.

I don't understand how a magazine that specializes in reviewing games for once platform is biased. They review games for a single platform, they've seen the worst, they've seen the best that the platform has to offer. In fact, I'd think they'd be less biased due to having far more experience with the platform the game is on. That's just me though...
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

1. How does anyone here have enough credit to DISCREDIT a source like IGN or Gamespot. You don't so get over it.
2. Gamespot is 'less experienced' yet your still here complaining with every other person about the next game that flops.
3. What your saying doesn't make sense. Because they ARE multiplatform reveiw sources, they are subject to less biased..so hope abored your marry-go-round and try and spin that whichever way you want.

Point 3 is wrong, there 2 kinds of reviews , commerical and well .. "proper" PC Gamer magazine isnt trying to sell you copies, they are harsh , thats why they got thier respectable credit.

1up a multiplatform website 1 of the reviewers aas you may know hates the PS3 and expresses it during 360 shows ................. multiplatform =I less bias ... it actual means sometimes the reviewers have to review games in genre/systems they dont like that much , as compared to the PC Gamer staff who are hardcore PC Gamers and treat every hame like it has to proove something.

Doom 3 9.4? They are one of teh only reviwers to understand what Doom 3 was ... " A Next Gen Doom" nothing more nothing less, and it did that perfectly.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

.... how does a PC specific mag have a bias when they aren't tied to any company....PC Gamer magazine is the most respected magazine around to be honest.... Their reviewers are basically seen as the model for what a professional reviewer should be... This is PROVED by them getting asked EVERY year to do Q&A at conventions around the world OVER every other review source you could think of. If someone needs to know what it is like and how you should act, PC Gamer is the magazine to look at.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Saturos3091

I don't understand how a magazine that specializes in reviewing games for once platform is biased. They review games for a single platform, they've seen the worst, they've seen the best that the platform has to offer. In fact, I'd think they'd be less biased due to having far more experience with the platform the game is on. That's just me though...

Yeah the PC isn't just backed by one developer or 3rd party publisher. They review games from all different types of devs and publishers. I wouldn't say they are biased in the least. Now Xbox magazine or nintendo power, those are very biased.

Slurms_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Slurms_M
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

A lot of their reviews are pretty close to the reviews of multiplatform reviewing sites.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Saturos3091

Yeah the PC isn't just backed by one developer or 3rd party publisher. They review games from all different types of devs and publishers. I wouldn't say they are biased in the least. Now Xbox magazine or nintendo power, those are very biased.

DragonfireXZ95

Xbox Mag and Nintendo Power do show some traits of bias; yeah. I always liked that about NP's reviews though, they were always how I would've felt about the game if I had bought it, so it felt more "spot-on" than it actually was.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Slurms_M

A lot of their reviews are pretty close to the reviews of multiplatform reviewing sites.

like thier 10 for bioshock?

10 for COD4?

they overscore a lot of games...especially those with a lot of hype behind them.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Meu2k7

Point 3 is wrong, there 2 kinds of reviews , commerical and well .. "proper" PC Gamer magazine isnt trying to sell you copies, they are harsh , thats why they got thier respectable credit.

1up a multiplatform website 1 of the reviewers aas you may know hates the PS3 and expresses it during 360 shows ................. multiplatform =I less bias ... it actual means sometimes the reviewers have to review games in genre/systems they dont like that much , as compared to the PC Gamer staff who are hardcore PC Gamers and treat every hame like it has to proove something.

Doom 3 9.4? They are one of teh only reviwers to understand what Doom 3 was ... " A Next Gen Doom" nothing more nothing less, and it did that perfectly.

Your right but if point 3 is wrong then the same argument can be used in defense of Gamespot! Even the developers of the game had something to say about their score(R&C). Bioshock is an example with lemmings and the Sheep with ZTP. I personally think that they are the most honest webbased reveiw source, I don't think a 7.5 versus scores of a 9+ accross the board would look to well if they had a hidden agenda to sugar coat game scores to inflate sales. Though I do think their reveiws are more newbied and less detailed, vastly.

Slurms_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Slurms_M

10 for COD4?

they overscore a lot of games...especially those with a lot of hype behind them.

cobrax25

Pretty close. Alot of people gave out perfect or near perfect scores for Bioshock and the only review for COD4 I have seen was on GS.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="Slurms_M"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

cobrax25

10 for COD4?

I agree but theres something about this sort of thing that makes me think extreme biased.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

horrowhip

.... how does a PC specific mag have a bias when they aren't tied to any company....PC Gamer magazine is the most respected magazine around to be honest.... Their reviewers are basically seen as the model for what a professional reviewer should be... This is PROVED by them getting asked EVERY year to do Q&A at conventions around the world OVER every other review source you could think of. If someone needs to know what it is like and how you should act, PC Gamer is the magazine to look at.

Did you just purposely rhyme or did you do that by accident:lol: Your probably right but its the same as if I were an Xbox owner reading up on how an Xbox exclusive received a 10. The first thing that you will realise is that an Xbox exclusive got a prime score from an Xbox mag. You withhold judgement and wait for other sites to see if their in line with that reveiw. Same for Playstation Mag and same for Nintendo power, their reveiws can be written with the upmost etiquette and honesty but you still wonder if biased plays a factor. Not discrediting them as a valid source.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax25
[QUOTE="horrowhip"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

Did you just purposely rhyme or did you do that by accident:lol: Your probably right but its the same as if I were an Xbox owner reading up on how an Xbox exclusive received a 10. The first thing that you will realise is that an Xbox exclusive got a prime score from an Xbox mag. You withhold judgement and wait for other sites to see if their in line with that reveiw. Same for Playstation Mag and same for Nintendo power, their reveiws can be written with the upmost etiquette and honesty but you still wonder if biased plays a factor. Not discrediting them as a valid source.

you dont seem to understand....PC gamer is not owned by any first party out their...they are independent...and review games on a open platform....

thats why they rarely ever give high scores at all.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler
While this thread is crap, i have to say - PC gamer are a VERY critical magazine.

Compared ot OXM which pumps out 10/10s all the time. Getting AAA in PC gamer is a chore.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Isnt it coming to consoles, so how is ita console killer?
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cobrax25

Isnt it coming to consoles, so how is ita console killer?SAGE_OF_FIRE

no.....

Slurms_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Slurms_M

Isnt it coming to consoles, so how is ita console killer?SAGE_OF_FIRE

Because it's not coming to consoles.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

To be honest, I've been looking at some trailers lately and it doesn't seem very interesting.

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts

PC Gamer... :roll:

that is pretty flaming from them, and not at all surprising :|

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Meu2k7

What are they trying to sell? :?

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

not true, just becuase a site/mag does more than one platform doesn't mean they are less biast, you look at any multiplatform review sorce any just about always they support one more than the others. I could say halo 3 = 8 since that's what pc world gave it, they do reviews from all platforms but don't support all as much as each other same goes, for gamerpro, hyper and every other multiplat review source

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts

On the PC Gamer Podcast, the editors were arguing over the score. :P

Half were saying that it's just a great shooter but nothing mindblowing, while the other half were saying that it's an incredible game, one of the best ever made.

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="horrowhip"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

cobrax25

you dont seem to understand....PC gamer is not owned by any first party out their...they are independent...and review games on a open platform....

thats why they rarely ever give high scores at all.

You know that OXM and PC Gamer are owned by the same company, Future, and are actually companion magazines. Bad argument whoever keeps bringing it up.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

Crysis = PC game
Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Pro_wrestler

Wow, just stop please. You have no idea what you're talking about. PC Gamer are VERY harsh on their reviews. Very, very rarley does a game get above a 95% or higher. Crysis is tied with two other games for the highest rating they've ever given. "BuH Buh Teh Crysis is just TEH GRAPHIX!!!!!". Please.......

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 trix5817
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

Saturos3091

He'd rather see a review by GI, which gives out 10's like their nothing. The highest rating PC Gamer has ever given out was a 9.8........

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 trix5817
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Reveiw sorce = PC mag

JiveT

What are they trying to sell? :?

Their magazine, not the game...........yay reading comprehension!

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

Why do PC gamers care so much about how their games are stacked up against console games?

PC gaming will always be there, good games will always come its way; this isn't like console games.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Why do PC gamers care so much about how their games are stacked up against console games?

PC gaming will always be there, good games will always come its way; this isn't like console games.

elbow2k

Bragging rights :P

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 elbow2k
[QUOTE="elbow2k"]

Lonelynight

I think the one thing PC gamers get is the peace of mind knowing that we will get good games, it's only matter of time.

I've always looked at console gaming as secondary to PC gaming, but that's just me.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Did someone in this thread really try to trivialize Crysis' 98% by saying that PC Gamer is favorably biased towards PC games, or was I just imagining things?
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
The demo is a 9, I don't no about the MP though cause I wasn't part of the beta
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
[QUOTE="elbow2k"]

Lonelynight

Console gaming has come a long way especially with XBL. Crysis may be a fun game but simplicity is what is making me rather be on XBL with my friends than on the PC playing a game.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Did someone in this thread really try to trivialize Crysis' 98% by saying that PC Gamer is favorably biased towards PC games, or was I just imagining things?Zeliard9

Several people did. I suppose the assumption is that PC gaming is exactly like console gaming where the console manufacturers pay or found magazines to get favourable reviews.

It probably never really crossed their minds that since PC gaming is a decentralized market, there is no one to influence sites and magazines. It also probably escaped them that the last 98% from PC Gamer was Half Life 2.

But hey, if PC Gamer is just a fanboy publication that gives inflated scores to PC games, their doing a really terrible job at it.

elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 elbow2k
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="elbow2k"]

Big_Gamer_Al

Console gaming has come a long way especially with XBL. Crysis may be a fun game but simplicity is what is making me rather be on XBL with my friends than on the PC playing a game.

Do you mean angry kids spamming Mic? People dropping out of matches? Stupid Achievements? It's funny how hard XBL users are ripped on online PC games.

PS. How about them Packers? :P

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

elbow2k
This guy doesent speak on the behalf of all of us.....
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pro_wrestler

*sigh* Why do people respond to something I wrote that has been long sense cleared up? Its like they'll read my first reply then scurry about trying to reply when the matter is over:lol: Read all of the thread before replying kthxbye.

@Cobrax:

I realise that they may be "freelance" but still, I don't think they would have employment at that magazine if they didn't favor the PC which calls for question of biased whether they are or not. As readers, we don't know for sure.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

On the PC Gamer Podcast, the editors were arguing over the score. :P

Half were saying that it's just a great shooter but nothing mindblowing, while the other half were saying that it's an incredible game, one of the best ever made.

Einhanderkiller

.... wrong... They were arguing with Garry Whitta, who has only played the demo and who's only complaints were that it felt like the enemy took too much damage and he couldn't max the demo out. The people who have played the full game were quick to point out that the final game runs better and the demo is the worst part of the game. They also said that it isn't hard to kill the enemies if you shoot them in the head... He finally admitted he just wasn't as good as he used to be. He said the gameplay was amazing but he hated having to turn down the graphics and he hated not being able to kill the Koreans when shooting from a long distance, with the silencer on, at their chest. He said he would withhold judgement though. He did say he thought it was a 93-94% game, which is still amazing from PC Gamer but that is only coming from experiencing the demo, which is basically the low point of the game.